ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sneezing and reshaa during Amrit-velaa - Can anyone offer help?

Posted by Manvir Singh 
Guru Pyaario

Daas sneezes a lot at Amrit Velaa and has a bunged up nose. Does anyone know any remedies?

I try taking hayfever medicine and cold medicine night before but doesn't work. I have this problem all year around.

Thanks
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
have you been to a doctor? suffering allergy symptoms all year round sounds like a medical problem... maybe there's some allergen in your home that you're not aware of...
Do you do keshi ishnaan daily and then sit in front of AC or fan with wet kesh open?
For Hayfever, I have heard that lining the nose with Mustard oil works wonders for itchy noses as it blocks pollen.
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Please provide some more detail. Is it immediately when you wake up/after you take a shower/while going to a different room/when going outside? Does it persist throughout the day or only at Amrit Vela? Is it worse when it rains/is hotter/drier?

Different triggers can cause this. Sometimes, congestion builds up overnight and unleashes in the morning. Sometimes, it is temprature dependent, and ishnan will trigger this due to the temprature difference (hot or cold shower/bath). It could be an allergen in the house if it is year around. It could be related to heat (I get a very stuffy nose when it is warm and no a/c is on). It could be related to the weather.

Confusing enough? eye popping smiley
Thank you Bhai Sahib.

Daas sneezes usually when going inside the bathroom to brush teeth etc. Bathroom floor is not marble or anything and is not cold. Doing ishnaan (inc. kesi ishnaan) is fine. When sitting down to do Abhiaas I need to keep tissues on stand by because I sneeze or nose runs. Sometimes I get reshaa and need to clear throat. It's weird since I posted on forum I haven't sneezed (apart from once) but today I did still need to keep using tissues because I have a runny nose.

Half way into Japji Sahib I think everything usually stops. I suffer mainly in the mornings from when I wake up and sometimes when having breakfast.

Sneezing really puts a strain on my head!

Thanks again Gurmukho.
where do you do naam abhiyas? something in that room is irritating your nose and making you sneeze (btw, cold doesn't make you sneeze- though bright lights can- which is why some sneeze upon waking). so keep the lights dim and make sure the room is completely clean. vacuum (using a vacuum cleaner with an allergy filter- otherwise it will just spread the dust around) and wash down the walls and floorboards. if you use a fan, clean the fan (fan blades get really dirty and can spread dust and allergens easily.) install a clean filter if you use a furnace.
you might consider using a humidifier in that room, as humid air can also help keep the nose from getting irritated. as another poster suggested, putting an oil or petroleum jelly in the nose can help temporarily, but make sure to clean it out after or it will trap dirt and get disgusting.

there's a physical reason for your sneezing, it's your body's defense against inhaling foreign particles. you just have to figure out what the trigger is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login