ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Coca Cola has Alcohol

Posted by Hari Singh 
Coca Cola has Alcohol
February 28, 2011 07:16AM
Those unfortunate Veers/ Bhains who do not keep bibek, please read this news article and let others know.

Coca Cola recipe 'discovered'
A website claims to have uncovered Coca-Cola's top secret recipe.

Coca-Cola's top secret recipe has allegedly been revealed Photo: REUTERSBy Barney Henderson 12:53AM GMT 15 Feb 2011
105 Comments
The ingredients of the drink, created by John Pemberton, a medicinal pharmacist in 1886, have always been a mystery.

However, Thisamericanlife.org claims to have discovered a list in a photograph in a newspaper article giving the ingredients and exact quantities to make the drink.

The Feb 8 1979 edition of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution has a photo of someone holding open a book with a recipe claimed to be an exact replica of Pemberton's.

The recipe reportedly contains the exact measures of all the different oils needed for Coca Cola's secret ingredient, Merchandise 7X.

Despite making up only one per cent of the drink's total formula, Merchandise 7X is thought to give the popular soft drink its unique taste.

Related Articles

Cancer fear over colouring in cola 17 Feb 2011
Coca-cola drink advert banned 19 Jan 2011
Mentos and Coke explosion record 23 Aug 2010
The official recipe is said to be guarded 24-hours a day in a vault in Atlanta, Georgia.

The 'secret recipe'

Fluid extract of Coca 3 drams USP

Citric acid 3 oz

Caffeine 1oz

Sugar 30 (it is unclear from the markings what quantity is required)

Water 2.5 gal

Lime juice 2 pints 1 qrt

Vanilla 1oz

Caramel 1.5oz or more to colour

7X flavour (use 2oz of flavour to 5 gals syrup):

Alcohol 8oz

Orange oil 20 drops

Lemon oil 30 drops

Nutmeg oil 10 drops

Coriander 5 drops

Neroli 10 drops

Cinnamon 10 drops

[www.telegraph.co.uk]
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Coca Cola has Alcohol
February 28, 2011 08:32AM
I have personally called coca-cola to ask about this in the past - they said that there is no alcohol nor are there any animal ingredients in their products - this includes things like powerade sports drinks
February 28, 2011 08:35AM
Another reason to keep Bibek.

Kulbir Singh
February 28, 2011 03:23PM
This is an email from coca cola confirming that it doesn't contain any alcohol. However, it's best to avoid it anyway and wise to keep dietary bibek.

Thank you for your email to us.

Soft drink products of The Coca-Cola Company are officially recognised as non-alcoholic beverages. In the manufacture of our soft drink products, alcohol is not added as an ingredient and no fermentation takes place. The ingredients and manufacturing process used in the production of Coca-Cola are rigorously regulated by government and health authorities in more than 200 countries which have consistently recognised the beverage as a non-alcoholic product.

We can also confirm that none of the 'Coca-Cola' and 'Schweppes' brands contain any ingredients derived from mammals or poultry including egg and milk. However it is important to note that some products contain minute traces of fish gelatine, which is used as a stabiliser for the beta-carotene colour. These products are:

'Lilt' pineapple & grapefruit
'Lilt' Zero pineapple & grapefruit
'Kia-Ora' Orange Squash and NAS
'Schweppes' Orange Squash

Beta-Carotene is a substance that occurs naturally in abundance in fruits and vegetables. It is what gives the yellow-orange fruits and vegetables their colour.

I hope this information is helpful and thank you once again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards,

Maria Vaughan
Consumer Information Centre
Coca-Cola Great Britain
February 28, 2011 05:39PM
Coke and all those fizzy drinks are full of sugar, and so is jucie (packaged and bottled) sugar is bad enough to stop drinking them. Sugar is such amounts causes teeth damage and we need teeth for recitation of God's Name.

Diet drinks too are bad because they contain sucarine which is bad for the brain cells.

The more simple a person's food is, the better they are off like that. Simple food is ideal for spiritual advancement because certain foods cause certain desires hence problems in spiritual advancement. Simple food also gives more clarity in the mind.
February 28, 2011 06:21PM
Vaheguru, whether the drink has achohal or not a gursikh is Absolitley forbidden from drinking it as it doesn't fall under the bibeky food column

Bhul chuk maaf

Guru Ka Daas
Binodh Singh
hot smileyI JUST KNEW COCA COLA HAS ALCHOHOL IN IT! SIKHS SHOULD STOP BYING IT ,I HAVE NO IDEA WHY PEOPLE ARE BYING COCA COLA EVEN WHEN THEY KNOW IT HAS ALCHOHOL IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
March 15, 2011 03:49PM
Tarun Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have personally called coca-cola to ask about
> this in the past - they said that there is no
> alcohol nor are there any animal ingredients in
> their products - this includes things like
> powerade sports drinks

Did you not read what Tarun Singh wrote? Coke DOES NOT have alcohol in it. I'm not supporting coke and saying that one should drink it but it DOES NOT have alcohol in it!
March 17, 2011 03:05AM
[quezi.com]

i guess we cant have orange juice anymore either
March 17, 2011 06:31AM
Tarun Singh jio,

The alcohol is ethanol, a natural alcohol, it hasen't been added.

But if we followed your view, it means we can no longer consume tomatoes as well. They contain ethanol.
Tarun Singh Wrote:
> [quezi.com]
>
> i guess we cant have orange juice anymore either

HAHA!
March 17, 2011 07:17PM
Tarun Singh Wrote:
> [quezi.com]
>
> i guess we cant have orange juice anymore either

Actually, we are not supposed to drink packaged drinks in the first placesmiling smiley so you are correct, don't trust anything made by non-gursikhs
March 17, 2011 10:21PM
you cant have orange juice you squeeze yourself either as that would also have some small amount of alcohol
March 19, 2011 09:37PM
Squeezed orange juice is allright to drink. vitamin c is important and vital for the body's immune system.
Vitamin c is VITAL for the body.
March 20, 2011 02:10PM
I don't drink orange juice anymore but I do eat aLOT of oranges. There are always alternatives to packaged foods/drinks, and its safer for the purposes of not straying from guru sahib's hukams to eat fruit rather than store-bought drinks. We can survive without squeezed orange juice or coke smiling smiley
The way I see it is since it is Guru Sahib's Rehit and mandatory to avoid consuming anything prepared anything from the hands of manmukhs, there would be consequences if we do not follow this Hukam. Instead of always trying to keep conscious of what to eat or drink and checking the ingredients, I would say it would be better and easier to simply avoid eating from outside, doing so will save your Sikhi a whole lot. Eating and drinking from anywhere only pollutes the mind, and you start to get Vikaari and Maya roopi thoughts and feelings, which leads to you acting upon such manmat thoughts. Almost at every Amrit Sanchaar, there is always Hukam to keep bibek and only eat from the hands of Tyaar bar Tyaar Rehitvaan Chardikala GurSikhs, but we try to use our intelligence because we think we can out beat the Law, then there are big consequences. There have been situations where people had to get Pesh at an Amrit Sanchaar because they sedately in took food which contained ingredients such as eggs or other dangerous compost. The only reason one, as a Sikh, would openly eat and drink from outside is because they are addicted to the taste processed food possesses; and trust me, it affects a person negatively huge in terms GurSikhi. Not much Bhagti can be done if we do not this simple Hukam. There is no need to research whether we can drink Coca Cola or processed orange juice and other beverages because they contain so and so ingredients that a Sikh should not partake, since it is a Hukam at the end of the day for every Sikh of the Guru to keep dietary bibek.

Now in the case of trying to make orange juice or any juice, it is not that hard at all. I would say go for it, it is much cleaner, healthier, and most importantly, safer for you in terms of Sikhi. Stores sell this 'juicers' or blenders which make it easy for you to squeeze the juice, instead of you having to physically sit there with a uncomfortable look on your face trying to squeeze the juice with your hands.

If it not possible for us to drink orange and other sorts of juices, what is there to lose at the end of the day? I myself can not recall the last time drinking any sort of juice, the only beverage would be homemade lemonade. We are still consuming the juice as we manually eat the fruit, so there should not be much of a problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login