ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What a gursikh should resolve to achieve in life

Posted by MB Singh 
Once a young educated gursikh, asked me this question. I may not be accurate in phrasing it, exactly? He used a different word for that. Anyway, I did not reply him at that time and requested time for that. But I did tell him that I was happy to listen this question from him.

It is about three years, passed now.

What could be the answer? As a sikh of THE GURU, what target our youth should struggle to achieve? Should we have target or go on without it?

Help please, to find a suitable answer.confused smiley
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
In Siree Rehraas Sahib we read everyday,

ਆਸਾਮਹਲਾ੫ਦੁਪਦੇ||
ਭਈਪਰਾਪਤਿਮਾਨੁਖਦੇਹੁਰੀਆ||
You have been blessed with this human body
ਗੋਬਿੰਦਮਿਲਣਕੀਇਹਤੇਰੀਬਰੀਆ||
This is your chance to meet the Lord of the Universe
ਅਵਰਿਕਾਜਤੇਰੈਕਿਤੈਨਕਾਮ||
Other efforts are of no use to you.
ਮਿਲੁਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿਭਜੁਕੇਵਲਨਾਮ||੧||
Joining the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, vibrate and meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord.
ਸਰੰਜਾਮਿਲਾਗੁਭਵਜਲਤਰਨਕੈ||
Make the effort, and cross over the terrifying world ocean.
ਜਨਮੁਬ੍ਰਿਥਾਜਾਤਰੰਗਿਮਾਇਆਕੈ||੧||ਰਹਾਉ||
This human life is passing away in vain, in the love of Maya.

Guru Sahib has clearley explained that a Gursikhs goal is to meet Vaheguru. There are hundreds of shabad, to instruct us to do Simran Athar Pehar (24/7), make our Jeevan safal and merge with Vaheguru like a raindrop merges with the ocean.
Many people are not clear on what the goal of human life is. Even many Amritdhari Gursikhs are not fully informed of the ultimate reason why Sikhi is adopted. Bhai Vista jee has quoted an excellent Shabad that makes it clear what the goal of human life is.

Whether a child, a youth or an old person, the goal is one and the same - attainment of Vaheguru, Milaap with Vaheguru. Everything we do shoud be done keeping this aim in mind and any action we do should be done only if it would assist in attaining our aim of meeting Vaheguru.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Veer Ji, cannot we have a measurable goal? If this is our goal, how many of us are close to achieve it?

I need some practical achievable target. Please forgive me. If I am not close near to it at 80, how can I recommend it to a boy of 20?

Waheguru Ji.
If I have been lucky enough to find a true guru in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji; what is attainment of Waheguru, in addition to that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login