ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sardar ji jokes

Posted by Bhagauti 
Sardar ji jokes
April 14, 2010 07:39AM
We all love Sardar jokes. But do you know that Sikhs are one of the hardest working prosperous and diversified communities in the world.

My friend told me about the following incident which I wish to share with you. It has had a deep impact on my thinking. During last vacation, his few friends came to Delhi . They rented a taxi for local sight-seeing. The driver was an old Sardar and boys being boys, these pals began cracking Sardarji jokes, just to tease the old man. But to their surprise, the fellow remained unperturbed.

At the end of the sight-seeing, they paid the cab hire-charges. The Sardar returned the change, but he gave each one of them one rupee extra and said, ''Son, since morning you have been telling Sardarji jokes.. I listened to them all and let me tell you, some of them were in bad taste. Still, I don't mind coz I know that you are young blood and are yet to see the world.. But I have one request. I am giving you one rupee each. Give it to the first Sardar beggar that you come across in this or any other city."

My friend continued,* ' That one rupee coin is still with me. I couldn't find a single Sardar begging anywhere.' MORAL: The secret behind their universal success, is their willingness to do any job with utmost dedication and pride. A Sardar will drive a truck or set up a roadside garage or a dhaba, put a fruit juice stall, take up small time carpentry, ... but he will never beg on the streets.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Sardar ji jokes
April 14, 2010 08:20AM
Not sure if I agree that Singh's like Sardar Ji Jokes. But I do like the way the Singh in the Taxi set an example for the boys that would stick with them for the rest of their livessmileys with beer
April 14, 2010 09:53AM
Bhagauti
We all love Sardar jokes.
NOsmiling smiley

Chota veer
April 14, 2010 10:05AM
i did not write this message. i got an email from someone. original written by a hindu.

idont like sardar jokes either.
April 14, 2010 10:24AM
i've seen this email so many times...

the problem is, i have seen sikhs begging. sad smiley when i was in delhi last time, some nihangs approached my singh and i asking us for money. it made me really upset to see.
April 14, 2010 09:57PM
I like the moral of this story it shows how Khalsa should always be independent. Such independence pleases Guru Ji.
Guru Sahib will give Raj to us once we become independent especially in the workforce.

There is a rehatnama by Bhai Desa Singh Ji that states work for Khalsa.
It would be a great initiative if some Singhs started opening their own businesses which they considered as the property of Khalsa and started employing Singhs. This way the Gursikhs and their way of life can become more pure . It often seems that when mingling with the outside their becomes a comprise in ones conduct and character. Plus the sangat we keep makes a big impact on our jeevans, and in work we spend much hours with the people we work with. Guru Sahib says always keep Gur ka Sikh sangat.

One thing I like about Yogi Bhajans Jatha is that they have started their own businesses. In these Businesses many Singhs work , wear Bana, do Naam Abhyiaas, and eat together. What a pure and blessed life. Through their sharda and GUru Jis grace their business have prospered they have a security company called " Akal Security" which is one of the top security companies in the U.S.. They also have yoga tea comapany which is also a very prosperous business. They also open up health clinics which they teach yoga. At the same time they do much parchar to the outside world without being influenced by the outside world. They have even done parchar in Punjab they have a Gurmat school in Amritar which they teach western education along with Gurmat morals. They are truly paving the way on how Sikhs can get Raj. Punjabi Sikhs on the other hand only open up Liquour Stores with the name Dhillions Liquor or Sandhus Liquor and Supermarket.

There is nothing wrong with going to College and gaining a Skill but I think it would be very pleasing to Guru Sahib if we used this skill to uplift the panth instead of upgrading our living situations. To me this is what Miri Piri consists of.
April 14, 2010 10:21PM
Veer Sukhdeep Singh Ji; what you discussed about 3HO institutions, I also appreciate that. This is what we need as a model of ideal sikh society.Getting Raj or not getting it is immaterial, if we learn to live in a sikh society. Knitting of bonds between other Gursikhs to form a compact social system; seems to provide an important attraction for our kids and others for Gursikh way of life. Who can resist the impact of a practical and spirtual living style working smoothly in a group. A group life is most important for present day sikhs and their children. May be; this is what Guru Sahib has wanted to teach us through principles of Sangat and Vand Chhakna.
April 15, 2010 06:30PM
Bhai Sahib you are right getting Raj or not getting it is immaterial if we learn to live in a sikh society. Guru Sahib set the example to live as a Sikh society through from numerous cities Kartarpar Sahin, Khadur Sahib, Amritsar, Kiratpur, Anandpuar, and Abichal Nagar ( Hazoor Sahib). As you mentioned this is the perfect environment in which one can more easily reach higher spiritual states.

REcently when their was conflict in Pakistani many Pakistani Sikhs had to migrate out of their homes which were located in a taliban- Us war zone. Thousands of these Sikhs went to Gurdwaras and the affluent SGPC did not do much to help these people. There were a few humanitarian organization who did some good in proving food, and medical attention to the refugees but without establishing Sikhi in such places there efforts were not as fruitful. This would have been a perfect time and place to set up a Sikh society in Pakistan. They could have even set up in the historical city Kartarpur. This would have helped the refugees and it would have re-established Sikhi in a region in which Sikhi was once accepted as a beautiful faith.
If there is any ever a major conflicts for Sikhs in India it would be nice to know that they have a refuge to go where Sikhi is intact.

Even nowadays many people do not take a yatra to Pakistan because they feel its to unsafe or there isnt much of a social network overthere. This is sad knowing the rich history of Sikhi in this country.
April 15, 2010 11:00PM
You are right Veer Ji. Safety concerns are another major factor. Sikhs who are living at far off places, in very few numbers are DHANN. We have our daily Ardaas for them; JAHAAN JAHAAN KHALSA JI SAHIB TAHAAN TAHAAN AAP DI RACHHYA RAYAIAAT HOVE JI.
April 17, 2010 01:59PM
No doubt Veer Ji those Sikhs whom are living in distant places and are few in numbers are blessed in deed.
The question then arises how does Guru Ji fullfill our ardas

JAHAAN JAHAAN KHALSA JI SAHIB TAHAAN TAHAAN AAP DI RACHHYA RAYAIAAT HOVE JI

Awp isMG jo rwjw hoeI inrDn isMGn pwlY soeI ]

According to Guru Ju

ਆਪ ਸਿਂਘ ਜੋ ਰਾਜਾ ਹੋਈ, ਨਰਧਾਨ ਸਿਂਘਨ ਪਾਲੈ ਸੋਈ

If one Singh is wealthy he should help to those Singhs whom are not so wealthy.

-Bhai Desa SIngh Ji

So I think its important that Sikhs whom are living in the West are well off in other places should give their vand to less fortunate Sikhs. There are many wealthy tourist cities in India that should also help poorer Sikhs. For example places like Harmandir Sahib and Hazoor Sahib should spend some of their income in developing other cities that would be based strictly on Gurmat.

Are there any Sikh cities in Delhi? There seems to be much potential for the teachings of Guru Sahib to flourish in this prosperous city. I know there are neighborhoods in Delhi that consist of Sikhs who were victims of the Riots in the 80's . Has anybody ever been to these big neighborhoods. Are these neighborhoods Gurmat based?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login