ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gurbani and evolution

Posted by Sukhdeep Singh 
Gurbani and evolution
April 16, 2010 06:40PM
I was curious what is the viewpoint of Gurbani and evolution. I noticed how the other Monotheistic faiths reject Evolution to their belief of the Adam and Eve story, but what is Sikhis view on evolution.

Personally I see nothing wrong with the theory of evolution. In a way it supports reincarnation it shows how the physical body is always changing and never permanent. There are many pangtis which mentions the atma going to different bodies but I wasI trying to specifically find a pangti which mentions the body changing the closest Shabad I could find is below

[www.sikhitothemax.com]

In the above pangti is the word meyr refer to change. What was the human body like in Satjug was it like the human body that we have today. I dont see how this is possible because the beings in that age lived for much longer thus there body must have had different features to it?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Gurbani and evolution
April 16, 2010 11:49PM
i think gurbani clearly supports the idea of evolution of the soul... but it certainly doesn't discount evolution of the universe either.

when people ask me if i believe in creation or evolution, i say both. i think waheguru created everything in the universe, including our ability to evolve. smiling smiley
when people ask me if i believe in creation or evolution, i say both. i think waheguru created everything in the universe, including our ability to evolve. smiling smiley

When people ask me if we evolved from apes I say yes we have evolved from Apes, fish, cats , dogs, etc. Now that we have received the human body its best we take Amrit , serve the GUru and finally end this physical evolution smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login