ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rules For Gurbanee Paaththumbs up

Posted by Vista 
Rules For Gurbanee Paaththumbs up
March 20, 2010 02:34PM
I think it would be beneficial if the following rules could be explained whilst reading GurbaNee. So every can make there recitation better and pass on the rules to others as well.

I remember once i recited rehras sahib after the paath had finished, a loving bhai sahib who is a accomplished laarvaar pathi said, the laag mantar in my paath need's correcting slightly. Bhai sahib went into rules of GurbaNee i seem to have forgotted bits of what he said.

1. Laag Mantras
2. Jamkee
3. Bishraam

Please add more rules.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Bindis, Jamkees (small pause) and Bishraams (full pause) are very important for understanding Gurbani and one is a Shudh Paathi only if one employs these methods when doing Paath. One can place Bindis and pauses only if one understands Gurbani. The second way is to take santhiya from an experienced Paathi and memorize important pauses and Bindis. In the coming days, this Daas will try to write an article on the importance of Bishraams and Bindis.

Regarding Laga-Maatra, there are two kind of Laga - Laghu and Deeragh (also called Guru). The 2 Laghu Maatra are Aunkad and Sihaari. The six Deeragh Maatra are Bihaari, Dulankad, hora, kanora, laava and Dulaava. There are differents schools of Gurbani Uchaaran. Most believe in keeping Laghu Maatra for nouns silent but some believe in pronouncing them. This Daas does not do Uchaaran of Laghu Maatra for Nouns but is not against pronouncing them too, if some Premis want to pronounce them. The only thing to keep in mind is to not let Laghu Maatras become Deeragh Maatras, i.e., Aunkad should not become Hora when pronouncing and Sihaari should not become Laam.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login