ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sun and Moon in Gian Khand? Where is raam chander,lol

Posted by Sukhdeep Singh 
In the following description of Giani Khand Guru Ji states

ਕੇਤੇ ਇੰਦ ਚੰਦ ਸੂਰ ਕੇਤੇ ਕੇਤੇ ਮੰਡਲ ਦੇਸ ॥

Many people say that this means many indras, suns, and moons, and lands in this place.

But I never knew Gian Khand had night and day. I though it was beyond time and space. So why would there be moons and suns in this place? If there is no night and day in Gian Khand then what function would numerous Suns and Moons have or is GUru Sahib mentioning there are many suns and moons to emphasize how vast Gian Khand because one SUn and one moon is enormous I cat imagine how big a place would be that had many Suns and many moons. We cannot even calculate such a vast place.

In this pauri Guru Sahib seems to be emphasizing there are many things existing in this place. Because so much things exist in this place how can we evaluate the vastness of this place. I remember Bhai Jasjit Singh Ji mentioning the following about Bhai Randhir Singh Jis book

"Bhai Sahib says Dharam Khand surrounds our world all around, thus enclosing our world completely. Like wise on the outside of Dharam Khand and around is Gian Khand, surrounded in turn by Saram Khand. Enveloping Saram Khand is Karam Khand. The entire creation is enveloped by the outermost Sach Khand. The inhabitation of Khands in reality is just as described in Jap ji Sahib, there is no scope of any doubt in this Divine revelation"

Thus Gian Khand must be a big place where many inhabitants live and if the pangti is an exact description of what Gian Khand is like then the use of the words Suns and moons is not a mere poetic device to indicate the vastness of Gian Khand instead it means there are many Suns and moons in this place?

Throughout history we have many warriors/soldiers who have died for what they believed is a just cause.

Going back to Gian Khand

ਕੇਤੇ ਪਵਣ ਪਾਣੀ ਵੈਸੰਤਰ ਕੇਤੇ ਕਾਨ ਮਹੇਸ ॥

So many winds, oceans, and fire. So many Krishans ( KhaaN) the destroyer. We know Krishna was great warrior who helped Arjan destroy many people.

So I was wondering is the following pangti

ਕੇਤੇ ਇੰਦ ਚੰਦ ਸੂਰ ਕੇਤੇ ਕੇਤੇ ਮੰਡਲ ਦੇਸ ॥

Does chand and sur mean moon and sun or instead does is the meaning refer to Ram Chander the Warrior?The pauri seems to be mentioning much about Bhagats and warriors.

It seems like every Khand seems to be mentioning warriors of some kind.

In the following pauri in mentioning Sharam Khand , Guru Sahib states

ਤਿਥੈ ਘੜੀਐ ਸੁਰਾ ਸਿਧਾ ਕੀ ਸੁਧਿ ॥੩੬॥

In this place warriors and siddhas purify themselves.

Many people say ਚੰਦ ਸੂਰ cant be referring to Ram Chander because he exists in Karam Khand. They use the following pangti

ਤਿਥੈ ਜੋਧ ਮਹਾਬਲ ਸੂਰ ॥ ਤਿਨ ਮਹਿ ਰਾਮੁ ਰਹਿਆ ਭਰਪੂਰ ॥ ਤਿਥੈ ਸੀਤੋ ਸੀਤਾ ਮਹਿਮਾ ਮਾਹਿ ॥
ਤਾ ਕੇ ਰੂਪ ਨ ਕਥਨੇ ਜਾਹਿ ॥

But I dont believe the following is referring to Ram Chander. Instead Raam is referring to God. Seeta is referring to the top meaning the zenith of spirituality. How can he exist in Karam Khand if there are many like him whom exist in Gian Khand?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook

Many people say ਚੰਦ ਸੂਰ cant be referring to Ram Chander because he exists in Karam Khand. They use the following pangti

ਤਿਥੈ ਜੋਧ ਮਹਾਬਲ ਸੂਰ ॥ ਤਿਨ ਮਹਿ ਰਾਮੁ ਰਹਿਆ ਭਰਪੂਰ ॥ ਤਿਥੈ ਸੀਤੋ ਸੀਤਾ ਮਹਿਮਾ ਮਾਹਿ ॥
ਤਾ ਕੇ ਰੂਪ ਨ ਕਥਨੇ ਜਾਹਿ ॥
But I dont believe the following is referring to Ram Chander. Instead Raam is referring to God. Seeta is referring to the top meaning the zenith of spirituality. How can he exist in Karam Khand if there are many like him whom exist in Gian Khand?

The meaning of ਸੀਤਾ according to Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee is not wife of Raghupati Raam but Rooh or souls or Aatmas. In Bhai Sahib own words:

ਤਿਥੇ (ਕਰਮ ਖੰਡ ਵਿਖੇ) ਵਸਣਹਾਰੀਆਂ ਰੂਹਾਂ (ਸੀਤਾ ਦੇ ਅਰਥ ਰੂਹਾਂ ਹਨ) ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਦੀ ਮਹਿਮਾ ਵਿਚ ਸੀਤੀਆਂ ਪ੍ਰੋਤੀਆਂ ਰਹਿੰਦੀਆਂ ਹਨ, ਜਿਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਦਿਬ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਮਹਾਂ ਅਨੂਪ, ਅਰੂਪ ਰੂਪ ਕਥੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾਂਦੇ।

Raghupati Rama did not have access to Karam Khand or Sachkhand.

But I never knew Gian Khand had night and day. I though it was beyond time and space. So why would there be moons and suns in this place? If there is no night and day in Gian Khand then what function would numerous Suns and Moons have or is GUru Sahib mentioning there are many suns and moons to emphasize how vast Gian Khand because one SUn and one moon is enormous I cat imagine how big a place would be that had many Suns and many moons. We cannot even calculate such a vast place.

Gurbani doesn't say that Gyan Khand does not have day or night but it does state that it has many moons and suns. Since Dharam Khand and Karam Bhoomis (Earths like our Earth) are all contained within Gyaan Khand, it could also mean that there are many many worlds like our own world, with their own suns and moons. Our duty is to just accept Guru Sahib's Hukam and believe that there are numerous suns and moons there. In due time, we will get the opportunity to see it all, Insha Allah!

Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login