ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vitamins

Posted by bhai 
Vitamins
February 19, 2011 06:51PM
before i eat some vitamins i bought, i was just wondering if some gursikhs can tell me if there is any animal by products in these vitamns? just scroll down to the bottom of this link to see the ingredients.. click here

is vegatable extract and berry extract okay to eat?

thanks
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Vitamins
February 19, 2011 08:36PM
yes there is meat in those vitamins
February 20, 2011 12:40AM
could u plz tell me which stuff is from meat?

also could i have other gursikhs clarify this....besides sukhdeep singh?
February 20, 2011 08:43AM
Eating food from non-Gursikhs is no different then eating meat.
I hope this answers your question.
February 20, 2011 01:26PM
im pretty sure its made only by machines...

maybe i should stop eating vegatbles now since non-gursikhs make them at farms and most non gursikhs sell vegatables too...

so what should i eat now?
should i grow my food in my garden(i do in the summer)? but nothing grows in the winter time..wat should i do now?

I mean maybe in india or califorina or mexico or brazil u can grow your own food since it is warm almost all year around... but up here in the north its pretty cold... can you(sukhdeep singh) please give me advice so that i can learn where you obtain your own vegatable that are grown by gursikhs, so i can follow in your footsteps...and then later on go for pesh?
February 20, 2011 02:35PM
Vegetables and fruits are grown by water, wind, fire, etc. Sabji and Daal according to Bibek is made by the hands of Rehatvan Gursikhs. This is the food we should be trying to eat.

Yes, It would be nice if Khalsa had their own farms. This way many dangerous chemical and pesticides wouldnt be used in the produce, but untill that time comes we have to eat something. As long as we wash vegetables and fruits carefully then there is no problem eating them. I hope this answer your question? Besides why the use of vitamin pills when God gave us so many fruits and vegetables that have good sources of vitamins?
February 20, 2011 03:34PM
the magnesium stearate may be derived from cows - there are multivitamins w/o maas in them - search for deva or schiff vegetarian multiple
February 20, 2011 08:02PM
What vitamins exactly are you trying to intake? I'm sure there are dietary adjustments you can make so that you don't need to take vitamins. I'm not sure the need for sarcasm. Gursikhs should maintain nimrata.
February 20, 2011 09:59PM
Sukhdeep Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yes there is meat in those vitamins

ਬਸ ਕਰੋ, ਬਖਸ਼ਦੋ, ਸੁਖਦੀਪ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ..
February 21, 2011 01:06PM
bhagatjot singh
ਬਸ ਕਰੋ, ਬਖਸ਼ਦੋ, ਸੁਖਦੀਪ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ..

i couldnt of said it anybetter...lol
February 21, 2011 02:45PM
If we can't drink milk, than automatically we have to depend on supplements such as taking vitamin pills for energy, mainly protein, fibre, iron, etc. If we even can't take that, then how are we to supposed to live? confused smiley

ਹੁਣ ਤਾਂ ਲੱਗਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸਰੀਰ ਨੂੰ ਕਾਇਮ ਰੱਖਣ ਵਾਲੀਆਂ ਵਸਤੂਆਂ ਤੋਂ ਬਗ਼ੈਰ ਹੀ ਭਗਤੀ ਕਰਨੀ ਪਊ। ਪਰ ਪ੍ਰਸ਼ਨ ਹੁਣ ਉੱਠਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਕਿੰਨੀ ਕੂ ਦੇਰ ਇਹ ਨਾਟਿਕ ਚਲੂਗਾ ਜੀ ?, ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਸੁੱਖਦੀਪੁ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ (ਕੈਲੀਫੋਰਨੀਆ) winking smileyeye popping smiley
February 21, 2011 05:38PM
Guru roop sat sangat jeeo.

First off I would like to say good job to the admins of this forum for giving the platform for gurmat veechar. Obviously not every gursikh shares the same views, and its great that we are able to discuss various topics, and open our minds to others views.

Saying that, It is with great sadness that I present this benti before you.

There is a certain member of this forum who constantly causes arguements, dismissing other Gursikhs views, and is not even open to the thought of veechar.

This member has made many, many controversial posts and expresses a very disturbing thought pattern.

Whether it's his thoughts on bibek, maryada, history, and even the meanings of Gurbani and the mission of Guru Sahib. There is always controversy surrounding this member.

I used to look forward to reading the posts on gurmat bibek, but now sadly I just shake my head in sadness and frustration when I see a topic by this member.

Once this member has commented on a topic by another member, I can no longer even bare the thought of coming back to that specific topic because of the shear distasteful remarks of this member.

By the admins approving the posts and comments of this member, they are alienating other gursikhs, and pushing them away from this forum.

This member has totally dismissed veechars of highly respected gurmukhs, and only promotes his own veechars on sikhi.

Of course a lot of us have different thoughts on gurmat topics, but when someone is over and over again causing controversy and twisting gurmat to his own understanding and basically causing arguments every single day, every single post then I feel this member should be banned from the forum.

This may be considered a harsh step, but not only does he start fights and arguments on this forum but on other forums as well, and on social media sites.

Members of the sangat do not want to stop visiting this website, but we are left with no other choice.

Something has to be done for the sake of the betterment of the online community, as well as our mental health. Because it's very stressful being constantly exposed to this twisted view of gurmat.

I can only do a benti at the feet of the admins to stop approving the posts by this member, I think we all know we I am talking about, and I know I'm not alone in regards to this benti as other gursikhs have expressed concern, displeasure and frustration.
February 21, 2011 06:26PM
panth khalsa singh jee..nicely said..this person is also making me frusturated
February 21, 2011 07:14PM
Vitamins are certainly not always of vegetarian composition. So, a caution is important.
February 22, 2011 04:44AM
Panth Khalsa Singh
Guru roop sat sangat jeeo.

Saying that, It is with great sadness that I present this benti before you.

There is a certain member of this forum who constantly causes arguements, dismissing other Gursikhs views, and is not even open to the thought of veechar.

This member has made many, many controversial posts and expresses a very disturbing thought pattern.

Whether it's his thoughts on bibek, maryada, history, and even the meanings of Gurbani and the mission of Guru Sahib. There is always controversy surrounding this member.

I used to look forward to reading the posts on gurmat bibek, but now sadly I just shake my head in sadness and frustration when I see a topic by this member.

Once this member has commented on a topic by another member, I can no longer even bare the thought of coming back to that specific topic because of the shear distasteful remarks of this member.

By the admins approving the posts and comments of this member, they are alienating other gursikhs, and pushing them away from this forum.

This member has totally dismissed veechars of highly respected gurmukhs, and only promotes his own veechars on sikhi.

Of course a lot of us have different thoughts on gurmat topics, but when someone is over and over again causing controversy and twisting gurmat to his own understanding and basically causing arguments every single day, every single post then I feel this member should be banned from the forum.

This may be considered a harsh step, but not only does he start fights and arguments on this forum but on other forums as well, and on social media sites.

Members of the sangat do not want to stop visiting this website, but we are left with no other choice.

Something has to be done for the sake of the betterment of the online community, as well as our mental health. Because it's very stressful being constantly exposed to this twisted view of gurmat.

I can only do a benti at the feet of the admins to stop approving the posts by this member, I think we all know we I am talking about, and I know I'm not alone in regards to this benti as other gursikhs have expressed concern, displeasure and frustration.
All the things you have mentioned above are the fruits produced by a tree called houmei/ego. The whole point of following Gurmat is to uproot this tree. But, if one IS talking gurmat out of ego and in the state of ego, then one hasn't gained the realization in the first place.

Chatrik would like to echo the post by the Panth Khalsa veer, as highlighted in bold above, are the points Chatrik is in agreement with.
On many occasion I myself have tried to indirectly written post for this user to shed their arguementative attitude. It seems to have fallen on deaf ears.
Personally Chatrik is visiting the forum lesser nowadays compared to previously as Tat Gurmat discussions have really declined . A nightmare ends when we open our eyes from sleep, but "this" just doesn't to be coming to an end.eye popping smiley some post are just an eyesore.
Twisted interpretation/controversies are DIVERTING the attention of users here from proper Gurmat/Gurbani veechars.

Am not in agreement with banning, as its too harsh . But, Chatrik assumes there is a "strict moderation" system in place in the forum for naughty users.

This may offend someone, but its about time things change here. Have personally tried to indirectly advice such people, but it didn't work. Hence, this post was very much needed.

Admins should also keep in mind, gurmatbibek.com should become such a place where ....
People who don't Jaap Naam start japping Naam after visiting the site...
People who Jaap Naam should be inspired to Jaap more Naam and Gurbani Abhiyaas...
People who keep rehit should be inspired to seriously take up Gurmat Naam Bhagti in their jivan....

Chota veer
February 22, 2011 07:05AM
Thanks for the feedback, Sangat jeeo. The Admins will try to be more vigilant in disallowing posts that contain unnecessary arguments. We request all users to cooperate and assist in maintaining the spirituality of this site.

Admin
February 22, 2011 09:22AM
Views of the Sangat are most important, always. But I feel that the remarks given above are not desired. Veer Ji whose posts are under review, has been critical but very logical and cool in discussions. He has been always dependant on Gurbani and Rehatnamas for presenting his case. Most importantly, he never got provoked by criticism. I was greatly impressed by his cool behaviour and depth of knowledge lately. He is rigid, very rigid on Gurmat issues. Time and again; he had to make it clear that he is being misunderstood. I will never like his absence here.
February 23, 2011 01:49AM
I personally dont find pleasure in posting on this issue but have to do so due to frustration

But I feel that the remarks given above are not desired.
To be honest, the reason for me echoing what Panth Khalsa Singh wrote was exactly what I have personaly observed over the past few months.

MB Singh
Veer Ji whose posts are under review, has been critical but very logical and cool in discussions. He has been always dependant on Gurbani and Rehatnamas for presenting his case.
Using Gurbani and Rehitnama doesn't justify the content presented in it. Please do note that the term, "Twisted interpretation" was used to decribe the case. Now I personally do not wish to highlight as its just not the right thing to do publicaly. The point here is, post propagating " self innovated" ideas in Sikh Theology and Rehit that were never heard of need to end. Youths visit the forum the most. Do we want to mould their mind for such views?

Chota veer
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.