ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Naam Drirh for my friend

Posted by gk 
Naam Drirh for my friend
February 10, 2011 05:48PM
One Kaur wants to get naam drirh at amrit sanchar being held this month in our area, she and her family are amritdhari, she ties keski and keeps all the rehits but somehow when discussing the amrit sanchaar maryada I came to know that she did not have naam drirh so I asked her to consider getting Naam drirh. She is very eager to get Naam drirh but her husband does not want to because in his opinion he is amritdhari and there is no need to for him to go to amrit sanchar. Is it possible for her only to get Naam drirh, I know wide opinion on this forum would be go to panj and ask them. Well that is there but I want to know the significance of having partner naam drirh because he is already amritdhari and they rarely get to do naam simran together what would be hindering in her getting naam drirh alone.
In my opinion in the end it is our actions we are responsible for after dying. If a soul wants to get Naam drirh but cannot because the partner is not willing why does the soul have to suffer the action of somebody else. (Action here means partner not willing to get naam drirh). She is very chardikala Kaur I definitely know that once the Panj place their hand on her head she will be in pure bliss. We get together to do naam simran everyday she remains in bairaag during the session. Her face is very radiant, whenever I see her, her lips are always moving, during her night shift job she japs naam.She says she is very thankful to Guruji for giving her oppurtunity to be in his sharan most of the time, she gets parkaash also.
I am willing to talk to singhs in our area before amrit sanchar about this matter but I just want to know the reason why AKJ will not do naam drirh for the person who is craving for it .
Hopefully I made my concern clear and forgive me for any mistakes I made because of my tucchh budh.
GK
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Naam Drirh for my friend
February 10, 2011 06:54PM
Normally, Naam driR or Amrit is given to both husband and wife and the reason is that as per Gurmat, Maryada and Rehit of a couple should be same. Bibi jee should get Pesh at the Darbar of Punj Pyare and beg for Naam Drir. This is the prerogative of Guru Sahib as to whether to bless her with Naam or not.

Kulbir Singh
February 10, 2011 07:00PM
She seems chardi kala already:

Her face is very radiant, whenever I see her, her lips are always moving, during her night shift job she japs naam.She says she is very thankful to Guruji for giving her oppurtunity to be in his sharan most of the time, she gets parkaash also.

What is the point of getting naam then if she already has soo much abhiaas?
February 10, 2011 07:25PM

First she wants to do swaas graas simran which she is having difficulty because after sometime she goes to bakhari jaap. Another is after hearing about few sakkhis and reading rangley sajjan book she is having a aas that maybe when Panj place their hand on her head she will have darshan of Guruji. Day and night she only has one goal to see guruji, she does not talk of anything else. Everything is maya according to her and she does not worry much about her worldly responsibilites. She just comes to darbar sahib and do ardaas to Guruji to take care of her worldly reponsibilites as he wishes appropriate.
She is very chardi kala and I feel the vibrations from her and they make me also long for darshan of Guruji.
February 10, 2011 09:46PM
gsingh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> What is the point of getting naam then if she
> already has soo much abhiaas?

Any person whether Gursikh or Mona can recite Gurmantar ( WaaheGuru) constantly and they will get massive benefits, but exactly how does one do Naam Abhyiaas without Naam?
February 11, 2011 12:30AM
Opinion: one needs to pesh with spouse if they have done bhull however if there has not been any dhill by husband or wife, then I am sure Punj will understand and teach naam drirh.
February 11, 2011 09:09AM

Any person whether Gursikh or Mona can recite Gurmantar ( WaaheGuru) constantly and they will get massive benefits, but exactly how does one do Naam Abhyiaas without Naam?

Only a Gursikh may chant Naam and derive benefit from it. A mona or a non-Gursikh cannot derive any benefit from Naam Abhyaas as per the following Gurbani Pankiti:

ਮਨਮੁਖ ਭਗਤਿ ਕਰਹਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਵਿਣੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਭਗਤਿ ਨ ਹੋਈ ਰਾਮ ॥
(Manmukh i.e. non-devotee does Bhagti without Satguru but without Satguru, Bhagti cannot be done).

ਰਾਮ ਰਾਮ ਸਭੁ ਕੋ ਕਹੈ ਕਹਿਐ ਰਾਮੁ ਨ ਹੋਇ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਰਾਮੁ ਮਨਿ ਵਸੈ ਤਾ ਫਲੁ ਪਾਵੈ ਕੋਇ ॥1॥
(Everyone says Raam Raam but by just saying, Raam does not reside within. Only through Guru's Kirpa, Raam resides in the mind and only then one gets some benefit or Phal).

Guru Sahib's Bhagti i.e. Naam Abhyaas can only be done through Satguru i.e. by getting initiated by Satguru i.e. by becoming a Sikh of Satguru.

What's beneficial for a non-devotee is Gurbani Paath. Gurbani preps up a person for Naam Abhyaas and leads one to Satguru for initiation. For non-Amritdharis, Gurmat Naam Abhyaas does not bring the required spiritual benefits. Even if there do seem to be some benefit, as a result of Kamaaee from past lives, it is short lived and temporary in nature.

Kulbir Singh
February 11, 2011 09:24AM
What I meant to say is both monay, and Gursikhs without naam will get benefits by doing simran of Gurmantar, but one cannot do Naam Abhyiaas without Naam.

If a Mona gets up for Amrit vela does simran of Gurmantar then eventually he or she will be given the gift of Amrit. This is the great benefit a mona gets from doing simran of GUrmantar. Also, If he dies and recites Gurmantar he will escape hell. Only a person who has a habit of reciting Gurmantar will resort to Gurmantar after death.

If a Gusikh gets up for Amrit vela does simran of Gurmantar then the thirst for Naam will increase and eventually he will be given the gift of Amrit. This is the benefit of Gurmantar for a Gursikh without naam drir.

WaaheGurooo - Gurmantar is for everyone to take benefit from. A persons destiny changes by repeating GurMantar, but if a person wants a true successful spritual life then they must receive Gurmantar frorm Guru Sahib.
February 11, 2011 09:44AM
Singh jee,
ਰਾਮ ਰਾਮ ਸਭੁ ਕੋ ਕਹੈ ਕਹਿਐ ਰਾਮੁ ਨ ਹੋਇ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਰਾਮੁ ਮਨਿ ਵਸੈ ਤਾ ਫਲੁ ਪਾਵੈ ਕੋਇ ॥1॥

Reading the whole shabad SatGuroo clearly says mere Naam ਜਪਨਾ through mouth cannot make us reach anywhere(for everyone). Naam ਧੀਆਵਨਾ is true meditation. This proves it:

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਸਫਲ ਹੈ ਜੇ ਕੋ ਕਰੇ ਚਿਤੁ ਲਾਇ

Everyone can do Japna....ਧੀਆਵਨਾ is purely HIS keerpa. The word ਸੇਵਾ refers to naam ropee seva, which the mind does. Not the physical one which many assume for this hukam.

Chota veer
February 11, 2011 10:17AM
Sukhdeep Singh jeeo,

If a Mona gets up for Amrit vela does simran of Gurmantar then eventually he or she will be given the gift of Amrit. This is the great benefit a mona gets from doing simran of GUrmantar. Also, If he dies and recites Gurmantar he will escape hell. Only a person who has a habit of reciting Gurmantar will resort to Gurmantar after death.

Could you please provide some Gurbani backup for the above stated claim that a Monna person can benefit from Simran of Gurmantr.

You have made a very tall claim that a Nigura (a person who does not have Guru) will get saved from hell, if he recites Gurmantr. There are isolated examples, where due to previous life's Kamaaee some people may have been saved from hell but a Monna person who has not adopted Guru, cannot be saved due to his Gurmantr recitation.

Kulbir Singh
February 11, 2011 10:22AM

gsingh jio, it could be some previous Kamaai i.e. Naam-Baani Kamaai from previous Janams, sprouting up now, giving her the thirst to receive Naam, to meet Vaheguroo. Or else, there is no chance for mortals like us to suddenly become so detached from maya, and become focused on Vaheguroo.
To say, what is the need for Naam is downright ruthless, such remarks only creates confusion within the minds of those yet new to Sikhi, or learning about Gursikhi.
Its things like these that make people wonder "what's the need to take Amrit, if you can do Paatth all day and still reach avastha of some kind"
Of course, without Amrit and Naam, no way can a Praani get even a glimpse of Vaheguroo ji's Charan.

So refrain from saying such arrogant things.
February 11, 2011 10:23AM
Agreed 100% with you Bhai Kulbir Singh ji
February 11, 2011 10:28AM
Only one who becomes a sikh of guru sahib can reap true benefits of naam simran leading to waheguru. However if non sikhs can get some benefits and have experiences all be it of a lower stage doing jaap of kirtam naam then why can't a mona have or attain some sort of peace of mind or whatever from kirtam naam or gurmantar?
Even buddists experience bliss and peace of mind (although much lower then gurmat anand) and they only concentrate on the breath!
February 11, 2011 10:38AM
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sukhdeep Singh jeeo,
>
>
> If a Mona gets up for Amrit vela does simran of
> Gurmantar then eventually he or she will be given
> the gift of Amrit. This is the great benefit a
> mona gets from doing simran of GUrmantar. Also, If
> he dies and recites Gurmantar he will escape hell.
> Only a person who has a habit of reciting
> Gurmantar will resort to Gurmantar after death.
>
>
> Could you please provide some Gurbani backup for
> the above stated claim that a Monna person can
> benefit from Simran of Gurmantr.
>
> You have made a very tall claim that a Nigura (a
> person who does not have Guru) will get saved from
> hell, if he recites Gurmantr. There are isolated
> examples, where due to previous life's Kamaaee
> some people may have been saved from hell but a
> Monna person who has not adopted Guru, cannot be
> saved due to his Gurmantr recitation.
>
> Kulbir Singh

If a prostitute can be saved from listening to Gods name from a parrot
ਸੂਆ ਪੜਾਵਤ ਗਨਿਕਾ ਤਰੀ ॥

then why cant a Mona be saved by listening to Gods name? By being saved im not referring to going to Sach Khand, I am referring to taking laha, making spiritual improvements in ones life.

About my tall claim I made such a claim on personal experience. I cannot narrate such experiences online, but I can say with full confidence any person who recites Gurmantar will be saved from darkness/hell. This is the complete truth as I have experienced it myself as a child. The load of darkness will become lesser and lesser by saying God God help me Im scared, but when a person recites WaaheGuru WaaheGuru then the darkness will completely disappear and the load has no weight. The names God, Allah, Raam, etc are all great when one calls him through these names, but no name equals to WaaheGuru.

Im not claiming one can and should live their life without Amrit and receving Gurmantar from Guru Sahib. Im simply claiming anybody who recite Gurmantar will be blessed. THis is not to say reciting Gurmantar as an AmritDhari is equal to reciting Gurmantar as a mona,kesdhari etc.
February 11, 2011 11:04AM

If a prostitute can be saved from listening to Gods name from a parrot
ਸੂਆ ਪੜਾਵਤ ਗਨਿਕਾ ਤਰੀ ॥

I already mentioned that you can't take examples of few people who had Kamaaee from past Karma. As for the prostitute, she was saved because of Siri Guru jee:

ਸੋਦਾਮਾ ਅਪਦਾ ਤੇ ਰਾਖਿਆ ਗਨਿਕਾ ਪੜ੍ਹਤ ਪੂਰੇ ਤਿਹ ਕਾਜ ॥

The above Pankiti makes it clear that it was Satguru jee who helped Sudaama and saved Ganika the prostitute.

Regarding your personal experiences, I already mentioned that sometimes, before Amrit Chhak, one can have spiritual experiences by chanting Gurmantr but this does not mean that such person is making any spiritual progress or that he would be saved without Amrit Chhak. Gurbani is clear that without first giving your head to Satguru, you cannot obtain Naam and unless Naam is taken from Guru Sahib, it cannot be beneficial.

Guru Sahib knows better.

Kulbir Singh
February 11, 2011 11:21AM
Bhai Sahib I have never once stated that one can get naam without SatGuru Ji. I simply made the statement that one can get benefits by doing WaaheGuru Simran or simran of any of Gods name. As previously mentioned being saved does not necessarily mean getting mukhti. It means being saved from darkness/hell. Even if a person who has spent most of their life in wordly pursuits can get saved if they think about Gods name as Ajamaal is a prime example. He was saved by reciting his sons name ( Naryan). This is the greatness of Gods name that just by reciting it one escapes hell
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.