ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bibek and Sarbloh Bibek

Posted by gupt singhni 
Bibek and Sarbloh Bibek
February 02, 2011 05:41PM
Gurfatehhh jio,

I made my first sarbloh meal; I cooked something simple like pasta! I cleaned everything the bata and the ingredients.
I ate the pasta straight away, but towards the end it tasted very tangy, not the normal taste I’m used too! Is this normal?
also I felt like after I was about to be sick!

I don’t know what to do; I’m a little scared now eating from sarbloh again due to me feeling sick the first time.
Also I am anaemic too, would affect me in anyway, n should I go to the doctor and tell them my dieting is changing?

gupt singhni
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Bibek and Sarbloh Bibek
February 02, 2011 06:17PM
vjkk vjkf,

congrates on making your first sarbloh meal smiling smiley, when i made my first sarbloh meal i got sick for a week and a half, maybe it's something that happens when your body is adjusting to the iron intake?

Pardon any mistakes

Binodh Singh
February 02, 2011 06:20PM
Is Pasta bibek food? What is that?
February 02, 2011 06:55PM
It probably tasted "tangy" because of the rust. Sarbloh bhanday rust quickly, especially when you keep it in Sarbloh for a long time. The taste changes too.
I don't really remember the first time I ate in Sarbloh, since it was so long ago! I agree with Binodh.Singh though, it might just be you body adjusting to it.

Vaaheguru Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaaheguru Jee Kee Fatehh!
February 02, 2011 06:56PM
Congrats on your first meal in Sarbloh. Though you did clean the Baata you ate in but also do good Sudhaaee of the utensil you are cooking in. There shouldn't be any dark rusty material on the inside of the utensil.

If you are anaemic, then eating in Sarbloh will help you immensely. Sarbloh provides dietary iron which is badly needed by vegetarians.

Kulbir Singh
February 02, 2011 07:20PM
Waheguroooo ,

Yes I did clean the bata I ate from and the spoon too, I even ate it straight away. I’m just a bit scared to have anything from sarbloh, my stomach was pretty bad sad smiley

I spoke to couple of people about it, one singh said that the sauce reacts with the sarbloh.. is this true??

I really want to get used to it sad smiley

Also a singh told me that you clean the bata with sand, can some explain how I do this, and what is the best way to keep the baate clean and rust free.

gupt singhni
February 02, 2011 07:55PM
Use Citric Acid
Mixed with Regular Detergent
For Best Results
Especially if you're living in the west. The sand thing works very well, but for large scale langars etc.
February 02, 2011 08:13PM
wahegurujikakhalsawahegurujikifateh!

i don't keep bibek but out of those times i have eaten in sarbloh, the only times i felt sick was if the baataa was not properly clean or had been allowed to sit outside for too long.

the bata should be completely clean and have no red or black stains on it.

vs.

wahegurujiakkhalsawahegurujikifateh!
February 02, 2011 08:29PM
Any liquid, even solid, foods will react with sarbloh, producing rust. This isn't healthy to consume. That's why you should eat from a clean bata. Just don't wait too long to eat it, and don't take too long to eat. That's when it starts to rust, and the food may taste off. Other than that, it just takes a few days to get used to it, because you'll notice that everything tastes different when eaten from a sarbloh bata, rather than other utensils.

Vaaheguru Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaaheguru Jee Kee Fatehh!
February 03, 2011 01:41PM
If you're finding it different or finding the iron "stomach upsetting" then you can try avoiding making anything acidic for the first few weeks. Acidic ingredients react to sarbloh and since you're not used to it, it's the acidity reacting to iron that's causing you your problem.

Also, pasta unless made from dough yourself, is not classified as "bibeki" amongst Sarbloh Bibekis. Making pasta yourself isn't as hard as it sounds. It can easily be made at home using Fine Semolina and warm water.

Sarbloh is the best! smiling smiley
February 03, 2011 02:58PM
Are you taking anything for your anaemia such as iron supplements? You may wish to talk about this with your doctor as maybe taking the supplements AND cooking in iron would not be so good. Checking with doc is best. many congrats on starting this rehat, please carry on with following it!! (even though i dont myself)
February 05, 2011 08:19AM
Waheguroooo...

Yes i was taking iron supplements, but not anymore!
Where is the best place to store the baate to avoid it getting rusty?
What foods would you suggests I make till my stomach gets used to the change? I tried making something again and the same happened again
sad smiley
I will tell the doctor soon as I get a chance, don’t want to drift away from sarbloh now, my set to do it. Its a slow progress, just taking baby steps and get used to the whole life style then just going in the deep end.

gupt singhni
February 05, 2011 08:20AM
my minds* set
February 06, 2011 08:09AM
gupt singhni
What foods would you suggests I make till my stomach gets used to the change?

Try making daal or sabhji with parshada.
February 06, 2011 10:57PM
Vaaheguroojeekaakhalsa Vaaheguroojeekeefateh!

Make sure you clean it extra extra if you got sick the second time as well bhenjee..I once ate out of a bata that i thought was clean but I ended up tasting the rustish sarbloh for the rest of the day
February 07, 2011 10:27AM
I agree with Amrivela jees post on just making daal and parshaadaa. Personally think if one is to eat out of a bata and is keeping sarbloh bibek, they should eat simple rather than making all these delicacies that people tend to crave. Not saying its wrong to eat all those if you like making them... but our munn should crave naam/darshan/charan dhorr and how do we expect to only crave that when we're thinking about those delicious cupcakes,etc ..obv. nothing can taste as sweet after getting blessed with mitta mitta khande de pahul :-). Rather stick to simple daal parshaada when possible.....

Mithiaa Rasanaa Bhojaan Aan Savaadh =)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login