ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

india shopping

Posted by Uttam Singh 
india shopping
January 31, 2011 02:28PM
A friend is going to india and has offered to get me a few things. Can sangat please suggest the best places to buy Sarbloh Kare, kirpana and also to get bana made.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: india shopping
January 31, 2011 04:24PM
Also anything else not available elsewhere, such as books, pothia, gutke, other items etc.
January 31, 2011 09:41PM
Vaaheguroojeekaakhalsaavaaheguroojeekeefatehh

1) You can get Taksali Kirpans and Sarbloh Karey from the Taksali Shop just outside Darbar Sahib Complex. You can also get Custom made Kirpans from Bhai Inderjeet Singh Jee Kirpana Waley in Amritsar.

2) I get my Choley made from this Singh in Zirakpur, Punjab. He is the best in the business. If you cant come down to Zirakpur then I think therez one more tailor in Amritsar Sahib called Gulati.

3) You can get Bhai Sahib's Books from this Stall which in always there at Samagams.

I hope this helped..!! =)

VaaheguroojeekaakhalsaaVaaheguroojeekeefatehh
February 01, 2011 06:40AM
"WAHEGURU JIKA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATHE" bhai sahib ji u can get nitnem gutke amrit kirtan and others related litratures with sikhi from KHALSA BROTHERS 100 FUTI ROAD AT SHRI AMRITSAR SAHIB JI DASS
February 01, 2011 09:10AM
Daasandaas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you cant come down to Zirakpur then I think
> therez one more tailor in Amritsar Sahib called
> Gulati.

I would suggest that you find another tailor, like in Damdama Sahib, or somewhere else. Don't go to Gulati. They waste so much kaprah, and charge you so much. The amount of kaprah Gulati uses to make one chola, is the same as getting someone else to make you two cholay from the same amount of kaprah. Just saying, rest is up to you! smiling smiley

Vaaheguru Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaaheguru Jee Kee Fatehh!
February 01, 2011 08:00PM
go behind metha and there is a tailor called Sooraj.
He's actually best in the business for making chola, he might charge u more b/c ur an outsider but if you got connections then you can get a chola made for a cheaper price. All the taksali get their chola made from here...
February 01, 2011 11:24PM
go behind metha and there is a tailor called Sooraj.

BEST CHOLAI FROM HERE

tongue sticking out smiley
February 02, 2011 05:30AM
I agree with kaurs4 jee. Gulati quality has really gone down in last few years, I personally have not been to them, but many local Singhs have complained about buttons sewed on teDe, pockets uneven, different length sleeves, low quality stitching etc etc

Try and find a local tailor who is not that famous, but has experience making cholas, if you go to some Nihung Gurdwara Sahibs they often have an in-house tailor who makes great cholae and kachere
February 02, 2011 10:55AM
Thanks for the replies everyone, actually I think I am ok for cholay, a local tailor makes some really good ones.

Does anyone have any suggestions of books to buy?
February 04, 2011 03:32PM
Daasandaas Wrote:
> Vaaheguroojeekaakhalsaavaaheguroojeekeefatehh
>
> 1) You can get Taksali Kirpans and Sarbloh Karey
> from the Taksali Shop just outside Darbar Sahib
> Complex. You can also get Custom made Kirpans from
> Bhai Inderjeet Singh Jee Kirpana Waley in
> Amritsar.

Daasandaas Ji,

Do you have an address for Bhai Inderjeet Singh Jee Kirpana Waley (or directions on how to find him)?

Thanks
February 04, 2011 04:04PM
SinghFrmBham
Daasandaas Ji,

Do you have an address for Bhai Inderjeet Singh Jee Kirpana Waley (or directions on how to find him)?

Thanks

Ajit Nagar, Amritsar Sahib
Kothi No 1. (On the right of the Pokorai vali dhukaan)
February 04, 2011 06:36PM

Thanks for the replies everyone, actually I think I am ok for cholay, a local tailor makes some really good ones.

Uttam Singh jeeo, who is your local tailor who makes Cholay? Can you provide address or contact number?

Kulbir Singh
February 05, 2011 05:04AM
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
> > Thanks for the replies everyone, actually I
> think I am ok for cholay, a local tailor makes
> some really good ones.
>
>
> Uttam Singh jeeo, who is your local tailor who
> makes Cholay? Can you provide address or contact
> number?
>
> Kulbir Singh

The tailor's name is Chaman Lal, I don't have his personal telephone number however he can be contacted through the shop opposite called 'Ahuja Sons' who's number is 00 91 175 2201448, ask for 'Sonu' and then you can ask him if you can speak to Chaman Lal. The shop Ahuja's address is 83,84 Shere-e Punjab Market, Patiala.
February 05, 2011 09:19AM
Vaheguroooooo ...

I think I know who you are on about, iv just spent 2 months in india in the summer, and I got all my banna made from Chaman Lal,I think he is a elder singh ? - am i right in thinking that?

The guy that owns the store it’s very small that’s sonu I think, and its near a paagri shop! Its says Sonu on top of the shop! Its hard to find it at first due it being on a side street rather then the main end of the shopping area. If it is the same one I’m thinking of, then they are great, prices are very good and very good finish to the baana and in good time too grinning smiley

gupt singhni
February 05, 2011 11:56AM
I cant remember what the sign said... however chaman lal is bald not a sardar, but yes he is older. its not exactly the main part of the market though and there are pagri shops there.

I asked someone else and they said the sign says ahuja bros not sonu. but mind u this was last year so its possible that its the same.

I did find the chaman lal i went to very good in every way.
February 11, 2011 05:48AM
Bhai Inderjit Singh Kirpana valay has moved location and is no longer at Kothi #1, Ajit Nagar.

Bhai Inderjit Singh Jee can now be found at the backside of B Division Police station, Sultanwind Gate, Siri Amritsar.

Bhai Sahib's contact number is: +9646263821

Jatinderpal Singh
February 11, 2011 06:43AM
Thank you Bhai Jatinderpal Singh ji for the correction.
February 11, 2011 06:44AM
For cholay, i have found the following to be the best in the business, so far ( of all the ones I have tried):

Bhai Surjeet Singh
He stayed in a pind/village near Takhat Sri Damdama Sahib. He is a Gatka Ustaad also.
# 09417348672
October 14, 2011 03:21AM
Where can one get proper Lareevaar Senchia? (in 2 volumes ) and also gutkas?

Chota veer
October 14, 2011 05:06AM
Pyare Chatrik jeo,

You can get larivaar senchiyan at Bhai Chattar Singh Jivan Singh Book Shop, behind Akal Takht Sahib. They are one of the oldest book sellers in Amritsar. They also have Larivaar sundar gutka.
For Sarbloh batey and bhandey in Amritsar go to Bhai Sukha Singh Kirpana waley in Amritsar. Their address is: Shop No. 168-169 Chowk Ghanta Ghar New Market, Amritsar. It is in the main market opposite to the main gate of Golden Temple.

Dass
Harleen Singh
October 14, 2011 05:24AM
There is a Taksaal Shop on the first floor on the periphery of Sri Darbar Sahib, Amritsar. It is close to the Sri Guru Arjan Dev Nivas entrance. You shall be able to get Lareevaar Senchia there.
October 14, 2011 07:20AM
Where can one get proper Lareevaar Senchia? (in 2 volumes ) and also gutkas?

As long as you are visiting Sri Amritsar I would recommend the Larridaar Senchieea printed by SGPC ask anyone their office. If you could not find one from them then CSJS one's are fine too.

With Regards,
Daas
October 14, 2011 08:33AM
Yes, the SGPC ones are most Shudh.

Kulbir Singh
October 27, 2011 07:00AM
Daasandaas Wrote:
> Vaaheguroojeekaakhalsaavaaheguroojeekeefatehh
>
> 1) You can get Taksali Kirpans and Sarbloh Karey
> from the Taksali Shop just outside Darbar Sahib
> Complex. You can also get Custom made Kirpans from
> Bhai Inderjeet Singh Jee Kirpana Waley in
> Amritsar.
>
> 2) I get my Choley made from this Singh in
> Zirakpur, Punjab. He is the best in the business.
> If you cant come down to Zirakpur then I think
> therez one more tailor in Amritsar Sahib called
> Gulati.
>
> 3) You can get Bhai Sahib's Books from this Stall
> which in always there at Samagams.
>
> I hope this helped..!! =)
>
> VaaheguroojeekaakhalsaaVaaheguroojeekeefatehh

bhai sahib ji can i get contact no. or adress of tailor in Zirkpur
October 28, 2011 06:10AM
Bhai Kulwant Singh
Village Pabhat (near Zirakpur)
Contact No. +91-9855933989
November 15, 2011 09:55AM
how about proper senchia of Sri Dasam Granth ?(taking the shudh factor into consideration)

Chota veer
November 15, 2011 10:27AM

how about proper senchia of Sri Dasam Granth ?(taking the shudh factor into consideration)

Veer jee, there is so much difference in spelling among different senchis/ gutkas that it has got me crazy many times to get the shudh paath.
I have the senchian of Narian Singh Jee and I feel they are the most shudh.
The panth needs to sit down and get one shudh format of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login