ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Santhiya - Kuchaji, Suchaji and Gunvanti

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
Khalsa jeeo,

By Guru Sahib's Kirpa, Saral Santhiya for Short Baanis - Kuchaji, Suchaji and Gunvanti has been completed and posted on the following link:

[www.gurmatbibek.com]

Even though these are listed as 3 Baanis but still they are one unit for the following reasons:

1. All three Baanis share a common Mangal, which points towards these Baanis being one Unit.
2. Each of these Baanis have only one Pauri each but at the end of Gunvanti (the last Baani) the count says "3" which means that it is considered as part of one big unit. At the end of second Baani - Suchaji - the count is 2.

Kuchaji means such woman who is sloppy, careless and clumsy. In Gurmat, Kuchaji is such Jeev-Istree (mortal being) who is not adept in following Gurmat i.e. one who is not a Bhagat is Kuchaji.

Suchaji means the opposite of Kuchaji i.e. such woman who is adept in doing her duties. In Gurmat, Suchaji is such Jeev-Istree who follows Gurmat (Guru's Hukams) very diligently i.e. one who is a Bhagat.

Gunvanti means such woman who is full of Gurmat virtues.

Kuchaji and Suchaji are written by Siri Guru Nanak Dev jee whereas Gunvanti has been authored by Siri Guru Arjun Dev jee. The language of all three Baanis is Lehindi i.e. the language spoken in Jhang area of Pakistan Punjab. This language is very sweet and these people are in habit of saying very heart-piercing statements. This is why Baani written in Lehindi Boli strikes the heart very hard. Gurbani contains a treasure related to Saloks and Baani in Lehindi Punjabi Boli.

These Baanis are quite short in length and have only one Pauri each. It hardly takes a minute to do all 3 Baanis; therefore, it's a great idea to include these Baanis in your Nitnem. As is the case with all Gurbani, these three Baanis contain great ideals of Gurmat and these Baanis are sweeter than honey.

Please do point out any mistakes and omissions in the Santhiya file.

Gurbani is Agam Agaadh Bodh.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Vaaheguru ji!

Bhai Sahib jio, I have no words for this seva Guru Sahib is blessing you with. I have just had the blessing of reading these three Baanis for the first time. Just wonderful!

These three Baanis along with Basant Ki Vaar and Raamkali Ki Vaar are sure to be added to Nitnem Baanis, thanks to exposure and santhiya seva from this site.

Dhan Guru! Dhan Guru Piaaray!
I think you forgot the coma after soohee in suchaji and gunvanti

I think you forgot the coma after soohee in suchaji and gunvanti

Technically there should be a small Jamkee after Soohi in Suchaji and Gunvanti headings but Daas deliberately left it out since it would have left too many Bishraams there in such a small Pankiti/heading.

In Kuchaji a coma was placed after "Soohi" because of presence of "Raag" before Soohi - Raag Soohi, Mahalla Pehla, Kuchaji||

Kulbir Singh
ਤੈ ਸਹ ਨਾਲਹੁ ਮੁਤੀਅਸੁ, ਦੁਖਾ ਕੂੰ ਧਰੀਆਸੁ ਜੀਉ ||

Bhai Sahib jeeo, why isn't ਦੁਖਾ pronounced as ਦੁਖਾਂ with bindi?

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login