ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

questions for Rehitvaan Sarablohi Gurmukh piyaare

Posted by Mehtab Singh 
so that would also mean that when degh is given to non sarbloh bibeki sangat, the degh/langar also become joothey once it goes from the hands of the degh/langar giver to the hands of the non sarbloh bibeki person consuming the degh/langar hence the non sarbloh bibeki receiver is actually eating jooth?? ya that's what it sounds like to me.

lol yeh i question a lot because i don't see any sense in following something i don't understand fully and i don't see anything wrong in it either.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Vaheguroo jee ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo jee kee Fateh!

this is how daas see's the sucham aspect.

what is real sucham?

ਸੂਚੇ ਏਹਿ ਨ ਆਖੀਅਹਿ ਬਹਨਿ ਜਿ ਪਿੰਡਾ ਧੋਇ ॥ ਸੂਚੇ ਸੇਈ ਨਾਨਕਾ ਜਿਨ ਮਨਿ ਵਸਿਆ ਸੋਇ ॥੨॥

who are the ones who can keep this real sucham (who is ਸੇਈ)?

ਗੁਰਸਿਖਾ ਮਨਿ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਹੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮ ਹਰਿ ਤੇਰੀ ਰਾਮ ਰਾਜੇ ॥

Then, who is a Gursikh..?

ਰਹਿਤ ਬਿਨਾਂ ਨਹਿ ਸਿਖ ਕਹਾਵੈ ॥ ਰਹਿਤ ਬਿਨਾਂ ਦਰ ਚੋਟਾਂ ਖਾਵੈ ॥.......Vahegurooo.

I guess it's up to you if you want to believe that Sarbloh Bibek is Satguroo Jee's Rehit.
Leafy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so that would also mean that when degh is given to
> non sarbloh bibeki sangat, the degh/langar also
> become joothey once it goes from the hands of the
> degh/langar giver to the hands of the non sarbloh
> bibeki person consuming the degh/langar hence the
> non sarbloh bibeki receiver is actually eating
> jooth?? ya that's what it sounds like to me.

The degh or langar does become "jootha" but by the person's own jhoot at this point - and the non-bibeki person still gets to consume a precious gift from Guru Sahib. There is amrit in that degh or langar, because it has been prepared with naam, in shining, vibrating sarbloh, by rehitvan GurSikhs, who are Guru Sahib's own saroop.
Just a note for Bhai Mehtab Singh Jee.

Daas is no where close to required qualification to answer on this topic, however, Bhai Kulbir Singh Jee quote inspired me to contribute and daas presented a tush thought.

With Regards,
Daas
Anonymous User
Re: questions for Rehitvaan Sarablohi Gurmukh piyaare
January 07, 2011 09:56AM
Also ji another question for the Gurmukh Singhs, what do you prepare for lunch if you are taking it to work and where do you store it and when do you eat it?
1kaur
the vast majority of sarblohi gursikhs i have met (in the west and india) will humbly and happily accept food from the hands of any amritdhari gursikh.

Bhainji, your statement is interesting. From my experiance with Sarblohi Singhs in India, they are the most strictest when it comes to taking food or allowing others to cook in langar. Whether it be the Sarblohi Singhs of Delhi, Sri Amritsar, Gurdaspur, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Patiala etc, they all only accept food from tyar bar tyar Singhs who adhere to the rehit of Sarbloh bibek strictly. Some of these Singhs known to us are; Singhs at Ranglay Sajjan Trust (Sri Amritsar), the Maliya wala jatha, Sarblohi Singhs associated with Bhai Mohinder Singh ji of Kala sanghiya, Sarblohi Singhs associated with Bhai Bakshish Singh ji (Phagwara), Giani Harbhajan Singh ji of Anandpur Sahib and so many more which make the majority of Sarblohi Singh's in India who are also given seva and organising of Sarbloh Langar accross Smagams in Punjab or local towns.

Infact, it is a fact that the vast majority of Sarblohi Singhs in India don't eat from people who aren't known to them as is the same outside of India also. The vast majority of Sarblohi Singhs in India do not happily accept food from any amritdhari gursikh unless that gursikh fulfills their rehit requirements. You may have come across some who may have accepted food from any amritdhari gursikh but it is a well known fact amongst Singhs that Sarbloh Bibeki Singhs in India have a strict pehra and don't accept food from just anyone to be humble.

I just felt this needed to be clarified to the sangat reading this thread.

Any gursikh who feels comfortable with taking food from a fellow gursikh is perfectly fine also but it does not form the majority as you stated.
vaah pyaraio look where we have come

if a gurmukh singh with naam abhiaas does not keep sarbloh bibek, he defiles your utensils and food.
Daas has been called a brahmin for following the Taksal Maryada, but i think this is the biggest bahmanvaad there is.

What is the point of all this. its not about the rehat anymore. theres no pyaar. its just i'm better than you, because i keep sarbloh.

kithai gia gursikha vich pyaar? how do you think a new gursikh that is just coming onto the path will feel if you had to wash your utensils just because he touched your bhandai.

this is not about rehat anymore.

jin prem keeo tin he prabh paaio
I used to question sucham a lot when I just started keeping bibek. My stance was that sucham isn't about purity but about cleanliness, so if someone was to touch my food, I wouldn't mind as long as their hands were "clean". I then started to question myself on what the reason is for only eating food made by Sarblohi Gursikhs. If we don't care about Sucham, then why would we have only Sarblohis making our food?
The reason for keeping bibek is to not consume impure food so that naam can flourish inside. By having Tyar bar Tyar gursikhs prepare our food, we are expecting them to make the food pavitar with gurmantar and gurbani abhiyaas. Bhai Randhir Singh has written that if someone is keep full rehit then the amrit that they were blessed with in the amrit sanchar is transfered to the food they make. So if someone who doesnt have amrit flowing inside of them touches the food. It becomes impure.
This is not a physical sensation and cannot be understood through western thinking. Sucham and jooth are spiritual occurrences that effect the purity of food, bhanday, kapre. ect. If someone is not tyar bar tyar, then they cannot be suchay, and anything they touch becomes jootha. Only Pavitar, Naam Rasiyaye, Tyar Bar Tyar Khalsa Bibeki Gursikh Jan have the knowledge of how to keep sucham, and food prepared by these gurmukhs following full sucham and observing strict Sarbloh pehra is amrit bhojan. Just by partaking in this amrit bhojan you become dhan. Dhan Guru, Dhan Gursikhi!
gsingh jeeo,

what are your comments about this:

I remember a biography of Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale written by a journalist who wrote an incident where Samundar (hot milk) was being served in langar. Sant jee was sitting next to the writer in langar. When the Sewadaar brought the jug of milk to serve the writer, the writer accidently touched the jug while gesturing to say no. Sant jee upon noticing that the writer had touched the jug from outside, refused to accept this milk. This was in accordance to the Bibek principle of not allowing non-Amritdharis to touch utensils even from outside.

Sant jee did not have Prem? The journalist (Dalbir Singh) has written that he was quite offended when Sant jee refused to drink milk after he touched the jug from outside.

What is the point of all this. its not about the rehat anymore. theres no pyaar. its just i'm better than you, because i keep sarbloh.

These are serious allegations. Gursikhs who keep this Rehit do so out of love for Guru Sahib. To accuse them of doing so out of ego, is doing Ninda.

Kulbir Singh
why do you tell a sakhi about sant jarnail singh jee to support sarbloh bibek as the "only" true rehet, when he himself did not keep it?

the confusion i have is that you guys seem to be saying that if someone does not keep sarbloh in the same way you do, that they are not gursikhs. but what about all the gursikhs in the world who do tons of naam simran, tons of seva, tons of paath, AND have humility, and don't follow the same rehet you do? are they somehow "less" than you? because that's how it's coming across. they have "negative" vibrations because they eat from a different material? that seems bizarre to me. doesn't kamaee come from naam? but you guys are saying naam isn't enough? it's very confusing. guru sahib says naam is the ONLY thing that can cleanse us. but you guys say even naam isn't enough to cleanse people, you have to combine it with sarbloh.

i'm not agaisn
There is a Sakhi which I heard from Giani Thakur Singh Ji.

He said that there used to be a young Sikh at the times of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Mahaaraaj. He was from a rich family. Giani Ji further says that Guru Ji used to drink out of an Sarbloh Bata and this young Sikh wanted to do Seva of Sri Guru Ji (Giani Ji really said Sarbloh Bata).

So Sache Paatshaah said to him bring me water in this Bata. When he came back with that water Sri Guru Ji saw that this Sikh had beautiful and soft hands. On seeing this Sri Guru Ji asked him why he had such beautiful hands. His reply was: In our household we have alot of servants that do my work. I don't have to do anything with my hands.

On hearing this Sri Guru Ji refused to drink water fom his hands and said I will not drink water from the hands of a person that has never done seva instead has let done his seva be done by other people.

Unfortunately I don't remember which Katha it was, maybe it was Katha(Veechar) on Sri Dakhnni Oankar or some other Bani. Can't recall sorry. But that I remember, that the Saakhi was so.

Now what shall we say to this? Was Guru Ji arrogant????? No. There we get to learn how the spiritual Jeevan of a person has an effect on the food or anything, by even touching it.

But I think the ones, that still don't want to accept or can't, is their wish.

I think we should stop this topic now because, jinna ne samajhnaa si samajh gae, jerhe nahi, oh naa sahi, but please benti to the Sarblohis to answer the remaining questions of Bhai Mehtab Singh Ji so that the ones that want to adopt the Sikhi lifestyle especially regarding Sarbloh Rehat in non-Sikh families to learn how to tackle this world.
1kaur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> why do you tell a sakhi about sant jarnail singh
> jee to support sarbloh bibek as the "only" true
> rehet, when he himself did not keep it?
>

I don't think Kulbir Singh Jee told a Saakhi about "Sarbloh Bibek", but just Bibek. There are two types of Bibekis from what I have seen. One type of Bibeki is those who just keeps the Suchamtaa rehit, but are not so much into Sarbloh, this Rehit was commonly followed about a hundred years ago by Sikhs but today it is mainly followed by Sampradayak Sants. Then there are Sarbloh Bibekis also commonly known as Sarblohis who combine Sarbloh with Suchamtaa, this is mainly followed by AKJ and Nihangs based Sikhs, and even in these two groups Sarblohis are the minority now.
1kaur Bhenjee, it comes down to how much someone values a rehit. For some people, sarbloh rehit is just as important as Kakkars, Daswand, Amritvela etc. So, for someone to not keep sarbloh, is the same as not wearing a Kakkar. If the argument right now were that Sarblohee Singh's don't eat from other Gursikhs who don't keep their Kakkars, then I'm sure there would less backlash against such a concept.

Would it be okay to eat from a person who has lots of kamieee yet doesn't wear any of his Kakkars?

There are also many yogees, sufees, people of other backgrounds who have massive Kamaee, would it be okay to eat from them since they have humilty, seva, and do lots of meditation?

Thus, I don't see how this translates to Sarblohee Singhs thinking their "better" then the rest. Their just abiding by Guru Sahibs hukam. Because anyone who is in Sikhi, is in it because they feel it is the true path to Vaheguro. They refuse all other paths, and abide by such hukams as "Ram Raheem puran Kuran, anekh kaheh math ek na maanio." They don't accept the ways of other religions, and know that Gurmat is the true path to Vaheguro. So doesn't every person who has taken amrit have a "we" are better then "them" mentality?

In the end of the day it comes down to Sharda for Guru Sahib, they follow such a hukam because they feel its Guru Sahibs bachan, not because they think their better then others.
1) Dass mostly cooks when no one else is in the Kitchen, cleans counters and stove with water, then begins cooking. Cooking when others are around becomes a hastle, so its best to find time when the kitchen is open.

4) I have never really got any weird looks for wearing Bana at school except from Punjabees and other Gursikhs. I live in Toronto, so law permits us to wear sri sahib on outside. I started by tying a Kamarkasa, and hiding my 9 Inch Kirpan inside, but after getting used to wearing Bana at school started wearing a bigger Kirpan, and on the outside. Sometimes you get stares, but people don't say anything about it really.

5) Many people thinks its an Ego thing, so different friends/family member will react differently to you keeping Sarbloh. Best think is to keep quiet when in an argument that just involves yelling, but if the person is willing to listen then explain to them the concept of Sarbloh, in the least offending manner (i.e why you can't eat from certain people)

6) What keeping Bana has helped with most is keeping a positive sangat, and avoiding any situations where I would represent Sikhi in a negative way. I'll explain people about my Gurmat beliefs only if asked, but won't initiate the conversation.

7) Wearing Bana changed the way I think and interact with people. I will try to smile more, hold the door for people, and interact with more people, to make them feel as if Sikhs aren't crazy, hardcore, mean people who wear huge knifes and funny costumes to school.

8) Dass does more Sangat of Singhs who keep the same rehit, but that is only because they have the same goals and thoughts Sikhi wise, which makes it easier to do bhagti. But, its important to do sangat of different Singhs, because isolation can become a scary thing. Thus, i try attending all youth keertans/programs and will go to random Gurduwara programs whenever possible.

9) I'm lucky enough to live near many other Sarblohees, and one particular family has done tremendous seva for me that I could never explain my gratitude, so If Dass has no time to prepare meals I will eat there. If your not so lucky, Its easiest to cook all the food together for the whole day if you do eat, and that will take about an hour and a half, for about 2 meals worth of food.
Veer Damandeep Singh Ji,

1) ਗੁਰਿ ਕਹਿਆ ਸਾ ਕਾਰ ਕਮਾਵਹੁ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਕਰਣੀ ਕਾਹੇ ਧਾਵਹੁ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਸਾਚਿ ਸਮਾਵਹੁ ॥੨੭॥

Only Guru Knows what he did and for what ? We are none's to evaluate.

2) I used to listen a lot to Giani Thakur Singh Ji. few years back. He is good to get to the first stage of Sikhi (Sangat Maaf Karna ji). But i recall few stories he used to tell in Katha - In the light of Bani and Bhai Sahib ji's writings - those ones look SELF MADE or just Heard from around to me.So dont give up the solid Rehats (one like Sarbloh) just listening to an individual. Dass suggest to always fall on the better side of it when there is a Dubhdia and offcourse there is no dubidha in case those (Sarbloh is our seena-baseena rehot)

Bhenji,

There is no doubt that the Simran Kamai is never going waste. Even if a non-Bibeki does Simran - this Sacha Sauda of Naam Simran and Bani Sewa is accountable. Its just abt How much ?

Simran/Bani without Rehat looks like - One farmer having a big strong ਵਾੜੀ around his fields and another one just working hard and letting the boundary be open for anyone to come and destroy his hard work.

To me it just looks like more positive attitude to do Naam Simran/Bani following strict Rehats of Guru sahib that he has dictated.We also need to think that Naam/Bani/Rehats are only countable if he is pleased. If this PATH is all about easy why would the hukam be "ਝਖੜੁ ਝਾਗੀ ਮੀਹੁ ਵਰਸੈ ਭੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਦੇਖਣ ਜਾਈ ॥੧੩॥" Why would guru sahib ask his sikh to go through all these hardships ? It just looks what you can do to achieve him ? why would NAAM-Leva Sikh who is determined to get him not keep the Rehats dictated by the Master ?? Seems no reasons other than just Sansari DHILs which have to over come without a second thought. We have all read Bhai Sahib Jail Chitian "Why did he keep himself Hungry just because he had no Oil in the jail for evening Kanga ? he might have thought to eat and then do 2-3 hrs of Naam Simran to please Satguru for this Dhil. I feel its just the tests and SINGH/SINGHNI has to try to give everything to please the Master. None knows if the things we feel are simple would get his NADAR and get us through.

Piareo - Lets avoid discussions on these JAAN-TON-PIARI Rehats. We are in such an easy world. Think of the Gurmukhs keeping these in the times when there was no water,no electricity,no heating arrangements. If we are ourselves unable to keep up with some known Rehat lets request sangat to do Ardas for us so that Guru Sahib Kirpa Karan.

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!
i have not confirmed that story with any Singhs, i will ask the older taksali singhs if this infact did happen.

having said that, im not so concerned with this rehat.

My concern is more with those that keep sarbloh and think that they are higher than others. I have seen this many times wether at camps or at Smagams, it goes even as far as that the sarblohis sit in seperately in another room. I understand if you want to keep sucham then have your own batai and your own food. but atleast sit with the rest of the pangat. i understand were not supposed to sit with monai and patits and eat langar. So just sit with singhs in the langar hall, whats the point of going to another room.

Doesnt this promote castes?
For sure i agree with the fact that Rehat is for one's benefits and it shouldn't feel to others that they are being pushed back and lower caste or something. I am not sure if Gursikhs do this or its just that others feel it that way. There is no doubt a high level of NIMARTA has to be kept along with these Rehats as they are not to please the people/or show off , but they are to please the Guru who is a DATTTA to all and does PRITPAAAL of all. I also dont feel a need for a Sarblohi Singh/Singhni to sit and eat in the room different than the others as long as his BATA is safe and the environment is adequate.

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!
gsingh jeeo,

Due to lack of communication, we sometime assume things that are not true. A Singh may be doing a certain thing for one reason but sometimes others get misunderstanding and start assuming things.

My concern is more with those that keep sarbloh and think that they are higher than others.

How do you know what they think? It is possible that they may be doing something for totally different reasons but you may have misunderstood their intentions and assumed something totally different.

I have seen this many times wether at camps or at Smagams, it goes even as far as that the sarblohis sit in seperately in another room. I understand if you want to keep sucham then have your own batai and your own food. but atleast sit with the rest of the pangat. i understand were not supposed to sit with monai and patits and eat langar. So just sit with singhs in the langar hall, whats the point of going to another room.

Bibeki Gursikhs try to keep as much low-profile about their Rehit as possible. If they were to eat in common langar but bring their own food in Sarbloh utensils, it would create more misunderstandings and troubles. They are very hesitant to eat their Parshada in common Langar because they don't want to high light their Rehit and secondly two kinds of Langars in one Pangat don't seem correct. So when they attend Samagams or camps, they try their best to eat while keeping low profile. From this, sometimes people may deduce that they consider themselves superior.

Who is superior and who is inferior, is known to Guru Sahib only. Gursikhs don't do these kinds of calculations as to who is superior and who is not. What they are concerned about is keeping Guru Sahib's Rehit and obeying Hukams.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
IF YOU ARE READING THIS READ THE WHOLE THING

Furthermore,

If one accepts the concept of impurity, then there is impurity everywhere.
In cow-dung and wood there are worms.
As many as are the grains of corn, none is without life.
First, there is life in the water, by which everything else is made green.
How can it be protected from impurity? It touches our own kitchen.
O Nanak, impurity cannot be removed in this way; it is washed away only by spiritual wisdom. ||1||

and

All impurity comes from doubt and attachment to duality.
Birth and death are subject to the Command of the Lord's Will; through His Will we come and go.
Eating and drinking are pure, since the Lord gives nourishment to all.
O Nanak, the Gurmukhs, who understand the Lord, are not stained by impurity. ||3||

I believe in bibek. With Guru Jee's Kirpa daas keeps some bibek as well. I'm not against keeping bibek. Daas's bibeki pehraa gets stronger everyday with guru jee's kirpa. I am not against anyone that keeps bibek. I respect them for their rehat. I am just talking about certain people that give off a bad image on bibek.

If touching bhandai is bad, should we also cover them with a burka so no one can see them. Because Guru Jee does say that the vision of an akirt ghan is very defiling.

The meat of dog cooked in the wine was,
Along with its foul smell, kept in the human skull.
It was covered with blood stained cloth.
Covering thus, the scavenger woman (chuhari) after appeasing her lust was carrying that bowl.
On being asked about (the abominable covered material) she cleared the doubt,
By saying that she had covered the meat to hide it from the sight of an ungrateful person to avoid its pollution.(9)
(Vaaran Bhai Gurdas Jee)

Bibek can go on and on. I just think we need to calm down with bibek. And just have love for everyone.

There is another story of Sant Kartar Singh Jee,where a mona offered them some sweets but sant jee refused, saying that they do not eat from out(the mona had a sweet shop in the baazar) the mona kept requesting sant jee and sant kartar singh jee kept refusing. Finally the mona said i have made these with pyaar please eat them. And sant kartar singh jee said to the singhs how can i reject his pyaar?

However, there needs to be a balance between bibek and love. We shouldnt just be close minded and focus just on bibek. and we shouldnt forget about bibek and eat freely. There needs to be a balance in life.

daas,
Gagan Singh

I believe in bibek. With Guru Jee's Kirpa daas keeps some bibek as well. I'm not against keeping bibek. Daas's bibeki pehraa gets stronger everyday with guru jee's kirpa. I am not against anyone that keeps bibek. I respect them for their rehat. I am just talking about certain people that give off a bad image on bibek.

We can agree on this. Surely there are people who give Bibek and also other Rehits bad name by acting egoistically and by not respecting other people who are not Amritdhari or are Amritdhari with less Rehit.

If touching bhandai is bad, should we also cover them with a burka so no one can see them. Because Guru Jee does say that the vision of an akirt ghan is very defiling.

This is why Degh is covered before Bhog and this is why Degh is prepared in seclusion where only Rehitvaan Gursikhs can come.

However, there needs to be a balance between bibek and love. We shouldnt just be close minded and focus just on bibek. and we shouldnt forget about bibek and eat freely. There needs to be a balance in life.

What Sant Kartar Singh jee did is known only to him and I am not going to question it but what we (mortal beings) need to do is not imitate Mahapurakhs and just follow Guru Sahib's Rehit to the fullest. Guru Sahib in any Rehitnama has not given exemption from any Rehit under any circumstances.

Before we love other people, our primary love should be for the Hukams of Guru Sahib. What's the point of expressing love for someone by violating Guru Sahib's Hukam? There are million other ways to show love for others. We can lovingly explain to them Guru Sahib's Rehit. Love for others shouldn't mean violating Guru Sahib Hukam.

And those Gurbani Pankitis you quoted relate to Sootak and not to Jooth concept of Bibek and furthermore, the interpretations are not correct.

Kulbir Singh

And Sant Kartar Singh jee said to the singhs how can i reject his pyaar?

However, there needs to be a balance between bibek and love. We shouldnt just be close minded and
focus just on bibek. and we shouldnt forget about bibek and eat freely. There needs to be a balance
in life.

Well - Pyaaar. !!

I think we are giving too much for the Pyaar here. Hasn't the Pyaar of Gursikh for the Guru Sahib been given second place and the Pyaar for an individual has over taken ? I think better would be that individual adopt the Rehats in the Pyar of Sant ji to have himself qualified to have him eat the sweets. If we let Pyaar overtake, it would be difficult to live up with Rehats, we may have some more sacrifices to follow. Dont our parents have Pyar for us ? If yes, then incase non-Bibeki parents we would never be able to ignore their food. I dont think there is a question of a balance where it comes to Rehats, as long you are sure you have kept it for your Guru - they should be followed strictly making sure that you avoid hurting others as far as possible. I know certain Gursikhs who dont even let the people know about their Rehats and still keep it 100%.

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!
bhai sahib i agree with you

no point in arguing
with guru sahib ji kirpa, dass had the opportunity to do sangat of Rehitvaan gurmukh pyiaare, and all of them expressed the importance of jhoot,bibek,and sucham. As many gursikhs mentioned earlier only with guru sahibs jis kirpa can someone be blessed with Sarabloh bibek. Because many people have western mind set, it hard for them to understand the sucham aspect, the best way to understand it, is to do sangat of gurmukh pyiaare that guru shaib ji has blessed.

In places like gurdwara akand parkash bhindrankala, sucham is kept very strictly. Only Amrithaarie, Rehitvaan gursikh can prepare/serve langer.All the batai are cleaned with sand, that has been filtered and is kept in a protective area. There is a separate well to get water for only amrit sanchaar. All the cows and animals are kept in a separate area and are washed and dried before they get milked.Everytime the nalka (pump well) is used it is totally washed out with sand to clean it.

Many gursikhs that travel and are blessed with Sarabloh bibek carry there own batai and sand to clean them becuz, they dont want any other person to responsible for there standards of rehat. This is also another way of being tyaar bar tyaar

Sakhi About Sucham and Bhindran Jetha

Once Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji was traveling in the moga area for amrit parchaar and many of the singhs on the bus were very hungry. One young singh got off the bus and bought a banana from one of those ppl with carts that sell fruit and vegetable in punjab. The Singh eat the Banana with out washing it and another singh told sant ji. Once the bus got moving again, sant ji asked the singh infront of the entire bus if he had eat the banana, the singh replied, Yes. Sant ji grabbed both of the singhs ears and made him too baatka (squats) for 34km while sant ji held his ears.

My benthi to people who dont understand Sucham or Bibek, please go to punjab and spend 10 days with gursikhs that have been blessed with his rehit and all your answers will be answered.

Also Pyaar is important but i don't understand the aspect of showing pyaar to someone and u end up losing your own rehit/jeevan in the mean time.
Thanks for the excellent post Gurumat jeeo. Daas too heard about that banana Saakhi from a Chardi Kala Gursikh from Mehta. Thanks for refreshing the memory by narrating it again.

Kulbir Singh
I respect the Singhs for keeping this rehat, as it seems like to me at least a tough one to keep outside of Taksal/School of same thinkers. Can someone point me to historical docs that state this rehat was kept or is this seena baseena tradition?

Apologies to Mehtab Singh that this discussion has gone off on a tangent to his original post. I cannot contribute as I dont keep this rehat yet, hopefully if Maharaj does kirpa then I will; as from the posters who keep it, it would seem it has transformed their love for Guru Ji and Sikhi.
Countless thanks and gratitudes to every single Gurmukh who posted. I have the answers now. Benti to the admins to do as per their khushi, whether to close this thread and proceed with further discussion.

- Mehtab Singh
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.