ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sangat or No sangat?

Posted by Hari Singh 
Sangat or No sangat?
December 23, 2010 05:51AM
If sangat of like minded gursikhs is not available to you locally, is it okay to not join sangat?

If by joining sangat that does not bring you closer to Guru sahib or rehit and instead causes you more spiritual harm (and your rehit), is it then okay to stay aloof and do sangat of like minded gursikhs when possible?

What would you do? Join sangat that does not follow the path you are and simply just make do or stay aloof and meet sangat of your kind when possible?

Please share your thoughts.

H.S
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Sangat or No sangat?
December 23, 2010 06:02AM
Why not stay with those who could harm you, and change those?
December 23, 2010 10:12AM
right on damandeep singh!
December 23, 2010 04:47PM
Strategy of Bhai Damandeep Singh Jee is not a bad one, but one must be top Gurmukh with uchasucha jeevan to do so, rest of us, we are most likely to dragged down to their manmukhi ways as we have probably seen on this forum and in our own personal lives. So for this reason I personally avoid doing sangat with anyone except rehitvaan Gursikhs, I do not mind getting labelled as elitist, judgemental, arrogant etc but I prefer to keep the company of the Gursikhs I admire and one day wish to be like. So for this reason, I would always rather stay sava-lakh in the sangat of haazarnaazar Satguru Jee if the aforementioned Gursikh sangat is not available.
December 23, 2010 06:06PM
eye rolling smileydelusions of grandeur.....
December 23, 2010 06:18PM
Grandiose delusions or delusions of grandeur are principally a subtype of delusional disorder but could possibly feature as a symptom of schizophrenia and manic episodes of bipolar disorder. Grandiose delusions are characterized by fantastical beliefs that one is famous, omnipotent, or otherwise very powerful. The delusions are generally fantastic, often with a supernatural, science-fictional, or religious bent (for example, belief that one is an incarnation of Jesus Christ).

Grandiose delusions are distinct from grandiosity, in that the sufferer does not have insight into his loss of touch with reality.

In colloquial usage, one who overestimates one's own abilities, talents or situation is sometimes said to have 'delusions of grandeur'. This is generally due to excessive pride, rather than any actual delusions.

eye popping smiley
December 24, 2010 09:02AM
It's useless to look down at others when God Himself has attached us all to our different tasks. We are all in this world with our own different karmas. To look down upon others means only to create bad karma for ourselves. Satsangat is where anyone mentions Waheguru ji even just once. If a person is not a sikh, that person still can be very saintly as Guru Maharaj says that there are many ways of worshipping God and surely God responds to all of them.
December 29, 2010 02:15AM
Can you define "like minded gursikhs"? What kinds of differences are you talking about? And why do these difference hinder you from getting closer to Guru Sahib?
December 29, 2010 05:02AM
Also can please elaborate more on this:
Veer Hari Singh
If sangat of like minded gursikhs is not available to you locally, is it okay to not join sangat?

are you refering to socializing with other or are you refering to sadhsangat in the hazoree of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji?

Chota veer
December 29, 2010 05:30AM
Thanks to everyone who has contributed. I think Bhai Jaskirat Singh ji has echoed my feelings correctly.

H.S
January 02, 2011 09:01AM
I would rather stay alone than having patit sangat. If you are a gursikh then you should only do gursikh's sangat. If you do manmukh's sangat it will slowly effect you a lot. So i prefer you to stay alone than having bad sangat or only stay with gursikh's.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login