ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Spirituality between husband and wife?

Posted by Theguptone 
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh sangat jio

Daas had a thought come in mind that those couples who are outside of Guru Ji's sharan, they are unfortunately limited to having a worldly relationship based on physical side and emotional side of relationship. Gurbani states that a true husband and wife is one soul in two bodies. This in itself is a profound statement which must require a lot of vichar to understand even a little bit...

I was wondering if in Gursikhi there is a way of spiritual bonding and enjoyment between husband and wife, (beyond simply carrying out spiritual routine of simran and nitnem together)?
I mean is there any special spiritual khel that can take place between atmas of (uchee avastha or low avastha) husband and wife? Have any gurmukhs written about this, or even any bani?
For example imagine a couple that were both brahmgyanis, surely there must be some sort of special spiritual relationship and enjoyment and bond above that of others and of simply doing paath together?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
In a nutshell: something that replaces the part of marriage that are manifestations of the limited physical and emotional relationship that non-gursikh husband and wife have, with something on a higher level of spirituality that is still centered on the relationship between the two.
telepathy..lol, i wish :p
Im not a professional in Gursikh Husband- Wife relationships, but my understanding according to Gurbani is that husband wife both encourage one another to live a life of Gurmat Sehaj.

Bhai Gurdas Ji says "lok vaedh gun giaan vich aradhh sareeree mokh dhuaaree"

- women is the half of husbands body and this whole ( completeness ) leads to liberation for the body ( both husband and wife)

Meaning women creates balance ( sehaj) among man, and vice versa in practicing Gurmat. Together husband and wife do Bhagti and get liberation. So its a duty for both husband and wife to push each other in bhagti so they reach high spiritual heights. If one is lacking spiritually then its the partners fault. If the goal is to reach the highest heights proclaimed in Gurmat then I dont see what purpose any other kind of worldy-bonding serves? Without Gurmat Sehaj , Grishti Jeevan is pointless and a burden to Bhagti.
how do you mean if one is lacking then the other is at fault? shouldn't the one who is lacking be at fault for being at fault for themself?
both are at fault, but the spouse should feel guilty for not fulfilling duties promised during Anand Karaj.
what kind of duties?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login