ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

history and info about Ratanmala, Jit Dar Lakh Muhammada and other such compositions

Posted by Mehtab Singh 
I didn't want to side-track this topic --> [gurmatbibek.com] so I created this one.

Please correct me if I am wrong. There were some compositions like Ratanmala, Jit Dar Lakh Muhammada and some others in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji as well and the same thing happened? I have tried to find history on this but don't know much details, regarding when this happened and who were the authorities behind this. Any detailed info would be appreciated.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Apparently, there was a Sarbat Khalsa or at least a gathering of Panth, before they decided to publish Maharaj jee's Birs. There were mainly 4 systems of Handwritten Birs:

1. Birs that were copies of original Aad Bir of Maharaj jee. These types of Birs were not too many.

2. Birs of Bhai Banno lineage. These Birs contained a lot of extra Baanis and these Birs were in majority at that time.

3. Damdami Bir i.e. the Birs that were copies of the Bir that Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee compiled by adding Siri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib jee's Baani.

4. Mixture of Bhai Banno's type of Birs and others types of Birs.

Everyone knew that the Bir that has been given Gurta-Gaddi is the Damdami Bir but these Birs too contained Faltoo (extra) Baanis after Mundavani. The point to note is that firstly, a vast majority of Birs that had extra Baanis after Mundavani, almost never had Raagmala directly after Mundavani but after all the extra Baanis e.g. Jitt Dar Lakh Muhammada, Ratanmala etc.

Since these extra Baanis were after Mundavani, they were taken out. The seal of Mundavani cannot be broken and even Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee Maharaj did not break the Mundavani seal when He added Siri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib jee's Baani. Any Baani that He added was added within Mundavani and not outside of it.

When the extra Baanis like Ratanmala were deleted from Maharaj jee's Bir, many Samprada including the Taksal continued reading these "Bhog diyaa Baaniya" and I have heard that Sant Gurbachan Singh considered these Baanis to be part of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee. Someone please confirm this.

In any case, Shukar hai, that these Kachi Baanis were removed from Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
ੴਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹ॥

ਗੁਰੁ ਪਿਆਰਿਉ,

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ॥ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹ॥

ਪੁਸਤਕ ‘ਮੁੰਦਾਵਣੀ’ ਵਿਚ ਇਹਨਾਂ ਬਾਣੀਆ ਨਾਮ ਸਬੰਧਤ ਇਕ ਬੜੀ ਹੀ ਦਿਲਚਸਪ ਛੋਟੀ ਜਿਹੀ ਵਾਰਤਾ ਦਰਜ਼ ਹੈ। ਸੰਗਤਾਂ ਦੇ ਧਿਆਨ ਹਿਤ ਇਥੇ ਪੇਸ਼ ਹੈ ਜੀ।

… ਸੰਨ ੧੯੪੫ ਬਹੁਤਾ ਪੁਰਾਣਾ ਸਮਾਂ ਨਹੀਂ ਸੀ। ਉਸ ਸਮੇਂ ਦੀਆਂ ਛਪੀਆ ਬੀੜਾਂ ਸਬੰਧੀ ਇਕ ਘਟਨਾ ਬੜੀ ਦਿਲਚਸਪ ਹੈ, ਜਦੋਂ ਇਕ ਪਾਠੀ ਸਿੰਘ ਤੋਂ ਅਜੀਬ ਤਾਅਨੇ ਸੁਣੇ:
ਪੰਡਤ ਕਰਤਾਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਦਾਖਾ ਤੇ ਲੇਖਕ, ਕਾਨ੍ਹਗੜ ਦੇ ਸ. ਹਰਦਮ ਸਿੰਘ ਦੇ ਘਰ ਲਿਖਤੀ ਬੀੜ ਦੇ ਦਰਸ਼ਨ ਕਰਨ ਲਈ ਪੁੱਜੇ। ਦੂਜੇ ਦਿਨ ਸੰਗ੍ਰਾਂਦ ਹੋਣ ਕਰਕੇ, ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੇ ਘਰ ਗ੍ਰੰਥੀ ਸਿੰਘ ਨੇ ਛਾਪੇ ਦੀ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਸ਼ ਕੀਤੀ ਹੋਈ ਬੀੜ ਤੋਂ ਭੋਗ ਪਾਇਆ। ਅਸੀਂ ਵੀ ਹਾਜ਼ਰੀ ਭਰੀ। ਗ੍ਰੰਥੀ ਸਿੰਘ ਨੇ ‘ਮੁੰਦਵਾਣੀ’ ਉੱਤੇ ਭੋਗ ਪਾ ਕੇ “ਜਿਤੁ ਦਰ ਲਖ ਮੁਹੰਮਦਾ” ਪੜ੍ਹਨਾ ਸ਼ੁਰੂ ਕਰ ਦਿੱਤਾ। ਅਸੀਂ ਉੱਠ ਕੇ ਜਾਣ ਲੱਗੇ, ਤਾਂ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਨੇ ਕਿਹਾ:
“ਜੀ ਇਹ ਮਰਿਆਦਾ ਨਹੀਂ, ਕਿ ਤੁਸੀਂ ਉੱਠ ਕੇ ਜਾਵੋ। ਅਸੀਂ ਤਾਂ ਭੋਗ ਦੀਆਂ ਸਾਰੀਆਂ ਬਾਣੀਆਂ ਹੀ ਪੜ੍ਹ ਕੇ ਭੋਗ ਪਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਾਂ। ਥੋੜ੍ਹਾ ਚਿਰ ਹੋਰ ਬੈਠੋ ਤੇ ਸਬਰ ਕਰੋ”।
ਪੰਡਤ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਕਿਹਾ, “ਇਹ ਬਾਣੀਆ ਭਾਈ ਬੰਨੋ ਦੀਆਂ ਹਨ”।
ਗ੍ਰੰਥੀ ਸਿੰਘ ਨੇ ਕਿਹਾ, “ਕਿਸੇ ਦੀਆਂ ਹੋਣ, ਅਸੀਂ ਤਾਂ ਜੋ ਬੀੜ ਵਿਚ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਹੈ, ਅੱਖਰ-ਅੱਖਰ ਪੜ੍ਹਨਾ ਹੈ”। ਨਾਲ ਹੀ ਤੁਕ ਸੁਣਾ ਦਿੱਤੀ:
“ਅੱਖਰ ਲਿਖੇ ਸੇਈ ਗਾਵਾ ਅਵਰ ਨ ਜਾਣਾ ਬਾਣੀ”।
ਪੰਡਤ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਕਿਹਾ, “ਤਾਂ ਤੁਸੀਂ, ਮੀਰਾਂ ਬਾਈ ਦਾ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਵੀ ਪੜ੍ਹਿਆ ਹੋਵੇਗਾ”।
ਗ੍ਰੰਥੀ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਕਿਹਾ, “ਹਾਂ ਜੀ, ਪੜ੍ਹਿਆ ਹੈ, ਸੂਰਦਾਸ ਦਾ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਵੀ ਪੂਰਾ ਪੜ੍ਹਿਆ ਹੈ, ‘ਰਾਮਕਲੀ ਰਾਗ’ ਵਿਚ ਜੇਹੜਾ ਛੰਦ ‘ਰਣਝੁੰਝਨੜਾ’ ਆਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ, ਜੋ ਬੀੜ੍ਹਾਂ ਨਵੀਆਂ ਛਪੀਆ ਹਨ, ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਛਾਪਿਆ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾਂਦਾ, ਉਹ ਵੀ ਪੜ੍ਹਿਆ ਹੈ। ਮੈਂ ਤਾਂ, ਹਰ ਮਹੀਨੇ ਏਸ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਵਿਚ ਲਿਖੀਆਂ ਸਾਰੀਆ ਬਾਣੀਆਂ ਪੜ੍ਹਦਾ ਹਾਂ, ਭੋਗ ਵੀ ਵੱਡਾ ਪਾਉਂਦਾ ਹਾਂ”।
ਅਸੀਂ ਮੱਥਾ ਟੇਕ ਕੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਰਾਹ ਪਏ। ਉਹ ਭਾਈ ਬੰਨੋ ਵਾਲੀਆ ਸਾਰੀਆਂ ਬਾਣੀਆਂ ਪੜ੍ਹ ਕੇ ਵੱਡਾ ਭੋਗ ਪਾਉਣ ਲੱਗਿਆ ਰਿਹਾ।…

ਉਪਰਲੀ ਇਸ ਘਟਨਾ ਤੋਂ ਸਾਫ ਪ੍ਰਤੀਤ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਇਹ ਗ੍ਰੰਥੀ ਸਿੰਘ ਕੱਚੀਆ ਬਾਣੀਆਂ ਸਿਰਫ ਇਸ ਕਰਕੇ ਹੀ ਪੜੀ ਹੀ ਗਿਆ ਕਿ ਵੱਡਾ ਭੋਗ ਪਾਉਣਾ ਹੈ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਇਕ ਅੰਗਰੇਜ਼ੀ ਦੀ ਕਹਾਵਤ ਵੀ ਹੈ ਬਿਗਰ ਇਜ਼ ਬੈਟਰ। ਐਸਾ ਕੁਝ ਅਗਿਆਨਤਾ ਵੱਸ ਪਤਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਕੀ ਕੀ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੋਵੇਗਾ ਓਸ ਵਖ਼ਤ ।

ਦਾਸ,
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
> When the extra Baanis like Ratanmala were deleted
> from Maharaj jee's Bir, many Samprada including
> the Taksal continued reading these "Bhog diyaa
> Baaniya" and I have heard that Sant Gurbachan
> Singh considered these Baanis to be part of Siri
> Guru Granth Sahib jee. Someone please confirm
> this.
>

> In any case, Shukar hai, that these Kachi Baanis
> were removed from Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee.
>
> Daas,
> Kulbir Singh

This is absolutely wrong Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Jee never believed these banis to be the works of Satguru Jee. Sant Jee only believed from Ek Oan(g)kar to Atarheh Das Bees. Please do not make baseless claims. I have attached a picture from a Pothi Sant Jee wrote, please read the highlighted part and ignore the rest. From the highlighted part it is clear that Sant Jee did not believe that all these extra compositions were Guru Jee's. If they did they would have mentioned these bania along with the other bania they mention.

oddslot
gsingh jeeo, I wrote that I "heard" that Sant jee believed in these Baanis.

I have witnessed many Gursikhs from Taksali background doing Paath of these baanis e.g. Ratanmala, Naseehatnama etc. I used to have a Gutka Sahib published by Taksal (Bhai Mani Singh Taksal) that contained these baanis.

Kulbir Singh
Teek ya jee

just wanted to clear it up

the bania may be in the gutkai but there are other reasons for that.
i have a gutka sahib although not published by the taksal, but has a singh from the taksal that has done sudaee of it that has these bania as well.

oddslot
Who were the authors of these kachi banis? Who added them to birs?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gsingh,
The highlighted areas seem to prove Baba Jis stance on Ragmala.

Chota veer
ya the highlighted sections prove that baba jee belived in raagmala, but if they had believed in the other kacheeia bania then they would have mentioned those bania as well.

oddslot
I am writing this from memory so mistakes are bound to happen. Ratanmala and Jugawali were written by Udasis. I think the time period has to be around 3rd Guru’s time since He warned against kachi bani (Satguru Bina Hor Kachi Hai Bani). Jit Dar Likh Mohamada by Minas (either Meharvaan or Har Ji) and Hakikat Rah Mukaam by someone (whose name I will have to check) which describes travel details to Sri Lanka to obtain Pran Sangali. Siahi Ki Bidh is not a composition but an ink formula. In early times, it was also a common practice for scribes to include demise dates of the Gurus in the last. These compositions got included mostly by Udasis in most of the birs since their primary role was to write bani pothis and take care of the Gurdwaras. Guru Rakha
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login