ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

what is education ?

Posted by harinder_singh 
what is education ?
June 05, 2010 07:10AM
These days lots of sikhs great pride in their (or their kid's) degrees, jobs, salaries but according to Gurmat :

ਪੜਿਆ ਮੂਰਖੁ ਆਖੀਐ ਜਿਸੁ ਲਬੁ ਲੋਭੁ ਅਹੰਕਾਰਾ ॥
That scholar who is full of greed, arrogant pride and egotism, is known to be a fool.

ਨਾਉ ਪੜੀਐ ਨਾਉ ਬੁਝੀਐ ਗੁਰਮਤੀ ਵੀਚਾਰਾ ॥
o read the Name, and realize the Name, and contemplate the Guru's Teachings.

Present day education is just training where individuals are just trained to earn money in this world.
Real education is NAAM, GURBANI.
Real education is to live in fear and love of Vaheguru.
Read education is to fight against injustice.
Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale was billion times more educated that Manmohan "singh" who is a puppet of Congress and Sonia.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: what is education ?
June 05, 2010 10:34AM
I totally agree with Veer Harinder Singh that the modern education is all about preparing the person to be able to earn a living. The modern education does not make a person wise. Leave aside the spiritual education, the modern education does not even teach the important concepts and fundamentals that would make a person functional and wise in the world itself.

If a person becames a master of Chemistry, Physics, Accounting, Medicine or Biology etc. would such person be equipped with skills, arts and wisdom needed to lead a happy life? The answer is a Big No. According to Gurmat, a person who does not have Brahm-Vidya (spiritual education) is an uneducated person. Gurmat Vidya is taught to understand some of the following questions that are not answered by any worldly education:

1. Who are we?

2. Why are we here?

3. Who is the creator of this world and who sent us here?

4. How to get back to our root - Vaheguru. Vaheguru is the Mool of everything and this worldly education teaches nothing about it.

5. Who are our enemies and what is their nature? The enemies are the 5 vices.

6. How can we combat our enemies?

7. What is Maya?

8. What is the nature of Maya?

9. How can we break the bonds of Maya?

10. What is Naam?

11. How to obtain Naam and how to have Naam-Pragaas?

The above questions are just some of the spiritual questions that no worldly education can answer and only Gurmat has answers to them. The worldly education is flawed and does not make us better human beings. It actually does quite the contrary because the whole worldy education places the inanimate matter as supreme and dedicates 100% to understand inanimate matter only. Leave aside instilling spirituality in the students, it does not help even in everyday requirements and behavioural skills like how to have loving relationships, how to live happily i.e. how to attain happiness etc.

Worldly education is a failure as far as I understand because it does not talk about Vaheguru. The doctors or a scientists or Accountants or Lawyers may have a lot of knowledge of false objects and the inanimate matter but as far as real object (Tatt-Vastu) is concerned, they are dangars and anpadhs.

Guru Sahib knows better.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
I believe that a sikhs we should be educated in terms of spirituality i.e through guroo, but also have a worldly education as we show should show the world that guroo gobind singhs children are not just good at bhagti but also benefiting the world.

Ive read that Bau Mal Singh Ji would tell all the young singhs that amritvela is vital but you must get an education and show the world that khalsa can a success at what they do.

Just my 2 cents
Re: what is education ?
June 05, 2010 11:57AM
I agree with the main theme. Cent Percent. But it is time to take the weakness of the system in a positive way.

Present education system is specialized and specific skill oriented. Religion courses are not supposed in Medical College or Commerce Department of the university. And if they try to teach their religion in their college, we may not like either.

So, knowing weakness of education system, we need to supplement it according to our needs. We, the sikhs, can devise Concept of Gurmat Studies, in a formal way.

How about Tapoban University for Spiritual and Gurmat Education.smiling smiley Religion departments in other universities are not as per Bibek standards.
TrilochanSingh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe that a sikhs we should be educated in
> terms of spirituality i.e through guroo, but also
> have a worldly education as we show should show
> the world that guroo gobind singhs children are
> not just good at bhagti but also benefiting the
> world.
>
> Ive read that Bau Mal Singh Ji would tell all the
> young singhs that amritvela is vital but you must
> get an education and show the world that khalsa
> can a success at what they do.
>
> Just my 2 cents

The point I am trying to make is that worldly "education" is NOT education, it is training to make a living. A sikh shud not get proud of his worldly degrees and should not feel superior to gursikhs who dont have degrees.
I am not saying that gursikhs should stop studying in colleges and universities. Its a personal choice.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login