ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mention of Bibiyaan in Ardaas omitted?

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
Daas has noticed that when you hear Ardaas of senior Gurmukhs of Jatha, they never fail to mention the supreme sacrifice of Sikh Bibiyaan who were imprisoned by Mir Mannu. The most common passage that is now omitted from the Ardaas is as follows:

ਜਿਨਾਂ ਬੀਬੀਆਂ ਨੇ ਸਵਾ ਸਵਾ ਮਣ ਦੇ ਪੀਸਨੇ ਪੀਸੇ, ਖੰਨੀ ਖੰਨੀ ਰੋਟੀ ਪਰ ਗੁਜ਼ਾਰਾ ਕੀਤਾ, ਬਚਿਆਂ ਦੇ ਟੋਟੇ ਕਰਵਾ ਕੇ ਗਲਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਹਾਰ ਪਵਾਏ, ਤੇਰੇ ਭਾਣੇ ਨੂੰ ਮਿਠਾ ਮਿਠਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਮੰਨਿਆ, ਤਿਨਾਂ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਮਾਤਾਵਾਂ, ਭੈਣਾਂ ਦੀ ਪਵਿੱਤਰ ਕਮਾਈ ਦਾ ਧਿਆਨ ਧਰਕੇ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਜੀ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਬੋਲੋ ਜੀ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ।

Translation: Bibiyaan who did grinding of up to 50 kg of grain, lived on a small piece of Roti, wore garland made of pieces of their martyred children during imprisonment, accepted the Will of Vaheguru as sweet; thinking of their Supreme Sacrifice, Khalsa Jee Sahib say Vaheguru!

The supreme sacrifice of Sikh Bibiyaan in the jail of Mir Mannu was so awesome that this account was included in the daily Ardaas of Khalsa but the standard Ardaas suggested by SGPC has taken out this reference to Sikh Bibiyaan. Daas thinks that following the footsteps of senior Gursikhs of Jatha, this passage should be included in our daily Ardaas. What does Sangat think?

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
The first time my oldest sister heard the ardaas done by senior gurmukhs in the jatha here, she got very emotional at this part. It was the one thing that made her feel like jatha actually respects women. We should for sure include this in our ardaas.
This passage from the ardaas makes my hairs stand on end. How else to remember our mothers and sisters? It is because of them we are here today.

"ਖਾਲਸਾ ਜੀ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਬੋਲੋ ਜੀ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ"!!!!!!
Thank you Bhai Sahib for bringing this up - I guess you sensed a certain moorakh's distress.

Like Preetam Singh's sister, hearing this part of the ardaas for the first time also really touched me. I don't know why the SGPC had this removed from the ardaas, as it is incomplete without that passage. It is enough to bring tears to anyone's eyes, and also raise one's spirits. I will endevour to include this in my ardaas from now on.
I read the standardized SGPC ardas. I want to include this passage. Where should I include this when doing the Ardas?
it would seem appropriate to either read after

jinaa singhaan singhneaan ne dharam het sees ditte, band band katvaayee, khoprian lohaiaan, charhkharhiaan te charhe
....ਮਾਸੂਮ ਬਚਿੱਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਨੇਜਿਆਂ ਤੇ ਟੰਗਾਇਆ!
.......ਖਾਲਸਾ ਜੀ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਬੋਲੋ ਜੀ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kulbir Singh
this account was included in the daily Ardaas of Khalsa but the standard Ardaas suggested by SGPC has taken out this reference to Sikh Bibiyaan

Bhai Sahib Jee, please can you tell me what exactly is the "daily Ardaas of the Khalsa"? Is there a document with this Ardaas written on it, along with the inclusion of the mir mannu mention? I thought all there was before was "Ik Oankaar -----> teg bahadur simirai ghar nau nidh avai dhae sabh thae hoe sahaae" then all the rest was written at time after Singh Sabha movement. Please anyone share full details, also regarding origin of "nanak naam chaRdee kalaa, tere bhane sarbat da bhalla" does this not also qualify as kachi bani just like "nanak nivan jo chale, lage na tatti vao"?

Also we already say "jinaa singha singhneean ne dharam het sees ditte", so I think it already mentioned. Some Gursikhs also add in "goliaa de nishaan bane, aina paratan ate vartemaan shaheeda etc etc" but I think it all comes included in the SGPC one.
I don't know of a standard Ardaas document before SGPC printed one but since most senior Gursikhs in Jatha include these passages referring to Sikh Bibiyaan in Mir Mannu jail, I assume that in olden days, Gursikhs used to read these passages. The oldest Ardaasia Singh of Jatha is Bau Mal Singh jee and today's most senior Gursikhs who do Ardaas in Jatha learned it from him, since he used to do Ardaas most of the times, in olden days. He was from the 1800s and he did not make his own Ardaas. He must have learned from Gursikhs of his times and so on. I believe the reference to Sikh Bibiyaan is quite old.

It would be interesting to read the Ardaas, Gutkas published in the early 1900s contained.

Kulbir Singh
According to eminent Sikh scholars, Bhai Mani Singh Ji formed much of the ardas that is read today. Maryada of Darbar Sahib was also established by Bhai Sahib. As more and more shaheediyan occurred their sacrifices were specifically mentioned along with the passage mentioned in this topic.
We should all try to include this line in our daily ardaas. On a side topic

Kulbir Singh Veer Ji, I m not picking on your calculation but I always thought

1 Sar = 915 g
40 Sar = 1 Maan
1 Maan = 36.6 Kg

I don't have any documentation to prove above units but this is my understanding. Correct me if I am wrong.

I still remember when I was a kid, it was a common practice to call 1 Maan to any thing between 40-50Kg.
Oh I missed sawa maan in above calculation

Sawa Maan = 1.25 Maan = 1.25 * 36.6 Kg = 45.75 Kg
Thanks for the correction Veer jeeo. Normally Mann Pakka is considered to be 40 Kilo but it is actually 40 Ser and Ser is slightly less than a Kilo, hence the calculation works out to what you have pointed out. In any case, that's a lot of grains to grind. Dhan were these Gurmukh Bibiyaan.

Kulbir Singh
Dhan ooh bibia, bhena, matawa!

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!
May be, Veer Bijla Singh Ji or an other Veer, once told us that, he has old prints of SGPC Rehat Maryada. Definitely, there are changes made in it. Not for the present Ardaas subject, those changes what so ever are important to be recorded. Please do share those prints Veer Ji, If you have those.
1936 published version does not have the omitted part of Ardaas. The reason I do not put it online or do comparison is because it will not solve any controversial issues. It has been a fact that whichever side had the majority, made the decision and had the tables turned in their favor. Dr. Trilochan Singh personally asked Bhai Veer Singh, Bhai Randhir Singh and Sant Gurbachan Singh about whether they were consulted on making the final draft of the maryada and they all said no.
Veer Ji, Nitnem Banian were Five, not three, in earlier versions. confused smiley Please, please confirm it.
It states three banis (Jap Ji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Sawayeas) in the morning. Sodar Rehraas Sahib in the evening and Sohila Sahib at night.

In Ardaas, many Sikhs only say "Matt Da Rakha" which is not correct. It should be "Matt Patt Da Rakha" because Guru Sahib is the protector of our mind and body. Har Joo Raakh Leho Patt Meri. Guru Rakha
Thank you Veer Ji.
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Daas has noticed that when you hear Ardaas of
> senior Gurmukhs of Jatha, they never fail to
> mention the supreme sacrifice of Sikh Bibiyaan who
> were imprisoned by Mir Mannu. The most common
> passage that is now omitted from the Ardaas is as
> follows:
>
> ਜਿਨਾਂ ਬੀਬੀਆਂ ਨੇ
> ਸਵਾ ਸਵਾ ਮਣ ਦੇ ਪੀਸਨੇ
> ਪੀਸੇ, ਖੰਨੀ ਖੰਨੀ
> ਰੋਟੀ ਪਰ ਗੁਜ਼ਾਰਾ
> ਕੀਤਾ, ਬਚਿਆਂ ਦੇ ਟੋਟੇ
> ਕਰਵਾ ਕੇ ਗਲਾਂ ਵਿਚ
> ਹਾਰ ਪਵਾਏ, ਤੇਰੇ ਭਾਣੇ
> ਨੂੰ ਮਿਠਾ ਮਿਠਾ ਕਰਕੇ
> ਮੰਨਿਆ, ਤਿਨਾਂ
> ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਮਾਤਾਵਾਂ,
> ਭੈਣਾਂ ਦੀ ਪਵਿੱਤਰ
> ਕਮਾਈ ਦਾ ਧਿਆਨ ਧਰਕੇ
> ਖਾਲਸਾ ਜੀ ਸਾਹਿਬ
> ਬੋਲੋ ਜੀ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ।
>
> Translation: Bibiyaan who did grinding of up to 50
> kg of grain, lived on a small piece of Roti, wore
> garland made of pieces of their martyred children
> during imprisonment, accepted the Will of Vaheguru
> as sweet; thinking of their Supreme Sacrifice,
> Khalsa Jee Sahib say Vaheguru!
>
> The supreme sacrifice of Sikh Bibiyaan in the jail
> of Mir Mannu was so awesome that this account was
> included in the daily Ardaas of Khalsa but the
> standard Ardaas suggested by SGPC has taken out
> this reference to Sikh Bibiyaan. Daas thinks that
> following the footsteps of senior Gursikhs of
> Jatha, this passage should be included in our
> daily Ardaas. What does Sangat think?
>
> Daas,
> Kulbir Singh

I have been rummaging through some panthic ardas's and I see no evidence that the paragraph

"ਜਿਨਾਂ ਬੀਬੀਆਂ ਨੇ ਸਵਾ ਸਵਾ ਮਣ ਦੇ ਪੀਸਨੇ ਪੀਸੇ, ਖੰਨੀ ਖੰਨੀ ਰੋਟੀ ਪਰ ਗੁਜ਼ਾਰਾ ਕੀਤਾ, ਬਚਿਆਂ ਦੇ ਟੋਟੇ ਕਰਵਾ ਕੇ ਗਲਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਹਾਰ ਪਵਾਏ, ਤੇਰੇ ਭਾਣੇ ਨੂੰ ਮਿਠਾ ਮਿਠਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਮੰਨਿਆ, ਤਿਨਾਂ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਮਾਤਾਵਾਂ, ਭੈਣਾਂ ਦੀ ਪਵਿੱਤਰ ਕਮਾਈ ਦਾ ਧਿਆਨ ਧਰਕੇ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਜੀ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਬੋਲੋ ਜੀ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ।"

is part of the panthic ardas? Bhai Sahib ,could you please provide the source ( text) which states this is part of the panthic Ardas?

NaamDhari have included their own additions to the Ardas and have separated from the panth. RadhaSwamis have included their own additions to the Ardas and have separated from the panth. Nihangs have included their own additions to the Ardas and have created rituals which isolate them from the panth, and now both DDT and AKJ seem to have made their own ardas???????????

The concept of Nij-Ardas ( Individual Ardas) or jathebandi Ardas does not exist in the Khalsa panth;KHalsas ardas has traditionally been monolithic . The Khalsa ardas should be identical for each and every Gursikh. When we do ardas we do so collectively . So why do we need to start and form our own ardas outside of the panthic ardas. Slowly slowly every group is becoming a cult and isolating themselves from the GurusSangat. Yes, true the lines

"ਜਿਨਾਂ ਬੀਬੀਆਂ ਨੇ ਸਵਾ ਸਵਾ ਮਣ ਦੇ ਪੀਸਨੇ ਪੀਸੇ, ਖੰਨੀ ਖੰਨੀ ਰੋਟੀ ਪਰ ਗੁਜ਼ਾਰਾ ਕੀਤਾ, ਬਚਿਆਂ ਦੇ ਟੋਟੇ ਕਰਵਾ ਕੇ ਗਲਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਹਾਰ ਪਵਾਏ, ਤੇਰੇ ਭਾਣੇ ਨੂੰ ਮਿਠਾ ਮਿਠਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਮੰਨਿਆ, ਤਿਨਾਂ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਮਾਤਾਵਾਂ, ਭੈਣਾਂ ਦੀ ਪਵਿੱਤਰ ਕਮਾਈ ਦਾ ਧਿਆਨ ਧਰਕੇ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਜੀ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਬੋਲੋ ਜੀ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ।"

are absolutely beautiful. If one wants to remember the sacrifices of these singnis they can do so when combing their kes. However, unless there is strong evidence which mentions this was part of the original panthic ardas I see no reason why one should do an ardas which differs from the majority panth ( GurSangat) , because its anti-panthic to do so.
Sukhdeep Singh, your above post seems to be very derogatory.

NaamDhari have included their own additions to the Ardas and have separated from the panth. RadhaSwamis have included their own additions to the Ardas and have separated from the panth. Nihangs have included their own additions to the Ardas and have created rituals which isolate them from the panth, and now both DDT and AKJ seem to have made their own ardas???????????

What is the need to talk about Naamdharis and Radhaswamis, when we know they are not part of the Panth?
Furthermore, what is the big deal if Gursikhs mention puratan Singhnian that made all these sacrifices?
Bibian are not allowed to do Kirtan in Siree Darbar Sahib, Amritsar, due to the Hindu influence and control during the 19th century, do we also accept that to be true and justifiable?
Panth has failed to recognize the sacrifices made by Khalsa bibian, our so-called "Jathedaars" have failed to provide solid proof and reason for Sikh bibian to wear dastaar, do we also accept this act of treachery to be justifiable?

When this so-called "Panthic Ardaas" was compiled, the massacres of bloody Vaisakhi of 1978 and 1984 had not occured yet, and if today some Singh or Singhni is to mention the Shaheeds of 1978, 1984, and Khalistan movement, are we to say that it is wrong?

When we do ardas we do so collectively . So why do we need to start and form our own ardas outside of the panthic ardas. Slowly slowly every group is becoming a cult and isolating themselves from the GurusSangat.

It seems to me that you are treating the concept of 'Ardaas' in Sikhi as just a ritual. You're using the term "Panthic Ardaas" as if it means some marketing product.
Now you are calling Sikh Jathdebandis 'cults'. Shabash! So where do you, myself, and the rest of the Gursikhs on this forum fit in? Are we all, excluding you, just part of some 'cult'? Bohut wadhiya!

Please think before you speak.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
There is already mention of the sacrifice of Singhis in the Ardas so why do we need to add further mention? The panth already has an Ardas that has been approved by Sri Akal Takht, so if you want to recite ardas according to your own minds wishes then this is your right.

Ardas is not a ritual its an important feature of a Gursikhs life. During each religious ceremony/practice panthic ardas is recited. If everybody starts reciting their own ardas then when we come together how do we know what ardas to recite? This is the same problem with rehras. Oh I almost forgot, we are all to comfortable staying in our individual cults to come together and congregate with "aam" sangat.

I dont think you entirely understand the concept of "Jathdebandis". In the past, during wars Jathdebandis were formed to unite Sikhs collectively. These Jathdebandis were short lived since Singhs in these groups became shaheed. If a person was part of a jatha they were not bound by that jatha as they were a Gursikh first and foremost and not belong to any institutional form of Sikhi as such things did not exist in puratan times. Take Shaheed Baba Deep Singh Ji for example he was jathedar and served in both DamDami Taksal and Shaheedan Missil. Both groups were temporary and short lived they did not create their own branch of Sikhi with different practices , rituals, beliefs, etc. But in modern times jathebandee means cult like institution which people isolate themselves from the wider panth. If someone or some group form their own little groups with their own rituals,practices, beliefs that stray from mainstream Sikhi and Sri Guru Granth Sahib JI then they are a cult.
What has been 'parvaan' by the so-called 'Panth', to me doesnt seem according to Gurmat. Some so-called "institutions" claim "jhatka" was practiced by Sikhs in the past, and there is no restriction when it comes to eating meat, only that you can not eat Halal, and that Sikhs consumed cannabis/marijuana before going to battle, do we also accept these claims?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Let's not get too heated up on this jee. This is what I also meant if this was actually part of any written Ardaas document beforehand, or is it just passed down from Gursikhs. The fact that brahmgiani like Bao Jee did this section in Ardaas is not an invalid reason to add this in, but I think best way to do this, would be for us to send a letter in sangat form to SGPC asking them to include this back and make the correction "matt patt da rakha" and in that way we can do all the full official ardaas without hesitation.
In Ardaas up to the following Pankiti there can be no change because this is Baani:

ਤੇਗ ਬਹਾਦਰ ਸਿਮਰਿਐ ਘਰ ਨਉ ਨਿਧਿ ਆਵੈ ਧਾਇ ॥ ਸਭ ਥਾਈਂ ਹੋਇ ਸਹਾਇ ॥

Beyond this Gursikhs make immaterial changes from time to time. Who can forget the Ardaas of Bhai Jeevan Singh who when mentioning Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee used go to Bismaad and take Sangat along with. At the mention of Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee he used to mention many of the Adjectives of Bhai Nandlal jee e.g. Nasro Mansur Gur Gobind Singh! Ezdee Manzoor Gur Gobind Singh! etc.

Similarly many Gursikhs add little additions while doing Ardaas and the perfect example of this is the following two additions that majority of Panth has made:

1. ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਸਰ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਦਰਸ਼ਨ ਇਸ਼ਨਾਨ instead of SGPC Ardaas that does not mention Darshan - ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਸਰ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਇਸ਼ਨਾਨ

2. ਮੱਤ ਪੱਤ ਦਾ ਰਾਖਾ ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ instead of SGPC Ardaas that does not mention Patt - ਮੱਤ ਦਾ ਰਾਖਾ ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ

Making such small changes in Ardaas is not anti-Gurmat. SGPC Ardaas is the basic guideline and if someone makes a small addition, it's not against Gurmat. To suggest this way is a narrow-minded way of thinking.

Kulbir Singh
The concern for having uniformity in Ardaas can be understood at Panthic Level. It is a guideline. But we should not forget that after all Ardaas is Ardaas. It is not a ritual. It is praying or begging. Do the beggers have uniformity in methods of begging?
MB Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The concern for having uniformity in Ardaas can be
> understood at Panthic Level. It is a guideline.
> But we should not forget that after all Ardaas is
> Ardaas. It is not a ritual. It is praying or
> begging. Do the beggers have uniformity in methods
> of begging?

Veer Ji you are right Ardas is not a ritual, but lets not forget Ardas recited after paath and ceremonies is a panthic prayer for this reason there should be uniformity. We have already changed rehras and made additions the same way we have made additions to Kabyo Bach Benti, and people have added this addition during Amrit Sanchar which does not seem right. What is the need for all this addition? Whenever I go to a camp, or hang out with other Singhs we always have to ask what Rehras you recite during Rehras time. Why cant there just be one collective Rehras and one collective Ardas? We create our own maryadas? What benefit does this serve?

When we go to Gurdwara Sahib and do ardas collectively with the sangat we recite along with Granthi because Guru Sahib is not listening to the request of the Granthi he is listening to the request of SadhSangat. For this reason sangat silently do Ardas along with Granthi and recite each word in their heart/mind . If there is no uniformity in reciting Ardas collectively then there will be a interruption during the flow of Ardas, because when we recite Ardas daily we eventually memorize it and whatever Ardas we memorize naturally comes out when we do collective Ardas with sangat. Yes, wanting a uniformal Ardas may seem narrow minded to some but I personally believe this disciplined mentality creates much benefit for the panth; collective Ardas has greater weight in Akal Purakh Jis court as opposed to Nij Ardas ( personal prayer).

karan kaaran samarathh hai saadhhasa(n)gath dhaa karai karaaeiaa||
bharai bha(n)ddaar dhaathaar hai saadhhasa(n)gath dhaa dhaee dhivaaeiaa||

All competent God Himself is the efficient as well as material cause of all but He does everything according to the will of the Holy Congregation.
The stores of that bestower are full but he gives according to the wishes of the Holy Congregation.
- Bhai Gurdas Ji

WAAHEGURUU....

Ang 1420

ਵਿਣੁ ਬੋਲਿਆ ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਜਾਣਦਾ ਕਿਸੁ ਆਗੈ ਕੀਚੈ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ॥
He knows everything, without being told; unto whom should we offer our prayers?

Ang 323

ਜਾਚਿਕੁ ਮੰਗੈ ਨਿਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਕਰੇ ਕਬੂਲੁ ॥
If the beggar begs for the Lord's Name every day, his Lord and Master will grant his request.

ਨਾਨਕ ਪਰਮੇਸਰੁ ਜਜਮਾਨੁ ਤਿਸਹਿ ਭੁਖ ਨ ਮੂਲਿ ॥੨॥
O Nanak, the Transcendent Lord is the most generous host; He does not lack anything at all. ||2||

Ang 671

ਜਿਸ ਕਾ ਤਨੁ ਮਨੁ ਧਨੁ ਸਭੁ ਤਿਸ ਕਾ ਸੋਈ ਸੁਘੜੁ ਸੁਜਾਨੀ ॥
Body, mind, wealth and everything belong to Him; He alone is all-wise and all-knowing.

ਤਿਨ ਹੀ ਸੁਣਿਆ ਦੁਖੁ ਸੁਖੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਤਉ ਬਿਧਿ ਨੀਕੀ ਖਟਾਨੀ ॥੧॥
He listens to my pains and pleasures, and then my condition improves. ||1||

Ang 355

ਸਾਚੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦਿ ਵੀਚਾਰਿ ॥
Who reflects upon the True Name through the Word of the Guru's Shabad,

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸਾਚੇ ਸਾਚੈ ਦਰਬਾਰਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
that Gurmukh is found to be true in the True Court. ||1||Pause||

ਸਚਾ ਅਰਜੁ ਸਚੀ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ॥
The true supplication, the true prayer -

ਮਹਲੀ ਖਸਮੁ ਸੁਣੇ ਸਾਬਾਸਿ ॥
within the Mansion of His Sublime Presence, the True Lord Master hears and applauds these.

ਸਚੈ ਤਖਤਿ ਬੁਲਾਵੈ ਸੋਇ ॥
He summons the truthful to His Heavenly Throne

ਦੇ ਵਡਿਆਈ ਕਰੇ ਸੁ ਹੋਇ ॥੨॥
and bestows glorious greatness upon them; that which He wills, comes to pass. ||2||

Ang 1054

ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਤੇਰੇ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਵਾ ॥
Forever and ever, I sing Your Glorious Praises.

ਸਚੇ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਤੇਰੈ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵਾ ॥
O my True Lord and Master, may I become pleasing to Your Mind.

ਨਾਨਕੁ ਸਾਚੁ ਕਹੈ ਬੇਨੰਤੀ ਸਚੁ ਦੇਵਹੁ ਸਚਿ ਸਮਾਹਾ ਹੇ ॥੧੬॥੧॥੧੦॥
Nanak offers this true prayer: O Lord, please bless me with Truth, that I may merge in the Truth. ||16||1||10||

Ang 268

ਤੂ ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਤੁਮ ਪਹਿ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ॥
You are our Lord and Master; to You, I offer this prayer.

ਜੀਉ ਪਿੰਡੁ ਸਭੁ ਤੇਰੀ ਰਾਸਿ ॥
This body and soul are all Your property.

ਤੁਮ ਮਾਤ ਪਿਤਾ ਹਮ ਬਾਰਿਕ ਤੇਰੇ ॥
You are our mother and father; we are Your children.

ਤੁਮਰੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਮਹਿ ਸੂਖ ਘਨੇਰੇ ॥
In Your Grace, there are so many joys!

ਕੋਇ ਨ ਜਾਨੈ ਤੁਮਰਾ ਅੰਤੁ ॥
No one knows Your limits.

ਊਚੇ ਤੇ ਊਚਾ ਭਗਵੰਤ ॥
O Highest of the High, Most Generous God,

ਸਗਲ ਸਮਗ੍ਰੀ ਤੁਮਰੈ ਸੂਤ੍ਰਿ ਧਾਰੀ ॥
the whole creation is strung on Your thread.

ਤੁਮ ਤੇ ਹੋਇ ਸੁ ਆਗਿਆਕਾਰੀ ॥
That which has come from You is under Your Command.

ਤੁਮਰੀ ਗਤਿ ਮਿਤਿ ਤੁਮ ਹੀ ਜਾਨੀ ॥
You alone know Your state and extent.

ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸ ਸਦਾ ਕੁਰਬਾਨੀ ॥੮॥੪॥
Nanak, Your slave, is forever a sacrifice. ||8||4||

Ang 383

ਤੁਧੁ ਆਗੈ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ਹਮਾਰੀ ਜੀਉ ਪਿੰਡੁ ਸਭੁ ਤੇਰਾ ॥
I offer my prayer to You; my body and soul are all Yours.

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਭ ਤੇਰੀ ਵਡਿਆਈ ਕੋਈ ਨਾਉ ਨ ਜਾਣੈ ਮੇਰਾ ॥੪॥੧੦॥੪੯॥
Says Nanak, this is all Your greatness; no one even knows my name. ||4||10||49||

Ang 714

ਤੀਨੇ ਤਾਪ ਨਿਵਾਰਣਹਾਰਾ ਦੁਖ ਹੰਤਾ ਸੁਖ ਰਾਸਿ ॥
The Lord is the One who removes the three fevers; He is the Destroyer of pain, the warehouse of peace.

ਤਾ ਕਉ ਬਿਘਨੁ ਨ ਕੋਊ ਲਾਗੈ ਜਾ ਕੀ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਆਗੈ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ॥੧॥
No obstacles block the path of one who prays before God. ||1||
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login