ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sohna Munda

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
Sohna Munda
December 08, 2010 08:07AM
The following cute little story about children wearing Baana to school, was written in August 2006:

Sohna Munda

Yesterday, some gursikhs were shopping for a new house for themselves. Along with them was their 5 year old kid - N. Singh. They went into a house where lives a 4 year old girl who goes to the same school as N. Singh. Girl's mother, much to the embarrassment of the little girl, narrated little girl's first day at school as follows:

I was very concerned about my little girl on her first day of school. I went to the bus stop for the school bus. She did not want to let go of me since she had never been left alone. With some difficulty I convinced her to sit in the bus. She was hesitant and scared. I dropped her off but could not go home; so I followed the bus to the school.

The school bus reached the school and all kids came out of the bus. I expected my daughter to be crying her eyes out but I was pleasantly surprised to see that she was in a jolly good mood and was smiling. I approached her and hugged her. She asked me, "why have you come here mom?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay, dear".

"You know mommy, I saw a very "Sohna Munda" today. He was wearing a different dress (she was referring to N. Singh’s Navy Blue Khalsa baana). He had a very beautiful Blue crown (She was referring to N. Singh’s dumaala) on his head. Mom, he looked like a prince. I have never seen such a "Sohna Munda".

Apparently, the girl upon seeing N. Singh forgot about her agony and got lost in the baana of “Sohna Munda”.

When her mom finished narrating this story, everyone was laughing. The little girl got so embarrassed that she started crying. N. Singh's face too was a little blushed.

The moral of the story is that Khalsa baana is a beautiful dress and we all should wear it. If we want to be "Sohnay Munday" or "Sohniyaan Kuriaan", then we must wear Khalsa baana.

Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Sohna Munda
December 09, 2010 10:19AM
hahhaha this is so true in real life too. our 10th father has really made us beautiful through the gift of his bana....dasam pita ♥
February 21, 2012 01:21PM
smiling bouncing smiley LOL

February 23, 2012 08:18AM
Vista jeeo, is that you as a child? smiling smiley

Kulbir Singh
February 23, 2012 08:51AM
No No!

It is a Bhujangi from Sree Anandpur Sahib

cool smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login