ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cold showers before amritvela

Posted by Mann Chaao 
Cold showers before amritvela
November 16, 2010 06:51PM
WAHEGURU JEE KAA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JEE KEE FATEH !

Piyaaree Saadsangat jee please forgive me, I know cold showers have been dicussed recently in previous posts, but what is the Gurmat importance/meaning of having a Cold shower before amritvela ?

In particular:

What is the spiritual benefit and how does it aid concentration on naam ?

If you find it very difficult and almost unbearable, is it ok to just quickly wash your main body parts (underarms, feet and other body parts) and then dowse the rest of the body with cold water in the amritvela, and then have thorough warm wash later in the evening or a few times throughout the week ?

I fully understand that kesi ishnaan is a mandatory hukam everyday for a Gursikh, so again is it ok to just thoroughly soak your kes with just cold water in the amritvela, and then wash kes properly with shampoo and warm water a few times throughout the week in the evening ?

Does it have to be freezing cold water ?

does having cold and wet kes in the amritvela make you more prone to colds and sniffles ?

Any points, tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Here is some information from an old writeup.

4 Reasons Why You Need To Take Cold Showers!
By Frederic Premji under Health, Self Help

A friend of mine is 45 years old, has no gray hair, and very good skin for her age. I wanted to find out if there was anything in her routine that could have been a reason for such youthful looks for her age (all without any surgery by the way!). Leaving genetics out of the equation for a moment, the one interesting thing that popped up was the fact that she takes a cold shower every morning. So I did a little research about the subject and found 4 main benefits that you gain by taking cold showers.

Now when I say cold shower, I want to clarify exactly what I mean by that. Taking a full cold shower, meaning no hot or warm or lukewarm water at all, is borderline torture! Especially in the cold winter months (I am from Montreal, and it is VERY cold here!). Besides, there are many benefits to taking a warm shower, the primary one being that it feels really good! But seriously, what I mean in this context, is the practice of starting with a warm shower, and ending the last few minutes with cool to cold water. Here are the benefits that you gain by incorporating a cold shower into your shower routine:

1- Better Circulation
Warm water makes the blood rush to your skin, and cool water makes the blood rush to your organs. This switching between hot and cold triggers better circulation in your blood by forcing the blood to move. The ideal practice would be to switch numerous times between hot and cold water, but merely ending the shower with cold water does help with circulation. Why should you worry about having good circulation? Well, it prevents such problems as hypertension, hardening of the arteries, and the appearance of varicose veins. Good circulation improves the performance of your system and thus help looking and feeling better.

2- Better looking skin
When you shower with warm water, it opens up your pores. Then you wash and this cleans up your pores. That’s all good. When you end, it would be best to close your pores and cold water does just that. It’s good to close your pores after you are all cleaned up because it will prevent the pores from being easily clogged by dirt and oil, which causes skin imperfections such as acne for example. Another benefit is that cold water makes your blood vessels constrict which reduces swelling and the appearance of dark circles under your eyes (where skin is at its thinnest). This provides you with a young, healthy glow.

3- Healthier hair
Cold water makes your hair look healthier and shinier. As a matter of fact, cool air makes your hair shinier too (that’s why there is a cool air button on your hair dryer). What the cold water does is that it closes the cuticle which makes the hair stronger and prevents dirt from easily accumulating within your scalp. Basically, the same principle with how it closes the pores of your skin as mentioned above. Stronger hair, of course, prevents hair from being easily pulled out when you are combing, and it helps in slowing down overall hair loss.

4- Mental benefits
There are plenty of mental benefits to ending your shower with cold water. The ancient samurai warriors used to pour buckets of cold river water on their heads every morning in a Shinto practice called Misogi. This was a purification ritual on a spiritual level. They believe that it cleansed their spirit and helped start a new day & new adventure fresh. Cold water obviously helps waking you up, which is what you want in the morning. Also, it energizes you and invigorates your entire being with the essence of life. Give it a try, you will definitely feel more alive! It can also lift you up if you are feeling a little down or unmotivated.

Ending your shower with cold water clearly has its advantages. Many benefits to cold showers, as you can see. I know this is something that can be very difficult for many people to do. The key is to not torture yourself. Go about it gradually. Start with a level of cold you can deal with, and slowly make it colder after each shower. As long as you get your feet wet (no pun intended!), and begin adding this routine at the end of your showers, you will be on your way to making a habit out of it and enjoy the benefits that this practice can bring you. Who knows, maybe you can avoid gray hair altogether like my friend! Maybe the fountain of youth is made up of very cold water?!

This article was featured in The Fourth Edition of the Carnival of Improving Life

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To add to the above is another article on this subject

What to say about cold water ishnaan in the morning. In Toronto the cold water is freezing, even in summer months but the joy and alertness that one gets from doing cold water ishnaan, is beyond words. When one gets up early morning, many times, one feels sleepy but as soon as the body comes under ice cold water, one is forced to utter "Vaaaahe Gurrrrrrrrrrrrooo!!"

It is easier to put cold water in the head and do kesh ishnaan but when the turn is to do the body shower (after keshi ishnaan), then real mazaa comes. One Singh who had started doing cold water ishnaan jokingly said that he remembers Bhai Mati Daas, Bhai Sati Daas and Bhai Dyaala jee before jumping under the cold water shower. He thinks that if they could endure so much on their body, he can surely endure cold water. It was quite funny the way he narrated it.

Here are some more uses and benefits of doing cold water ishnaan:

1) You help the environment? How? You don't use hot water and this saves hydro costs and consumption.

2) You help the environment? How? You use less water and this way contribute to saving fresh natural water. I know people who use hot water waste too much water. In case of ice cold water shower, the issue is of life and death. smiling smiley So one does not bathe leisurely and stand under water for like half an hour. One is out in no time.

3) You save time. How? As explained in point 2 above, you can't just stand under water for more than half a minute. You don't want to freeze. You want to live. So you are out in no time, thereby saving precious amritvela time for Naam Abhyaas.

4) You earn Good Karma. How? If you live in a dwelling where you have to share washroom with other people, you save other peoples' time because you don't leave them waiting for too long. You are out in like 5 minutes. Since you save time for other people, at the precious amritvela time, it means good Karma for you. Good Karma because they can now spend more time in paath and simran. You get dividends of that. smiling smiley

5) You save money? How? By using less water, less hydro and less soap, you save money. Why less soap? Because if you use too much soap, it would take longer to remove it and this would mean you will have to be under water for longer period of time. To avoid this, I use just as much soap as required. I don't play bubble game in washroom like many brothers and sisters are known to be playing. smiling smiley

6) You become healthier. How? When the cold water is poured on the body, the blood rushes in veins so fast that any blockages in the arteries or veins are carried away and cleared. This translates into a healthy body.

7) Your heart becomes strong. How? The heart becomes stronger by enduring ice cold water therapy every morning. It gets this shock everyday. This way it gets stronger. It's a shock it has to endure everyday. So this means that it is better shaped in enduring shocks of life.

Hopefully the above writeup will inspire more Gursikhs to adopt cold water ishnaan in the morning.

Kulbir Singh

[www.gurmatbibek.com]
I personally feel the mind diverts a lot LESS easily towards kaam and krodh if one takes a regular cold shower.

One Singh who had started doing cold water ishnaan jokingly said that he remembers Bhai Mati Daas, Bhai Sati Daas and Bhai Dyaala jee before jumping under the cold water shower. He thinks that if they could endure so much on their body, he can surely endure cold water. It was quite funny the way he narrated it.

I use just as much soap as required. I don't play bubble game in washroom like many brothers and sisters are known to be playing
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am reading again and again what Bhai Sahib said, and I cannot stop laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Cold showers before amritvela
November 22, 2010 10:29PM
try this...get in the shower...start off with warm water and then slowly turn the knob to make the water cold..you get a warm shower and a cold shower thumbs up

cold showers boost the immune system. spiritually i suppose, increased concentration during prayer.
If a Gursikh does Naam Simran, Nitnem, eats simple food, and sleeps on the floor then its next to impossible to have a difficult time taking a cold shower. Unfortunately, many of us have become week like Goldie Locks. We dont want things too cold or too hot we just like everything warm. We have been so accustomed to bodily comforts/pleasures that our mind is willing to reject Guru Sahibs hukum for the sake of worldly comfort in this case the comfort would amount to warm showers.
Sadh Sangat Ji we should see this comfort as a disease that will lead us to a terrible death. If our feet do not walk towards ( abide) Guru Sahibs Hukum then eventually we will drown and remain blind to Gurmat Spirituality.

ਤਿਤੁ ਸਰਵਰੜੈ ਭਈਲੇ ਨਿਵਾਸਾ ਪਾਣੀ ਪਾਵਕੁ ਤਿਨਹਿ ਕੀਆ ॥ਪੰਕਜੁ ਮੋਹ ਪਗੁ ਨਹੀ ਚਾਲੈ ਹਮ ਦੇਖਾ ਤਹ ਡੂਬੀਅਲੇ ॥੧॥

In that pool, people have made their homes, but the water there is as hot as fire!
In the swamp of emotional attachment, their feet cannot move. I have seen them drowning there. ||1||

If we are wearing blue and white Bana but if we are not living like Gurmukh Swans/ Gurmukh Udasi ( detached from maya) and treating this world like our home then we are only Gursikhs in disguise.

ਭੇਖ ਦਿਖਾਇ ਜਗਤ ਕੋ ਲੋਗਨ ਕੋ ਬਸਿ ਕੀਨ ॥
ਅੰਤ ਕਾਲਿ ਕਾਤੀ ਕਟਿਓ ਬਾਸੁ ਨਰਕ ਮੋ ਲੀਨ ॥੫੬॥
Sri Dasam Granth
Guru Sahib says those in disguise well go to hell in the end.

So I would say the goal is to know that the worldy comforts of this world that makes us disobey Guru Sahib are temporary and will only lead us to suffering in the end.

ਵੇਮੁਖ ਹੋਏ ਰਾਮ ਤੇ ਲਗਨਿ ਜਨਮ ਵਿਜੋਗ ॥
ਖਿਨ ਮਹਿ ਕਉੜੇ ਹੋਇ ਗਏ ਜਿਤੜੇ ਮਾਇਆ ਭੋਗ ॥

Those who turn their backs on the Lord shall be separated from Him and consigned to reincarnation, over and over again.
In an instant, all of Maya's sensual pleasures turn bitter.

Guru Sahib tell us to take a cold shower
[www.sikhitothemax.com]

not to torture us, but instead to help us spiritually. Cold showers wake up the maya driven body during Amrit Vela; thus, making it easier to concentrate on Guru Shabad. Sikhi is a complete religion . Meaning In Sikhi everything is connected if we are abandoning one rehat then other rehats will be hard to follow. I believe the only exception of avoiding cold showers is if one has a deadly medical condition or is sick.
November 23, 2010 05:32PM
I agree with Sukhdeep Singh completely. Those Gursikhs are blessed who follow Guru Sahibs Hukams and their feet are so worthy of washing.
November 23, 2010 07:25PM
my father comes back from work really late and he does not like it when i get up early to have a shower (on the days i am able to). he has gotten angry in the past at me because of this too and now to avoid problems i just don't shower in the early mornings. i either shower before he gets home from work at night, close to midnight or if i have to sleep earlier i shower in the evening/before bed and then just wash my face hands bursh my teeth and sometimes feet before praying.

is this okay? i do this because this seems like the best option for the situation and i don't want any arguments and then i also feel bad if i wake him during the small hours of sleep he gets.

i asked my question because this topic is releated to showering so i hope nobody minded this. sorry if anyone did.
In the starting my mum was always angry at me. My father was ok with it. But as time passed my whole family got used to it. Now Mum is totaly fine with it.
Leafy jee, I understand that in your situation you don't wish to upset your dad by disturbing him whilst you are having shower in the early morning. That is good and considerate, but at the same time we also cannot upset Guru Jee by not having the morning Gurmat Ishnaan. I don't know if having a full ishnaan in the evening and then sleeping in clean clothes and bed, and then waking up at Amritvela and having 5 Ishaans and teeth brush to freshen up is OK, but it might be a temporary solution in your situation.

You have probably already tried and explained to your dad about this requirement to get up and bathe early morning, but I don't know what else can be done in this situation. If your father is coming home around 12am you could just have ishnaan right then. Rest, you can do Ardaas to help clear this problem smiling smiley !
Leafy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> my father comes back from work really late and he
> does not like it when i get up early to have a
> shower (on the days i am able to). he has gotten
> angry in the past at me because of this too and
> now to avoid problems i just don't shower in the
> early mornings. i either shower before he gets
> home from work at night, close to midnight or if i
> have to sleep earlier i shower in the
> evening/before bed and then just wash my face
> hands bursh my teeth and sometimes feet before
> praying.
>
> is this okay? i do this because this seems like
> the best option for the situation and i don't want
> any arguments and then i also feel bad if i wake
> him during the small hours of sleep he gets.
>
> i asked my question because this topic is releated
> to showering so i hope nobody minded this. sorry
> if anyone did.

If your father comes home at 12 from work and is disturbed during his sleep when you take a shower then you or the shower must be real loud. Because usually when a person comes late from work they are to knocked out to hear anything. If this is the case you might want to fill up some milk cartons of cold water. Then when you get up you can take a shower using these cartons while reciting Bani/ Naam. This will make less noise then a shower head. Dont forget make sure the water is cold. Without an alert mind its hard to focus on the bani/ naam being recited. You can refridegrate the cartons before going to sleep. Bhai Jeevan Singh Ji says AmritSarovar ishnaan cannot be complete without cold water because at Sri Harmandir Sahib the water is cold.

ਰਾਮਦਾਸ ਸਰੋਵਰਿ ਨਾਤੇ ॥ਸਭਿ ਉਤਰੇ ਪਾਪ ਕਮਾਤੇ ॥ਨਿਰਮਲ ਹੋਏ ਕਰਿ ਇਸਨਾਨਾ ॥
Bathing in the nectar tank of Ram Das,all sins are erased.
One becomes immaculately pure, taking this cleansing bath.

If for whatever reasons this is not possible to have AmriSarovar Ishnaan then you should still make efforts to make up for the spiritual loss. Taking a cold shower while reciting Bani/Naam during Amrit Vela has too many spiritual benefits to neglect. Through this special ishnaan previous karma which effects our subconscious mind get destroyed. When these thoughts cease to exist in other words when these thoughts are destroyed while reciting bani-naam during ishnaan then the mind becomes more clear, thus; Gurmantar is more prone to reside steadily in the core of ones mind. There are other methods one can perform to make up for the loss of AmritSarovar Ishnaan.

If one still wants the benefit of AmriSarovar Ishnaan and for whatever reasons cant take Amrit Vela Ishnaan according to Maryada then they should go to Amrit Vela Sadh sangat and wipe the dust of their shoes and use this dust to clean ones face especially the forehead. If Amrit Vela sangat is not possible then go wherever Naam is being silently or vocally recited and wipe the shoes of Sadh Sangat then apply the dust to ones face. This way previous sins/bad karma will not effect your chit ( thinking).

ਸਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਕੀ ਰੇਣੁ ਮੁਖਿ ਲਾਗੀ ਕੀਏ ਸਗਲ ਤੀਰਥ ਮਜਨੀਠਾ ॥
I anoint my forehead with the dust of the Society of the Saints; it is as if I have bathed at all the sacred shrines of pilgrimage.
I also forgot to mention is previous post that when wiping SadhSangats shoes make sure you are reciting Amrit Bani or/and Gurmantar otherwise there is not much effect.
So it is possible to "make up" for "losses" in keeping Rehit? Please tell me how many Japji Sahibs I need to do per day for not keeping Bibek?
By the way I am just kidding. I don't think there is any "make up". Why? Because nothing is in our hands. All our efforts are useless unless Guru Sahib does kirpa. Also, we cannot make any efforts without Guru Sahib's kirpa. Therefore the only solution is to keep on doing Ardas and asking for His kirpa. Thats what I know and believe. If "making up" does the trick for someone, sweet!
Sukhdeep Singh wrote:

If this is the case you might want to fill up some milk cartons of cold water. Then when you get up you can take a shower using these cartons while reciting Bani/ Naam.

I'm sorry, but whre did u come up with that idea Bhai Sukhdeep Singh ji?

So how many of these would Leafy ji need? And just why milk cartons? Have you or do u know of any Singh who has tried that? Milk cartons?confused smiley just like wat why?????????? i dont get it! milk cartons?confused smiley
November 28, 2010 06:22PM
i think bhai sahib meant this

[s3.media.squarespace.com]

oddslot
November 28, 2010 06:34PM
hahahhahahahahaha
May I suggest something for storing cold water? I got this off the net by the way.

Mehtab Singh Wrote:
> May I suggest something for storing cold water? I
> got this off the net by the way.
>
>
>
>
>

lol thats more like india style singha!
complete with the tuti and the baalti!
but i wud say go for it!
if that helps resolve Leafy ji's situation...then give it a try!
>grinning smiley< Xsmiling bouncing smiley
November 28, 2010 08:53PM
OMG I never even thought of this! LOL!! This is what happens when you have been basically showering all your lifesmiling bouncing smiley. People this idea could actually be the real solution to my problem! why coudn't I think of this myself ?
Mehtab Singh Wrote:
> By the way I am just kidding. I don't think there
> is any "make up". Why? Because nothing is in our
> hands. All our efforts are useless unless Guru
> Sahib does kirpa. Also, we cannot make any efforts
> without Guru Sahib's kirpa. Therefore the only
> solution is to keep on doing Ardas and asking for
> His kirpa. Thats what I know and believe. If
> "making up" does the trick for someone, sweet!

Veer Ji, Im not suggesting taking bath in sadh sangats dust is a substitute. Im merely stating its a make up for the loss of not doing AmritSarovar Ishnaan. Taking ishnaan through sangats dust is True IShnaan and destroys many sins.

Some times people who have taken Amrit live in not AmritDhari familys and parents give them a hard time about certain rehats in such cases people should continue to bear Guru Sahibs blessings by implementing other Gurmat practices. Everything in Sikhi is not so black and white. In this world some rehats become hard to follow due to ones circumstances. For example, if one gets wrapped up in their daily work and does not have the time to do mandatory noon prayer this does not mean that one should just forget it and go with their daily business. Instead as soon as they get home they should do extra bani perhaps Sri Sukhmani Sahib. Another example, it is mandatory according to ancient rehatnamey and hukums of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji to do Naam Abhyiaas with Amrit Vela Sangat.

ਪ੍ਰਾਤਹ ਕਾਲ ਸਤਿਸੰਗ ਨ ਜਾਵਹਿ । ਤਨਖਾਹਦਾਰ ਵਹ ਵਡਾ ਕਹਾਵਹਿ
ਸਤਿਸੰਗ ਜਾਇ ਕਰਿ ਚਿਤ ਡੁਲਾਵਹਿ । ਈਹਾ ਊਹਾਂ ਠਉਰ ਨ ਪਾਵਹਿ
- Bhai Nand Lal Ji rehatnama

from Sri Guru Granth Sahib JI

ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਨਿਧਾਨ ਦਇਆਲ ਮੋਹਿ ਦੀਜੈ ਕਰਿ ਸੰਤਨ ਕਾ ਚੇਰਾ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਪ੍ਰਾਤਹਕਾਲ ਲਾਗਉ ਜਨ ਚਰਨੀ ਨਿਸ ਬਾਸੁਰ ਦਰਸੁ ਪਾਵਉ ॥

ਰੁਣ ਝੁਣੋ ਸਬਦੁ ਅਨਾਹਦੁ ਨਿਤ ਉਠਿ ਗਾਈਐ ਸੰਤਨ ਕੈ ॥

ਭਲਕੇ ਉਠਿ ਪਰਾਹੁਣਾ ਮੇਰੈ ਘਰਿ ਆਵਉ ॥

For whatever reasons many of us cannot commit to this rehat. SO in such cases one should make up efforts for the loss of not fulfilling this rehat, and hopefully with Guru Sahibs kirpa we can follow all of Guru Sahibs efforts. If everything is in Guru Sahibs hand ; if we have no choice , and effort is useless then why does Guru Sahib give us Hukums ( Orders) If we are going to follow him regardless then why does he give us orders on how to act and behave . Why does he give us a conduct of conduct if its not our choice to follow him? We can only get Guru Sahibs kirpa by following Hukums. The suggestion I made about taking ishnaan in sangats dust is not outside of its hukum. I provided pangti which sanctions this as ishnaan.

I would never suggest its ok to ignore certain rehats, but we need to understand that there are some circumstances which prevent a person from following certain rehats. A person should not get let down by this instead they should make strong efforts to follow as much Hukums as possible and one day Guru Sahib will give kirpa and they will be able to follow previous neglected rehat.

About the Ishnaan question, Im not suggesting this is a permanent solution this is only temporary solution untill the person does pesh and asks panj what they should do. The same would go with you and Bibek. If you cant follow Bibek you should make strong efforts in following other Hukums in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji regarding eating. For example, eating small proportions, simple food, do naam abhyiaas/Gurbani paaht while cooking and eating foot, give food to others, invite sangat for langar, etc. Then whenever you have the opportunity to do pesh you should seek the advice of the Panj.
JaspreetSingh Wrote:

>
> I'm sorry, but whre did u come up with that idea
> Bhai Sukhdeep Singh ji?
how many of these would Leafy ji need? And just
> why milk cartons? Have you or do u know of any
> Singh who has tried that? Milk cartons?confused smiley just
> like wat why?????????? i dont get it! milk
> cartons?confused smiley

Bhai Sahib sorry for my poor choice of words. I meant to say bottles as Gagan Singh Veer Ji mentioned instead of saying cartons. I have not tried this method, but I remember as a child I went to a Sikh camp that was in the woods. There were no shower heads at this camp since we were in the middle of the woods. So what the organizers did was get groups of 5- 6 people make them stand in a row while some Singhs would through a buckets of cold water on them. I must say this was an an " eye awakening " experience ( haha) and does make one alert. I suggested milk bottles instead of buckets because bottles are more easier to refridgerate and conceal as opposed to buckets. I would assume 2 to 4 bottles would do the trick.

I have not tried this method, but I remember as a child I went to a Sikh camp that was in the woods. There were no shower heads at this camp since we were in the middle of the woods. So what the organizers did was get groups of 5- 6 people make them stand in a row while some Singhs would through a buckets of cold water on them.

well that sure didnt happen at a camp Daas went to last year in B.C smiling smiley
JaspreetSingh Wrote:
> I have not tried this method, but I remember as a
> child I went to a Sikh camp that was in the woods.
> There were no shower heads at this camp since we
> were in the middle of the woods. So what the
> organizers did was get groups of 5- 6 people make
> them stand in a row while some Singhs would
> through a buckets of cold water on them.
>
> well that sure didnt happen at a camp Daas went to
> last year in B.C smiling smiley

Well then give me the name and email address of the organizers of this camp, and I will make sure next time you go to camp this will happen smiling bouncing smiley-- waahegurrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
November 29, 2010 06:26PM
haha camps in BC are akaaaaaaaal

but nice to seee that bhainjee's problem is solved

oddslot
November 29, 2010 06:48PM
leaving cold tap water in a bucket in a bathroom all night will result in perfectly cold water in the morning (i know this from experience). i don't think guru sahib had access to refrigeration units, so i seriously doubt we need to refrigerate our bath water!
Jaspreet Singh,

What do you have written in Urdu, as signature to your messages? It's definitely not Jaspreet Singh. It says Jaasbareet Sen. There is alif after jeem and "be" instead of "pe". Furthermore gaaf and he are missing at end of "Singh". There is no need for Alif after jeem.

If you want to write your name in Urdu, it would be as follows:

جسپریت سنگھ

Kulbir Singh
haha thank you Bhai Sahib!
i just got it off the internet! tongue sticking out smiley
its not like im able to read and write urdu tongue sticking out smiley

whew thanks for telling me tho
November 29, 2010 07:32PM
Kulbir Singh veer ji, you know urdu? that's awesome..I tried to learn arabic and persian once but then slacked off.....
Leafy jeeo, in my early years, I was prompted to learn Urdu out of love for Urdu poetry, particularly poetry of legendary Urdu poet - Mirza Ghalib. I haven't been doing Urdu reading for years and this has resulted in losing much of this skill. I attempted to learn Farsi as well and went quite far but it has been so long since I did any practice and now have totally lost fluency in Farsi. I guess, if you learn something when you are child, it stays with you but language you learn in your adulthood gets lost if you don't practice it for years.

Kulbir Singh
November 29, 2010 08:31PM
iv always been fascinated with urdu and farsi i want to learn it too

oddslot
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login