ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sant Mohan Singh Ji

Posted by Unjaan 
Sant Mohan Singh Ji
November 14, 2010 05:55AM
Kulbir Singh Ji,

Some years back I believe you was fortunate enough to meet Sant Mohan Singh Ji (Bhindri Taksal). Can you please share your experience and vichaar with Sant Ji?

Thanks
Unjaan
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Sant Mohan Singh Ji
November 15, 2010 08:44AM
This is what Daas wrote on the tapoban forum, few years ago:

Author: Kulbir Singh
Date: 03-21-07 08:18

Few days ago I had the fortune of visiting Gurduara Akhand Parkash at Bhinder Kalan and it was an amazing experience. For long time (since 1990), I wanted to meet Baba Mohan Singh jee but the good fortune sprouted on my forehead few days ago only. I will write the details of the visit at a later date (when I come back to Canada) but for now all I can say is that Baba jee is one of the most chardi kala Gursikh I have ever met.

The spiritual vibrations there were spiritually uplifting. Baba jee’s laangri Baba Sadhu Singh too is a very straightforward, chardi kala waalay gursikh. It was a pleasure talking to him. In front of Baba Mohan Singh jee I just could not say anything. What a manmohani Soorat Baba jee had. For days after meeting him I could not get his chhavee out of my mind.

Baba jee is nothing like pakhandi saadhs that are rife in Punjab today. In my opinion, he is a true Gursikh, who is distance away from pakhands like allowing matha tek, promoting himself etc. He is into profound Bhajan-bandagi and he is one of the most strict Gursikh alive today, as far as sucham and rehit is concerned. Even to this day (he is about 90 years old) he follows the rehit to the max.

Kulbir Singh

I think I wrote more about my visit there but can't find it. If someone else has it, please post it.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
November 16, 2010 03:29PM
This patit was also fortunate to have had Baba Mohan Singh Jee's darshan in sangat form on sangrand of Chet (bikrami) this year. On the sangrand of every month (Bikrami Calender is operational at the Taksal) Baba Jee does katha for a few hours, sangat from all Panjab come to hear it.

One thing that struck out in particular, was the atmosphere of the whole of the Gurdwara Sahib complex. We arrived a bit late at Bhindra Kala (Moga), and entered the massive Gurdwara Sahib grounds via Baba Khazaan Singh Jee Gate (Baba Sundar Singh Jee's Father) and the whole of the grounds of the Gurdwara Sahib Akhand Parkhash were already in pindrop silence. Even children were not making any noise. Sangat was sitting all over the gardens, and gates, throughout the complex, but in attentive silence. Through the speakers mounted around the area, there was a quiet elderly voice speaking, it was quite haunting and enchanting at the same time. I thought right then, that this must be Baba Mohan Singh Jee on the speakers. We carried on with quite a long walk towards the main divan hall, and while climbing some stairs and doing Panj Ishnaans we really felt we were making a lot of noise, after this we entered the massive divan hall, did namashkaar to Guru Maharaj Jee and Sangat and then sat down. The main divan hall has very a amazing layout, on the 3 sides of when you enter (Left, Straight ahead, and right) there is large glass windows all along, and through the windows all you can see are just fields of wheat. It was quite astonishing to behold. Baba Jee was wearing white dastaar and chola with Kirpan on the outside. Just from their appearance, and the way they were sitting and doing katha one could tell that they are a hardcore Singh. The hall was probably about hall full on both sides, and everyone was just listening very carefully.

I don't remember many details of the katha, as I am not good at understanding complicated katha, but one thing Baba Jee did mention was that everyone knows what we're supposed to do, that is Jap Naam, but it is so very difficult.

Sadly, I was not lucky enough to have a personal audience with Baba Jee, but here are some points from those who do sangat with Baba Jee, and what I noticed while at the Gurdwara Sahib:

1. At Bhindra Kala they do prakash exclusively of Maharaj Jee's LaReevaar Saroop
2. Baba Jee is aged around 95 years plus at this time, and they still wash their own Kacherra everyday.
3. Baba Jee seems to be quite fit and healthy, they have a chounkRa (folded legs sitting position) that I think most 20 year olds cannot sit to match
4. They hold divaans only once a month, on Bikrami Sangrand
5. Apart from the monthly divaan, they only leave their room once a day for a period of around an hour between around 10 and 11am to take a full walk around the Gurdwara Sahib complex, it is usually on in this time frame that Sangat comes to meet Baba Jee and share some bachan bilaas. Rest of the time they are engaged in bhagti in their room (23 hours a day)
6. Many years ago when Baba Jee used to do seva in Amrit Sanchaars, they would absolutely insist that the water for the bata was pure and from a well only.
7. They are very strict in Bibek Rehat. I am not sure if Sarabloh or not, some said they were, some said not. Was not able to confirm on this.
8. Many Rehitvaan Singhs from Taksaal (and other jathas ) consider Baba Jee as the true mukhi (leader) of Taksaal, even though they do not really take any interest in these matters. (I do not wish to start any debate on this.)
9. Gursikhs from AKJ and Nihung Jathebandis also regularly attend the monthly katha, this shows us the mutual respect there.

I would like to beg for forgiveness for all mistakes, and also to request Bhai Kulbir Singh Jee and any anyone else fortunate enough to have had Baba Jee's darshan to share more.
November 17, 2010 01:57PM
[img441.imageshack.us]

Gurdwara Sahib Akhaand Prakash Bhinder Kala

Baba Mohan Singh Jee Pooran Gursikh only a few pictures of them ever taken

[img403.imageshack.us]

[img819.imageshack.us]
November 20, 2010 02:20PM
Kulbir Singh Ji,

I read that post when you wrote it, but do not recall a follow up post. If someone has it, it would be fab if they could post it. If not could you please post more from your visit.

Jaskirat Singh Ji - Thanks for your informative post.

I too have visited on Sangrand, and these are indeed the regular katha programmes that Sant Ji holds. They also perform Katha during Gurpurabs.

When I visited, I was lucky enough to see Sant Ji close by and they performed 5 parkarmas of the Nishan Sahib before entering the Darbar. Inside the Darbar it is true that there are no sound of people chatting, kids crying or running around. From what I have been told by a relative who visits frequently this is the norm. The other thing I noticed was the amount of Amritdharis in the sangat, in fact I don't remember seeing one mona. It made me think, that when Khalsa Raj arrives, this is what it would be like.

The Darbar is designed with a calming light blue paint and Gurbani tuks in white surround the walls. It is a beautiful and peaceful place in the Darbar.

Some other points my relative pointed out are:

The Singh's with Sant Ji do not eat food from outside but from their own earnings.
The food brought in by the Sangat is distributed to the Sangat ie Raisins, Almonds, apples etc
Although, I did not eat in the Langar, I have been told that they use steel cups and all the bowls are not Sarbloh.
There are signs everywhere telling the Sangat to wear simple clothes.

Unjaan
January 11, 2012 10:40AM
Excellent write up Bhai Kulbir Singh and Bhai Jaskirat Singh
January 11, 2012 10:58AM
Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

For those that wish to listen to katha or watch videos of Giani Mohan Singh ji: gurmatveechar.com - video section and present day katha section.

In one of their katha Giani Mohan Singh ji mentions that Gursikhs should not eat from non-amritdhari's and that the sangat at Gurdara Akhand Parkash, Bhinder Kalan has subsided. They then say that don't worry one day I will leave and then you can do as you wish.

I have learnt that Giani ji banned all the recording equipment in the 90's but some Sajjan's have secretly recorded katha using other devices such as ipods. Giani ji is old now and is struggling with his voice. I wish bhai Kulbir Singh ji had finished writing the additional details to his visit.
January 11, 2012 11:07AM
New videos of Baba Jee doing katha have been released at this link [www.gurmatveechar.com]
January 11, 2012 11:36AM
Correction:

"In one of their katha Giani Mohan Singh ji mentions that Gursikhs should not eat from non-amritdhari's and that the sangat at Gurdara Akhand Parkash, Bhinder Kalan has subsided (due to Giani ji's strictness in regards to Rehit) . They then say that don't worry one day I will leave and then you can do as you wish."
January 11, 2012 12:09PM
Gupt1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Correction:
>
> "In one of their katha Giani Mohan Singh ji
> mentions that Gursikhs should not eat from
> non-amritdhari's and that the sangat at Gurdara
> Akhand Parkash, Bhinder Kalan has subsided (due to
> Giani ji's strictness in regards to Rehit) . They
> then say that don't worry one day I will leave and
> then you can do as you wish."

Can you please post the link to this katha so the rest of the sangat can listen to the katha?
veer gg mein sant gg de darshan krne haan
June 10, 2016 06:24PM
About the recording thing: many years ago, I was fortunate enough to go listen to Sant Mohan Singh's Katha. I didn't know about his rule of not allowing recordings and recorded it with my phone. As soon as I finished the recording, the recording somehow disappeared and my phone was acting weirdly for a few days. I later found out that Sant Ji doesn't allow recordings. My mom told me that there are stories of high quality recording equipment being ruined when people tried recording Katha against Sant Ji's orders.
Whether you choose to believe that is up to you, but I just thought it was worth mentioning. If it is true, it would explain my phone issues (though I did it without knowing, so it ended up being fine after a while).

On another note, I've heard that Sant Ji has started allowing recordings recently.
June 10, 2016 11:54PM
One can have Darshan of Baba Ji at Gurudwara Akhand Parkash, village Bhinder Kahan, near Moga City. As a daily routine, Baba Ji comes out of their room at around 10 in the morning for Guru Sahib's Darshan. At other times, one cannot be sure if they'll get to meet him or not. On Sangrand, they are out for longer since they do Katha that day. But there is a lot of Sangat that day, so personal meeting may not be possible.
I had his Darshan last year in July. He is quite old and still sits in a Chaunkra while doing Katha. But he needs support of a Singh to get up. He was wearing a simple light blue chola with white dastar and white hazooriya. The spiritual waves around him were quite strong.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login