ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

combing hair

Posted by babeeha 
combing hair
October 19, 2010 10:45AM
Gurfateh Sangat ji

daas felt it is important to start a new topic about something menitoned in a different post...

Then he combed his hair and beard very meticulously ensuring that none of his hair got removed or get damaged, other than normal wear and tear. After that he collected all his hair that had fell on his Hazooriya and placed them in his pocket. This is when I found out that before doing Siri Rehraas Sahib, one should comb his or her hair. In the morning one must comb one’s hair before doing Ardaas for morning Nitnem and Abhyaas. - Bhai Kulbir Singh

bhai sahib,
i was just wondering what is the reason for why we should comb our kes before we do rehrass sahib??
and why we do it before morning ardaas?

sorry this may sound a silly q's but im slighlty confused confused smiley

thanks in advance

Gurfateh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: combing hair
October 19, 2010 11:52AM

i was just wondering what is the reason for why we should comb our kes before we do rehrass sahib??
and why we do it before morning ardaas?

When doing Ardaas, we should be in Tyaar-bar-Tyaar stance and one of the requirements of Tyaar-bar-Tyaar is to be ready in Baana including Dastaar. Before tying Dastaar, of course one would comb one's hair.

About combing hair before doing Siri Rehraas Sahib, I am not sure about the reason. One thing is for sure that as per Rehitnamas, Gursikhs are obligated to comb their hair twice a day. It seems logical that the timings would be Amritvela and Sandhia Vela (evening time). Before doing Siri Rehraas Sahib we naturally do Punj Ishnaana. Combing one's hair and re-tying the Dastaar seems like a natural course of action.

Guru Sahib knows better.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Re: combing hair
October 20, 2010 02:24AM
Gurfateh

thanks bhai sahib for the response. i understand now smiling smiley

gurfateh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login