Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sugar in Degh

Posted by Sukhdeep Singh 
Sugar in Degh
October 03, 2010 09:42PM
I was reading the following link about preparing degh
[www.gurmatbibek.com]

and it mentions to put sugar in the degh? I have read a rehatnama that states not to put sugar in degh?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Sugar in Degh
October 04, 2010 04:23AM
Could you please paste the exact pankiti from the respective rehatnama regarding this?
October 04, 2010 12:03PM
how on earth do you make degh without sugar? it has three ingredients, sugar, atta, and ghio, in equal amounts.

if some questionable rehetnama says not to put sugar, that's clear proof that said rehetnama is false.
October 04, 2010 12:15PM
May be Dissolved Sugar or jaggery, is used in place of sugar. confused smiley
October 04, 2010 01:41PM
ੴਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹ॥

Khalsa Jio,

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ। ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹ॥

As bibi jio indicated the degh is prepared from three basic ingredients wheat flour, Ghee, Sugar plus water. I do not know any rehatnama restricting sugar, however, I read the rehatnama which restricts the use of Gurr ਗੁੜੁ (pre-state of sugar). Most of the people think that at Guru Sahib’s physical time sugar was not there instead Gurr is used but that is not true Sugar (Khand), Shakkar, Gurr are there since centuries. People in olden times know how to make sugar from sugar cane juice it is not invention of modern era. It is possible that the refinement of sugar to white color is invention of modern era but sugar is there from centuries may be in brown in color or not purely as white as today's sugar is. What else proof one need other than Gurbani in which all these different states of sweetener are mentioned:

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਸਕਰ ਖੰਡੁ ਨਿਵਾਤ ਗੁੜੁ ਮਾਖਿਓ‍ੁ ਮਾਂਝਾ ਦੁਧੁ ॥
ਸਭੇ ਵਸਤੂ ਮਿਠੀਆਂ ਰਬ ਨ ਪੁਜਨਿ ਤੁਧੁ ॥੨੭॥
(Panna1379)

See each state of sweetener is mentioned Shakar, Khand, Gurr, Shahed (honey) and Dudh. Which means these states were available at Guru Sahib’s time and out of which purest state (sugar) was used in Degh. Soon daas will post the rehatnama quote which restricts the use of Gurr ਗੁੜੁ in Degh.

With Regards,
Daas
October 04, 2010 03:21PM
ੴਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹ॥

Khalsa Jio,

As daas mentioned above below are two quotes which talk about not using Gurr in Karah Prasaad.

“ਚਾਰ ਪਦਾਰਥ ਖੰਡੇ ਕੀ ਪਾਹੁਲ ਤੇ ਦੀਏਂ ਸਿਖੋਂ ਕੋ ਸਰਕਰ ਬਿਸ਼ਨੂੰ ਜੀ ਦੀਨੀ, ਮੈਦਾ ਮਹਾਂਦੇਵ ਜੀ ਦੀਨਾ, ਘੀਵ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੇ ਨੇ ਦੀਆ ਤ੍ਰਿਭਾਵ ਕਾ ਕੜਾਹ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦ ਕੀਆ, ਜੇ ਤੀਨ ਭਾਵ ਤੇ ਘਟ ਕਰੇ ਤੋ ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੋ ਨ ਪਹੁੰਚੇ ਔਰ ਜਦ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਛਕਾਨਾ ਹੋ ਤਬ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦ ਗੁੜ ਕਾ ਨਾ ਕਰੇ”। (ਰਹਿਤਨਾਮਾ ਭਾਈ ਦਯਾ ਸਿੰਘ)

“ਅੰਤ ‘ਕਾਮ ਕ੍ਰੋਧ ਆਦਿ ਅਹੰਮੇਵ’ ਪੜ੍ਹੇ ਅਰਦਾਸ ਕਰਿ ਜਲ ਨੇਤ੍ਰੋਂ ਮੇਂ ਫੇਰੇ, ਚੁਲਾ ਕਰੇ, ਤਯਾਰ ਕਰ ਬਰਤਾਵੇ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮੇ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੋ ਰਾਖੇ ਪੁਨਾ ਪੰਜ ਭੁਜੰਗੀਆਂ ਕੋ, ਪੁਨਾ ਸਿੰਘੋਂ ਕੋ ਛਕਾਵੇ, ਕੜਾਹ ਗੁੜ ਕਾ ਨਾ ਕਰੇ”। (ਰਹਿਤਨਾਮਾ ਭਾਈ ਦਯਾ ਸਿੰਘ)

(Ref: Page 68 and 72 of 'Rehitnamay' complied by Prof. Piyara Singh Padam)

Regardless it is Panth Parvanat (Panth Approved) to use sugar in Degh, so we should not do any Shanka over it.

With Regards,
Daas
October 04, 2010 06:41PM
JASJIT SINGH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ੴਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ
> ਫ਼ਤਹ॥
>
> Khalsa Jio,
>
> ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ
> ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ। ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ
> ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹ॥
>
> As daas mentioned above below are two quotes which
> talk about not using Gurr in Karah Prasaad.
>
> “ਚਾਰ ਪਦਾਰਥ ਖੰਡੇ ਕੀ
> ਪਾਹੁਲ ਤੇ ਦੀਏਂ
> ਸਿਖੋਂ ਕੋ ਸਰਕਰ
> ਬਿਸ਼ਨੂੰ ਜੀ ਦੀਨੀ,
> ਮੈਦਾ ਮਹਾਂਦੇਵ ਜੀ
> ਦੀਨਾ, ਘੀਵ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੇ ਨੇ
> ਦੀਆ ਤ੍ਰਿਭਾਵ ਕਾ
> ਕੜਾਹ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦ ਕੀਆ, ਜੇ
> ਤੀਨ ਭਾਵ ਤੇ ਘਟ ਕਰੇ ਤੋ
> ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੋ ਨ ਪਹੁੰਚੇ
> ਔਰ ਜਦ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ
> ਛਕਾਨਾ ਹੋ ਤਬ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦ
> ਗੁੜ ਕਾ ਨਾ ਕਰੇ”।
> (ਰਹਿਤਨਾਮਾ ਭਾਈ ਦਯਾ
> ਸਿੰਘ)
>
> “ਅੰਤ ‘ਕਾਮ ਕ੍ਰੋਧ
> ਆਦਿ ਅਹੰਮੇਵ’ ਪੜ੍ਹੇ
> ਅਰਦਾਸ ਕਰਿ ਜਲ
> ਨੇਤ੍ਰੋਂ ਮੇਂ ਫੇਰੇ,
> ਚੁਲਾ ਕਰੇ, ਤਯਾਰ ਕਰ
> ਬਰਤਾਵੇ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮੇ
> ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੋ
> ਰਾਖੇ ਪੁਨਾ ਪੰਜ
> ਭੁਜੰਗੀਆਂ ਕੋ, ਪੁਨਾ
> ਸਿੰਘੋਂ ਕੋ ਛਕਾਵੇ,
> ਕੜਾਹ ਗੁੜ ਕਾ ਨਾ
> ਕਰੇ”। (ਰਹਿਤਨਾਮਾ
> ਭਾਈ ਦਯਾ ਸਿੰਘ)
>
> (Ref: Page 68 and 72 of 'Rehitnamay' complied by
> Prof. Piyara Singh Padam)
>
> Regardless it is Panth Parvanat (Panth Approved)
> to use sugar in Degh, so we should not do any
> Shanka over it.
>
> With Regards,
> Daas

Veer Ji thanks for clarifying that Gurr is not raw sugar. The second rehatnama you posted is the one I had in mind.I also remember reading awhile back a rehatnama that stated something like this.

ਸ਼ਕਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਨਾ ਪਾਵੈ

I was looking for this rehatnama but I havent found it yet. When I find it I will post it . In the meantime could you or someone else post the rehatnama in which Guru Sahib has sanctioned the use of sugar in Degh?

Im not trying to bring doubts about degh; Im only asking this question because the maryada on how to make degh is extremely important .Guru Sahib says through his degh the panth will flourish in this world

ਪੰਥ ਚਲਯੋ ਹੈ ਜਗਤ ਮੈਂ, ਗੁਰ ਨਾਨਕ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ

Also humble request to Bhai Kulbir SIngh Ji could you please edit the link [www.gurmatbibek.com]

and elaborate on the BaNa needed for this seva. For example, the size of Sri Sahib. Double Dastar , color of BaNa etc. I have seen some Bibia preparing degh with Chuni, Indian suit, and " kirpan necklace". To avoid such mistakes could you clarify what is the right BaNa in preparing degh.
October 04, 2010 08:16PM
white sugar is bleached sugar. it's bad 4 ya
October 04, 2010 08:39PM
ੴਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹ॥

Bhai Sukhdeep Singh Jio,

I also remember reading awhile back a rehatnama that stated something like this. ਸ਼ਕਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਨਾ ਪਾਵੈ

Daas do not recall that either however, may be this is the one you are talking about:

“ਅਰਦਾਸ ਕਰਾਵ ਖੜਾ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਜਬ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦ ਬਰਤਾਵੇ ਤਬ ਪਹਿਲੇ ਕੜਾਹ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦ ਬਰਤਾਵਨਾ। ਨ ਹੋਵੇ ਤਾਂ ਗੁੜ ਕਾ ਯਾ ਪਤਾਸੇ ਕਾ ਬਰਤਾਵੇ, ਸ਼ੱਕਰ ਕਾ ਨ ਵਰਤਾਵੇ”।

(Ref: Page 73 of 'Rehitnamay' complied by Prof. Piyara Singh Padam)

In this whole Rehatnama basically explains how to invite and do seating arrangement of Sikhs for Pashada Paani and in this above quote it explains after doing hand wash, first distribute them Karaah Prasaad if that is not there then distribute Gurrh or Patasay and do not distribute Shakkar. In other words when Sikhs comes to our home first offer them some thing sweet ਜਿਹਨੂੰ ਆਮ ਤੌਰ ਤੇ ਕਹਿੰਦੇ ਹਨ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਮੂੰਹ ਮਿਠਾ ਕਰਵਾਉਣਾ। ਇਥੇ ਇਹ ਜ਼ਿਕਰ ਜ਼ਰੂਰ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸ਼ੱਕਰ ਨਾ ਵਰਤਾਵੇ ਗੁੜ ਜਾਂ ਪਤਾਸੇ ਵਰਤਾਏ ਜਾ ਸਕਦੇ ਹਨ ਜੇਕਰ ਕੜਾਹ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦ ਤਿਆਰ ਨਾ ਹੋਵੇ।

Secondly, as far as daas knows Degh Maryada is there since first Patshahi I do not know whether Dasam Patshah again rephrased the ingredients. I would also love to see that. Again as I said earlier regardless of this the Maryada of ingredients (Wheat flour, Ghee, Sugar and Water) in Degh are Panth Parvanat and they are same in all the Jathebandia of Panth. So there is no discrepancy or doubt over it however what counts is how and who prepares this. I think this Maryada that how and who prepares Degh is what loosened up in Panth that need the ultra attention not just the ingredients itself as they are same in entire Panth.

With Regards,
Daas
October 04, 2010 08:41PM
the panthic rehet maryada describes the preparation of degh:

[sgpc.net]
(punjabi version here: [sgpc.net])

b. The method of preparing the Karhah Prashad is this : In a clean vessel, the three contents (wheat flour, pure sugar and clarified butter, in equal quantities) should he put and it should be made reciting the Scriptures. Then covered with a clean piece of cloth, it should be placed on a clean stool in front of the Guru Granth Sahib. Thereafter, in the holy presence of the Guru Granth Sahib , the first five and the last stanza of the Anand Sahib should be recited aloud (so that the congregation can hear) (If another vessel of the sacred pudding is brought in after the recitation of the Anand, it is not necessary to repeat the recitation of the Anand Sahib. Offering of the sacred Pudding brought later to the sacred Kirpan is enough.), the Ardas, offered and the pudding tucked with the sacred Kirpan for acceptance.
October 05, 2010 10:47AM
JASJIT SINGH Wrote:
Again as I said
> earlier regardless of this the Maryada of
> ingredients (Wheat flour, Ghee, Sugar and Water)
> in Degh are Panth Parvanat and they are same in
> all the Jathebandia of Panth. So there is no
> discrepancy or doubt over it however what counts
> is how and who prepares this. I think this Maryada
> that how and who prepares Degh is what loosened up
> in Panth that need the ultra attention not just
> the ingredients itself as they are same in entire
> Panth.
>
> With Regards,
> Daas

WaaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa
WaaheGuru Ji KI Fateh

You are right it is much more important on who and how the person makes and serves the degh rather then what goes into the degh. Singh doing this seva should be committed to rehat, and should serve without any discrimination. I heard that Bhai Randhir Singh Ji gives a detailed account on Degh Maryada in his book about Jhatka. If you have time could you please post those pages. I have another question regarding degh and I would like to see if Bhai Sahib mentions anything about it.
October 08, 2010 08:58AM
[www.sevatothemax.com]
October 11, 2010 09:13PM
Paapi- thanks for providing that link I will read it over the weekend. IS the Punjabi version accessible online as well?

I recently found a pangti In Bhai Gurdas Jis Kabitt Swayyas which mentions the 5 ingredients and it includes Sugar.

ਖਾਂਡ ਘ੍ਰਿਤ ਚੂਨ ਜਲ ਪਾਵਕ ਇਕਤ੍ਰ ਭਏ, ਪੰਚ ਮਿਲਿ ਪ੍ਰਗਟ ਪੰਚਾਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਪ੍ਰਗਾਸ ਹੈ

No that we no for certain what are physical ingredients we now need to know what are the spiritual ingredients ( Banis)?
October 14, 2010 10:29PM
Sorry - a bit off topic, considering so much torture that cows go through, do you think it would be okay to soy milk? This would be against panth parvanit maryada however those Singhs who do not consume milk because of bibek AND/OR animal rights issue, would probably be okay to use soy milk instead.

If someone is really against diary because of bibek reasons, soy milk can be made at home while in West, there are barely any dairies that do not abuse cows or would let Singhs milk them. So essentially the degh we intake is not bibek if the cows are not milked by amritdharis.
October 15, 2010 06:59AM
"now need to know what are the spiritual ingredients ( Banis)?" - Bhai Sukhdeep Singh jee

The baNeeya normally recited for degh are

1. Japjee Sahib
2. Anand Sahib

Gurmantra & Mool Mantra are recited too

I have also seen Gursikhs read the following whilst making degh

1. Tva Prasad Swayie
2. Chaupai Sahib
3. Shabad Haazareh
4. Sukhmani Sahib Asthpadis
October 15, 2010 10:28AM
Soy milk isn't good.

Drink organic milk. Cows that give organic milk are NOT given the Synthetic Bivone Hormone, which is harmful for the cows surely, but also for humans in the long term.
October 15, 2010 10:52AM
Umkeo Heo Wrote:
> Sorry - a bit off topic, considering so much
> torture that cows go through, do you think it
> would be okay to soy milk? This would be against
> panth parvanit maryada however those Singhs who do
> not consume milk because of bibek AND/OR animal
> rights issue, would probably be okay to use soy
> milk instead.
>
> If someone is really against diary because of
> bibek reasons, soy milk can be made at home while
> in West, there are barely any dairies that do not
> abuse cows or would let Singhs milk them. So
> essentially the degh we intake is not bibek if the
> cows are not milked by amritdharis.

Unsalted butter has been stated in both REhatnamey and Bhai Gurdas Jis writings; thus, I dont think we can modify this ingredient. I talked to a dairy person a few months ago and they mentioned to me that many cows are treated like pets in the dairys. I do understand your concern that many cows do get mistreated. I think Organic Milk comes from cows that are well taken care of.
October 15, 2010 10:54AM
Vista Wrote:
> "now need to know what are the spiritual
> ingredients ( Banis)?" - Bhai Sukhdeep Singh jee
>
> The baNeeya normally recited for degh are
>
> 1. Japjee Sahib
> 2. Anand Sahib
>
> Gurmantra & Mool Mantra are recited too
>
> I have also seen Gursikhs read the following
> whilst making degh
>
> 1. Tva Prasad Swayie
> 2. Chaupai Sahib
> 3. Shabad Haazareh
> 4. Sukhmani Sahib Asthpadis

What about Chandi Di Vaar? Why does Guru Sahib tell us to memorize this bani?
Reply Quote ingredients ( Bani ...&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgurmatbibek.com%2Fforum%2Fread.php%3F3%2C8142%2C8331%23msg-8331" target="_blank">TweetFacebook
October 19, 2010 12:46AM
i'm pretty sure ANY gurbani or gurmantar are suitable for preparation of degh and of all food. i can't find any restrictions on it, at any rate.

gurbani = perfect. there can't be any wrong gurbani.
October 19, 2010 10:52AM
1kaur Wrote:
> i'm pretty sure ANY gurbani or gurmantar are
> suitable for preparation of degh and of all food.
> i can't find any restrictions on it, at any
> rate.
>
> gurbani = perfect. there can't be any wrong
> gurbani.

There is a maryada ( specific code) for preparing Degh just like there is a specific maryada for preparing Amrit. We cant just recite any banis when preparing Amrit. Guru Sahib has given us specific banis to recite when preparing Amrit at Amrit Sanchar same goes with DEgh.

There is no wrong Gurbani, but there is Gurbani which Guru Sahib has said to recite thus this is the most pleasing and best bani to recite when preparing degh or Amrit.
October 19, 2010 06:30PM
if there is such maryada, it should be stated clearly in the panthic rehet maryada. the method for preparing amrit, including the banis recited, are all clearly stated. however, the rehet maryada only states to recite gurbani when making degh. no specific bani is mentioned. therefore, it seems to be up to us.

i have seen gursikhs reciting various banis or gurmantar when preparing degh prashad. would you suggest that it is not really degh if they had recited the "wrong" path?
October 19, 2010 10:06PM
The panthic maryada does not state Keski is mandatory for both men and women. Nor does the panthic maryada mentioned that people doing langar seva need to be rehatvan.Does this mean we dont put these principles into practice? If Amrit is not made according to maryada it cannot be considered Amrit same goes with Degh. Degh is very sacred with a very strict maryada. Through Degh people will embrace Sikhi.

Im not claiming Chandi Di Vaar must be recited while making Karah Parshaad, but I do believe its a high possibility that it was recited in the past. I believe the British played some part and separating this bani from the process of preparing Degh.
Unless someone can give a different explanation to what the following quotes are referring to then I will continue to believe Chandi Di Vaar was recited in the past to bless either or both langar and degh

ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਪੜੈਯੋ, ਜਪੁ ਜਾਪੁ ਦੁਇ ਵੇਲੇ ਜਪੈਯੋ
ਔੌਰ ਅਨੰਦ ਰਹਿਰਾਸ ਜਪਯੋ, ਚੰਡੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਖੜੇ ਪੜੈਯੋ
Bhai Rattan Singh- Panth Parkaash

and

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅਕਾਲ ਉਸਤਤਿ ਕਰੇ, ਚੰਡੀ ਕੰਠ ਸੁਧਾਰਿ ।

- Bhai Daya Singh Ji Rehatnama
October 19, 2010 10:15PM

I believe the British played some part and separating this bani from the process of preparing Degh.

and what would they gain from that? do you just make these things up?

the panth has approved a maryada for every sikh. if we want to go above and beyond that (wearing keskee, doing panj banee nitnem, etc), then that is good. no one is stopping us. but that doesn't change the basics.
the panthic rehet maryada doesn't specify which banee to recite for degh preperation, period. if you want to recite chandi di vaar, that is fantastic, please do so. but don't try to push your unsupported theories as maryada that we should all be following.

i suggest next time you are at a samagam, offer to assist in degh seva. learn from the older gursikhs who have done it many times.
October 20, 2010 07:56AM
With respect to the Baani that must be recited once Degh is complete is Siri Anand Sahib (at least 6 Pauris). Other than that, different Gursikhs and Sampradas recite different Baanis. Some recite all 5 Baanis and others recite at least Siri Jap jee Sahib and Siri Anand Sahib (complete).

Bhai Nandlal jee in his Rehitnama, has written the Vidhi of preparing Degh and he has written 'Vaheguru bin Avar na kahe" (don't say anything other than Vaheguru). I hope someone can post the original text in Gurmukhi here.

The minimum acceptable standard is to read 6 Pauris of Siri Anand Sahib before applying Bhog to Degh. Of course, throughout the process of preparing Degh, one must engage in chanting Naam or Gurbani.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
October 20, 2010 09:40AM
1kaur Wrote:

>
> i suggest next time you are at a samagam, offer to
> assist in degh seva. learn from the older
> gursikhs who have done it many times.

There is a strict maryada in preparing degh. Only those Gursikhs that are Jyot Vigasi and/or are strict Rehatvan- Gurmukhs are allowed to do this seva. Since I am neither one of the two I cannot possibly help with this seva.
October 20, 2010 11:42AM
I second Bhai Kulbir Singh, most of the Gursikhs I know recite Anand Sahib ( 6 Pauris) and Gurmantar while preparing Degh.

Sukhdeep Singh
Only those Gursikhs that are Jyot Vigasi and/or are strict Rehatvan- Gurmukhs are allowed to do this seva.

Bhai Sukhdeep Singh Jio,

You have confused me, so I am not suppose to make a degh prashad at my home because I am not Jyot Vigasi?

Veerjio, there is a difference between a rehet and a ritual, if you would have written that only rehatvan singh/singhnis should make degh, I would have totally agreed with you but saying the Sevadaar needs to be a Jyot Vigasi is little exaggeration .......

Bhul Chuk Di Khima

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!
October 20, 2010 02:42PM
Sorry for the confusion what I meant to say is only REhatvan Singh and/or Jyot Vigasi Singhs can prepare degh that is meant for sangat. If one is under the belief that sacred degh is an ordinary dish then they have the right to believe anyone can prepare degh. Also, why do we only recite 6 pauris and not 40?
October 20, 2010 04:08PM
Sukhdeep Singh
. Also, why do we only recite 6 pauris and not 40?

6 pauris of anand sahib is a tradition followed from puratan times. Normally 6 pauris of Anand Sahib are sung at the end of all Kirtan/Satsangs.Its a panthic tradition. But If one wants to read full Anand Sahib path during making Degh, It should not be a problem.

More Naam Baani is always good.

Bhul chuk dee khima
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!
October 21, 2010 02:41AM
Just want to add one thing. White sugar is a bleached sugar which is processed with animal bones in it( Cow bones).Search it on internet. There are only few companies which do not use animal bones during processing to give the colour to the sugar. Check with your local manufacturer. So be careful. Also, toothpastes use Calcium which comes from animal bones and oyster shells. So use dattan. Want to add one more thing which i found recently, Chor Sahib is made from the intact tail of YAK and if you remove the clothe around its base and take the hairs out you will find a long bone at the base. So i think it should not be used. Instead the chorr sahib made from leafs and wood should be used as used by nihang singhs

Regards.
October 23, 2010 01:51PM
maha_paapi Wrote:
> > . Also, why do we only recite 6 pauris and not
> 40?
>
>
> 6 pauris of anand sahib is a tradition followed
> from puratan times. Normally 6 pauris of Anand
> Sahib are sung at the end of all
> Kirtan/Satsangs.Its a panthic tradition. But If
> one wants to read full Anand Sahib path during
> making Degh, It should not be a problem.
>
> More Naam Baani is always good.
>
>
> Bhul chuk dee khima
> Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
> Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Veer Ji can you state the reference which states only 6 pauris should be read after degh is prepared , instead I have seen references where full Anand Sahib should be recited along with Jap Ji Sahib and Jaap Sahib.

ਕਰਕੈ ਤਿਆਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦੁ , ਅਤੇ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਨੂ ਸੱਦ ਕੇ ਅਨੰਦ ਪੜੈ, ਪੜ੍ ਕੇ ਅਨੰਦ, ਅਰਦਾਸ ਕਰੇ

bhai nand lal Ji

and

Bhai Desa Singh Ji

ਜਪੁ ਅਰ ਜਾਪੁ ਪਠਤ ਹੀ ਬਾਟੇ । ਕੜਾਹ ਕਰਨ ਕੋ ਐਸੇ ਠਾਟੇ।

??????
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login