ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bhai Gurdaas Jees Vaar

Posted by Vista 
Bhai Gurdaas Jees Vaar
January 22, 2010 08:38AM
I was listening to gurbanee keertan and the keertanee did this shabad, i couldnt find any arth/translation on it.
If anyone could break it down it would be great jee.

ਦ੍ਰਿਗਨ ਮੈ ਦੇਖਤ ਹੌ ਦ੍ਰਿਗ ਹੂ ਜੋ ਦੇਖਯੋ ਚਾਹੈ
ਪਰਮ ਅਨੂਪ ਰੂਪ ਸੁੰਦਰ ਦਿਖਾਈਐ ॥
ਸ੍ਰਵਨ ਮੈ ਸੁਨਤ ਜੁ ਸ੍ਰਵਨ ਹੂੰ ਸੁਨਯੋ ਚਾਹੈ
ਅਨਹਦਸਬਦ ਪ੍ਰਸੰਨ ਹੁਇ ਸੁਨਾਈਐ ॥
ਰਸਨਾ ਮੈ ਰਟਤ ਜੁ ਰਸਨਾ ਹੂੰ ਰਸੇ ਚਾਹੈ
ਪ੍ਰੇਮਰਸ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਚੁਆਇਕੈ ਚਖਾਈਐ ॥
ਮਨ ਮਹਿ ਬਸਹੁ ਮਲਿ ਮਯਾ ਕੀਜੈ ਮਹਾਰਾਜ
ਧਾਵਤ ਬਰਜ ਉਨਮਨ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਈਐ ॥622॥
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Bhai Gurdaas Jees Vaar
January 22, 2010 01:00PM
This is not a Vaar of Bhai Gurdas jee but a Kabit. All Bhai Sahib's Vaars are in pure Punjabi but his Kabits are in Braj Bhasha. The words are easy to interpret but I don't know if the meagre translations of this daas are able to do justice with the profound effusions of Bhai Sahib Gurdas jee. Guru Sahib baksh lain. I will try to find the actual translation of this Kabit done by Bhai Sahib Vir Singh jee or Bhai Sahib Sewa Singh jee and will post if the meanings are different from the ones done below.

ਦ੍ਰਿਗਨ ਮੈ ਦੇਖਤ ਹੌ ਦ੍ਰਿਗ ਹੂ ਜੋ ਦੇਖਯੋ ਚਾਹੈ
ਪਰਮ ਅਨੂਪ ਰੂਪ ਸੁੰਦਰ ਦਿਖਾਈਐ ॥
Through eyes I see what I want to see through them; so show me the extremely unmatchable and beautiful form of yours. In other words, let me behold your extremely beautiful form.

ਸ੍ਰਵਨ ਮੈ ਸੁਨਤ ਜੁ ਸ੍ਰਵਨ ਹੂੰ ਸੁਨਯੋ ਚਾਹੈ
ਅਨਹਦਸਬਦ ਪ੍ਰਸੰਨ ਹੁਇ ਸੁਨਾਈਐ ॥
Through ears I listen to what I want to listen through them; so be pleased and let me hear the celestial sound of the Shabad.

ਰਸਨਾ ਮੈ ਰਟਤ ਜੁ ਰਸਨਾ ਹੂੰ ਰਸੇ ਚਾਹੈ
ਪ੍ਰੇਮਰਸ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਚੁਆਇਕੈ ਚਖਾਈਐ ॥
Through the tongue, I taste what I want to taste through it; so let me taste the divine taste of Loving Amrit Rass (taste).

ਮਨ ਮਹਿ ਬਸਹੁ ਮਲਿ ਮਯਾ ਕੀਜੈ ਮਹਾਰਾਜ
ਧਾਵਤ ਬਰਜ ਉਨਮਨ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਈਐ ॥622॥
(Please reside in my mind, do Kirpa O Lord; let my mind stop wandering (ਧਾਵਤ ਬਰਜ) and let me go into divine trance(ਉਨਮਨ ਲਿਵ).

Humbly,
Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login