ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What is explanation of "dhrirrahu har naam dhhiaavahu"

Posted by sadhren 
Guru roop Sangat ji..

Waheguruji Ka Khalsa, Waheguruji Ki Fateh..

In the Laavan when Guruji says the following line..

dhharam dhrirrahu har naam dhhiaavahu simrith naam dhrirraaeiaa ||

What does Guruji mean by "dharam"?

Sangatji, I shall be very thankful if you could guide me.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
"Sadhren" jee this moorakh has no knowledge of Gurbani but in my opinion I think the "dharam" word in this pangtee, is referring to the niaraa (separate and distinct) Dharam (religion) or Panth of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Jee.

Guru Jee is telling us to accept and instill the teaching of their Dharam of Sikhee (all Rehats, Hukams, take Amrit etc) into our lives and live life like this. Guru Jee tells us to do this twice in the first laav!

baanee brehamaa vaedh dharam dhrirrahu, paap thajaaeiaa bal raam jeeo |
dharam dhrirrahu har naam dhiaavahu, simrith naam dhrirraaeiaa |

I could be seriously wrong, so I would ask the Gursikhs to correct.
dhharam dhrirrahu har naam dhhiaavahu simrith naam dhrirraaeiaa ||

This Pankiti appears in the First Laav and came to this world through the lotus-mouth of Siri Guru Raamdaas jee Maharaj. The humble explanation of this is as follows:

ਬਾਣੀ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਵੇਦੁ, ਧਰਮੁ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਹੁ, ਪਾਪ ਤਜਾਇਆ ਬਲਿ ਰਾਮ ਜੀਉ ॥
ਧਰਮੁ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਹੁ, ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵਹੁ; ਸਿਮ੍ਰਿਤਿ, ਨਾਮੁ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਾਇਆ ॥

1. In the Guru's house, Ved of Brahma is Gurbani for Gursikhs (they don't subscribe to Ved of Brahma; Gurbani is Ved for Gursikhs). Do Dridh (adopt) the Dharma and this way shed all your sins. Bal Raam Jeeo is used as a Shingaar in this Chhant and means that I am sacrifice to Raam jee.

2. In this second Pankiti Siri Guru jee is explaining what Dharma (mentioned in the previous Pankiti) should be adopted. The Dharma that Gursikhs should adopt is the Dharma of meditating Naam. Simrities are the holy books of Vedic religion that teach the way of life a code of conduct. The most famous Simriti is Manu Simriti that contains details on almost every human action to ensure that the individual that follows this code of conduct, reaches a favourable destination in the next world. In this Pankiti, Siri Guru is stating that for Gursikhs, adopting Naam (i.e. chanting Naam) is the only required Simriti i.e. no other Dharmic action is required to ensure the most lofty destination in the next world.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login