ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gursikhi & Tantric Yoga

Posted by piyasi chatrik 
Gursikhi & Tantric Yoga
September 01, 2010 10:19AM
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਿਹ

Chatrik just came over a link, where an e-book by Dr. Trilochan Singh ji is available. Dr. Sahib view's of certain individuals effort to blend gursikhi and yoga has been taken to task by Dr. Sahib. Dass personally thinks its a good read!

Here is the link:

You can download the pdf format here:
Sikhi & Tantric Yoga

Dr. Sahib is the same Gurmukh who was beside Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh ji when he left for sachkhand.He is also the same writer who was involved in Bhai Sahib autobiography & many other books.

Chota veer
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Gursikhi & Tantric Yoga
September 01, 2010 11:00AM
Just to give the sangat a glimpse on why this book was written by BHai Sahib. Dass assumes this the reason....

In the book, Dr. Bhai Trilochan Singh ji has narrated his meeting with Harbhajan Singh Yogi:

Bhai Trilochan SIngh, Sikhism & Tantric Yoga
.........We met in what is known as Ahimsa Ashram of the 3HO. I was offered a chair while Yogi Bhajan sat on the mattress, looking sick and ailing. I have recorded the details of this talk in my U.S.A. Memoirs. The closed door talks which lasted for about three hours can be summed up thus: (1) Yogi Bhajan was absolutely frank in what he said and I believe every word of it. I asked him Is Sikhism the core of his teachings of Tantric Yoga? Which of these two contradictory disciplines is his basic philosophy? To this question he perhaps honestly replied that Tantra (White as he calls it) is his basic faith while Sikhism is only an off-shoot of his Tantric system. The reason he gave was that he believed Sikhism has no meditation techniques. I told him that Sikhism has more specific, fruitful, and spiritually exalting techniques of meditation, but his misfortune is that he has never studied Siri Guru Granth Sahib, and never cared to live according to Sikh Discipline......................

Chota veer
September 01, 2010 12:04PM
thank you for posting this, i think it's a must read. a lot of sikhs think the tantric yoga system of 3ho is innocent or harmless, or are blinded by their dastaara and bana. it's important that we see what lies beneath that gleaming white exterior.
September 01, 2010 12:41PM
Excellent book by Dr Sahib and thanks Chatrik jee for sharing it. Dr Trilochan Singh was indeed a rare gem. He was a very Panthik and traditionalist scholar who did Sangat of scholars as well as experienced mystics and theologians like Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh and Bhai Vir Singh.

Kulbir Singh
September 01, 2010 01:00PM
Just yesterday, I got a job offer from Miri Piri academy at Guru ki Vadali, Sri Amritsar Sahib. They were ready to pay me good money and give me good accomodation but I declined the offer. Gurmat shud never be compromised.
Khalsa is going to rule the entire world and the white, blacks and browns are going to join Sikh brotherhood.
September 01, 2010 02:11PM
BHai Kulbir Singh ji, the book as a matter of fact was made available by an ex-3HO singh, the credit goes to him.

quote="Veer Harinder Singh ji"]
Just yesterday, I got a job offer from Miri Piri academy at Guru ki Vadali, Sri Amritsar Sahib. They were ready to pay me good money and give me good accomodation but I declined the offer. Gurmat shud never be compromised.
Khalsa is going to rule the entire world and the white, blacks and browns are going to join Sikh brotherhood.
[/quote]
Veer ji,
The aim of the distributing the e-book is not to hate or plant anti-3HO sentiments in gursikhs here. Many of the things Yogi Bhajan infused into his followers are not inline with spiritual doctrines of Sri GuruBani Ji.As a matter of fact he strayed from Gurbani to a certain extent as covered in the book. Dr. BHai Trilochan Singh has for sure used harsh word on Yogi Bhajan but not in anyway he is advocating 'anti-3HO' movement . Bhai Sahib says it clearly in the book on page 19:
Dr. Bhai Trilochan SIngh
but I have made it clear to everybody that I cannot under any circumstances lend any support to any hate campaign conducted against Yogi Bhajan. I can be bitter. I can be angry. But I cannot hate. And when I am very bitter about a person I do not write about him.

In Islam, there is a religious crime term called "Bida'ah" . Which is termed as 'self innovated religious views/beliefs/practices' . On the doctrinal aspect of Guru Nanak Dev ji's GurSikhi, this is what Yogi Bhajan is guilty of. How can we blame the followers? They just followed unfortunately.sad smiley

Regarding your job, why not take it? They are still our siblings in Gursikhigrinning smiley

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chota veer
September 01, 2010 03:10PM
3ho is a yoga organization started by yogi bhajan. it's a business that tries to lure in confused youth with promises of spiritual bliss and power to be achieved through yoga. it's NOT a sikh group. there are sikhs who are also part of 3ho, and there are 3ho who are not sikhs. it's really important that we not confuse the two. being against 3ho for their promotion of manmat as sikhi, for their twisting of sikhi with hinduism and man-made garbage... this is not hating anyone, this is not being against sikhs. 3ho is in the business of making money by training yoga teachers. along the way they draw some people into sikhi and those people get confused. it's important that 3ho teachings be exposed as the garbage it is. that's not hatred. it's spreading truth.
September 01, 2010 06:27PM
I dont think Yogi Bhajan SIngh and those associated with him are as bad as people make them out to be. I have seen numerous pictures of Yogi Bhajan with prominent Gurmukhs ( BHai Jivan Singh Ji, Bhai Rama Singh JI, Baba Nihal SIngh Ji, Sant Jarnail Singh JI, etc) if hes such a bad person then why would these Gurmukhs associate with him.

A few weeks ago I had a conversation with Bhai HariNaam Singh about yoga. I asked him do you consider Yoga to be part of the Sikh religion. He said no Yoga is separate and is considered to be an exercise. He then mentioned its use is to stay fit and keep a straight posture during Bhagti. He also mentioned exercise is important for a healthy body and if someone doesnt like Yoga they should use some other type of exercise to stay fit. I then mentioned to him Reciting Gurmantar is the greatest yoga for a Gursikh and he agreed. He said somethings that I disagree with but overall he seems like a good Gursikh. It seems these days many people like to be critical of others without actually talking to them.
September 01, 2010 07:42PM
Sukhdeep Singh Ji,

Once you read the book by Dr. Trilochan Singh Ji you will see a different side of "Yogi Bhajan" as you have never seen.

Daas had the privilege of meeting Dr. Trilochan Singh Ji when I was young, and during the time he was writing this book he stayed at our house for about a week. I distinctly remember him typing away in the the night on his portable typewriter putting together this exposé on Yogi Bhajan's cult.

Dr. Trilochan Singh Ji was threatened, bribed, intimidated, and physically attacked by Yogi Bhajan's security ruffians in hopes he would not write against 3HO. Fortunately, Dr. Sahib was a true mard - a man of honor and courage. Despite the risks he was facing, he went forth and published this book. In those days everyone was so afraid of Yogi that no publishing company was willing to publish the book under their name, so Dr. Sahib published it under his own name as the author and publisher.

Dr. Trilochan Singh Ji's book unveils first-hand details of the hypocrisy and manmat that went on behind the pure white bana of the 3HO cult.
There needs to be a distinction made between Yogi Bhajan/3HO cult and the innocent individuals who embraced the organization, most of them did not know about his ulterior motives. His followers often addressed him self as "Singh Sahib" and the Jathedar of all Sikhs in the Western Hemisphere. This was nothing more than blasphemy.

Bhai Jiwan Singh Ji and Baba Nihal Singh Ji were never impressed by Yogi, however they felt it was their duty to do Sikh parchar for the sake of those individuals who had left their own faiths and donned the Sikh banna through Yogi. Yogi used their presence for his personal gain, they never endorsed his practices, and always chided him in their own way about the pakhand he was promoting.

Interestingly, Yogi himself was not even an Amrtidhari Sikh. He took Amrit in the late 1980s when his health was failing and he was being sued from various ex-members. Publicly, Yogi never regretted mixing-up Sikh and occult practices of the 3HO, even after taking Amrit, he continued to promote anti-Sikh practices under the guise of 'Sikh Dharma".

Please read Dr. Trilochan Singh Ji's book, it is 100% the true and accurate description of Yogi Bhajan's 3HO cult during his lifetime.
September 01, 2010 10:08PM

I have seen numerous pictures of Yogi Bhajan with prominent Gurmukhs ( BHai Jivan Singh Ji, Bhai Rama Singh JI, Baba Nihal SIngh Ji, Sant Jarnail Singh JI, etc) if hes such a bad person then why would these Gurmukhs associate with him.

seems yogi jee got himself photographed with lots of people...

not all of them were gursikhs.
September 02, 2010 10:34AM
Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa Wahe Guru Ji Ki Fateh!

I am so thankful to Guru Ji for guiding me to this website. In the few brief hours since being introduced to this discussion forum I have learned many valuable ideas about Sikhi. Please let me introduce myself and a few thoughts about what others have written.

I am an American by birth and converted to Sikhism from a conservative Christian upbringing about 32 years ago. I met Yogi Bhajan around 1978 in Eugene while attending the Uof O and lived in the Eugene 3HO ashram for several years. I was instantly attracted to Yogi Ji’s outwardly personable and friendly nature. Yes, he made us all laugh; Yogi Ji was like some famous circus clown. He told us things we’d like to believe and at that young age we believed all of his nonsense which you might as well have taken from the X-files. While in India I discovered a rare and out of print book, “Sikhism and Tantric Yoga” which I encourage anybody who wants to know the truth about Yogi Bhajan to read. Written by a well respected Sikh Scholar and historian, this book has been a real eye opener for me in revealing the truth about Yogi Bhajan’s sacrilegious practices in the name of Sikhism. 33 years ago Dr. Trilochan Singh said, “"Yogi Bhajan is using the sacred Sikh mantras and the sacred name of Guru Ram Das as a mantle for his Tantric Sex Yoga which will inevitably lead to mental and physical debauchery of those who take his brand of Sikhism contaminated by crazy sex-energizing asanas seriously."

I spent 30 years around Yogi Bhajan, living in his 3HO cult. Only after a severe wake up call while I was being detained in India and living among true Gursikhs, did I realize what a complete fraud Yogi Bhajan and his 3HO cult are. I know it is hard to believe when you see these young people all dressed in white with perfect bana and turbans but believe me when I say, not all is what it seems to be. I encourage you to read Dr. Trilochan Singh's book "Sikhism and Tantric Yoga" which will guide you to the Sikh Mystic Path and you will not need all these fake guru's and kundalini yoga of the material world.

What I learned in India about the Sikh Mystic Path

By Guru's grace, while being detained by authorities in India, I lived for almost one year at the Golden Temple. After visiting Guru Sahib at the Harmandir Sahib everyday, singing the divine Gurbani Kirtan and contemplating God's Name, the Guru showed me, how all the Yogic asanas I performed over the last 30 years were a complete waste of time and cannot match to 1 percent of the devotional contemplation on the Name of God. Sure the yoga and mantras Yogi Bhajan taught get you high and give you a sense of well being but these are false highs like some illicit drug; Eventually leading to corruption and destruction as we saw with Yogi Bhajan's personal life, i.e. the Premka scandal and other corrupt and illegal practices. What we are now seeing with the infighting and greed between the Unto Infinity Board and Sikh Dharma is another example of the rotten fruit produced from Yogi Bhajan's corrupt teachings and practices.

“In contrast to Patanjali's Yoga, and other schools of Hindu Yoga (Hatha, Tantric, Laya, Kundalini, etc.), the Sikh Gurus call Sikh mystic path, Brahm Yoga (the Yoga which does not use any yogic technique but concentrates on God and achieves Him through devotion and contemplation). It is also called Gurmukh Yoga (Yoga of the Enlightened), Sahajya Yoga (Natural Yoga based on spontaneous devotion and contemplation). The word Yoga is used just to mean union with God.” Dr. Trilochan Singh.

II
Eight Steps of Sikh Mystical Path
…....Thus Guru Nanak clearly rejects the eight steps of spiritual progress as enunciated by Patanjali and replaces them with ethical and spiritual discipline of his own. The Sikh scriptures also clearly reject asanas (physical postures), pranayama (breath control), nauU-dhautz (cleaning the intestine with a piece of cloth inserted in the mouth and taken out through the anus). Those followers of Yogi Bhajan who frequently quote him as saying that the Scriptures of the Sikhs sanction all these Yoga practices, voice only his glaring ignorance of Sikh scriptures. I have not known any saint or seer in contemporary or past Sikh history who ever practiced these Yoga asanas. But all saints and all scholars have firmly called these and more so Tantric practices as directly opposed to Sikh doctrines. The following quotations, from Adi Granth make it clear that there is no place for Yoga practices in Sikhism:
If a man learns all yogic asanas of perfect adepts, If he controls and subdues his senses through such feats;
Even then impurity and dirt of his mind cannot be removed.
The filth of egoism will not depart from the heart. The human mind cannot be cleaned and made pure, By any yogic discipline and restraint. It can be made pure and controlled only by seeking, Through love the sanctuary of the true Enlightener.
Adi Granth, Guru Amar Das, Vadhans p 558
For me the only asana (posture) worthwhile is to fix steadfastly the mind on the Vision of God and let the heart and soul be absorbed in such a spiritual condition of transcendent revelation as to continuously reflect on His Presence and listen to the enchanting melody of Unstruck Music (Anhad Shabad)
(a) Savikalp Samadhi (ecstasy within the realm of consciousness): to be absorbed in the meaning and philosophical and mystical contents of the Divine Word is Savikalp a samadhi. (b) Nirvikalpa Samadhi (ecstasy of the Transcendent vision of God): to be absorbed in the Spirit and Essence of the Divine Word is Nirvikalpa samadhi.
If one does the nauli dhauti karma (of cleaning the intestine with a piece of cloth), and becomes adept in eighty-four asanas, and yogic exercises, he cannot attain any peace of mind by these yogic techniques. Let him do such Japa or Tapa through such techniques for years and years and wander about in search of perfection, he will not attain genuine inner peace even for a moment.
A. G. Guru Arjan, Majh, p 98
September 02, 2010 10:55AM
Bhai Niranjan SIngh Ji perhaps promient Gurmukhs associated with Yogi Bhajan and his followers to help keep them from completely straying from Sikhi. Bhai Daya Singh Ji mentions that if a person becomes a Kusikh then one should make them become a Gursikh again. Yogi Bhajans jatha is becoming more and more of a cult because they have distanced themselves from mainstream Sikhi ( the panth), and I believe this isolation has partly been due to Punjabi Sikhs not accepting them as Gursikh. They are not the only jatha that has turned into a cult by distacing itself from mainstream Sikhi, but for some odd reason they got the most criticism.

These people accept amrit and believe in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as their Guru for this reason we should regards them as brothers and make efforts to socialize so we can help bring them back to the path of Gurmat Naam. WHen I took Amrit, Panj Pyaarey gave a hukum that " not to judge other Sikhs, if a Sikh strays from Sikhi then you should try to help such a person". For this reason I try not to judge these Singhs. WHen I talked to HariNaam Singh I questioned hin about the importance of Sri Chand and he mentioned to me that Sri Chand taught Pehli Paatshah yoga, I then responded " How can anyone teach Guru Sahib anything?" He became speechless and began to think perhaps his beliefs are incorrect. If we approach Yoga Sikhs and question them with kindness we can eventually bring them back into the fold of Sikhi.
September 02, 2010 11:16AM
Sukhdeep Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bhai Niranjan SIngh Ji perhaps promient Gurmukhs
> associated with Yogi Bhajan and his followers to
> help keep them from completely straying from
> Sikhi. Bhai Daya Singh Ji mentions that if a
> person becomes a Kusikh then one should make them
> become a Gursikh again. Yogi Bhajans jatha is
> becoming more and more of a cult because they have
> distanced themselves from mainstream Sikhi ( the
> panth), and I believe this isolation has partly
> been due to Punjabi Sikhs not accepting them as
> Gursikh. They are not the only jatha that has
> turned into a cult by distacing itself from
> mainstream Sikhi, but for some odd reason they got
> the most criticism.
>
> These people accept amrit and believe in Sri Guru
> Granth Sahib Ji as their Guru for this reason we
> should regards them as brothers and make efforts
> to socialize so we can help bring them back to the
> path of Gurmat Naam. WHen I took Amrit, Panj
> Pyaarey gave a hukum that " not to judge other
> Sikhs, if a Sikh strays from Sikhi then you should
> try to help such a person". For this reason I try
> not to judge these Singhs. WHen I talked to
> HariNaam Singh I questioned hin about the
> importance of Sri Chand and he mentioned to me
> that Sri Chand taught Pehli Paatshah yoga, I then
> responded " How can anyone teach Guru Sahib
> anything?" He became speechless and began to think
> perhaps his beliefs are incorrect. If we approach
> Yoga Sikhs and question them with kindness we can
> eventually bring them back into the fold of Sikhi.

There is a sakhi that a muslim woman who had lots of shardha on Guru Sahib came to His darbar and was wearing a veil. Guru Sahib told her clearly that if she wants to attend the satsangat, she has to remove the veil.
Guru Sahib could have allowed her to wear veil and as a result, more muslim women would have attended the satsangat and would have become sikhs. But Guru Sahib did not compromise Gurmat.
Same way, there were udasis who were ready to get initiated into sikhism but Guru Sahib told them that they have to give their udasi philosophy if they want to get Naam.
Same way, we shud not compromize on Gurmat. There is no place of yoga philosophy in Gurmat and it shud be made clear.
We are so concerned about some 3ho yoga 'sikhs' but WE HAVE NO CONCERN FOR VANJARA/SIKLIGAR SIKHS WHO ARE LAKHS IN NUMBER AND LIVE IN GREAT POVERTY.
September 02, 2010 12:22PM

and I believe this isolation has partly been due to Punjabi Sikhs not accepting them as Gursikh.

i'm sorry to disagree here but my experience has been opposite. when i have approached the 3ho sikhs in amritsar and wished them fateh, they have literally turned their backs and ignored me. i'm white, i wear a dastaar, i speak their language, and i'm their sister in sikhi. and they ignore me because i am not one of them. because my dastaar is not white. because i do not do yoga or say "satnaam" as a greeting.
they react the same way to punjabi sikhs who wish them fateh.

they are isolating themselves. we cannot blame gursikhs for this.

i agree that we should be kind to them. i agree that we should encourage them in gursikhi. we should follow the lead of shaheed bhai fauja singh and bibi amarjit kaur in this. it would be amazing to see a raensabaee with sikhs from every background all doing simran and keertan together.,. maybe one of these days.
September 02, 2010 03:43PM
Bhai Harinder Singh how are we compromising Gurmat by socializing with those that are misinformed about Gurmat. Its our duty to inform Gusikhs that are misinformed.
September 02, 2010 04:45PM
Bhai Sukhdeep Singh Ji,

How did you come to the conclusion that "punjabi Sikhs did not accept them?
You should speak to those Sikhs who have known and interacted with 3HO members for over thirty years but still the 3HO followers never gave up on all these occult yoga practices.

If you feel so strongly that they are being mis-represented, feel free to visit Espanola and see for your self, and set the record straight if you feel 3HO is being mis-judged.
September 02, 2010 05:55PM
NiranjanSingh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bhai Sukhdeep Singh Ji,
>
> How did you come to the conclusion that "punjabi
> Sikhs did not accept them?
> You should speak to those Sikhs who have known and
> interacted with 3HO members for over thirty years
> but still the 3HO followers never gave up on all
> these occult yoga practices.
>
> If you feel so strongly that they are being
> mis-represented, feel free to visit Espanola and
> see for your self, and set the record straight if
> you feel 3HO is being mis-judged.

Bhai Niranjan Singh Ji I get the impression that White converts are not accepted by a " majority" of the Punjabi Sikhs through personal observation. I have personally witnessed White converts being mistreated and neglected by Punjabi Sikhs. Many Punjabi Sikhs dont even accept other Punjabi Sikhs belonging to a different caste how can we assume they accept White or Black Gursikhs? I personally know a "White" Sikh convert and he mentions that Punjabis do not treat him kindly.

Souno Nand Lal eh saaj
Parguth krao aapnoo raaj
Chaar baran ek baran krao
Waheguru Ka jaap jpao

Listen Nand Lall with rapt attention.
I will bring into manifestation our reign.
I will make one caste out of the existing four castes
(and) initiate the contemplation of the (mantar) Waheguru.

The above rehatnama also applies to Gursikhs belonging to differnent " races". Guru Sahib says Khalsa is all and accepts all.
September 02, 2010 06:14PM
I second Bhai Niranjan Singh Ji! 3ho's whole idea is yoga kriya and it has nothing to do with Sikhi.

Bhai Sukhdeep Singh Jeeo,

Not all white converts are 3ho, there is nothing against white sikhs or for the matter any sikhs belonging to any culture/ethnicity.

I worked closely with Miri piri Academy and many prominent 3ho sikhs, everyone is not same, there are some good Gursikhs but majority of them treat Yogi Bhajan as their Guru and I repeat, they treat him their Guru. This is really disheartening and when you happen to have a calm conversation with them. They blame you of judging them.

You will be surprised that punjabi sikhs in amritsar are actually very fond of them, they try to wish them Fateh and try to talk with them, but response is very weird, initally I thought it was only with 3ho teenagers but then I found that most of the adult 3ho Sikhs also feel that they are better then conventional Sikhs.

PS:- Although we all are prefixing different titles with a word Sikh, I hope this is just for the matter of discussion. All Sikhs are same, because we all are sons and daughters of Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj.

Bhul Chuk Di Khima
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!
September 02, 2010 06:50PM

Bhai Niranjan Singh Ji I get the impression that White converts are not accepted by a " majority" of the Punjabi Sikhs through personal observation. I have personally witnessed White converts being mistreated and neglected by Punjabi Sikhs. Many Punjabi Sikhs dont even accept other Punjabi Sikhs belonging to a different caste how can we assume they accept White or Black Gursikhs? I personally know a "White" Sikh convert and he mentions that Punjabis do not treat him kindly.

not all white (or other race) sikh converts are 3ho. please don't lump us all in together. it's true that some punjabis are suspicious of non-punjabis who express interest in sikhi... but i've never had any animosity from gursikhs (other than online, which is surely my own fault! winking smiley ). why? i don't know... maybe because i make an effort to follow gursikhi, and in the end, that's what matters, not our race. it's true that in the beginning i got some weird looks and even whispers- but that changed after guru sahib gave me the gifts of dastaar and amrit.
certainly in jatha sangat i've been accepted with open arms from day one, despite my many flaws. smiling smiley so i guess i don't see much racism against white sikhs, and certainly not form gursikhs. the concern about 3ho is about yoga and occult practice, and not about race. the fact that most non-3ho white sikhs
September 02, 2010 07:51PM
I am going to raise a different issue here which may be a bit off-track, yet related to acceptance.

There is a great difference between a show piece and a gold medal, although both look equally beautiful.

Show piece

Gold medal

A show piece lies in one place, people see it, like it, appreciate it, and then go away and move on leaving it there itself. A gold medal however is worn on oneself with pride and always shown to the whole world, again with pride.

Those who come into GurSikhi from non-Sikh or non-Punjabi backgrounds are looked upon with great esteem. They are told how blessed and fortunate they are as Gurujee did kirpa on them, even if they are equally filthy in their minds like anyone else. They are told that they are the true Sikhs as they have earned GurSikhi, even if they (like several others) can't wake up at Amritvela. These are the "show pieces", because people see them, like them, adore them, regard them, respect them, but cannot accept them as a potentially future family member (as a son-in-law or daughter-in-law) because of the same old "sannu te _____ chahida/chahidi" (fill in the blank with any "caste" name you can come up with). So these "show pieces" are appreciated a lot but left where they are.

A "gold medal" on the other hand is someone born in a Punjabi Sikh family, and born into a "caste" that is preferred, and who would be accepted as a son-in-law or daughter-in-law, and then shown with pride to the world, "ah dekho jee, asi apne munde da viah eh kurri naal kraaya, eh vi _______ ne...ah dekho jee, asi apni kurri da viah eh munde naal kraaya, eh vi ______ ne" (fill in the blank with any "caste" name you can come up with)

The above mentioned scenario is not always true, and sadly even GurSikhs (be they be born in non-Sikh families or even in Sikh families) have to go through it. But this has a bigger negative impact on a GurSikh from a non-Sikh background. You know why? Because they ask themselves "When I didn't care about the world accepting me and became a GurSikh, howcome now even fellow GurSikhs don't accept me as one of them?"

A large majority of Punjabi Sikhs do accept GurSikhs of non-Sikh or non-Punjabi background with a lot of love and respect. However in certain cases/situations there are lines drawn, and the result is in front of us. Those GurSikhs from non-Sikh/non-Punjabi backgrounds choose to stick with each other. And while they may stay free from certain manmat of Punjabi culture, they are prone to adopting other manmat practices from their own former cultures. I am guessing this is where yoga has sneaked into 3HO version of Sikhi.

Now coming to the original topic. I personally define AKJ as "Avastha-Kamaayee-Jeevan", because all prime examples of Singhs/Kaurs from AKJ have all 3 of these in abundance. There was a reason Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Jee came to this earth. If we look at Sikh history, back in those days the average Punjabi Sikh was either getting influenced by Hinduism, or by western culture. True GurSikhi was being ignored. Today those who are still victims of non-Sikh and unSikh manmat call AKJ as extremists/kattarvaadi, while the jatha continues to grow and flourish as they are fully committed to the Rehit of Dasmesh Pita Jee. I love and respect all other jathebandis and sampardas as well as flowers of the same ONE garden of Sahib Siri Guru Nanak Dev Jee Maharaj.

bhul chuk maaf, didn't intend to offend any GurSikh
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.