ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Joining 2 senchiya together

Posted by Singh. 
Joining 2 senchiya together
September 01, 2010 07:55AM
If one does not have access to Laridar Saroop is it possible to put 2 Laridar Senchiya together and do seva of it as 1 saroop of Guru Granth Sahib Ji?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Joining 2 senchiya together
September 01, 2010 08:20AM
I guess this is a viable option if the Saroop of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee is not available. But this will involve the painstaking task of getting the Tatkaras of two Sainchees together and taking out the binding and re-binding the two Sainchees. This should be done after consultation with Gursikhs of your area.

Kulbir Singh
From what I have heard, during Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji's times, there were couple of instances where two Sanchiyaan were joined together and Smagams were held like that.

Personally I dont see a problem with it.
Singh ji did you meant to say taking off the hard cover of both senchia and binding it together as a saroop?

Chota veer
bhai Jaspreet Singh JIo please shed more details on this please. Sounds very interesting.

DAMANDEEP SINGH WROTE:
please shed more details on this please. Sounds very interesting.

I dont know much but thats what i heard from some Singh once. Some Singhs say that joining two Sanchiyaan should be avoided because if that happens, then its a full Saroop, and therefore we have to handle such a situation as if we're doing Seva of Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

From what I've also heard is that Bhai Harbhajan Singh Ji Shatrana(Anandour Sahib, commonly known as "Bapu Ji"), he keeps both Sanchiyaan in separate suitcases, to avoid joining them together, because then it becomes a full Saroop.

If such a situation is to arise, then for sure I myself dont see a problem in putting both Sanchiyaan together.

Guru Sahib knows better.

WaheGuruJiKaKhalsa ll WaheGuruJiKiFateh ll
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login