ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wearing Two Sri Sahibs?

Posted by Anand_mangal 
Wearing Two Sri Sahibs?
August 26, 2010 01:07PM
I have heard from alot of gursikhs that it is better to wear two sri sahibs ( i.e. one small underneath and one larger on the top.)
This led to abit of curiosity, that is there a particular reason to this, or is it just 2 strenghthen Rehit? Also do both sri sahibs have to be work 24/7 i.e. sleep bath etc
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Wearing Two Sri Sahibs?
August 26, 2010 02:13PM
ok, i'm no expert, but here's how i understand it from a practical perspective.

one kirpaan is your kakkar. you always wear it, 24x7. it's usually underneath your clothes for practical reasons (dressing and moving the kirpaan from underneath to outside of the clothes seems silly when you can just add a second one over top, right?).
the second sri sahib is a shastar, not a kakkar. theoretically we should wear it as much as possible, but in the west, where we can't go around in public with a large shastar, we usually just wear it to gurdwara, samagams, etc. because we have our kakkar underneath our clothes, it makes it easy to remove the outer sri sahib if we have to stop at the grocery store on the way to the gurdwara or something.

hopefully some more experienced sangat can add more...
August 26, 2010 04:53PM
daas wears three sri sahibs, i dont think it really matters if you think one is kakkar and the other isnt. i wear both and i think of both as kakkars. i like to think of the smaller one i wear underneath is an emergency one incase soemthing happens to the larger one i have ontop. also i keep a kirpan in my dastar as well, in the mian not like shastars in dastar but just one small one attatched to one of my kangai(i wear two kangai). i think keeping double kakkars is nice incase anything happens. smiling smiley

oddslot
August 26, 2010 07:09PM
daas has heard of gursikhs wearing two of each kakkaar
August 26, 2010 07:52PM

i dont think it really matters if you think one is kakkar and the other isnt.

it matters to me. smiling smiley i never remove my kakkars. i do, however, remove my larger sri sahib or other shastar when it's not practical/possible to wear it. hence the distinction.
August 26, 2010 10:03PM
oh bus teek yaa.... you can remove the bigger sri sahib that doesnt mean its not worthy of being a kakkar, just see it as another kakkar, wearign double kangai,keskis, kripans, karai isnt gonna kill anyone is it?cool smiley

oddslot
August 27, 2010 11:21AM
veerjee, no one is saying worthy or not worthy.

guru sahib gave us panj kakkars, which we are not to remove from our body. panj. not six or ten. so why change it? smiling smiley
August 27, 2010 01:33PM
bus teek ya bhainjee

oddslot
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login