ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kaam Krodh Naa Moheeai Binshai Lobh Suaan ll

Posted by JaspreetSingh 
WaheGuruJiKaKhalsa ll WaheGuruJiKiFateh ll

Kaam Krodh Naa Moheeai Binshai Lobh Suaan ll

Sadhsangat ji, the above pankti is taken from Barah Maha Manjh. The meaning of this pankti is that by doing extreme Naam Abyaas, Kaam and Krodh are extinguished. The second half of the pankti suggests the dog Lobh is also destroyed. Then GuruSahib says:
Sachai Maarg Chaldeaa Ustat Karai Jahaan ll
Walking on the path of righteousness, the path that is thinner then hair and sharper then two edged sword, the whole world praises, and you are also praised are receive respect in the next world.

In Oankaae Baani, GuruNanakSahib has warned:
Kaam Krodh Kaanyeaa Ko Gaalai ll Jio Kanchan Sohaga Dhaalai ll

meaning Kaam and Krodh rot the body. But it seems these days, some Gurmukh Pyaare have seem to forget the paviter updesh of GurBaani, and some of their vichaars are anti-gurmat and Kaam-based. May GuruSahib bless with sharda and pyaar for GurSikhi and extreme Kamaai of Naam and Baani.GuruSahib Kirpa Karan.

It is also known that with ,Kaam, comes Krodh. The two are brothers. Lets look at a historical point of view.

This story is of Bhai Joga Singh, a Sikh during the time of PitaGuruGobindSinghJee
When the Anand Kaaraj of Bhai Joga Singh was being performed, during the Anand Kaaraj, Bhai Joga Singh Ji received a letter from DasamPatshaah, which read as soon as you read this, come visit me. Bhai Joga Singh ji left his wedding, sat on a horse and took off for AnandpurSahib to meet DasmeshPitaa. On the way he kind of developed a big of ego, he thought to himself, what kind of Sikh leaves his own wedding to meet SatGuru? Truly I'm a true Sikh.
On the way, Bhai Sahib passed through a brothel. And suddenly he stopped. He saw a prostitute standing outside the brothel, and had a sudden of spending the night with her. As he got closer, he saw a guard standing who yelled at Bhai Joga Singh "Oh Singhaa! What are you doing here? You are a Sikh of the Guru! Go, get lost." Hearing this Bhai Sahib was frustrated. See now comes Krodh. Throughout the whole night, the kept looking back at the brothel, and everytime he would go near it, the same guard would be standing there, and the guard would say thing over and over again.
Now it was AmritVela, and Bhai Joga Singh thought to himself "What have I done? My Guru called me...and this is where I am! Now its AmritVela, and I should Japp Naam!" Thinking this, Bhai Joga Singh sped off for AnandpurSahib, and when he reached Guru Darbar, he saw GuruSahib looked really tired. He went and bowed his head to GuruSahib, and asked DasamPitaJi what was the matter? And GuruSahib answered"Oh Jogeaa! The whole night I had to protect you from that kanjri(prostitute), I had to stand guard to protect you! You didnt let me sleep! And now you're asking what's the matter?"
Bhai Joga Singh understood his mistake and apologized and promised to watch and fight against the urges of Kaam and Krodh. GuruSahib happily forgave him and showered him with many blessings.

The above narrated story clearly proves that GuruSahib is always, in one form the another, looking out for us. Let's not make the same mistake of Bhai Joga Singh of not realizing that it is actually GuruJi.

It is also evident to see clearly these days how many excuses some GurSikhs will make to defend their Kaam! In reality, all they're really saying is that:
1) They have no Amritvela.
2) They have no sharda for Sikhi.
3) They dont see GuruJi in people, in animals, in plants, in ground, in the sky etc.
4) They only have Kamaai of Nitnem.
5) Etc.

Now Sadhsangat ji, how much protection is GuruSahib going to give us, if we dont show any love whatsoever, if any? GuruSahib is ever forgivable, but we dont understand it. It is evident that especially in the some of the Sikh youth these days, Kaam is a major factor. Some start thinking about marriage in their teens and WaheGuru what else goes on in their minds! WaheGuru!!!

May GuruSahib do Kirpaa of Naam-Baani and save Kaljugi Jeevs such as me from the evil force of Kaam.
WaheGuru Kirpaa Karan.

WaheGuruJiKaKhalsa ll WaheGuruJiKiFateh ll
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Excellent writeup Jaspreet Singh jeeo. A Sikh falls prey to the 5 Bhoots only when he comes out of heavely refuge of Guru Sahib. So long as the Sikh is under the divine protection of Naam, nothing can harm him.

May Guru Sahib bless us with Naam Jaap.

Kulbir Singh

Excellent writeup Jaspreet Singh jeeo. A Sikh falls prey to the 5 Bhoots only when he comes out of heavely refuge of Guru Sahib. So long as the Sikh is under the divine protection of Naam, nothing can harm him.

May Guru Sahib bless us with Naam Jaap.

Bhai Sahib, its with Guru's grace this idea came to mind and the article was written. This Daas has very narrow understanding of GurBaani and Naam.
It may be off the topic, but it is related with the SAKHI of Bhai Joga Singh Ji. What was the tradition of Anand Karaj or Lavan, when Bhai Joga Singh was having that. Was it LAVAN from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji? Was Guru Granth Sahib Ji there?How were the Anand Karaj ceremonies performed during Guru Sahib times? Since Guru Nanak Sahib times?
MB Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It may be off the topic, but it is related with
> the SAKHI of Bhai Joga Singh Ji. What was the
> tradition of Anand Karaj or Lavan, when Bhai Joga
> Singh was having that. Was it LAVAN from Sri Guru
> Granth Sahib Ji? Was Guru Granth Sahib Ji
> there?How were the Anand Karaj ceremonies
> performed during Guru Sahib times? Since Guru
> Nanak Sahib times?

haha...only Guru Sahib knows veer.
what a questioneye popping smiley
Janamsakhis state that Guru Nanak Sahib Ji wrote Gurbani (some say IkOankaar) on a slate and took rounds around it. His marriage was not performed according to Hindu rites. Even much altered janamsakhi of Bhai Bala Ji confirms this. This was developed further and Guru Amardas Ji gave us our death, birth and Anand ceremonies. Guru Raam Das Ji composed Laavan to be recited during Anand Karaj (hence the pankti "Arambh Kaaj Rachaeya"). Twarikh Guru Khalsa states that Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Anand with Mata Sahib Kaur was performed according to Anand Karaj. Raagis did kirtan and the couple took rounds around Gurbani which was available in many forms such as pothis, gutkas and full saroops. If you spend some time looking through puratan sources you will find the information and some sakhis that point towards Anand Karaj. Singh Sabha did not invent this ceremony as preached by some Sanatanis and Arya Samajis since the first Anand Karaj after Misal period is recorded to have taken place in 1807 (of Baba Dyal Nirankari) at dera of Bhai Buddhu Ji Nirmala. Guru Rakha
Bijla Singh Jee is right. Some modern sanatanist elements now days are claiming that Anand Karaj is a Singh Sabha invention, when in fact before Singh Sabha the ealy Nirankaris had revived this puraatan Sikh tradition. Singh Sabha is wrongly called the Sikh reformist movement even by many Sikhs. In actuality, the Singh Sabha was a "Sikh revivalist movement", and that is what we need to call it. This great movement removed many innovations and deviation that had crept into the Panth while reviving puraatan traditions.
Thank you Veer Bijal Singh Ji, for your summary input about Anand Karaj tradition.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login