ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gurbani and NASA

Posted by MB Singh 
Gurbani and NASA
August 14, 2010 01:53PM
At the following Address we find the article about Gurbani and NASA. Harminder Kaur Bhein Ji has shown link to that blog. This news has also found place in Punjabi News paper. The first para is pasted below.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji message to NASA —-Beat you to it….
August 5, 2010 by fromthese5tothose5

There have been claims that an English translation of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji finds itself at home at NASA and that the NASA scientist turn to Guru Ji for inspiration. NASA has been quiet on this issue and there is no information available if any of the claims are true. Search of the internet did not yield much result about the connection between the two but did lead to an interesting discovery about Sikhs. Some Sikhs feel that somehow having confirmation that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji does have a place in NASA, would make Sikhism superior to other religions. This connection that has popped up between NASA and Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is not there to fill Sikhs with false pride. It is not for us to run around trying to confirm it, so we can brag about it. This connection is yet another reminder for all Sikhs what a priceless treasure Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is for anyone that is willing to listen. NASA wastes millions of dollars trying to answer questions Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji answers for frees for anybody that is willing to listen with an open mind and an open heart. Some of those questions are: “How vast is the universe?” “How was it created?” “How will it end?”
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Gurbani and NASA
August 14, 2010 02:06PM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Veer Ji, did I write something wrong? And I was not aware of this making any punjabi newspapers....just saw it on some blogs and discussion websites. Sorry If I said something wrong. i will remove it immediately, just tell me. thank you

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji ki Fateh
August 14, 2010 06:47PM
May be Bhein Ji has misunderstood, because I did not add any comments. There is nothing wrong in the article. I thought it informative and interesting, so I shared it with the sangat. That is inspiring. As Bhein Ji, concludes in the end of the article, that is also very thought provoking. She is right to say that we should draw lessons for ourselves, in incidents like this. Keep it up Bhein Ji.

No one can confirm the importance of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji by turning to it for inspiration. It is useless to even think about NASA turning to Guru Ji. Instead we should think about why, why if it doesn’t matter, this came up? Waheguru Ji didn’t bring this topic to light to raise the Sikhs above everyone else. He brought it to give us a slap in the face and wake us up. To open our eyes to the priceless treasure we have in the form of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Guru Ji answers many questions NASA can’t and yet we listen more carefully to NASA then Guru Ji. This is a reminder to all Sikhs, turn to Guru Granth Sahib Ji and you’ll never need to look elsewhere or need any confirmation.
August 14, 2010 09:55PM

Veer Ji, I am sorry, I didn't mean to misunderstand. I am just very scared of saying the wrong things. I love Sikhi and want to be a good Sikh, writing helps me process things and learn better for myself. Blogging it helps me connect to Sikhs that know more then me, so they can correct any misunderstandings I might have.

I recently started focusing on being a good Sikh and started learning the importance of it. The more I learn about it, the more I also see the people that are spreading anti-Sikhi stuff. saying things against Sri Dasam Granth Ji and other aspects of Sikhi. It scares me because I don't want people to think I am like that because I wrote something by mistake. So as soon as someone makes a comment about anything I write, I immediately like to make sure I didn't make a mistake. I don't want to be one of the people that breaks people from Sikhi because Sikhi is beautiful.

Sorry about the rambling. Please forgive your little sister for misunderstanding. And also guide me in the future from making any mistakes.

August 15, 2010 12:13PM

Some Sikhs feel that somehow having confirmation that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji does have a place in NASA, would make Sikhism superior to other religions. This connection that has popped up between NASA and Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is not there to fill Sikhs with false pride. It is not for us to run around trying to confirm it, so we can brag about it.

this is fantastic. i've seen a lot of those stories. sri guru granth sahib jee at NASA, some western atheist says is such and such about sikhi, etc, but no one can ever provide any actual proof or source. seems they're too busy basking in the pride of how much better sikhi is than other faiths. why would anyone make up an excuse for sikhi to be great? sikhi is already great. guru sahib is already perfect. we don't need validation from outside sources to make it so.

thanks for posting this. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login