ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

mistakes in gurbani writing

Posted by sarblohlove 
mistakes in gurbani writing
August 04, 2010 10:59AM
When making a mistake while writing gurbani, is it ok to use tipex? It's getting abit much for me to write everything all over again.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Maybe a good idea would be to use pencil and then when everything is 100% correct you can go over it in pen? That way by using a good quality pencil and eraser one would also avoid unsightly tippex marks. I would just like to say I have zero experience in Gurbani writing, just a thought.
It's okay to use a white-out to correct mistakes when writing Gurbani. In olden days, they used to use a material similar to white-out and it was called Hadtaal.

But remember that whiteout is only good for small and minor mistakes. If you write a whole word incorrectly, it's better to use labels. Labels are White labels (that stick) that are used for writing addresses on letters. Address is typed on a label and then it is sticked to the letter. I cut the label to the size required, with scissors, and then paste it over the incorrectly written word. Then write over it. It blends in perfectly. Even the printed saroops have corrections done with labels.

In case you make bigger mistake like skipping a whole line, then it's better to write the whole Ang over again.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login