ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kirpa through Karah

Posted by MB Singh 
Kirpa through Karah
July 06, 2010 04:45PM
Following is a querry by a Veer Ji on AKJ website. Some of the points are new, especially that how Karah came to be related with Kirpa. Veer Bhein Ji here, can more effectively respond, I think.

It is well known that Deg-kaddah Parshad is essential in gurdwars n daily sikh life.
Is order of Guru sahib to prepare deg both times a day, where Guru sahib's Parkash is there ....
its maryada that before doing any new Job Ardaas n deg is essential for a sikh, henced its an integrated part of sikh life right frm Guru Nanak Sahib ji, .... Deg teg Fateh ....

So PLZ all gursikh ji, somebody tell me wot does word "DEG" means ???

wot is word "Kaddah pARSHAD" MEANS ACCORDING TO gURBANI n sikhism ???

why it is considered n treated as parshad (kirpa) ??? wot's d logic behind it, ???

PLZ Try to prove , how this edible dish is "KIRPA" .... ??? Wot change it brings in Spirtual life of a person ????
wots the right n correct maryada of preparing, distributing DEG according to tat gurmat maryada???
give answer with logics .... from gurbanin some other solid proofs ...
also suggest its recipe ... n prepration n distributing precautions .....
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Kirpa through Karah
July 07, 2010 08:56PM

So PLZ all gursikh ji, somebody tell me wot does word "DEG" means ???

Degh is a Farsi word and literally it means such utensil that is used for cooking. Over the years, words change meaning and Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee used this word in the meanings of Langar - ਦੇਗ ਤੇਗ ਜਗ ਮੇ ਦੋਉ ਚਲੈ.

Since Karah Parshad is made in Degh, over the years, Karah Parshad itself came out to be known as Degh.

wot is word "Kaddah pARSHAD" MEANS ACCORDING TO gURBANI n sikhism ???
why it is considered n treated as parshad (kirpa) ??? wot's d logic behind it, ???

I don't believe the word Parshaad here means Kirpa but it means food. The word Prasaad means Kirpa and Parshaad means food.

According to the writings of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee, whoever gets even one Gaffa of Degh prepared according to full Gurmat Maryada by Bibeki Gurmukhs of Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee, eventually gets Sikhi, in next life if not in this life. This means that Degh distribution and Degh sewa too results in Gurmat Parchaar.

For maryada on preparation of Degh, please refer to the following link:

[www.gurmatbibek.com]

Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login