ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is yeast bibeki

Is yeast bibeki
July 06, 2010 04:08PM
Most of the sarblohee singhs use yeast while making breads. I have red online that it is a kind of bacteria, then how can it be bibeki. Making bread is quite simple than making chappatis,please put some light
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Is yeast bibeki
July 08, 2010 09:05AM
Guru Piyare jio,

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh

I think a health professional can tell better whether the consumption of yeast is good or bad thing to the health but if your concern is eating bacteria (live cultures) due to the reason that a Gursikh is prohibited from eating meat then I would suggest eating meat and this concern is totally different because Dahee (yogurt/curd) has more live cultures and that is been eaten by GurSikhs every day from centuries. As no killing is involved in this process because these cultures remain live while the stay in your stomach so no Gurmat principle is infringed. Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Jee who was strongly against consuming meat he himself wrote in one of his books that although meat is prohibited by Gurmat tradition but that does not mean we should not breath the air because in natural air there are many bacteria (kirams) which can not be seen by naked eye goes into our body with breath and because this is a natural phenomena of human body so we can not say that any Gurmat principle is broken.

Having said that, I think consumption of good bacteria does not fall under anti Gurmat tradition. Baaki Guru Sahib knows better.

With Ragards,
Daas
July 08, 2010 03:50PM
Bhai Jasjit Singh jee has written everything that I wanted to write. Yeast is one of the ingredients to make bread and using ingredients is just fine.

Kulbir Singh
Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa waheguru Ji ki fateh,

bhai jasjeet Singh Ji I m pleased with ur bachans but my concern was really not to compare yeast as a non- veg item , actually I was wondering abt the fact that when we buy yeast from the market , it is in the processed form and god knows how many hands are used in making it.

Bhai kulbir singh Ji it is hard to say that all ingriedint are mostly bibeki

daas khima da jachak hai
July 12, 2010 06:14PM
first, yeast is not a bacteria, it is a fungus (plant), like mushrooms. smiling smiley

yeast is simply grown from more yeast. it's grown in a sterile tank, and no pesticides or adultrants are used as they would kill the yeast. the yeast is extracted from the liquid through a centrifuge (it's simply spun around really fast). the dry yeast is extracted. because the process must be sterile, it's never touched by any hands at all.

it's no less bibek than eating wheat that's had the hull removed and been ground by a machine.
i really thanks akal purakh as the singhs hve cleared my doubts . i always found it easy making breads than making chapattis as i ma bhujangi singh and make my parshada myself. i was confused about the fact as when i make bread a very strange smell comes from it, may be i dont make it the proper way.
March 23, 2017 09:42PM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Guru Piareo,

We used to use Tandaco Dry yeast
[wowpmediaaae.azureedge.net]

Just read ingredient 491 on that, which seems to be derived from animal fat. Which yeast you all use or kindly advise some alternative.

Thanks
March 26, 2017 07:27PM
bhul chuk muaf Vahiguroo Jio,
Je this is against rehit, but I thought I should share jio_/\_

[rotimatic.com]

meri matt toree Guru Nanak kirpa Jio_/\_
March 28, 2017 10:08PM
mooooorakh Wrote: We have checked with that company, they said everything in that is vegan.
-------------------------------------------------------
> Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
> Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
>
> Guru Piareo,
>
>
> We used to use Tandaco Dry yeast
> [wowpmediaaae.azureedge.net]
> uctimages/medium/039156.jpg
>
> Just read ingredient 491 on that, which seems to
> be derived from animal fat. Which yeast you all
> use or kindly advise some alternative.
>
> Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login