ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Non-AKJ Organizations and the Issue of Dastaar

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
The issue of Keski Vs Kakaar has been debated many times but one thing that I have noticed is that many gursikhs who don’t accept keski to be Kakaar, still acknowledge that keski is a must for both Bibyaan and Singhs. I think irrespective of whether one accepts Keski as Kakaar or not, the whole Panth should be Dastaar-dhaari i.e. should adopt Dastaar.

There are many Sikh Jathebandis that do not accept Dastaar as a Kakaar but feel that it should be mandatory for both men and women. I personally know some non-Jatha Singhs who do sewa in Punj Pyare and feel that dastaar should be mandatory for both men and women, though not a Kakaar. If we, for a moment, forget that Keski is a Kakaar or not, and focus on getting the whole Panth (including women) to wear Dastaar, it would bring revolution in the Panth.

Sikh Panth believes in equality of males and females. The equality is twofold i.e. equality in rights and equality in duties. The equality in rights include the right of women to hold any office or do any sewa that men can do, provided they qualify. The equality of duties include following the same rehit of Kakaars, nitnem, kurehits etc.

Let us talk more about equality in carrying out Khalsa duties. A Singh must do prescribed nitnem everyday. The duty is the same for Kaurs. Singhs must stay away from the 4 Bajjar Kurehits. Kaurs too should stay away from the 4 Bajjar Kurehits. Singhs must wear 5 Kakaars. Kaurs too should wear 5 Kakaars. Singhs must give out tenth part of their earnings as Daswandh, to Khalsa Panth and the duty of the Kaurs is the same. Singhs must be ready to sacrifice their life for the upliftment or honour of Sikh Panth. Kaurs too must be prepared to do the same. Singhs must get up at amritvela and the duty for Kaurs too is the same. Singhs must do Naam Abhyaas in the morning. Kaurs too must do the same. All duties for men and women are same in Sikh Dharma. Why should there be a difference in the duty of wearing a Dastaar?

Some may argue that wearing Dastaar is not a duty but a pleasure and I don’t disagree with this. If wearing Dastaar is a pleasure (just like all other rehit), then too why should the Kaurs be deprived of this pleasure?

The bottom line is that both Singhs and Bibiyaan must wear a Dastaar. Non-AKJ organizations can forget the Keski-Kakaar issue and work towards making Dastaar a mandatory rehit for all Sikhs (males and females). This will bring awesome Chardi Kala to our Panth.

May Guru Sahib make whole Khalsa Panth Dastaardhari (Dastaar-wearing).

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
i agree whole heartedly.

i've always found it strange that while 99% of the Sikh Rehet Maryada (published by SGPC) is aimed at both men and women, only one line- "Men must tie a turban, women may or may not tie turban," separates the genders. it makes no sense.

when people ask me, i usually tell them... when guru sahib said, "saabat soorat dastaar sira", he never added, "men only" afterwards. in fact, guru sahib speaks of all souls as being female!

gurbani is for both genders. rehet is for both genders. and guru sahib''s gifts are of course for both genders.

thanks for bringing up this topic, it's dear to my heart. smiling smiley
hanji taksal maryada also says that although keski is not dastar a small dastar should be worn
I dont understand Sri Dasmesh Pita Ji told Bhai Desa Singh Ji that Kes is my Mohar( stamp) and give Kes upmost respect by washing it with milk/oil, and incense flowers. To comb kes twice a day with a kanga and then cover kes with a dastar and place the kanga in the dastar. Bhai Nand Lal Ji has mentioned something very similar to what was told to Bhai Desa Singh Ji. Furthermore Guru Sahib mentions in Sri Dasam Granth that kes is his symbol ( nishan). So I dont understand why any Gursikh who keeps kes does not want to give it the respect it deserves? Why are they so intimidated by others. Do they feel that its best to be intimidated by others rather then to please Guru Sahib.

Guru Sahib said carefully to both Bhai Desa Singh Ji, Bhai Daya Singh Ji, and Bhai Nand Lal to comb kes twice a day with a kangha , and then properly cover kes with a dastar. Surely this is for the respect of Kes. How can someone read this Hukumnama by Guru Sahib and then ignore it?

In the past only High Muslim priest and High Rank Muslim officials were allowed to wear dastar as it was a symbol of royalty. Guru Hargobind Sahib afforded this right to the Panth. Then Dasmi Paatshah further afforded this right to his princes and princesses by making it a duty to keep dastar. Singhs and Singhnis died for this right. Now people volunteer to give up this right.
Those who do consider Keski Rehat good for women; but are not ready to accept it as Kakkar; must pay attention to the fact that it is very difficult to maintain a Rehat for centuries; unless it is tagged Mandatory. Sikh community should be grateful to those; who have commuted this Rehat as Kakkar to the present Sikh woman. Had it not been hold as Kakkar in 20th century; sikhs would have lost the glory which makes it the universal religion and attractive to scientific and advanced western world.

We must be grateful to all those who keep it.

Those who do consider Keski Rehat good for women; but are not ready to accept it as Kakkar; must pay attention to the fact that it is very difficult to maintain a Rehat for centuries; unless it is tagged Mandatory. Sikh community should be grateful to those; who have commuted this Rehat as Kakkar to the present Sikh woman. Had it not been hold as Kakkar in 20th century; sikhs would have lost the glory which makes it the universal religion and attractive to scientific and advanced western world.

The above are very wise words, MB Singh jeeo. If this rehit had not been maintained as mandatory by the few in Panth, it would have disappeared altogether. The question is that if you don't make dastaar mandatory, then how do you justify wearing it? I remember that when the case for wearing Dastar was first fought in Canada, back in 1980s, one of the questions asked was, where does it say that wearing Dastar is mandatory? If it is not part of 5 Kakaars, and other basic rehit, then why wear it? If it is part of 5 Kakaars then it can be much more easily justified in courts or when fighting for Dastar. At that time, some were saying that Dastar is part of the culture and not religion. Culture can be compromised on but not religion. So they were suggesting Sikhs to compromise on Dastar. Hence it is a must that Dastar be recognized as part of our basic rehit i.e. 5 Kakaars.

Having said that, the idea behind the original message of this thread was to promote Dastar in any form. The first thing is to make Dastar mandatory for all Amrit Sinchaars,

Kulbir Singh
when guru sahib said "sabat soorat dastar sira", he never followed it with "men only". gurbani applies to everyone, therefore dastar rehet also applies to everyone.

for me, it's that simple.
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I remember that when the case for wearing
> Dastar was first fought in Canada, back in 1980s,
> one of the questions asked was, where does it say
> that wearing Dastar is mandatory? If it is not
> part of 5 Kakaars, and other basic rehit, then why
> wear it? If it is part of 5 Kakaars then it can
> be much more easily justified in courts or when
> fighting for Dastar. At that time, some were
> saying that Dastar is part of the culture and not
> religion. Culture can be compromised on but not
> religion. So they were suggesting Sikhs to
> compromise on Dastar. Hence it is a must that
> Dastar be recognized as part of our basic rehit
> i.e. 5 Kakaars.
>
>
> Having said that, the idea behind the original
> message of this thread was to promote Dastar in
> any form. The first thing is to make Dastar
> mandatory for all Amrit Sinchaars,
>
> Kulbir Singh

Bhai Sahib I dont understand how they can state that Dastar is culture and not religious. If not all, most Puratan rehatnamas state that Dastar is mandatory. In fact, there are at least two rehatnamey that state if you eat without wearing a dastar you are going to hell . Meaning you are a tankhiya and you will be guide-less at the time of death. If SGPC included this rehatnama and made it tankhiya to eat without head covering then dastar would be mandatory in all Amrit Sanchars; thus, nobody will be deprived from Guru Jis honor.

I didnt mean to offend any AmritDhari Bhenji who wear chunni or patka by providng the above Rehatnama which was given by Guru Sahib. I believe that if someone innocently has worn chunni without knowledge that Dastar is rehat then they will not go to hell and still get an opportunity at another human life. But how can one enter Guru Jis elegant realm without dastar. Guru Jis given-dastar is our siropa. It gives us honor. How can we expect to go in the celestial and most honorable realm without Guru Jis honor?

In ancient times, whenever a Gursikh pleased Guru Ji and earned his happiness they were blessed with a siropa ( dastar). For example, when Bhai Lehna Ji was given the greatest honor he was blessed with a dastar ( siropa) not a tilak which many Hindu Historians proclaim. This tradition continued again with Baba Amar Das Ji and further maintained in 1699 with the Panj Pyaarey. Guru Sahib blessed his Khalsa with a dastar because he had been happy with their offering. Guru Sahib gave Bhai Daya Singh Ji, Bhai Dharam Singh Ji, Bhai Himmat Singh Ji, Bhai Mokham Singh JI, and Bhai Sahib Singh Ji a dastar upon given them complete temporal authority Guru Sahib Sahib became their servant the same way Guru Sri Nanak Sahib Ji became the servant of Sri Guru Angad Dev Ji

rehinee rehai soee sikh maeraa ||
ouh t(h)aakur mai ous kaa chaeraa ||

That devoted Sikh who keeps firm in the rehat is my most dear Sikh.
His is my master and I am his slave!

Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji was so pleased with Mata Bhago Kaur Jis devotion he personally tied a dastar on Mata Bhago Kaur Ji . When Guru Ji placed his hands on her head she went in complete samadhi for a long duration. If we are disobeying Guru Jis rehat and walking around without a dastar on our head we are walking honorless without Guru Jis hand on our head.

Again Im sorry If I have offended anyone I just believe Guru Jis honor belong to all AmritDhari people. My friend told me that I should not say publicly say things that will offended people, but I cant help myself. I just believe we should all strive for Guru Jis and only Guru Jis blessings. There is much honor to be obtained in seeking Guru Jis happiness. Another thing which is important is that if we wear dastar we should restrain from Jewelry, make up, liptstick, eye liner , earrings , and other manmat articles. Dastar gives us honor and we should live up to this honor.
ਗੁਰੁ ਪਿਆਰਿਉ,

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ, ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਿਹ॥

ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀਉ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਦੀਆਂ ਕੋਸ਼ਿਸ਼ਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਭਾਗ ਲੱਗਣ ਜੀ। ਦਸਤਾਰ ਦਾ ਵਿਸ਼ਾ ਹੁਣ ਇਕੱਲਾ ਅਖੰਡ ਕੀਰਤਨੀ ਜੱਥੇ ਨਾਲ ਹੀ ਸਬੰਧਤ ਨਹੀਂ ਰਹਿ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ। ਹਾਲਾਂਕਿ ਇਸ ਨੂੰ ਬਤੌਰ ਕਕਾਰ ਮਾਨਤਾ ਮਿਲਣ ਵਿਚ ਅਜੇ ਥੋੜਾ ਹੋਰ ਸਮਾਂ ਲੱਗੇ ਪਰ ਸੂਝਵਾਨ ਸਿੱਖ ਬੀਬੀਆਂ ਅਤੇ ਸਿੰਘ ਇਸਨੂੰ ਬੇਝਿਜਕ ਰਹਿਤ ਦਾ ਹਿੱਸਾ ਮੰਨ ਰਹੇ ਹਨ। ਬੀਬੀਆਂ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਦਸਤਾਰਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਅਯੋਗ ਦੱਸਣ ਲਈ ਜਿਥੇ ਪੰਥ ਵਿਚ ਇੱਕ ਖਾਸ ਫਿਰਕੇ ਵਲੋਂ ਕਾਫੀ ਜਦੋ ਜਹਿਦ ਕੀਤੀ ਗਈ ਉਥੇ ਨਾਲ ਦੀ ਨਾਲ ਇਸ ਬਾਬਤ ਸੂਝਵਾਨ ਸੰਸਥਾਵਾਂ ਨੇ ਬੇਧੜਕ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਇਸ ਦਾ ਪ੍ਰਚਾਰ ਵੀ ਕੀਤਾ। ਅਜੋਕੇ ਸਮੇਂ ਵਿਚ ਪੱਛਮ ਵਿਚ ਜਿੱਥੇ ਕੱਲਯੁਗ ਨੇ ਆਪਣਾ ਪ੍ਰਭਾਵ ਪ੍ਰਬਲ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈ ਉਥੇ ਅਖੰਡ ਕੀਰਤਨੀ ਜੱਥੇ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਹਰ ਸਿੰਘਣੀਆ ਵੱਲੋਂ ਸੰਭਾਲ਼ੀ ਇਸ ਰਹਿਤ ਨੇ ਇਹ ਸਿੱਧ ਕਰ ਵਿਖਾਇਆ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਹਰੇਕ ਚੁਣੋਤੀ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਕੁੰਦਨ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਨਿਕਲਣ ਨੂੰ ਸਮਰੱਥ ਹੈ। ਅੱਜ ਪੱਛਮ ਦੀਆਂ ਤਿਆਰ ਬਰ ਤਿਆਰ ਸਿੰਘਣੀਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਵੇਖ ਕੇ ਇਹ ਕਹਿਣਾ ਕੁੱਥਾ ਨਹੀ ਹੋਵੇਗਾ ਕਿ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਦਸਮੇਸ਼ ਦੀ ਪਿਆਰੀ ਇਸ ਰਹਿਤ ਨੇ ਖ਼ਾਲਸੇ ਦੇ ਇਸ ਜਗਤ੍ਰ ਵਿਖੇ ਹੋਣ ਵਾਲੀ ਚੜਾਈ ਵਿੱਚ ਬਹੁਤ ਹੀ ਅਹਿਮ ਰੋਲ ਅਦਾ ਕਰਨਾ ਹੈ। ਅਤੇ ਇਸ ਰਹਿਤ ਨੇ ਕਿਸੇ ਨਾ ਕਿਸੇ ਦਿਨ ਉਸ ਕਹਾਵਤ ਨੂੰ ਮੁੜ ਦੁਹਰਾਉਣਾ ਹੈ ਜੋ ਕਦੇ ਫ਼ਰੰਗੀਆ ਬਾਬਤ ਪ੍ਰਚਲਤ ਸੀ ਕਿ ਫ਼ਰੰਗੀ ਦੇ ਰਾਜ ਵਿੱਚ ਸੂਰਜ ਅਸਤ ਨਹੀ ਹੁੰਦਾ। ਭਾਵੇ ਕੋਈ ਮੰਨੇ ਜਾਂ ਨਾ ਮੰਨੇ ਇਹ ਵੀ ਮਾਣ ਖ਼ਾਲਸੇ ਦੀ ਝੋਲੀ ਵਿਚ ਹੀ ਪਿਆ ਹੈ ਕਿ ੨੦ਵੀਂ ਸਦੀ ਦੇ ਆਰੰਭ ਵਿਚ ਬੱਬਰ ਖਾਲਸਿਆਂ ਦੀ ਮਾਰੀਆ ਤੇਗਾਂ ਨੇ ਫ਼ਰੰਗੀਆ ਦੀ ਇਸ ਪ੍ਰਚਲਿਤ ਕਹਾਵਤ ਦਾ ਭੋਗ ਪਾਇਆ। ਹੁਣ ਵੀ ਉਹੀ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਭੁਝੰਗ ਫ਼ੌਜ ਨੇ ਇਸੇ ਕਹਾਵਤ ਨੂੰ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੀ ਛਤਰ ਛਾਇਆ ਹੇਠ ਪੂਰਨ ਜਗਤ੍ਰ ਵਿਖੇ ਸੱਚ ਕਰ ਵਿਖਾਉਣਾ ਹੈ। ਅੱਜ ਆਏ ਹੋਏ ਵਖਤੀ ਬੱਦਲ ਭਾਂਵੇ ਕਿ ਗਹਿਰੇ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਪ੍ਰਤੀਤ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ ਪਰ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਦਸਮੇਸ਼ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਬਖਸ਼ੇ ਦੋ ਧਾਰੀ ਖੰਡੇ ਅੱਗੇ ਇਹ ਬਹੁਤਾ ਚਿਰ ਨਹੀ ਟਿਕਣੇ। ਓੜਕ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਦੇ ਸੂਰਜ ਨੇ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਸ਼ਮਾਨ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਹੀ ਰਹਿਣਾ ਹੈ। ਖੈਰ! ਵਿਚਾਰ ਹੋਰ ਪਾਸੇ ਨਾ ਚਲੇ ਜਾਣ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਜ਼ਿਕਰ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਜੱਥੇ ਤੋਂ ਇਲਾਵਾ ਹੋਰਨਾਂ ਜਥੇਬੰਦੀਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਜ਼ਰੂਰ ਇਸ ਬਾਬਤ ਵਿਸ਼ੇਸ਼ ਧਿਆਨ ਦੇਣ ਦੀ ਲੋੜ ਹੈ। ਸਿੱਖੀ ਨੂੰ ਸਿਆਸੀਕਰਨ ਤੋਂ ਬਚਾ ਕੇ ਨਿਰੋਲ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਆਸ਼ੇ ਵਿੱਚ ਹੀ ਪ੍ਰਚਾਰਨਾ ਅਤਿ ਲੋੜੀਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ਅੱਜ ਜਿਥੇ ਕਿ ਇਹ ਹੁਣ ਸਾਬਤ ਹੋ ਚੁੱਕਿਆ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਕੇਸਕੀ ਅਖੰਡ ਕੀਰਤਨੀ ਜੱਥੇ ਜਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਰਣਧੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਕਾਢ ਨਹੀ। ਇਸ ਰਹਿਤ ਨੂੰ ਪੂਰੇ ਪੰਥ ਵਿਚ ਲਾਗੂ ਕਰਨ ਦੇ ਸੁਯੋਗ ਉਪਰਾਲੇ ਕਰਨੇ ਹਰੇਕ ਪੰਥ ਦਰਦੀ ਜਥੇਬੰਦੀ ਦੀ ਜਿੰਮੇਵਾਰੀ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਤਾਂ ਹੀ ਪੰਥ ਦੀ ਸੁਯੋਗ ਸੇਵਾ ਕਰ ਸਕਦੇ ਹਨ ਨਹੀਂ ਤਾਂ ਪੰਥ ਦੀ ਬੇੜੀ ਵਿੱਚ ਵੱਟੇ ਪਾਉਣ ਵਾਲਿਆਂ ਦਾ ਤਾਂ ਅੱਜ ਕੋਈ ਅੰਤ ਹੀ ਨਹੀ ਹੈ। ਦਾਸ ਸਿੱਖ ਮਿਸ਼ਨਰੀ ਕਾਲਜ ਲੁਧਿਆਣਾ ਵਲੋਂ ਛਾਪੀ ਜਾਂਦੀ “ਸਾਬਤ ਸੂਰਤਿ ਦਸਤਾਰ ਸਿਰਾ” ਪੁਸਤਿਕਾ ਦੇ ਆਰੰਭਿਕ “ਦੋ ਸ਼ਬਦ” ਦੀਆਂ ਸਤਰਾਂ ਅਤੇ ਇੱਕ ਨਿੱਕੀ ਜਿਹੀ ਕਵਿਤਾ ਪੰਥ ਦਰਦੀਆਂ ਨਾਲ ਸਾਝੀਆਂ ਕਰਨਾ ਚਾਹੇਗਾ।

ਦੋ ਸ਼ਬਦ

ਸੰਨ ੧੬੯੯ ਈਸਵੀ ਦੀ ਵੈਸਾਖੀ ਨੂੰ ਦਸਮ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਨਿਆਰਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਪ੍ਰਗਟ ਕਰਕੇ “ਸਾਬਤ ਸੂਰਤਿ ਦਸਤਾਰ ਸਿਰਾ” ਦੇ ਗੁਰ-ਉਪਦੇਸ਼ ਨੂੰ ਪੱਕੀਆਂ ਲੀਹਾਂ ਤੇ ਅਗਾਂਹ ਤੋਰਿਆ। ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਆਪਣੇ ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਉਪਦੇਸ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਕਿ ਕੇਸਾਂ ਅਤੇ ਸ਼ਸ਼ਤਰਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਹੀਣੇ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਦਰਸ਼ਨ ਨਾ ਦਿਓ। ਇਸ ਉਪਦੇਸ਼ ਨੂੰ ਅਨੰਦਪੁਰ ਵਾਸੀ ਭਾਈ ਸੁੱਖਾ ਸਿੰਘਾ ਨੇ ਦਸਵੀਂ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹੀ ਦੇ ਗੁਰ-ਵਿਲਾਸ ਵਿੱਚ ਇਉਂ ਦਰਜ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੈ:-

ਬਿਨਾ ਸ਼ਸ਼ਤ੍ਰ ਕੇਸੰ ਨਰੰ ਭੇਡੰ ਜਾਨੋ।
ਗਹੇ ਕਾਨ ਤਾਂਕੋ ਕਿਤੈ ਲੈ ਸਿਧਾਨੋ।
ਇਹੈ ਮੋਰ ਆਗਯਾ, ਸੁਨੋ ਹੇ ਪਿਆਰੇ।
ਬਿਨਾ ਤੇਗ ਕੇਸੰ ਦਿਵੋ ਨਾ ਦਿਦਾਰੇ।

ਕੇਸਾਂ ਦੀ ਸੰਭਾਲ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਦਸਮ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ ਨੇ ਹੁਕਮ ਕੀਤਾ ਕਿ ਦੋ ਵੇਲੇ ਅਥਵਾ ਸਵੇਰੇ ਸ਼ਾਮ ਕੇਸ ਨੂੰ ਕੰਘਾ ਕਰੋ ਅਤੇ ਵਲ ਵੱਟ ਕੱਢ ਕੇ ਸੰਵਾਰ ਸੰਵਾਰ ਕੇ ਦਸਤਾਰ ਸਜਾਓ। ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਕਲਗੀਆ ਵਾਲੇ ਦੇ ਇਸ ਹੁਕਮ ਨੂੰ ਭਾਈ ਨੰਦ ਲਾਲ ਸਿੰਘ ਨੇ ਤਨਖਾਹ ਨਾਮੇ ਵਿਚ ਇਉਂ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਹੈ:-
“ਕੰਘਾ ਦੋਨੋ ਵਰਤ ਕਰ, ਪਾਗ ਚੁਨੈ ਕਰ ਬਾਂਧਈ”।

ਇਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਹੁਕਮਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਮੁਖ ਰੱਖਕੇ ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਰੋਮਾਂ ਦੀ ਬੇਅਦਬੀ (ਸਰੀਰ ਦੇ ਕਿਸੇ ਵੀ ਅੰਗ ਤੋਂ ਵਾਲ ਉਤਾਰਨੇ ਅਥਵਾ ਕੇਸ ਕਤਲ ਕਰਨੇ) ਬੱਜਰ ਕੁਰਹਿਤਾਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਸ਼ਾਮਲ ਕੀਤੀ ਗਈ ਅਤੇ ਕੇਸਹੀਣ ਨੂੰ ਸਿੱਖੀ ਤੋਂ ਪਤਿਤ (ਖਾਰਜ) ਸਮਝਿਆ ਗਿਆ।

ਦਸਮ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ ਨੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਖਾਸ ਵਰਦੀ ਨੀਯਤ ਕੀਤੀ ਜਿਸ ਵਿਚ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਨ, ਕੰਘਾ, ਕੇਸ ,ਦਸਤਾਰ, ਕੜਾ ਤੇ ਕਛਹਿਰਾ ਸ਼ਾਮਲ ਸੀ। ਇਸ ਵੱਖਰੀ ਭਾਂਤ ਦੀ ਵਰਦੀ ਦਾ ਮਤਲਬ ਆਪਣੇ ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਨਿਆਰਾ ਅਥਵਾ ਅਨਮਤੀਆਂ ਤੋਂ ਵੱਖਰਾ ਕਰਨ ਦਾ ਸੀ, ਇਸੇ ਹੀ ਭਾਵ ਨੂੰ ਪੱਕਿਆਂ ਰੱਖਣ ਲਈ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਇਉਂ ਫੁਰਮਾਇਆ:-

ਜਬ ਲਗ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਰਹੈ ਨਿਆਰਾ।
ਤਬ ਲਗ ਤੇਜ ਦੀਉਂ ਮੈ ਸਾਰਾ।
ਜਬ ਇਹ ਗਹੈ ਬਿਪਰਨ ਕੀ ਰੀਤ।
ਮੈਂ ਨਾ ਕਰੋਂ ਇਨ ਕੀ ਪਰਤੀਤ।

ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਜੀ ਦੇ ‘ਰਹਿਤ’ ਵਿਚ ਪੱਕਿਆਂ ਰਹਿਣ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਰਹਿਤਵਾਨ ਸਿੰਘ ਸਿੰਘਣੀਆਂ ਨੂੰ ‘ਸਾਹਿਬ’ ਦਾ ਰੁਤਬਾ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਅਤੇ ਕਿਹਾ:-

ਰਹਿਣੀ ਰਹੈ ਸੋਈ ਸਿੱਖ ਮੇਰਾ।
ਓਹ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਮੈਂ ਉਸਕਾ ਚੇਰਾ।
ਰਹਿਤ ਬਿਨਾ ਨਹਿ ਸਿਖ ਕਹਾਵੈ।
ਰਹਿਤ ਬਿਨਾ ਦਰ ਚੋਂਟਾਂ ਖਾਵੈ।
ਰਹਿਤ ਬਿਨਾਂ ਸੁਖ ਕਬਹੂੰ ਨ ਲਹੈ।
ਤਾਂਤੇ ਰਹਿਤ ਸੁ ਦ੍ਰਿੜ ਕਰ ਗਹੈ।

ਰਹਿਤ-ਹੀਣ ਆਪਣੇ ਆਪ ਨੂੰ “ਗੁਰੁ ਕਾ ਸਿੱਖ” ਅਖਵਾਉਣ ਦਾ ਹੱਕ ਨਹੀਂ ਰੱਖਦਾ। “ਸਾਬਤ ਸੂਰਤਿ ਦਸਤਾਰ ਸਿਰਾ” ਰਹਿਤਵਾਨ ਹੋਣ ਦੀ ਨਿਸ਼ਾਨੀ ਹੈ। ਦਸਮ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ ਅੱਗੇ ਅਸੀਂ ਸਿਰ ਵੇਚ ਕੇ “ਸਰਦਾਰੀ” ਲਈ ਹੈ। ਸਾਡੇ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਗੁਰੁ ਦੀ ਮੱਤ (ਹੁਕਮ) ਪਹਿਲੇ ਨੰਬਰ ਤੇ ਹੈ। ਅਸੀਂ ਆਪਣੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਬੈ-ਖਰੀਦ ਦਾਸਰੇ ਹਾਂ। ਸਾਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦਾ ਹੁਕਮ ਆਪਣੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਣਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਵੀ ਵੱਧ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਹੈ। ਅਸੀਂ ਆਪਣੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਨੂੰ ਤਾਂਹੀਓਂ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਲੱਗ ਸਕਾਂਗੇ, ਜੇ ਅਸੀਂ ਉਸ ਦੇ ਹੁਕਮ ਨੂੰ “ਸਤਿ” ਕਰਿ ਕੇ ਮੰਨਾਂਗੇ। ਅੱਜ ਆਪਣੇ ਆਪ ਨੂੰ ਸਿੱਖ ਕਹਾਉਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਨੰਗੇ ਸਿਰ ਬਾਹਰ ਅੰਦਰ ਫਿਰਨ ਵਾਲੇ ਬੱਚੇ ਬੱਚੀਆਂ ਫੋਕੇ ਫ਼ੈਸ਼ਨ ਮਗਰ ਲੱਗ ਕੇ ਦਸਤਾਰ-ਹੀਣ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਅਤੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਨਿਆਰੇ-ਪਨ ਨੂੰ ਵਿਸਾਰਕੇ ਕਿੱਧਰ ਜਾ ਰਹੇ ਹਨ? ਕੀ ਉਹ ਕੇਸ ਕਤਲ ਕਰਵਾਕੇ ਬੱਜਰ ਕੁਰਹਿਤਾਂ ਕਰਕੇ ਵੀ ਆਪਣੇ ਆਪ ਨੂੰ ਸਿੱਖ ਅਖਵਾਉਣ ਦਾ ਹੱਕ ਰੱਖ ਸਕਦੇ ਹਨ?

ਕੁਰਾਹੇ ਪੈ ਚੁਕੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਬੱਚਿਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਸਾਬਤ ਸੂਰਤ ਅਤੇ ਸਿਰ ਦਸਤਾਰ ਰੱਖਣ ਦੀ ਸੋਝੀ ਦੇਣ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਇਹ ਕਿਤਾਬੜੀ ਛਪਵਾਉਣ ਦਾ ਨਿਮਾਣਾ ਜਿਹਾ ਜਤਨ ਕੀਤਾ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ। ਆਸ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਨਾਲ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਰੱਖਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਸੱਜਣ ਇਸ ਪੁਸਤਕ ਨੂੰ ਘਰ ਘਰ ਪਹੁੰਚਾਕੇ “ਸਾਬਤ ਸੂਰਤਿ ਦਸਤਾਰ ਸਿਰਾ” ਦੇ ਪ੍ਰਚਾਰ ਵਿੱਚ ਹੱਥ ਵਟਾਉਣਗੇ।

ਗੁਰੁ ਪੰਥ ਦਾ ਦਾਸ,
ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲ ਸਿੰਘ,
ਸੰਪਾਦਕ, ‘ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਰਹਿਣੀ’। ਲੁਧਿਆਣਾ-੩, ੧੪-੧੧-੮੦

ਕਵਿਤਾ:-

ਕੇਸ ਹਨ ਮੋਹਰ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ, ਧਾਰੋ ਦਸਤਾਰ ਵੇ।

ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਦੇ ਬਾਝੋਂ ਭੈਣੇ ਜੀਵਨ ਖੁਆਰ ਵੇ।
ਸੀਸ ਤੇ ਕੇਸ ਸੋਹੰਦੇ ਉਪਰ ਦਸਤਾਰ ਵੇ।
ਝੁੰਮਕੇ ਤੇ ਨੱਥ ਬਿੰਦੀ ਕੱਢੀ ਹਮੇਲ ਹੈ।
ਝੇੜੇ ਹਨ ਵਾਧੂ ਭੈਣੇ ਚੰਦਰੀ ਇਹ ਖੇਲ ਹੈ।
ਕਿਰਪਾਨ ਦਸਤਾਰ ਬਾਝੋਂ ਜੀਵਨ ਯਮ ਕੇਲ ਹੈ।
ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਦੇ ਨਾਲ ਕੀ ਜਾਨਕੀ ਜੂੜੇ ਦਾ ਮੇਲ ਹੈ।
ਫ਼ੈਸ਼ਨ ਨੇ ਪੱਟੀ ਦੁਨੀਆਂ ਦਿੱਤੀ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਵਿਸਾਰ ਵੇ।
ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਦੇ ਬਾਝੋਂ ਭੈਣੇ ਜੀਵਨ ਖੁਆਰ ਵੇ।
ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਦੇ ਬਾਝੋਂ ਭੈਣੇ ……………..।

ਆਸ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਪੰਥ ਦੇ ਸੁਹਿਰਦ ਸਿੱਖ ਇਸ ਪੁਕਾਰ ਵੱਲ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਤਾ ਅਤੇ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਮਨ ਨਾਲ ਪਹਿਰਾ ਦੇਣ ਦਾ ਉਪਰਾਲਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੀਆਂ ਖੁਸ਼ੀਆਂ ਦੇ ਪਾਤਰ ਬਣਨਗੇ।

ਗੁਰੂ ਚਰਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਭੌਰਿਆਂ ਦਾ ਦਾਸ,
ਜਸਜੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ
ਸਤਿਕਾਰਯੋਗ ਵੀਰ ਜੀਓ,

ਬਹੁਤ ਢੁਕਵੇਂ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਲਿਖੇ ਹਨ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਨੇ। ਮਹਾਰਾਜ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਨ, ਖਾਲਸੇ ਦੇ ਤੇਜ ਦਾ ਪ੍ਰਤੀਕ ਤੇ ਖਾਲਸੇ ਦੇ ਸਿਰ ਦਾ ਤਾਜ, ਸਾਡੀਆਂ ਮਾਤਾਵਾਂ, ਭੈਣਾਂ ਤੇ ਧੀਆਂ ਦੇ ਸਿਰਾਂ ਤੇ ਵੀ ਸਸ਼ੋਬਤ ਹੋਵੇ। ਅਸੀਂ ਉਸ ਦਿਨ ਦਾ ਨੀਝ ਲਾ ਕੇ ਇੰਤਜ਼ਾਰ ਕਰ ਰਹੇ ਹਾਂ ਜਦੋਂ ਕੇਸਕੀ ਦੀ ਰਹਿਤ ਪੰਥ ਵਿਚ ਸਾਰੇ ਪਾਸੇ ਪ੍ਰਚਲਤ ਹੋਵੇਗੀ।

ਖਾਲਸਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਕਲਗੀਧਰ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹ ਦੀ ਖੇਤੀ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਇਸ ਦਾਸ ਨੂੰ ਯਕੀਨ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸਾਡੇ ਸੋਹਣੇ ਪਿਤਾ ਨੇ ਜ਼ਰੂਰ ਹੀ ਆਪਣੀ ਖੇਤੀ ਰੱਖ ਲੈਣੀ ਹੈ। ਖਾਲਸੇ ਦਾ ਤੇਜ ਪ੍ਰਤਾਪ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਹੀ ਰਹਿਣਾ ਹੈ। ਲੋੜ ਹੈ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੈਸੇ ਸਿੰਘਾਂ ਦੀ ਜੋ ਡਿਗੀ ਹੋਈ ਕੌਮ ਨੂੰ ਮੁੜ ਆਪਣੇ ਪੈਰਾਂ ਤੇ ਖੜਾ ਕਰਨ।

ਕੁਲਬੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login