ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kes Ishnaan and Prakaash Seva

Posted by Daasandaas 
VaheguroojeekaakhalsaaVaheguroojeekeefatehh...

Saadh Sangat Jeeo...

Daas has a doubt in mind and so i really wanna ask the sangat about their views on this...
After Kes Ishnaan in the morning, how is daas supposed to do Prakaash Dee Seva since im guessing its not a good idea to go in guroosaaheb's hazoori without dastaara on.. Should i wait till my Kes are dried..??

Bhul Chuk dee Khima...

VaheguroojeekaakhalsaVaheguroojeekeefatehh...
Reply Quote TweetFacebook

After Kes Ishnaan in the morning, how is daas supposed to do Prakaash Dee Seva since im guessing its not a good idea to go in guroosaaheb's hazoori without dastaara on.. Should i wait till my Kes are dried..??

If you get up really early, then you can dry your Kesh while doing Naam Abhyaas and Nitnem from memory. If you need to do Prakash of Guru Sahib right away, then remove excess water from Kesh with towel and wear Dastaara before doing Sewa of Guru Sahib. You are right in saying that it is not correct to go to Maharaj jee's room without wearing Dastaara.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Vahegurooo Jee...
I heard its in the rehtnama that its not a good idea to tie wet hair.... plus going to guroosaaheb;s hazoori without combing ur hair... im confused.. =(
Obviously the idea is to do Naam Abhyaas and Nitnem in Guroo Saaheb's Hazoori...
Im sorry... Daas is moorak... and sooo confused.. =(
Going to Guru Sahib's room with open hair is out of question. As for tying wet hair, this should not be done for prolonged period of time as it results in your hair smelling bad but there is no harm in tying your wet hair for doing Guru Sahib's sewa which takes very short period of time. Thereafter, one can come out of Guru Sahib's room and dry one's hair.

Kulbir Singh
So does that mean that i can tie wet hair and do the Prakaash Seva and then the Amritvela Session.. followed by drying my hair after Nitnem..??
kulbir singh jee

daas was wondering, i have always done kesi ishnaan before sitting on guru jee;s tabia, some people say this is not nessasary, what are your views?

oddslot
Gsingh jeeo, I agree with you that Keshi Ishnaan is a must before sitting in Tabiya of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee Maharaj. In addition to that, the Baana one wears, including Keski, Dastaar, 5 Kakaars etc. all should be Suchay.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
I have another question about Keshi Ishnaan. Is it appropriate ( mandatory) to wash Kesh when going for Sangat. I have noticed that when I have washed Kesh before going to sangat I have received more laha. Is their a rehatnama that states one should do full Ishnaan when going to GUrudwara Sahib? Sadh Sangat is embodiment of Guru Sahib. Also when we take Amrit we cannot approach Panj Pyaarey without full ishnaan.

Is their any puratan rehatnama or writings by Bhai Sahib that mention this rehat?

How does one follow this rehat without making their hair smell. For example, if one is going to a program on short notice and does full Ishnaan then they will tie their Kesh in the dastar when it is still wet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login