ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bhai Nand Lal Jis rehatnama

Posted by Sukhdeep Singh 
I was wondering where can I get Bhai Nand Lal Jis rehatnama written in Persian.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Since the Rehitnama and the Tankhahnama written by Bhai Nandlal jee are not in Persian the original script most likely would have been Gurmukhi. Why would Bhai Nandlal jee jee write non-Persian in Persian script?

Some may argue that Bhai Sahib did not know Gurmukhi and knew only Persian but this can't be true. Bhai Sahib must have known Gurmukhi for sure because he must have been doing Gurbani Paath as other Gurmukhs.

Kulbir Singh
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Since the Rehitnama and the Tankhahnama written by
> Bhai Nandlal jee are not in Persian the original
> script most likely would have been Gurmukhi. Why
> would Bhai Nandlal jee jee write non-Persian in
> Persian script?
>
> Some may argue that Bhai Sahib did not know
> Gurmukhi and knew only Persian but this can't be
> true. Bhai Sahib must have known Gurmukhi for sure
> because he must have been doing Gurbani Paath as
> other Gurmukhs.
>
> Kulbir Singh

I too would assume that the original REhatnama and Tankhnama would be originally in Gurmukhi, but the other day I was talking to a relative and he mentioned to me that his grandfather gave him a rehatnama by Bhai Nand Lal Ji that is in Farsi script . He went on to mention the language is in Farsi as well. Perhaps Bhai Sahib wrote another rehatnama for converts whom predominantly spoke Farsi ?

Im still confused though because at first my Cousin said the language was Gurmukhi but then he started mentioning Farsi words in the rehatnama. I asked him if he could photo copy it so I can see for myself, but he said he will have to look for it. Thats why I was wondering if anyone else knew about this Farsi Rehatnama. I think he might be mistaken I remember awhile back he told me that in the old days books were not published in Gurmukhi instead they were published in Urdu perhaps the book he has is in Urdu with GUrmukhi language?
-
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login