ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nitnem after keshi ishnaan

Posted by Mehtab Singh 
This has been making me wonder for a long time, and I remember asking this before elsewhere too. The reason for confusion mainly arises due to different Gurmukhs doing it differently. So the question is, what is your opinion/suggestion/stand regarding Nitnem after keshi ishnaan? What I have seen/heard is that some Singhs do it from Gutka with kesh open and head covered with a keski, like a chunni. Others disagree to this and say to do simran until kesh are "haray" (dry), then do kangha, wear keski and dastar and then do Nitnem. So my only question is (my Panj Pyaare didn't specify this so I ask) if its alright to do Nitnem from Gutka with kesh open and head covered with a keski, like a chunni?

Thanks
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
I forgot another thing (I told you I am a fool, please believe me when I say it...haha). I had to add another point in my question. Simran while sitting down on the floor (provided you are the only person in the room), and Nitnem while standing (whether kesh are open or you've tied a dastaar on) to avoid falling asleep, what is your take on it?

Thanks
Re: Nitnem after keshi ishnaan
June 22, 2010 07:10AM
nitnem is nitnem, standing or sitting. i like to do rehras sahib while walking around the neighborhood, just as the heat of the day begins to fade... it's glorious. smiling smiley

dunno about your other questions. smiling smiley

So my only question is (my Panj Pyaare didn't specify this so I ask) if its alright to do Nitnem from Gutka with kesh open and head covered with a keski, like a chunni?

Mehtab Singh jeeo, it is not appropriate to do Nitnem from Gutka Sahib or Pothi Sahib if your Kesh are open, even if they are covered with a Keski like a Chunni. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee in Gurmat Bibek book has written that when doing Nitnem from memory it's okay to keep your kesh open in order to dry them but when doing Nitnem from Pothi Sahib, Kesh cannot be kept open; Dastar is a must then.

Guru Sahib knows better.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login