ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee's books

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
Some asked this Daas about a brief explanation of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee's books and which book of Bhai Sahib should be read first. Please find it below:

The first book of Bhai Sahib that one should read is Jail Chithiaan and the second one should always be Ranglay Sajjan. All other books of Bhai Sahib are on Sikh philosophy and out of all those books I would recommend that you read Andithi Duniya and Gurmat Naam Abhyaas Kamaayee first.

Presented below is a short writeup explaining what each book of Bhai Sahib talks about:

Books – Biographies

Jail Chithiaan: This is the most popular and most widely read book of Bhai Sahib. This books contains detailed account of Bhai Sahib’s life from the time Bhai Sahib got interested in Gurmat all the way up to 1930 when Bhai Sahib got released from jail. The first 100 pages or so are about how Bhai Sahib got into Sikhi and how he had Darshan of Vaheguru. What an account Bhai Sahib has written about Darshan of Vaheguru. Bhai Sahib had to endure extreme hardships in jail to keep Gurmat Rehit including Sarbloh Bibek. It’s nothing short of a miracle that Bhai Sahib during the terrible times of early 1900s kept Sarbloh Bibek rehit in British jails. Guru Sahib worked through Bhai Sahib and showed the world how a Gursikh should keep Rehit. This book serves as an inspiration for Gursikhs around the world to keep Gurmat Rehit and work towards attaining Vaheguru Darshan.

Ranglay Sajjan: This books contains life of companions of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee. Bhai Sahib did great service for Panth by writing this book. This book not only contains life sketches of great Gurmukhs but also preserves some golden principles of Gurmat that otherwise would have been lost. Some chapters of this book cannot be read without shedding tears. This book inspires one to become a better Gursikh. Ones who are serious about their Sikhi should read this book not once but again and again.

Books about Naam

Gurmat Naam Abhyaas Kamaayee: This book contains detailed account of Gurmat Naam. Questions like What is Naam, How to Japp Naam, Where to find Naam, the concept of Naam, How to focus on Naam, Where not to focus while chanting Naam, what is Ajappa Jaap, True meaning of Sunaia and Manai Pauris of Siri Jap jee Sahib and Sarang kee Vaar etc. have been answered in great detail. After reading this book a few times, one gets true understanding of Naam and Gurbani now hits the reader with different affect. One’s Gurbani understanding increases manifold.

Naam tay Naam Da Daata Satguru: This is another book totally devoted to the concept of Naam. How this book differs from Naam is that his book explains that Gurmat Naam is very special and rare and can be obtained only from the true Guru. This book enhances one’s understanding of Naam and inspires one to Japp Naam with increased vigour.

Collection of Articles

Gurmat Vichaar - This book contains some very interesting articles. Great articles on Amrit and Keski are in this book.

Gurmat Lekh - This book has small articles that Bhai Sahib wrote from time to time.

Gurmat Parkash - This book too has small articles, mostly those articles that Bhai Sahib wrote on Gurpurabs, for newspapers.

Books on Sikh Mysticism

Sach Khand Darshan – Many people think that the 5 Khands mentioned in Siri Jap jee Sahib are merely spiritual states but Bhai Sahib in this book has very strongly refuted such false claims and has proven that these Khands are real Khands where the Jeev-Aatma depending on its candidacy goes after death.

Anhad Shabad Dasam Duaar: Gurbani mentions Dasam Duaar, Anhad Shabad, Angana and Panch Shabad many times. Since a normal person has no knowledge of these mystical terms, many Gurudummis like Radhasoamis take advantage of the gullible Sikhs and misinterpret these terms. Bhai Sahib in great detail has explained these concepts in the light of Gurmat and detailed the differences between the Dasam Duaar of Gursikhs as opposed to that of Yogis and Radhasoamis. It’s a wonderful book but very hard to read and understand.

Charan Kamal kee Mauj - This book is very mystical. It talks about the Charan Kamals of Vaheguru and how one can enshrine the charan kamals of Vaheguru within oneself. The Charan Kamals of Vaheguru and Satguru jee are not made of flesh and blood and nor are they used as metaphors. The Charan Kamals of Vaheguru jee and Guru Sahib are very real. How do you wash Guru Sahib’s Charan and drink them? This question is answered in detail in this book. This book also talks about inverted Lotus at the navel and how it becomes straight through Naam Abhyaas. This book also talks about how the Mann rises from Nabh Kamal to Dasam Duaar. No other book talks about these subjects and ones that have attempted are so incomplete.

Other Books of Bhai Sahib

Gurbani diyan Lagaan Matraan dee Vilakhantaa - This book talks in detail about Gurbani grammar and correct padd-chhed of shabads. Reading this book one realises how the thinking of a Gurmukh is above and unique from commoners like us.

Jhatka Maas Parthai Tatt Gurmat Nirna - This books refutes claims of supporters of meat. A great book.

Gurmat Karam Philosophy - This book explains in detail the 9 meanings of the word "Karam". This book delves deep into how Karma works according to Gurmat. It also presents very interesting details on comparing Gurmat karams to non-Gurmat karams. This book is a rare book as it is not published anymore. A must read it is.

Katha Kirtan - This book is the last book of Bhai Sahib and Bhai Sahib in this book proves that Gurbani Katha done at Gurdwara Sahibaan cannot be classified as Katha referred to in Gurbani. In Gurbani the word katha almost always means Gurbani itself or Naam Abhyaas. Gurbani in fact is the katha of Vaheguru jee, done by our Guru Sahibaan. This book is a great book that should not be left unread.

Gurmat Gauravta - This books proves the supremacy of Gurmat over other matts (Dharams, religions). Bhai Sahib proves through Gurbani how all other religions fall short of reaching the true goal of humankind. A very great book this is.

Gurmat Sach Nirnai - This book is very hard to concentrate on. Only when one has read other books of Bhai Sahib and wants to read on more, one should read this book.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
good summary, may i suggest adding gurmat bibek, jot vigaas and also amrit ki hai
amrit kee hai is a wonderful piece of literature

very inspiring, deeply informative, a MUST READ
available in english
its not only good for ppl looking forward to khande dee pahul, but for fools like me, who learned A LOT from it even after becoming part of khalsa fauj.

vaheguroo
Which of those books are available in English?
Ji you have forgotten another essential book.

Sant Pad Nirnai

Chota veer
Veer Ji, why not have a simple listing, in a tabular form, of all the books, pamphlets etc.; in the beginning of this thread. It should also show, whether the book is available in english, online, audio, current status of stock etc. Brief introduction, may follow that information.
Thanks for the feedback. I will add the books left out e.g. Sant Pad Nirnai, Gurmat Bibek etc and will add the list as suggested by Bhai MB Singh jee, soon.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
As per Hukam from Bhai MB Singh jee, please find below a chart showing 23 books of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee. This does not include the 21 pamphlets that Bhai Sahib wrote from time to time:

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Bhai Sahib Kulbir Veer Ji,

Can't find the chart you mentioned!

Can you please post it?

Thanks,
-JP
jpsingh77 jeeo, the chart is right there in the above post. Perhaps the picture is not loading on your computer because of technical reasons. Does anyone has the same problem?

Kulbir Singh
Just to add some minor info,
When Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh ji's book called "Jhatka Maas Prathai Gurmat Ninai" was published during bapoo jis lifetime, it uprooted the root beliefs of the 'jhatka loving party' in such a way that people in Hazoor Sahib, Nanded came up with their own version called " jhatka parkash granth ".

Chota veer

Just to add some minor info,
When Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh ji's book called "Jhatka Maas Prathai Gurmat Ninai" was published during bapoo jis lifetime, it uprooted the root beliefs of the 'jhatka loving party' in such a way that people in Hazoor Sahib, Nanded came up with their own version called " jhatka parkash granth ".

What kind of a spiritual book this would have been that was trying to prompt people to eat meat. Maybe they wrote in the book that ones who don't kill innocent animals through the Jhatka way and eat their meat, would end up in hell.

Sometimes I get surprised at how some people give all these arguments to protect their false beliefs. One of the very prominent Gurmukh of Taksa narrated an interesting incident. He witnessed some Nihungs reciting Chandi di Vaar to a goat. At the end of the paath, they did Jhatka of that poor animal. Later Baba jee accosted the Nihungs and asked them how they could slaughter the goat while doing Paath. They replied that, "As we were doing Paath, the goat itself presented itself to be sacrificed to the Panth." Baba jee laughingly replied that then the goat is better off than them since it accepted the influence of Paath and offered itself to be sacrificed for Panth.

May Guru Sahib bless us all with some Bibek Budh.

Kulbir Singh
A book, contradicting Bhai Sahib book on Jhatka and slandering Bhai Sahib was also published around 1980 in an Amritsar press. The writer was fond of meat eating. He belonged to village "kutianwali". I remember an article published by Singhs to counter him. It referred that writer as Kutian Wali da Kutta. grinning smiley
Bhai Kulbir Sngh jeo,
Here is some snaps of this Jhatka Parkash "book".

Chota veer
The writer seems to be a writer with good poetic skills but alas, the content of his poem is so low. He is lamenting that Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh has taken away "Mahaparshaad" (so called) from Singhs and placed grass in front of them to eat. How can Maas be called "Mahaparshaad". It really is "Dhrig-Parshaad" because one gives pain and suffering to God's creatures in order to obtain this food. How can a stone hearted person do Bhagti? I guess carnivorous people are more interested in the tastes of their tongue than worry about sufferings of others.

Kulbir Singh
Han ji,the reason Chatrik is highlighting this is because no one in the Jatha has countered this direct attack on BHai Sahib till now. Maybe, not many were aware about this book.
Dont have this book myself, after doing some "detective work"smoking smiley got it from the flickr account of a singh from Nanded.Am not 100% sure but asked someone he says the writer might be Niranjan Singh from Budda Dal.

Chota veer
Veer Ji, this is the same book I am talking about. A response to that book at that time was got published in Soora, I think so. The editor Soora was aware of that book.

Which of those books are available in English?

i have found jail chitian, rangle sajjan, amrit ki hain, andithi duniya, anhad shabad dasam duar all in english. i am sure there are more. most of the translations have been facilitated by toronto sangat so perhaps some toronto singhs can share more (availability, etc).

i have found them at book stands outside of darbar sahib, passed from friends, singh brothers, etc.
[www.youtube.com]#!
this video, briefly describes about panth-virodhis.
Please could someone list the 21 smaller books.

I have a question about "supna" book, is this written by bhai randhir singh ji? I have started reading this and it is quite unique to bhai sahib's other writings. As I'm reading along I am trying to figure out what is going on, please some shed light on the message of this book.
Which books did Bhai Sahib write before going to prison?
Where was Gurmat Bibek written?

Which books did Bhai Sahib write before going to prison?
Where was Gurmat Bibek written?

I believe the books written by Bhai Sahib before going to jail are:

1. Jhatka Maas Prathai - Tatt Gurmat Nirnai
2. Kee Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee dee Pooja Buth-Prasthee hai.

The book on Jhatka was written around 1910 but was published many years later, after Bhai Sahib was released from jail.

Gurmat Bibek was written while Bhai Sahib was in jail and the writing time is around 1922 when he had spent about 8 years in jail and was about 8 years away from jail. It is nothing short of a Karamaat that Bhai Sahib wrote such a great book by citing 400-500 Gurbani Furmaans from memory. This shows how much Abhyaas of Gurbani Bhai Sahib jee had.

All other books of Bhai Sahib were written and published after 1930 i.e. the period after he was released from jail.

Kulbir Singh
Bhai Sahib mentions a lot about "Gurmat Naam" book which he was going to write in 'Gurmat Bibek'. Is 'Gurmat Naam Abhiyaas Kemaa-ee' that book?

Chota veer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login