ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji

Posted by Amritvela 
Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji
June 08, 2010 05:50AM
Sangat jio

As Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji's shahidhi gurpurb is approaching us, please share sakhis related to Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji
June 08, 2010 07:33AM
Pippli Sahib Sakhi

News of the Sacred enthronement of Sri Guru Arjan Sahib jee spread around and the devotees eager to have a direct glimpse of Nanak the Fifth set out for Amritsar from distant places. In this spiritual quest the sangat from Kabul was also on its way to Amritsar. On the last day of their journey they were determined to reach the holy presence of the New Guru but could not make it and had to camp few miles away from Sri Harimandir Sahib. The Sangat included the old, the young and the children. Tired and hungry, they now yearned for a blessed vision of the Holy Guru next morning.

Sri Guru Arjan Sahib asked Mata Ganga, His holy wife, to prepare plenty of food with her own hands. Guru Arjan along with Mata Ganga then carried the food and water on their heads barefooted to the camp site. They served the food and water to the tired and hungry sangat. One old man, very much tired, was pressing his own legs. Sri Guru Arjan Sahib with folded hands begged for this service and started pressing the legs of the old man. The whole night the Guru and His wife served the sangat and fanned them with a hand-fan.
June 08, 2010 09:06AM
here is the first sakhi i heard of guru arjan sahib. it is still my favorite and has stuck in my heart since the first time i heard it, i think it includes the sakhi above as well. smiling smiley

Guru Arjan Sahib and the Sangat of Kabul

News of the Sacred enthronement of Sri Guru Arjan Sahib spread alround and the devotees eager to have a direct glimpse of Nanak the Fifth set out for Amritsar from distant places. In this spiritual quest sangat from Kabul was also on its way to Amritsar. On the last day of their journey they were determined to reach the holy presence of the New Guru but could not make it and had to camp few miles away from Sri Harimandir Sahib. Sangat included the old, the young and the children. Tired and hungry, they now yearned for a blessed vision of the Holy Guru next morning.

Sri Guru Arjan Sahib asked Mata Ganga, His holy wife, to prepare plenty of food with her own hands. Guru Arjan alongwith Mata Ganga then carried the food and water on their heads barefooted to the camp site. They served the food and water to the tired and hungry sangat. One old man, very much tired, was pressing his own legs. Sri Guru Arjan Sahib with folded hands begged for this service and started pressing the legs of the old man. The whole night the Guru and His wife served the sangat and fanned them with a hand-fan. (Gurdwara Pipli Sahib stands as a Sacred Memorial on this holy spot).

Early in the morning the sangat set out for Sri Harimandir Sahib. On arrival they took off their shoes outside. Jathedar (Incharge) of the sangat requested someone to guard and look after all the belongings and shoes there. But everyone was thirsting for a blessed glimpse of the New Guru. Sri Guru Arjan Sahib again with folded hands volunteered for this service. When seated inside, the visiting sangat did not find the Holy Guru on His seat. Jathedar enquired from Baba Budha Ji who told them that the Guru and His wife had gone to serve the incoming sangat from Kabul last night and that they had not yet returned. Jathedar told Baba Budha Ji that a very simple and humble young couple had come last night with food and water and had been in service of the sangat the whole night. When told that he was left outside to guard the belongings and the shoes, Baba Budha Ji alongwith the sangat proceeded to the said spot.

On arrival they find the Humility Incarnate Guru ecstatically absorbed in cleaning the shoes of the holy sangat. Baba Budha Ji started crying and so did the sangat. “O our Lord Satguru Sache Patshah, what are you doing”, cried Baba Budha Ji.

Awakened from his total immersion in humble service, Sri Guru Arjan Sahib looked up and just said, “O revered Baba Budha Ji, please do not stop me from doing this blessed service of the shoes of the loving children of my Beloved Guru Nanak”.

Sangat had the blessed darshans of their New Guru. They directly beheld and perceived their own Lord cleaning their shoes in devotion. Tears flowed in unending streams from their eyes melting away any traces of lurking ego, in this Vision Supreme. They had learnt the highest lesson of spirituality, i.e. Humility in Devotion and Devotion in Humility.

Aghast with wonder, love and reverence, the holy Sangat fell flat at the holy feet of the Satguru, the true Prophet of Devotional Humilty and Love. Later when the All Merciful Guru Composed the Sacred Scripture of a Universal Religion of Love enshrining all the Celestial Harmonies and totally steeped in Devotional Humility and still later when the Great Guru out of infinite love for mankind, paid the heaviest price for the same and burnt Himself on the burning hot plate under the cruel showers of burning sand that the World realized the uniqueness of the Incarnation of Guru Arjan.
June 08, 2010 09:15AM
ਗਉੜੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
Gauree, Fifth Mehl:

ਤਿਸੁ ਗੁਰ ਕਉ ਸਿਮਰਉ ਸਾਸਿ ਸਾਸਿ ॥
I remember the Guru with each and every breath.

ਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਰੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਣ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਰੀ ਰਾਸਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
The Guru is my breath of life, the True Guru is my wealth. ||1||Pause||

ਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਦਰਸਨੁ ਦੇਖਿ ਦੇਖਿ ਜੀਵਾ ॥
Beholding the Blessed Vision of the Guru's Darshan, I live.

ਗੁਰ ਕੇ ਚਰਣ ਧੋਇ ਧੋਇ ਪੀਵਾ ॥੧॥
I wash the Guru's Feet, and drink in this water. ||1||

ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਰੇਣੁ ਨਿਤ ਮਜਨੁ ਕਰਉ ॥
I take my daily bath in the dust of the Guru's Feet.

ਜਨਮ ਜਨਮ ਕੀ ਹਉਮੈ ਮਲੁ ਹਰਉ ॥੨॥
The egotistical filth of countless incarnations is washed off. ||2||

ਤਿਸੁ ਗੁਰ ਕਉ ਝੂਲਾਵਉ ਪਾਖਾ ॥
I wave the fan over the Guru.

ਮਹਾ ਅਗਨਿ ਤੇ ਹਾਥੁ ਦੇ ਰਾਖਾ ॥੩॥
Giving me His Hand, He has saved me from the great fire. ||3||

ਤਿਸੁ ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਗ੍ਰਿਹਿ ਢੋਵਉ ਪਾਣੀ ॥
I carry water for the Guru's household;

ਜਿਸੁ ਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਅਕਲ ਗਤਿ ਜਾਣੀ ॥੪॥
from the Guru, I have learned the Way of the One Lord. ||4||

ਤਿਸੁ ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਗ੍ਰਿਹਿ ਪੀਸਉ ਨੀਤ ॥
I grind the corn for the Guru's household.

ਜਿਸੁ ਪਰਸਾਦਿ ਵੈਰੀ ਸਭ ਮੀਤ ॥੫॥
By His Grace, all my enemies have become friends. ||5||

ਜਿਨਿ ਗੁਰਿ ਮੋ ਕਉ ਦੀਨਾ ਜੀਉ ॥
The Guru who gave me my soul,

ਆਪੁਨਾ ਦਾਸਰਾ ਆਪੇ ਮੁਲਿ ਲੀਉ ॥੬॥
has Himself purchased me, and made me His slave. ||6||

ਆਪੇ ਲਾਇਓ ਅਪਨਾ ਪਿਆਰੁ ॥
He Himself has blessed me with His Love.

ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਗੁਰ ਕਉ ਕਰੀ ਨਮਸਕਾਰੁ ॥੭॥
Forever and ever, I humbly bow to the Guru. ||7||

ਕਲਿ ਕਲੇਸ ਭੈ ਭ੍ਰਮ ਦੁਖ ਲਾਥਾ ॥
My troubles, conflicts, fears, doubts and pains have been dispelled;

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਮੇਰਾ ਗੁਰੁ ਸਮਰਾਥਾ ॥੮॥੯॥
says Nanak, my Guru is All-powerful. ||8||9||
June 08, 2010 10:19AM
Waheguru Waheguru !!!

Gurudwara Sahib where Sahib did sewa is - Pipli Sahib, Putlighar Amritsar.

Gurudwara Pipli Sahib

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!
June 08, 2010 10:27AM
Some gurmukh can please write on the SHABAD HAZARE SAKHI (The letter Guru Sahib wrote to SRI GURU RAM DASSS JI).

--- Mera Maan Loche Gur Darsan Taaaain ...............

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!
June 08, 2010 10:57AM
I remember there were some very Important/teachingful conversations between MIAAAN MIR and Pancham Patsah during the STONE LAYING Ceremony of Darbar Sahib and while Guru Sahib was sitting on TATTTI LOH(cant recall the entire). Can some gurmukh please do this favour to write it for us.

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!
June 08, 2010 11:12AM
background of shabad hazare:

A cousin of Guru Ram Das came to Amritsar from Lahore especially to ask Guru Sahib to attend his son's wedding. Guru Ji said, "I will not be able to go because I can't leave my duties here as Guru. Perhaps I can send one of my sons instead."
Guru Ram Das Ji had three sons: Baba Prithi Chand or Prithia, Baba Mahadev and Arjan Mal. Prithia was in charge of collecting donations, of which he secretly took a portion for himself. When the Guru asked him to attend the wedding, Prithia said, "I have to take care of the collections. And I hate going to weddings."
Actually, he was afraid if he were away from the Guru for too long, he might not be appointed the Guru's successor. Having no luck with Prithia, Guru Ji then turned to Mahadev. Mahadev lived his life in meditation and said, "I have no desire to involve myself in worldly affairs."
Finally, Guru Sahib Ji asked Arjan if he would go. Arjan said, "I only desire to do what you wish." Guru Ji was very pleased. He asked Arjan to spend some time in Lahore to share the Guru's teachings with the Sikhs there. Any donations he received were to be given to the free kitchen to feed the poor. The last words he said to Arjan were, "You should stay in Lahore until I send for you by letter."
Arjan Mal stayed in Lahore after the wedding and grew to be much loved by his relations and the Sikhs there. Still, all the time he was there, his heart was with his father, Guru Ram Das Ji. When he expressed his longing to his new friends, they suggested he write a letter asking that he be able to return. Arjan Mal wrote a beautiful shabad :
"My soul longs for the Guru like the pied-cuckoo longs for the rain of the monsoon. I am always a sacrifice unto the True Guru."
He sent this letter with one of the Sikhs who had come with him to Lahore. When the messenger reached Amritsar, Prithia saw him and suspected that he had a letter for the Guru from his brother. He said,"I will take the letter to the Guru myself." When he read the letter he knew that it was so beautiful that it would move the Guru's heart in Arjan's favor. So he hid the letter in his coat and sent the Sikh back to Arjan telling him that the Guru said he should stay in Lahore until sent for. When Arjan received this message, he knew that Prithia, and not his father, had sent the message.
He then wrote a second letter with strict orders that it be given only to the Guru. In it, he wrote, "I love the sight of the Guru's face and the sound of his words, and it has been long since I have seen him. I am ever a sacrifice unto the True Guru." This time, Prithia grabbed the letter out of the messenger's hands, and grew more angry than before. Again, he hid the letter in his coat. He sent another message that Arjan was to remain in Lahore until sent for. When Arjan heard this from the messenger, he wrote a third letter, this time putting a number "3" on it. He told the messenger to be on his guard against Prithia and to give the letter to Guru Ram Das Ji himself. The messenger waited until Prithia had to go home, and then quickly reached the Guru and gave him the letter.
In it, Arjan said, "Each second away from the Guru is like an age. I cannot sleep without a sight of the Guru. I am ever a sacrifice unto him." On this letter, the Guru saw the number "3", and knew instantly that he had not received the other two letters. The messenger related the story to him, and the Guru grew very angry. He called for Prithia and asked him three times if he knew anything about the other letters. Prithia denied it every time. The all knowing Guru knew his thoughts, and told the messenger to go get the coat in Prithia's house. When he returned with it, the two missing letters were in the pocket. The Guru charged Prithia with lying in front of the whole congregation, and laid bare his disobedience to the Guru.
At once, the Guru sent Bhai Buddha to Lahore with a carriage to bring Arjan Mal home as soon as possible. When Arjan was finally united with his father, he placed his head on Guru Sahib Ji's chest against his long beard. He remained that way for many moments, while the Guru held him gently in his arms. The Guru then said that as he had written three stanzas, he should write a fourth to finish the poem. Arjan wrote the last verse saying, "It is my good fortune to have met the True Guru, and I have found the Immortal God in my own home. My greatest desire is to never be separated from him again, not even for an instant. I am ever a sacrifice to the True Guru."
Upon hearing this, the Guru was very pleased. He said, "The Guruship is passed on because of merit. As only the one who is most humble can claim it, I grant it to you." Guru Ji then sent for a coconut and five paisey and placed them before Arjan. He descended from his throne and seated Arjan upon it in front of the whole sangat. Bhai Buddha pressed the tilak on Arjan's forehead as a symbol that the light of Guru Ram Das Ji had now passed to Arjan, who then became Guru Arjan Dev Ji the fifth Guru of the Sikhs.
June 08, 2010 03:51PM
Sorry couldnt write in PUNJABI (may be Veerji Kulbir Singh can convert for me smiling smiley

Ki Likhiaye Pancham Patsah de Layii

-- ROME ROME USSSS da kirjaaaai Japda hai
Jisdi Sukhmani Sikh noooon nahin lagan Sek Dindi, Ujj App vi Tatti tavi te beth ke hai Naaam Dhiaaavandaa hai ||

-- EK AKH di fore wich hai jo Sab Hila Sakda Ujj KHUD UGGG te beth ke Pritam de geet Gavndaa hai
JUDDI Betha hai usss di yaaad vich te SIRRR Vich TATTI Ret Pavandaaa hai ||

-- Pado SHABAD Hazare Usss Guru De, KISSSS Piyar vich oh apne guru Nooon Pukarda hai
Aise guru di ki asssin gul kariye jo Nimanne Sikhaaan nooon MAAAAAN divandaaaa hai ||

-- Subb Duniayyya nooon jo hai Aulaaad dinda, Ujj Khud de layii Baba Budda ji aggge SIRR Jhukavndaaa hai
Karke Tyarai harmider Sahib dii Hukam lein de layiii fir baba ji nooon hiiii Bulanvdaaa haii ||

-- Kaun karooo gaaa reees mere patsah di , jo sangat hai aayyyi isss de darshnaa layii eh usss de hi PAIR jhadddaa hai
Kisse desh/majhab vichon koi isss diii sharan aaaaa jayeee eh usssss nooon heee pyar naaaal galle lavndaaaa hai ||

-- Sikh de layyyi isss daa pyar dekho akaaal purakh dii BANII da granth banavdaaaa hai
Kissse vi dubidaaa (Problem) vich isss da SIKH pai jayeee eh apni Baaaan (arm) de ki DUTAR taravndaaaa hai ||

-- MADDDI (Bad) kismat hai uuujjj sikh di jo aise guru nooon PITH (back) dikhavandaa hai
Jis de kol khazaanaaa hai sub mantraaa daaa UJJJ panditaaaan kol jaaa ke Mantar Paravandaaa hai ||

-- Mere Patsah tera dena asssin nahin haaan de sakde te naaa hi sanu teri samaj aundi
Kirpa karde, mere satguraaa, ISSS sahidi Purab te SIKH kaum nooon apne naaal la la, asssin tere ho jayiyyeee toooon sada hoja, te sanu vi apne sohne DES vich inch kkkkk THAAAN(place) de de ||

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!
June 08, 2010 05:25PM
Beautiful poem by Gursewak Singh Ji. Must be put in Punjabi font, please.
June 08, 2010 05:37PM
Vah ji! Gursewak ji, boht khoob! Aap ji vi kavi nikkaley... Kirpa karni, fer sangata nu nihal karna ji.
June 09, 2010 11:50AM
Shabad Hazaray Letters Sakhi

Shabad Hazaray is the Bani of longing for the beloved. It was written by Guru Arjan when he was separated from Guru Ram Das jee for a long period of time. During that period of separation he sent these three letters to his beloved Guru and Father. Reciting this shabad brings union of the beloved. The fourth shabad was added by Guru Arjan Sahib jee at the time of the union with Guru Ram Das jee.

A cousin of Guru Ram Das came to Amritsar from Lahore especially to ask Guru Sahib to attend his son's wedding. Guru Ji said, "I will not be able to go because I can't leave my duties here as Guru. Perhaps I can send one of my sons instead."

Guru Ram Das Ji had three sons: Baba Prithi Chand or Prithia, Baba Mahadev and Arjan Mal. Prithia was in charge of collecting donations, of which he secretly took a portion for himself. When the Guru asked him to attend the wedding, Prithia said, "I have to take care of the collections. And I hate going to weddings."

Actually, he was afraid if he were away from the Guru for too long, he might not be appointed the Guru's successor. Having no luck with Prithia, Guru Ji then turned to Mahadev. Mahadev lived his life in meditation and said, "I have no desire to involve myself in worldly affairs."

Finally, Guru Sahib Ji asked Arjan if he would go. Arjan said, "I only desire to do what you wish." Guru Ji was very pleased. He asked Arjan to spend some time in Lahore to share the Guru's teachings with the Sikhs there. Any donations he received were to be given to the free kitchen to feed the poor. The last words he said to Arjan were, "You should stay in Lahore until I send for you by letter."

Arjan Mal stayed in Lahore after the wedding and grew to be much loved by his relations and the Sikhs there. Still, all the time he was there, his heart was with his father, Guru Ram Das Ji. When he expressed his longing to his new friends, they suggested he write a letter asking that he be able to return. Arjan Mal wrote a beautiful shabad :

"My soul longs for the Guru like the pied-cuckoo longs for the rain of the monsoon. I am always a sacrifice unto the True Guru."

He sent this letter with one of the Sikhs who had come with him to Lahore. When the messenger reached Amritsar, Prithia saw him and suspected that he had a letter for the Guru from his brother. He said,"I will take the letter to the Guru myself." When he read the letter he knew that it was so beautiful that it would move the Guru's heart in Arjan's favor. So he hid the letter in his coat and sent the Sikh back to Arjan telling him that the Guru said he should stay in Lahore until sent for. When Arjan received this message, he knew that Prithia, and not his father, had sent the message.

He then wrote a second letter with strict orders that it be given only to the Guru. In it, he wrote, "I love the sight of the Guru's face and the sound of his words, and it has been long since I have seen him. I am ever a sacrifice unto the True Guru." This time, Prithia grabbed the letter out of the messenger's hands, and grew more angry than before. Again, he hid the letter in his coat. He sent another message that Arjan was to remain in Lahore until sent for. When Arjan heard this from the messenger, he wrote a third letter, this time putting a number "3" on it. He told the messenger to be on his guard against Prithia and to give the letter to Guru Ram Das Ji himself. The messenger waited until Prithia had to go home, and then quickly reached the Guru and gave him the letter.

In it, Arjan said, "Each second away from the Guru is like an age. I cannot sleep without a sight of the Guru. I am ever a sacrifice unto him." On this letter, the Guru saw the number "3", and knew instantly that he had not received the other two letters. The messenger related the story to him, and the Guru grew very angry. He called for Prithia and asked him three times if he knew anything about the other letters. Prithia denied it every time. The all knowing Guru knew his thoughts, and told the messenger to go get the coat in Prithia's house. When he returned with it, the two missing letters were in the pocket. The Guru charged Prithia with lying in front of the whole congregation, and laid bare his disobedience to the Guru.

At once, the Guru sent Bhai Buddha to Lahore with a carriage to bring Arjan Mal home as soon as possible. When Arjan was finally united with his father, he placed his head on Guru Sahib Ji's chest against his long beard. He remained that way for many moments, while the Guru held him gently in his arms. The Guru then said that as he had written three stanzas, he should write a fourth to finish the poem. Arjan wrote the last verse saying, "It is my good fortune to have met the True Guru, and I have found the Immortal God in my own home. My greatest desire is to never be separated from him again, not even for an instant. I am ever a sacrifice to the True Guru."

Upon hearing this, the Guru was very pleased. He said, "The Guruship is passed on because of merit. As only the one who is most humble can claim it, I grant it to you." Guru Ji then sent for a coconut and five paisey and placed them before Arjan. He descended from his throne and seated Arjan upon it in front of the whole sangat. Bhai Buddha pressed the tilak on Arjan's forehead as a symbol that the light of Guru Ram Das Ji had now passed to Arjan, who then became Guru Arjan Dev Ji the fifth Guru of the Sikhs.
Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Sahib ji! This sakhi is highly intense with unconditional love Guru Sahib had for Guru Raam Dass ji.There are no words to describe it!

The 3 letters by Guru Sahib ji from Lahore to Guru Raam Das ji:

1st Letter:
ਮਾਝ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ਚਉਪਦੇ ਘਰੁ ੧ ॥
Maajh, Fifth Mehl, Chau-Padas, First House:

ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨੁ ਲੋਚੈ ਗੁਰ ਦਰਸਨ ਤਾਈ ॥
My mind longs for the Blessed Vision of the Guru's Darshan.

ਬਿਲਪ ਕਰੇ ਚਾਤ੍ਰਿਕ ਕੀ ਨਿਆਈ ॥
It cries out like the thirsty song-bird.

ਤ੍ਰਿਖਾ ਨ ਉਤਰੈ ਸਾਂਤਿ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਬਿਨੁ ਦਰਸਨ ਸੰਤ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥
My thirst is not quenched, and I can find no peace, without the Blessed Vision of the Beloved Saint. ||1||

ਹਉ ਘੋਲੀ ਜੀਉ ਘੋਲਿ ਘੁਮਾਈ ਗੁਰ ਦਰਸਨ ਸੰਤ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice, to the Blessed Vision of the Beloved Saint Guru. ||1||Pause||

2nd Letter:
ਤੇਰਾ ਮੁਖੁ ਸੁਹਾਵਾ ਜੀਉ ਸਹਜ ਧੁਨਿ ਬਾਣੀ ॥
Your Face is so Beautiful, and the Sound of Your Words imparts intuitive wisdom.

ਚਿਰੁ ਹੋਆ ਦੇਖੇ ਸਾਰਿੰਗਪਾਣੀ ॥
It is so long since this rain-bird has had even a glimpse of water.

ਧੰਨੁ ਸੁ ਦੇਸੁ ਜਹਾ ਤੂੰ ਵਸਿਆ ਮੇਰੇ ਸਜਣ ਮੀਤ ਮੁਰਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੨॥
Blessed is that land where You dwell, O my Friend and Intimate Divine Guru. ||2||

ਹਉ ਘੋਲੀ ਹਉ ਘੋਲਿ ਘੁਮਾਈ ਗੁਰ ਸਜਣ ਮੀਤ ਮੁਰਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
I am a sacrifice, I am forever a sacrifice, to my Friend and Intimate Divine Guru. ||1||Pause||

3rd Letter:
ਇਕ ਘੜੀ ਨ ਮਿਲਤੇ ਤਾ ਕਲਿਜੁਗੁ ਹੋਤਾ ॥
When I could not be with You for just one moment, the Dark Age of Kali Yuga dawned for me.

ਹੁਣਿ ਕਦਿ ਮਿਲੀਐ ਪ੍ਰਿਅ ਤੁਧੁ ਭਗਵੰਤਾ ॥
When will I meet You, O my Beloved Lord?

ਮੋਹਿ ਰੈਣਿ ਨ ਵਿਹਾਵੈ ਨੀਦ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਬਿਨੁ ਦੇਖੇ ਗੁਰ ਦਰਬਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੩॥
I cannot endure the night, and sleep does not come, without the Sight of the Beloved Guru's Court. ||3||

ਹਉ ਘੋਲੀ ਜੀਉ ਘੋਲਿ ਘੁਮਾਈ ਤਿਸੁ ਸਚੇ ਗੁਰ ਦਰਬਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice, to that True Court of the Beloved Guru. ||1||Pause||

The 4th pauree Guru Raam Dass ji requested Guru Arjan Dev Sahib Maharaj to complete:

ਭਾਗੁ ਹੋਆ ਗੁਰਿ ਸੰਤੁ ਮਿਲਾਇਆ ॥
By good fortune, I have met the Saint Guru.

ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਅਬਿਨਾਸੀ ਘਰ ਮਹਿ ਪਾਇਆ ॥
I have found the Immortal Lord within the home of my own self.

ਸੇਵ ਕਰੀ ਪਲੁ ਚਸਾ ਨ ਵਿਛੁੜਾ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸ ਤੁਮਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੪॥
I will now serve You forever, and I shall never be separated from You, even for an instant. Servant Nanak is Your slave, O Beloved Master. ||4||

ਹਉ ਘੋਲੀ ਜੀਉ ਘੋਲਿ ਘੁਮਾਈ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸ ਤੁਮਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥੧॥੮॥
I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice; servant Nanak is Your slave, Lord. ||Pause||1||8||

Dhan Piarey Guru Arjan Dev Sahib !

Chota veer
June 16, 2010 06:57AM
gursewak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I remember there were some very
> Important/teachingful conversations between MIAAAN
> MIR and Pancham Patsah during the STONE LAYING
> Ceremony of Darbar Sahib and while Guru Sahib was
> sitting on TATTTI LOH(cant recall the entire). Can
> some gurmukh please do this favour to write it for
> us.

Dass is also eager to know about these conversations in detail!

Anyone from Sangat, pls kirpa karo!

I only remember a part of the concversation between Sri Guru Arjan Dev Maharaj and Miaan Pir when he was being tortured.
Mian Pir becomes very sad and angry that such a pious soul is being given such cruel tortures. He offers Guru Arjan Dev Ji that if Guru Ji gives him hukam, he'll destroy the whole of that town!
Guru Ji then asks Miaan Pir to look upwards, and Miaan Pir sees so many Devi-Devtais, etc showering flowers and singing Guru Ji's glories. Then Guru Ji says that he is capable enough to do that himself, but he is taking all these hardships as Waheguru Ji's hukam!

If anyone can add to this, it would be great!

Dass,
JP
It is Sri Guru Jis shaheedi purb today!

This is the place where SatGuroo Arjan Dev Sahib Maharaj disappeared in Ravi river...

This is the Sri Hukamnama Sahib which was given today(16/6/2010) by Sri Guru ji at Gurdwara Dera Sahib,Lahore after the bhog:

ਧਨਾਸਰੀਮਹਲਾ ੩ ॥
ਕਾਚਾਧਨੁਸੰਚਹਿਮੂਰਖਗਾਵਾਰ ॥
ਮਨਮੁਖਭੂਲੇਅੰਧਗਾਵਾਰ ॥
ਬਿਖਿਆਕੈਧਨਿਸਦਾਦੁਖੁਹੋਇ ॥
ਨਾਸਾਥਿਜਾਇਨਪਰਾਪਤਿਹੋਇ ॥੧॥
ਸਾਚਾਧਨੁਗੁਰਮਤੀਪਾਏ ॥
ਕਾਚਾਧਨੁਫੁਨਿਆਵੈਜਾਏ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਮਨਮੁਖਿਭੂਲੇਸਭਿਮਰਹਗਵਾਰ ॥
ਭਵਜਲਿਡੂਬੇਨਉਰਵਾਰਿਨਪਾਰਿ ॥
ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁਭੇਟੇਪੂਰੈਭਾਗਿ ॥
ਸਾਚਿਰਤੇਅਹਿਨਿਸਿਬੈਰਾਗਿ ॥੨
ਚਹੁਜੁਗਮਹਿਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁਸਾਚੀਬਾਣੀ ॥
ਪੂਰੈਭਾਗਿਹਰਿਨਾਮਿਸਮਾਣੀ ॥
ਸਿਧਸਾਧਿਕਤਰਸਹਿਸਭਿਲੋਇ ॥
ਪੂਰੈਭਾਗਿਪਰਾਪਤਿਹੋਇ ॥੩॥
ਸਭੁਕਿਛੁਸਾਚਾਸਾਚਾਹੈਸੋਇ ॥
ਊਤਮਬ੍ਰਹਮੁਪਛਾਣੈਕੋਇ ॥.
ਸਚੁਸਾਚਾਸਚੁਆਪਿਦ੍ਰਿੜਾਏ ॥
ਨਾਨਕਆਪੇਵੇਖੈਆਪੇਸਚਿਲਾਏ ॥੪॥੭॥

Chota veer
June 16, 2010 09:45AM
ਰਹਿਦੇ ਗੁਰੁ ਦਰੀਆਉ ਵਿਚਿ ਮੀਨ ਕੁਲੀਨ ਹੇਤੁ ਨਿਰਬਾਣੀ ।
ਦਰਸਨੁ ਦੇਖਿ ਪਤੰਗ ਜਿਉ ਜੋਤੀ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਜੋਤਿ ਸਮਾਣੀ ।
ਸਬਦੁ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਲਿਵ ਮਿਰਗ ਜਿਉ ਭੀੜ ਪਈ ਚਿਤਿ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਆਣੀ ।
ਚਰਣ ਕਵਲ ਮਿਲਿ ਭਵਰ ਜਿਉ ਸੁਖ ਸੰਪਟ ਵਿਚਿ ਰੈਣਿ ਵਿਹਾਣੀ ।
ਗੁਰੁ ਉਪਦੇਸੁ ਨ ਵਿਸਰੈ ਬਾਬੀਹੇ ਜਿਉ ਆਖ ਵਖਾਣੀ ।
ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸੁਖ ਫਲੁ ਪਿਰਮ ਰਸੁ ਸਹਜ ਸਮਾਧਿ ਸਾਧ ਸੰਗਿ ਜਾਣੀ ।
ਗੁਰ ਅਰਜਨ ਵਿਟਹੁ ਕੁਰਬਾਣੀ ॥੨੩॥

Liberating the soul from the body, Guru (Arjan Dev) stabilised himself in the water of river as the fish remains in water.
As the moth throws itself into the flame, his light mingled with light of the Lord.
Caring not for life, as the deer keeps its consciousness concentrated when in peril, the Guru also, when undergoing suffering kept none else except the Lord in his consciousness.
As the black bee remains enrapt in the petals of flower to enjoy fragrance, the Guru also spent night of suffering by keeping joyfully his concentration on the feet of Lord.
The Guru like a rain bird spoke to his disciples that the teachings of the Guru should not be forgotten.
The pleasure fruit of the Gurmukh (Guru Arjan Dev) is the delight of Love and he accepts the Holy Congregation as the natural state of meditation.
I am sacrifice unto Guru Arjan Dev.(23)

bhai gurdas jee, vaar 24, pauree 23
June 16, 2010 10:07AM
Wah Behnji,somehow you knew that i was planning to read the Meanings of this beautiful Vaar by Bhai Gurdas ji today.

Can someone be as great as Pancham Patsah ? Can someone even think of what he did ? We (today's Sikh) is really forgetting these events that laid the Sikh foundation. Patsah ji kirpa karo sanu vi thoda BHAAANA mannnan di shakti baksho ji !!

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!
June 16, 2010 10:38AM

Gurdwara Dera Sahib Lahore, The place where Guru Sahib Ji got Shaheedi.
June 16, 2010 11:12AM
Vaheguru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ਗੁਰ ਅਰਜਨ ਵਿਟਹੁ ਕੁਰਬਾਣੀ ॥੨੩॥
July 09, 2010 11:10AM
MB Singh ji or anyone - while i learn Punjabi typing pls do kirpa on these few lines(above) too.

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!
July 09, 2010 01:10PM
ਕੀ ਲਿਖੀਏ ਪੰਚਮ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ ਦੇ ਲਈ, ਰੋਮ ਰੋਮ ਉਸ ਦਾ ਕਰਜ਼ਾਈ ਜਾਪਦਾ ਹੈ
ਜਿਸਦੀ ਸੁਖਮਨੀ ਸਿਖ ਨੂੰ ਨਹੀਂ ਲਗਨ ਸੇਕ ਦਿੰਦੀ , ਤੱਤੀ ਤਵੀ ਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਧਿਆਂਵਦਾ ਹੈ ||

ਅਖ ਫੋਰ ਵਿਚ ਸਭ ਹਿਲਾ ਸਕਦਾ, (ਪਰ) ਬੈਠ ਅੱਗ ਤੇ ਬਾਨੀ ਗਾਂਵਦਾ ਹੈ
ਜੁੜੀ ਬੈਠਾ ਹੈ ਉਸ ਦੀ ਯਾਦ ਅੰਦਰ, ਤੱਤੀ ਰੇਤ ਸਿਰ ਵਿਚ ਪਾਵਾਂਵਦਾ ਹੈ ||

ਪਰ੍ਹੋ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਹਜ਼ਾਰੇ ਨਿਤ ਉਸਦੇ, ਕਿਵੇਂ ਪਿਯਾਰ ਵਿਚ ਓਹ ਗੁਰੂ ਨੂੰ ਪੁਕਾਰਦਾ ਹੈ
ਐਸੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਕੀ ਅਸੀਂ ਗੱਲ ਕਰੀਏ, ਜੋ ਨਿਮਾਣੇ ਸਿਖਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਮਾਨ ਦਿਵਾਂਵਦਾ ਹੈ ||

ਸਭ ਦੁਨਿਯਾ ਨੂੰ ਜੋ ਔਲਾਦ ਦਿੰਦਾ , ਖੁਦ ਲਈ ਬਾਬਾ ਬੁਢਾ ਜੀ ਅੱਗੇ ਸਿਰ ਝੁਕਾਵ੍ਨਦਾ ਹੈ
ਕਰ ਤਿਆਰ ਹਰਮਿੰਦਰ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਆਪੇ, ਹੁਕਮ ਲੈਣ ਲਈ ਬਾਬਾ ਬੁਲਾਂਵਦਾ ਹੈ ||

ਕੌਣ ਕਰੂਗਾ ਰੀਸ ਮੇਰੇ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ ਦੀ, ਜੋ ਆਯੀ ਸੰਗਤ ਦੇ ਪੈਰ ਪਯਾ ਝਾੜ੍ਹਦਾ ਹੈ
ਕਿਸੇ ਦੇਸ਼ /ਮਜਹਬ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਸ਼ਰਣ ਆ ਜਾਏ, ਇਹ ਸਭ ਨੂੰ ਗੱਲੇ ਲਾਗਾਵਂਦਾ ਹੈ ||

Rest in next, Veer Ji.
July 09, 2010 10:48PM
That is second part of Gursewak Singh Veer Ji's poem.

ਸਿਖ ਦੇ ਲਈ ਇਸ ਦਾ ਪ੍ਯਾਰ ਦੇਖੋ, ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਦੀ ਬਾਨੀ ਦਾ ਗਰੰਥ ਬਨਾਵਾਦਾ ਹੈ
ਕਿਸੇ ਦੁਬਿਧਾ ਵਿਚ ਇਸ ਦਾ ਸਿਖ ਪੈ ਜਾਏ, ਬਾਂਹ ਦੇ ਕਿ ਦੁਤਰ ਤ੍ਰਾਵਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ||

ਮਾੜੀ ਕਿਸਮਤ ਹੈ ਸਮਝੋ ਉਸ ਸਿਖ ਦੀ, ਐਸੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਨੂੰ ਪਿਠ ਦਿਖਾਵਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ
ਜਿਸ ਦੇ ਕੋਲ ਖ਼ਜ਼ਾਨਾ ਹੈ ਮੰਤਰਾਂ ਦਾ, ਹੋਰ ਦਰਾਂ ਤੇ ਜੋ ਧਕੇ ਖਾਵਂਦਾ ਹੈ ||

ਮੇਰੇ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ ਤੇਰਾ ਦੇਣਾ ਅਸੀਂ ਨਹੀਂ ਦੇ ਸਕਦੇ, ਤੇ ਨਾ ਹੀ ਸਾੰਨੂ ਤੇਰੀ ਸਮਝ ਆਉਂਦੀ,
ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਦੇ ਮੇਰੇ ਸਤਗੁਰਾ , ਸ਼ਹੀਦੀ ਪੁਰਬ ਉਤੇ, ਸਿਖ ਕੌਮ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੇ ਨਾਲ ਲਾ ਲੈ ,
ਅਸੀਂ ਤੇਰੇ ਹੋ ਜਯੀਏ ਤੂੰ ਹੋ ਸਾਡਾ, ਆਪਣੇ ਸੋਹਣੇ ਦੇਸ ਵਿਚ ਇੰਚ ਕੁ ਥਾਂ ਦੇ ਦੇ ||
Shabash Bhai Gursewak Singh jeeo! Wonderful poem about love for Siri Guru Arjun Dev jee!

Kulbir Singh
July 10, 2010 11:40AM
MB Singh ji meharbani !!

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!
July 10, 2010 02:13PM
Thanks to
[www.google.com]
not me.
This 'Thara' is the exact spot where Guru Arjan Dev Sahib ji was made to sit on the tatti tavi. When Guru Hargobind Sahib ji visited Lahore, Sri Guru ji had this thara constructed. :

(it is at Gurdwara Dera Sahib ,Lahore)

Chota veer
The exacts spot where SatGuroo Arjan Dev ji disappeared in Ravi River (the river today has changed its route):

Chota veer
Gurdwara Dera Sahib's Darbar Sahib:

(Picture by Hardeep Malhi)

Chota veer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login