ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bhai Triloka jee's Lightening Sword

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
Background

One day the Divine Darbar of Siri Guru Arjun Dev jee Maharaj was going on at Siri Amritsar Sahib. Bhai Triloka who was a soldier in the Mughal army in Ghazni city of Afghanistan, came for Darshan of Guru Sahib. He placed his head on the Charan Kamal of Guru Sahib and humbly requested Guru Sahib to free him from the bonds of Maya and give him such spiritual lesson so that he may swim across this terrible ocean to Sachkhand.

Guru jee's Nirmal Updesh to Triloka jee

Guru Sahib blessed Triloka with Gurmat Naam and gave him the following Updesh:

ਸੁਨਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਰਿ ਦਯਾ ਸੁਨਾਈ।
ਸਤਿਨਾਮ ਸੋ ਰਹੋ ਲਿਵਲਾਈ।
ਊਠਤਿ ਬੈਠਤਿ ਆਵਤਿ ਜਾਂ ਤੇ।
ਨਹਿਂ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਤਿਆਗਹੁ ਦਿਨ ਰਾਤੇ।
ਪਰਮੇਸੁਰ ਭਾਣੇ ਕੋ ਮਾਨਿ।
ਹਰਖਹੁ ਭਲੀ ਕਰਹਿ ਇਮ ਜਾਨਿ।
ਦੋਸ਼ ਅਰੋਪਹੁ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਮੈਂ।
ਜੋ ਬਯਾਪਕ ਨਭ ਕੀ ਸਮ ਸਭਿ ਮੈ।
ਤਨ ਹੰਤਾ ਕੋ ਤਜਿ ਅਭਯਾਸ।
ਸਨੈ ਸਨੈ ਲਖਿ ਰੂਪ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਸ਼।
ਰਹੁ ਅਹਿੰਸ ਕਰਿ ਸਭ ਪਰ ਦਯਾ।
ਕਿਸ ਕੋ ਨਹੀਂ ਦੁਖਾਵਹੁ ਹਿਯਾ।
ਜਥਾ ਲਾਭ ਕੀਜਹਿ ਸੰਤੋਸ਼ਾ।
ਤਜਹੁ ਬਿਕਾਰ ਆਦਿ ਜੇ ਰੋਸਾ।

Siri Guru jee’s Updesh above captured beautifully by Mahakavi Bhai Sahib Santokh Singh jee Chooramani (I wish I could kiss his hands that wrote such beautiful, inspirational and faith-invoking praise of Guru Sahib), can be summarized as follows:

1. Always keep your concentration in true Naam.

2. Don’t give up Simran ever during the day and night; continue doing it while sitting, standing and walking.

3. Accept the Will of Vaheguru; then Vaheguru would get pleased and bless you.

4. Never blame Vaheguru for anything; he is present in everything.

5. Give up the sensation of the body and slowly recognize the illuminated form of Vaheguru everywhere. Giving up sensation of the body means to give up Haume and pleasures of the body.

6. Stay non-violent towards creatures and have mercy and compassion on everyone.

7. Don’t hurt anyone’s heart.

8. Stay contented in whatever you have.

9. Give up the 5 evils including anger (Krodh).

Bhai Triloka took the teachings of Guru Sahib and carved them in stone, on his heart. He came back to Ghazni where he was employed as a soldier with the Mughals. He was a very able soldier, fully skilled in warfare. He was one of the favourite of the king (governor) and worked in the group that was responsible for the personal security of the king.

Bhai Triloka commits a Great Sin

One day the king went for hunting and Triloka accompanied him since he was part of his personal security. In the jungle, they spotted a female deer and the king asked Triloka to chase her. Triloka’s horse swiftly got close to the deer. Triloka as part of his natural impulse, struck the deer with his sword. The deer got hurt on the stomach area and fell on the ground. She was pregnant and was in great pain. Then out of her stomach came two deer calves. All three stayed in pain for some time and then died in front of Triloka’s eyes.

Bhai Triloka was devastated. He cursed himself for committing such a sin just for the sake of entertainment. He remembered Guru Sahib’s hukam to have mercy and compassion for all creatures. He felt that he had disobeyed Guru Sahib’s Hukam and committed a great sin. He lost his appetite and went into depression.

After doing deep thinking, he came to the conclusion that he was not going to commit such a sin again. He thought that if he did not have sword, he could have avoided killing the deer. That day he got a special sword made out of wood with handle that of Sarbloh. He started wearing this sword of wood from that day. Only he knew about his wooden sword.

Bhai Triloka in trouble

One day, someone who did not like him, somehow found out that Triloka jee had started wearing a wooden sword. He complained to the king. The king was very fond of Triloka jee and did not believe a single word of the Nindak (slanderer). At this the Nindak said that he was willing to undergo any punishment if his information was found to be false. This way with constant cajoling he sowed the seed of suspicion in the mind of the king.

The king did not want to ask Bhai Triloka directly if he was wearing a wooden sword. So he called an assembly of all his elite soldiers and told all of them that he was going to test their weapons. He first took out his own sword and showed it to all. This way he started checking swords of all soldiers.

Bhai Triloka was terrified at the thought of getting caught with a wooden sword. The embarrassment would have been too much for him to sustain. He started doing Gupt Ardaas before Guru Sahib to save his honour. He pleaded before Guru Sahib to keep his honour in the same way he had kept the honour of Panchaali and saved her from getting naked. His mind in a matter of seconds attained full concentration and right at that point Guru Sahib decided to keep his honour.

Bhai Triloka jee's Honour is kept

The king arrived near Bhai Triloka and smilingly asked him to show his sword so that he may see what stamp his sword had. Triloka said that his sword had the stamp of his Guru and saying “Vaheguru” and he confidently took out his Siri Sahib (sword). When he took out his sword, it was as if lightening had fallen on the assembly. The shine of the sword was breathtaking and the edge of the sword was so sharp that no one had seen such edge before. Everyone who saw the sword was stunned.

The Mughal was extremely pleased and right on the spot doubled his salary. The Nindak who had complained to the king had his face blackened and kicked out of the court.

Bhai Triloka’s Rom-Rom (every cell) was filled with gratitude for Guru Sahib. Guru Sahib had kept his honour in such way that his faith in Guru Sahib increased manifold. After few months he personally came to Siri Amritsar and narrated his story in the Darbar of Guru Sahib. Everyone who heard this Saakhi were saying Dhan Guru! Dhan Guru!

May Guru Sahib bless us with the faith required to please Guru Sahib.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Adapted from Gurpratap Sooraj Prakash and Sikha di Bhagatmala.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
great post jeeo what great bharosaa!
Great Saakhi of faith in Guru Sahib.

Veer Ji, I have one more suggestion, if possible to be complied. The references or the sources of sakhies, should be given at the end or the beginning, that will add to its impact.
ਅਪੁਨੇਸੇਵਕਕੀਆਪੇਰਾਖੈਆਪੇਨਾਮੁਜਪਾਵੈ ॥
ਜਹਜਹਕਾਜਕਿਰਤਿਸੇਵਕਕੀਤਹਾਤਹਾਉਠਿਧਾਵੈ ॥1॥

[www.sikhitothemax.com]

May Guroo Saahib bless us with such faith too. Dhan Guroo, Dhan Guroo Pyaaray!

Jatinderpal Singh

Veer Ji, I have one more suggestion, if possible to be complied. The references or the sources of sakhies, should be given at the end or the beginning, that will add to its impact.

Thanks for the suggestion MB Singh jeeo and Sat Bachan jee.

Kulbir Singh
So many gem like gursikhs from the time of Guru Arjan Dev ji! These sakhis are so overwhelming, Guru sahib and these gursikhs are so dhan dhan!
vaheguroo how lucky to get a siri sahib for guroo sahib himself dhan guroo ke pyareh
I like the moral of this story, but I believe the above story is a made up story.

Even though the Mughals did not become completely tyrannical untill Jahangir the Mughal administration was still engrossed in Manmat ( Halal, prositution, hooka, etc). No way would a Gurmukh ever work for an administration. Sri Dasmesh Pita had forbade his Sikhs to not work for such people. The Maryada that Sri Dasmesh promoted is no different then Pehli Paatshah. In fact Pehli Paatshah called Babbar a Tyrant so why would a Gurmukh work for a Tyrant?
I think Bhai Triloka Jee was already working for the Mughals before he became a Sikh. The Mughals during the time of Akbar were not so bad I think. They were tolerant until Jahangir came to power.
Bhai Sahib Singh Ji whom was one of the first to take Khandi Di Pahul was a barber before taking Amrit. But for obvious reasons he quit his profession as a barber . Wouldnt BHai Triloka Je do the same thing after taking Amrit?

I like the moral of this story, but I believe the above story is a made up story.

Even though the Mughals did not become completely tyrannical untill Jahangir the Mughal administration was still engrossed in Manmat ( Halal, prositution, hooka, etc). No way would a Gurmukh ever work for an administration. Sri Dasmesh Pita had forbade his Sikhs to not work for such people. The Maryada that Sri Dasmesh promoted is no different then Pehli Paatshah. In fact Pehli Paatshah called Babbar a Tyrant so why would a Gurmukh work for a Tyrant?

I don't think this story is made up for the above stated reason. There are far too many examples of people who were employed with the Mughals and were still Gurmukhs. So much so that during the post Siri Dasmesh jee period, Subegh Singh and Shahbaz Singh who later on got shaheed by charkhadi used to work for the Lahore govt. There was no Hukam from Siri Guru Nanak Dev jee or Siri Guru Arjun Dev jee to not be employed by the Mughal Sarkar.

Another reason why I think this Saakhi is authentic is that many Gurmukhs have quoted this Saakhi while doing Parchaar. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee, in his book on meat, has quoted this Saakhi and the miracle that occurred in this Saakhi.

Baaki, Guru Sahib knows better.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Veer Ji I have no doubts that there were people who were in the Mughal Army who converted to Sikhi after coming into contack with Guru Sahib. Who could resist the King of Kings. But I have a hard time believing a Gurmukh would work for a false king after coming into the path of the True King.

From Pehli Paatshah the Panth has always been an independent nation who governed themselves. Guru Sahib first started his kingdom in Kartarpur Sahib. Much work needed to be done, much sevadars was needed. When Sri Guru Arjan Sahib reigned as True King the same time Bhai Trioloka supposedly worked for the Mughal Army still much panthic work was needed since Harmandir Sahib was created.So why would Bhai Sahib work for them instead ?

Lets not forget who the false king was during Sri Guru Arjan Sahib reigned. Jahangir was one of the biggest tyrants in history. IN Fact, he makes Hitler look like a saint.st He was a wahabbi Muslim the most fanatical sect which is like Bin Laden. His administration made strong efforts to propagate this form of Islam its seems strange that a Gursikh would work for such an administration when there was much GUrmat parchar needed. It was under Jahangir reign that Gursikhs were forbidden to bear arms, ride horses, wear BaNa ( including dastar) have big buildings. But Sri Guru HarGobind Sahib oppose this false king and told Sangat to donate horses and weapons. In fact , Guru Sahib had Sri Akal Takht built which stood as one of the tallest buildings in India. Im puzzled as to why a Gurmukh would work for such a barbaric tyrant like the Mughals ( Turks).

There are far to many rehatnamey that say to work for the panth and not work for the barbaric tyrants. They are considered kusangat we are not to eat, sleep, or socialize with such people how can we work for such people. Who is above Guru Sahibs rehat? Also, It seems strange that anybody would work for the brutes after Sri Dasmesh.

I wish I had more time to write all the rehatnamey that forbid working and socializing with the Mughals ( Turks) but I have to gosad smiley
ਸੁਲਹੀ ਤੇ ਨਾਰਾਇਣ ਰਾਖੁ ॥

The Lord saved me from Sulhi Khan.

ਸੁਲਹੀ ਕਾ ਹਾਥੁ ਕਹੀ ਨ ਪਹੁਚੈ ਸੁਲਹੀ ਹੋਇ ਮੂਆ ਨਾਪਾਕੁ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

The emperor did not succeed in his plot, and he died in disgrace. ||1||Pause||

This is what the Mughal Admin had in mind . Why would a Gurmukh work for such people?
bhai kulbir singh jee please can you state the source of the sakhi.

if we are doubting this sakhi, then why not doubt others?

A sikh has a special relationship with Satguru. Everyday we ask for bharosaa daan. We should not doubt the above sakhi is fabricated. Samrath Guru can do anything

bhai kulbir singh jee please can you state the source of the sakhi.

The sources of the Saakhi are: Gurpratap Sooraj Prakash and Sikha di Bhagatmala.

Kulbir Singh
Veer Sukhdeep Singh jio,

There are countless examples of Ranglay Sajjans working under the British government. Whilst Bhai sahib Randhir Singh ji was imprisoned by the British, Bau Mal Singh ji worked under the British government. There are countless Ranglay Sajjans that worked under the British rule, gursikhs such as; Bau Mal Singh ji, Hira Harbachan Singh ji, Baba Maghar Singh ji and countless others. The British sarkaar ruined India and Sikh Raj but gursikhs still worked under these governments.

At the same time, working for a government doesn't make you a non-sikh. Even today, countless gursikhs work under the Anti Sikh government of India and countless work under other such non-sikh governments. Even in countries in the West, Canada, USA and UK, we work under these non-sikh governments.

For me and i'm sure for alot of us, the fact that Bhai sahib Randhir Singh ji qoutes this sakhi is enough to believe its true. Who knows better than Bhai sahib Randhir Singh ji?

Bhulla khimma karnia ji.
Amritvela Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Veer Sukhdeep Singh jio,
>
> There are countless examples of Ranglay Sajjans
> working under the British government. Whilst Bhai
> sahib Randhir Singh ji was imprisoned by the
> British, Bau Mal Singh ji worked under the British
> government. There are countless Ranglay Sajjans
> that worked under the British rule, gursikhs such
> as; Bau Mal Singh ji, Hira Harbachan Singh ji,
> Baba Maghar Singh ji and countless others. The
> British sarkaar ruined India and Sikh Raj but
> gursikhs still worked under these governments.
>
> At the same time, working for a government doesn't
> make you a non-sikh. Even today, countless
> gursikhs work under the Anti Sikh government of
> India and countless work under other such non-sikh
> governments. Even in countries in the West,
> Canada, USA and UK, we work under these non-sikh
> governments.
>
> For me and i'm sure for alot of us, the fact that
> Bhai sahib Randhir Singh ji quotes this sakhi is
> enough to believe its true. Who knows better than
> Bhai sahib Randhir Singh ji?
>
> Bhulla khimma karnia ji.

Veer Ji im not saying its wrong to work for the Government. I myself work for a government institution, but if the Government trys to force their religious beliefs on me or others then I would resign tomorrow .There are many democratic secular governments in the West that govern with fairness, equality , and justice. These governments have a separation between church and state meaning they do not function on the basis of a particular Dharam, unlike the Turks who tried to enforce ISlamic law on all religious minorities.

In Guru Sahibs 52 commandments Guru Sahib tells his Khalsa to govern independently and not to give authority to the works of Governments belonging to other faiths.Guru Sahib tells us to recognize fully (with great faith) the administration is a dying disease.

੨੭. ਸੁਤੰਤਰ ਵਿਚਰਨਾ। ਰਾਜ ਕਾਜ ਦਿਆਂ ਕਮਾਂ ਉਤੇ ਦੂਸਰੇ ਮਤਾਂ ਲੋਕਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਅਧਿਕਾਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਦੇਣਾ। ਤੁਰਕ ਸੁ ਜਾਨਹਿ ਰੋਗ ਸਮਾਨ

Guru Sahib is telling the tyrannical rule of the Turks will come to an end. Surely the Singhs had faith in Guru Sahibs bachan at Nandar, so why would any Gurmukh work for the Mughals knowing their rule will end due to their oppression?

These Mughals were complete savages they tried to completely destroy India and kill many people starting with the most influential people of India ( the Bahamans). Guru Sahib has said these oppressive people need to be dealt with sufficiently. Guru Sahib instructs us to kill the fanatical Turk.

ਗੋ ਗ੍ਰਹਮਨ ਕੀ ਰਖਿਆ ਕਰੈ। ਤੁਰਕਨ ਸੋਂ ਅਤਿ ਹਠ ਕਰਿ ਮਰੈ।
Bhai Desa SIngh Ji

GUru Sahib has also stated any Gursikh who treats his home as a headquater for the Turks is a false Sikh.

ਜੋ ਸਿਖ ਆਪਣੇ ਘਰ ਦੇ ਕਮ ਵਿਚ ਤੁਰਕ ਮੁਖਤਿਆਰ ਕਰੇ, ਸੋ ਤਨਖਾਹੀਆ( Bhai Chaupa Singh REhatnama)

THis is an indication to not work for the Mughals. In Bhai Chaups Singhs Rehanama there is also mention to not accept the friendship of a Turk ( Mughal) is a false Sikh.

ਤੁਰਕ ਦੀ ਯਾਰ੍ਹ੍ਵੀ ਮਨਾਏ, ਸੋ ਤਨਖਾਹੀਆ।

Bhai Desa Singh Ji says not to trust a Mughal ( Turk)

ਤੁਰਕਨ ਪਰ ਬਿਸਵਾਸ ਨ ਕਰੀਏ

In Bhai nand lal Jis rehatnama Guru Sahib has mentioned the Khalsa keep the maleysh ( Mughal) far. So why would a Gurmukh keep the close company of the maleysh?

ਖਾਲਸਾ ਸੋਇ ਨਾਮ ਜਪ ਕਰੈ। ਖਾਲਸਾ ਸੋਇ ਮਲੇਛ ਪਰ ਚੜੈ।

Bhai Daya Singh Ji was a saint warrior. He did much Gurmat Parachar and spread the Khalsa Administration far and wide. In Bhai Daya Singh Ji rehatnama , Guru Sahib instructs Khalsa is he whom works for the Panth and offers their mind, wealth, and body to the panth.

ਧਰਮ ਕਿਰਤ ਪਾਇ, ਖਾਲਸਾ ਸੋ ਜਿਨ ਤਨ, ਮਨ, ਧਨ ਗੁਰੂ ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਕੋ ਸੌਪਿਆ ਹੈ

In addition BHai Sahib notes anyone who takes Amrit and then bows ( submits) at the door ( adminsitration/authority) of a Turk is a false Sikh. IS there any different then submitting or working for the Turk administration.

ਖੰਡੇ ਕਾ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਛਕਿ ਤੁਰਕ ਦੁਆਰੇ ਸੀਸ ਨਿਵਾਵੈ, ਸੋ ਤਨਖਾਹੀਆ

Bhai Daya Singh Ji also notes anybody who keeps the sangat of the Turk will go to hell. How can one work for the administration without having their company?

ਤੁਰਕੋਂ ਕਿ ਸੰਗਤ ਕਰੈ ਓੁਸ ਕੁਸੰਗਤ ਮੈਂ ਨ ਮੇਲ ਕਰੇ, ਅੰਤ ਕੋ ਵਹਿ ਨਰਕ ਮੈਂ ਜਾਇਗਾ

What Im saying it would be wrong to
work for the Mughals who not only slandered Guru Sahib, but also attempted to kill Guru Sahib many times.
ਸੁਲਹੀ ਤੇ ਨਾਰਾਇਣ ਰਾਖੁ ॥ਸੁਲਹੀ ਕਾ ਹਾਥੁ ਕਹੀ ਨ ਪਹੁਚੈ ਸੁਲਹੀ ਹੋਇ ਮੂਆ ਨਾਪਾਕੁ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

THe life of such people are cursed why would a Gurmukh work for such people after taking Amrit?

Isnt part of our GUrmat Bibek to keep distance from bad company? So why would a Gurmukh keep the company of a Guru-Nindak?

ਸੰਗਿ ਕੁਸੰਗੀ ਬੈਸਤੇ ਤਬ ਪੂਛੈ ਧਰਮ ਰਾਇ ॥੨੧੧॥

When people sit in evil company, the Righteous Judge of Dharma calls them to account. ||211||

_ Sri Guru Arjan Sahib Ji.

Any story that does not line up with Gurmat-Rehat is fabricated.
- sorry If I have offended anybody
so sukhdeep singh ji you are suggesting bhai randhir singh ji was wrong and accepted a fake story? vaheguru!
Sukhdeep Singh Jee, everyday we read in the Ardas and remember those two Shaheed Gursikhs Bhai Subegh Singh Jee and Bhai Shahbaz Singh Jee (Charkriaan te Charre). They worked for the Mughals in Lahore Suba during the most difficult period in the Panth's history when most Sikhs had to live in jungles. These two are honoured to this day.
Veer Ji, Sukhdeep Singh Ji, you are not offending anybody. An important view of history through the window of Rehatname is being reported. Bohut bohut dhanwaad for that, Ji. We must be vigilant like that.

But, I am sorry to disagree with your Rejection of the Saakhi in the said pretext. Our history has many episodes, which report similar incidences. A sikh is always in the process of Sikhi. We live in the system, yet with the GURU.

In the above Saakhi, Bhai Triloka Ji, is not disobeying any major Rehat of Guru Ji, by accompanying the King as a soldier. A lesson of mercy on animals is always too be learnt.

How do we justify the case of British Govt Employment by Singhs as quoted by Amritvela Veer Ji.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Hove Ji.
I have thought about this again and still the Shardha in this Saakhi remains. As "Amritvela" pointed out, Ranglay Sajjan like Bau Mal Singh jee and Hira Harbachan Singh were working for the British right at the time when Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh was being tortured in their jails. Bhai Sahib himself did not work for anyone after quiting his first job as a Sub Tehsildaar but he did not stop anyone else from working for the British. Just because Bhai Triloka was working for the Mughals does not make this Saakhi a fake Saakhi. Numerous Mahapurakhs including Bhai Sahib have quoted this Saakhi. It can't be a fake Saakhi.

The Rehitnamas you quoted are all post-Siri Dasmesh jee period and still we find so many Singhs like Bhai Shahbaaz Singh and Bhai Subegh Singh working for the Mughals. It may not have been the best thing to do but the fact of the matter is that such examples do exist in history.

I agree that it would have been best if these above stated Singhs did not work for the govt. but the truth is that they did work for the govt and we have to accept these facts of history. Having said that, your points are well taken. Keep up your vigilance.

Guru Sahib knows better.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
To all the above Veer Jis again im sorry to offend and question the motive of MahaPurakhs. There is no doubt that many MahaPurakhs worked for the British Army. There are too many MahaPurakhs to mention that worked for the British Govt/Army. I dont know why they did perhaps Tat Gurmat was covered up by the British..Bhai Randhir Singh Ji did work for the government but quit after learning more about Sikhi and the injustices of the British. Perhaps there are some rehats that other MahaPurushs didnt follow? Again I dont know only Guru Sahib knows the motives of his beloved ones.ALL I know is from Pehli Paatshah the panth has always had its own kingdom and who ever served in this administration got Mukhti.

There are many too many to count Mahapursh that didnt follow Sarab Loh Bibek does this mean Sarab Loh Bibek is not important? I have much respect for Gurmukh saints but I have learned that nobody is greater then Guru Sahibs orders. The rehatnamey I mentioned were not after Sri Dasmesh Jis times. Guru Sahib wrote the 52 Hukumnaey in Hazoor Sahib. All the rehatnameys mentioned start with how the Gurmukhs approached Guru Sahib and asked Guru Sahib what is the code of conduct that will bring liberation. Here is an example from my favorite rehatnama BHai Daya Singh JI

ਸ੍ਰਿ ਦਸਵੀ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹੀ ਅੰਨਦਪੁਰ ਮੈਂ ਬੈਠ ਥੇ, ਦਯਾ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਪ੍ਰਸ਼ਨ ਕੀਆ ਜੁ ਮਹਾਰਾਜ ਜਿ ! ਰਹਿਤਨਾਮਾ ਕਹੀਏ ਜਿਸ ਕੇ ਸੁਨਨੇ ਸੇ ਮੁਕਤ ਹੋਇ।

This is similar to the way Bhai Nand Lal approached Guru Sahib to scribe the Khalsa Rehat Maryada. Bhai Sahibs rehatnama can viewed at

[www.vidhia.com]

go to page 248 and you will notice that Bhai Sahib asks GUru Ji what are the violations ( disobedience) of the Maryada. I believe the Gurmukhs were there at the time of Vasakhi and they were given the seva to scribe the Khalsa Code of Conduct.

I first questioned the Sakhis because I could never imagine a Gurmukh violating Guru Sahibs orders perhaps I should have taken other things into consideration. When I first commented on this thread I did not take into consideration that many people have been raised with these stroies, and they have built their faith from these stories so forgive me for being insensitive. In the future I will be more mindful in such matters.

Since the Sakhi was written by Shaheed Bhai Mani Singh Ji then for sure it is real. So perhaps Bhai Triloka Ji had some unknown reason working for the Turks? Either way thanks to Veer Kulbir Singh Ji for posting the Sakhi there were much values to learn from this Sakhi. Again sorry for any mistakes
VeerJio, perhaps bhaorsa and the power of Naam was to be shown through Bhai Tirlokha ji? Maybe this is why Bhai Tirlokha ji worked as a soldier for the Mughals. Maybe this is the way Guru Sahib choose to show us this incredible faith via Bhai Tirlokha ji. Perhaps this was the way Bhai Tirlokha ji was to shine and was to realise the extent of Guru Sahib ji's Kirpa. Maybe you can see it this way and take fruit from the sakhi as we all are. There are countless sakhis where gursikhs were put into situations where their actions bought glory to Guru Sahib. I believe, all these occasions didn't happen at the wish of the gursikhs but at the Hukam of Guru sahib to bring glory upon Naam.

Again, Bhai sahib Randhir Singh ji qoutes this sakhi which leaves not even a thought for speculation. Bhai sahib Randhir Singh ji was no average gursikh.

I hope this discussion can end here and we can all enjoy the sakhi. Please don't feel offended smiling smiley I'm glad you like to think for yourself and research!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login