ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Greatness Of Siri Japjee Sahib

Posted by Vista 
I've being meaning to write something about Siri Japjee Sahib, this what comes to my mind

This BaNee is very deep and is jewel like all the GurbaNee blessed from Akaal Purakh

1.It was the first BaNee to ucharaned by Satguru Jee
2.It is the first BaNee is Siree Guru Granth Sahib Jee
3.It is the first BaNee in our Nitnem & Amrith Sanchaars to be read
4.It is recited whilst doing Degh,Aatam Sanskaars, Janam Sanchaars

Many Gursikhs have done intense Abhyass of Siree Japjee Sahib

The following is from what i have read about Gursikhs, please correct any mistakes as i'm doing from memory

1.Baba Deep Singh Jee Amar Shaheed was known to do 110 Japjee Sahibs a day

2.In Puratan Times Gursikhs would do 5 Japjee Sahibs & Anand Sahibs before Panchmesh Pita jee put together the Adi Granth Bir

3.Bhai Bibi Chand Jee was known to do 25 Japjee Sahibs this is what gave him the Shakti for his Seva

4.Bhai Randhir Singh Jee did many paaths of Japjee Sahibs, many blessings were given from Satguru Jee

5.Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee did 110 paaths daily, in their total jeevan they were known to do 125,000 paaths and maybe much more

6.Baba Khazan Singh Jee did 125,000 who was the father of Baba Sunder Singh Jee

9.Shaheed Bhai Dalbir Singh "Abhyassi" use to stand in the Sarovar at Siri Darbar Sahib at do 14 hours of Japjee Sahibs de paath

10.Shaheed Bhai Ranbir Singh of the 13 Shaheeds compeleted 84 Japjee Sahibs at Goindwal Sahib and did ardas that his body be used for Seva, the day before his Shaheedi

11.Once Baba Harnam Singh Rampur Khera Valeh, did one Japjee Sahib for someone. He took 30mins to recite the BaNee, onces Baba Jee come to the pangti Jinee Naam Dhiaeeya. Vaheguru Darshan Jot enrupted the room.

Once a Bhai Sahib from Punjab told me that A Bibi did 10 Japjee Sahib Paaths whilst cooking Bibeki Langar, when Bhai Sahib consumed the Langar, he said it tasted like Amrith from when he took Amrith at a Smagam.

this was a quick, post. I would have missed many things please do add to it jee.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Here is an old writeup by Bhai Kulbir Singh.

The Greatness of Siri Jap jee Sahib

Guru Hargobind Sahib jee’s darbar was going on. Guru Sahib addressed the sangat and asked if anyone could recite shudh paath of Siri Jap jee Sahib. For some time there was a complete silence but then Bhai Gopaala jee got up and with his hands folded did benti that he would attempt to recite shudh paath of Siri Jap jee Sahib.

Guru Sahib made him sit on a place higher than his. Bhai Gopaala jee with great devotion and love started doing the paath of Siri Jap jee Sahib. He did paath with total concentration and by the kirpa of Guru jee, no other thought came to his mind.

The whole sangat was sitting with closed eyes, listening to the maha mantra – Siri Jap jee Sahib. He recited sunan waaliyaan pauriyaan, then mannan waaliyaan pauriyaan and when he arrived at “teerath tap daya datt daan”, Guru Sahib decided to give him gur-gaddi for such shudh paath.

Bhai Gopaala jee who was doing paath with utmost concentration, had a furnaa (thought) come to his mind, as he reached “Nanak Nadri Nadar Nihaal”. He thought that if Guru Sahib asked him to ask for something, he would ask for one of the 5 horses that Guru Sahib has. Four of those five great horses had been distributed to Bhai Bidhi Chand jee, Painde Khaan, Guru Sahib himself and Bhai Jetha jee. Only one was left to be given and Bhai Gopaala jee wanted that horse.

At the bhog of the paath, Guru Sahib gave Bhai Gopaala jee a lot of pyaar and ordered one of his Sikhs to give Bhai Gopaala jee the new horse. Then he mentioned that he was preparing to give him gur-gaddi, if he had not thought of the horse.

This saakhi is great and we can learn a lot from it:

1) Anything can be attained with shudh paath, with concentration. So it is a must that we learn santhiya and do shudh paath. Santhiya (teaching gurbani paath) classes are held at Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib for three levels i.e. beginners, intermediate level and advance level.

2) Siri Jap jee Sahib is a mahamantra and just one paath can get one anything one wants. Imagine Mahapurakhs like Sant Attar Singh jee Mastuanewale, who did 175 paaths of Siri Jap jee Sahib a day till he completed 125,000 paaths, at Hazoor Sahib. It is a good idea to add more paath on top of our nitnem.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Piarey Vista Ji

4.Bhai Randhir Singh Jee did many paaths of Japjee Sahibs, many blessings were given from Satguru Jee

Bhai Sahib ji came to gursikhi by reading this Bani. He at first started doing 5 Sri Jap Ji Sahib's at amrit wela as part of his Nitnem.

Chota veer
12.Shaheed Bhai Matee Dass Jee is a great example of sacrifice.
Bhai Matee Dass Jee while standing erect was tied between two posts. He was asked if he had any parting words, to which Mati Das answered, "I request only that my head be turned toward my Guru as I am executed." Two executioners placed a double-handed saw on his head. Mati Das serenely uttered "Ek Onkar" and started reciting the Japji Sahib, the great morning prayer of the Sikhs. He was sawn across from head to loins. It is said that even as the body was being sawn into two, the Japji continued to reverberate from each part until it was all over .

13.Shaheed Bhai Manbeer Singh Chaheru was kept in various jails in Panjab and later moved to a jail in Bihar. Manbeer Singh always stayed in Chardi Kala during his jail time and would continuously read Sri Japji Sahib and constantly pray that one day he would be able to give his life for the Sikh Faith. In December of 1987 Police announced that Manbeer Singh escaped from the Police custody while Police were transporting him back to Panjab from Bihar, but in fact the police had killed him and had disregarded his body into Beas River. In Chandigarh the Panjab Police Chief J.F. Rebeiro told news reporters that they don’t need to worry as Manbeer Singh will not come back.
Very inspirational Vista jeeo. Siri Jap jee Sahib is the most concentrated Baani. Great Gurmat principles are locked in very few words. The whole Gurmat is summarized in Siri Jap jee Sahib. When Vichaar of this Baani is done, one gets in Vismaad and when chanting of this Baani is done, then too one gets in Vismaad. Siri Jap jee Sahib is Amrit.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Strongly agree with Bhai Kulbir Singh Jee on the concentration of Sri Jap Jee Sahib. It is just fathomless, I cannot understand even 1 pangtee. Also just regarding the point "1.It was the first BaNee to ucharaned by Satguru Jee" I am quite sure it was actually one of the last uchaared by Guru Jee, 8 years before jotijot at the same time of Sri Sidh Gost; conversing with Goorakh Naath and his disciples. Please correct if wrong.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login