ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BhagatKabeerJees Shabad

Posted by Vista 
BhagatKabeerJees Shabad
May 18, 2010 07:07AM
this hukamnama come from siri darbar sahib today, please can the sangat do vichar on the arth.

ਸੂਹੀਕਬੀਰਜੀ||
ਥਰਹਰਕੰਪੈਬਾਲਾਜੀਉ||
ਨਾਜਾਨਉਕਿਆਕਰਸੀਪੀਉ||੧||
ਰੈਨਿਗਈਮਤਦਿਨੁਭੀਜਾਇ||
ਭਵਰਗਏਬਗਬੈਠੇਆਇ||੧||ਰਹਾਉ||
ਕਾਚੈਕਰਵੈਰਹੈਨਪਾਨੀ||
ਹੰਸੁਚਲਿਆਕਾਇਆਕੁਮਲਾਨੀ||੨||
ਕੁਆਰਕੰਨਿਆਜੈਸੇਕਰਤਸੀਗਾਰਾ||
ਕਿਉਰਲੀਆਮਾਨੈਬਾਝੁਭਤਾਰਾ||੩||
ਕਾਗਉਡਾਵਤਭੁਜਾਪਿਰਾਨੀ||
ਕਹਿਕਬੀਰਇਹਕਥਾਸਿਰਾਨੀ||੪||੨||
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
What a beautiful Shabad. If we take Hukamnama from Printed Saroops, it is not possible to get this Hukamnama since this Shabad comes in the middle of left hand side Ang. Hukamnama Sahib at Siri Darbar Sahib is always the first Shabad on the left hand side. This Hukamnama Sahib came because it was taken from a handwritten Saroop, of which the angs are not same as Printed Saroops.

Humble Vichaar on this Shabad is as follows:

1) Young girl is trembling in fear as she does not know what her husband will do i.e. how she will get treated. Same way, the Jeev-Atma trembles in fear for not knowing how it will get treated in the next world. The Jeev-Atma is fearful because she has done bad Karma in life.

Rahao) The night has been spent not gaining anything. The Black hair are gone and Grey hair have come i.e. old age has arrived.

2) Water can't stay in unbaked kacha pot for long, same way the Jeev-Atma can't stay in the body forever.

3) What's the point for an unmarried girl to do Shingaar (makeup) because how can she have marital bliss without husband?

4) Waiting, my arm has become tired driving away crows; same way my body has become old (nearing end) but I have not met my beloved.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Bhai Sahib Jio,

What a beautiful Shabad. If we take Hukamnama from Printed Saroops, it is not possible to get this Hukamnama since this Shabad comes in the middle of left hand side Ang. Hukamnama Sahib at Siri Darbar Sahib is always the first Shabad on the left hand side. This Hukamnama Sahib came because it was taken from a handwritten Saroop, of which the angs are not same as Printed Saroops.
Vaah jee Vaah, you opened up what I was thinking for an almost a year to discuss. Daas followed (in the sense of Panna (Pages)) the Hukamnamas from Darbar Sahib from March 2008 to March 2009 for some research purposes and doing so Daas found as above most of the Hukamnama do not match with the printed saroop of SGPC. Hence I was trying to find out how many Panna (pages) are in hand written saroops there? If they are of same numbers then there lines must be different in numbers? I know they do parkash of different Beerrhs but how many are of different to printed layout? Do you have any information on this jio?
Hukamnama Sahib at Siri Darbar Sahib is always the first Shabad on the left hand side.
As far this daas knows this is the norm everywhere or you imply it is different in Sri Harmandir Sahib?

With Regards,
Daas
Re: BhagatKabeerJees Shabad
May 18, 2010 10:08AM
Kulbir Singh jee
If we take Hukamnama from Printed Saroops, it is not possible to get this Hukamnama since this Shabad comes in the middle of left hand side Ang. Hukamnama Sahib at Siri Darbar Sahib is always the first Shabad on the left hand side. This Hukamnama Sahib came because it was taken from a handwritten Saroop, of which the angs are not same as Printed Saroops.

veerjee, you bring up an interesting point... the majority of us who are blessed with guru sahib's seva are doing seva of printed saroops. so there are many hukamnamae we will never get.

that doesn't seem right to me.

shouldn't all shabads be available as guru sahib's command? sometimes we may feel a "pull" from guru sahib to read a certain shabad that is not the first shabad on the left side. if that "pull" is from guru sahib, should we ignore it for the sake of the modern rehet maryada? or is it acceptable to occasionally read a middle-of-the-page shabad?
Vista Veer Ji, thanks for Shabad sharing. Which Gubani search programme you used for the above Shabad? Guide please.

Bhein Ji, for Hukamnama to be random and a COMMAND ; we have to overlook the personal "pull" factor, I think. And, may be, if we have urge to read certain SHABAD, we can do that after the reading of HUKAMNAMA SHABAD.

Of course, we read same Shabads as Hukamnamas. But sometimes, Singhs do go deeper left or right (DOONGA CHUBA). Other Veer Ji may explain further, please.

AS, Bhein Ji says; if not for SANGAT PURPOSE but for PERSONAL requirement, if one decides prehand, that he or she will read the second or third Sabad on left hand side or Right hand side; it should be no problem. But to problem to whom? It is always between Ourselves and Guru Sahib.

In some cases, Some Granthi Singhs do take the liberty to read a different Shabad (other than first on left), for a certain occassion, I think.

Please correct me.
Bhain jeeo,

As per Panthik Maryada and what senior Gurmukhs tell us, the Hukamnama Shabad is always the first Shabad of the left Ang.

Having said that, the Sampradayak organizations (e.g. Taksal) take first Shabad on the left hand side in the morning, middle Shabad (between two angs) at noon time and last Shabad of second Ang in the evening.

Kulbir Singh
Bhai Jasjit Singh jeeo,

Hence I was trying to find out how many Panna (pages) are in hand written saroops there? If they are of same numbers then there lines must be different in numbers? I know they do parkash of different Beerrhs but how many are of different to printed layout? Do you have any information on this jio?

All handwritten Saroops have different amount of angs. It is difficult to find two Maharaj jee's handwritten Saroops with the same amount of Angs. For this reason, the Hukamnama Shabads from handwritten Saroops do not match with Printed Saroops.

As far this daas knows this is the norm everywhere or you imply it is different in Sri Harmandir Sahib?

You are right that this is the norm everywhere but there are some places where they take Hukamnama Sahib as per Sampradayak Maryada, as explained in the previous post.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
May 18, 2010 12:49PM
MB Singh Wrote:

>
> Bhein Ji, for Hukamnama to be random and a COMMAND
> ; we have to overlook the personal "pull" factor,
> I think. And, may be, if we have urge to read
> certain SHABAD, we can do that after the reading
> of HUKAMNAMA SHABAD.

veerji, i don't mean "personal" pull, i mean sometimes i think guru sahib tells us to read a certain shabad. isn't this also hukam?
Reply Quote I t ...&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgurmatbibek.com%2Fforum%2Fread.php%3F3%2C4120%2C4136%23msg-4136" target="_blank">TweetFacebook
Bhai Sahib Jio,
but there are some places where they take Hukamnama Sahib as per Sampradayak Maryada, as explained in the previous post.

Yes, Daas came to know this strange Maryada just last month. One GurMukh singh jee told me this while discussing the above topic of different Shabads in Hukamnama from Sri Harmandir Sahib. Thanks for replies jio.

With Regards,
Daas
May 18, 2010 03:18PM
waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

wow, this hukamnama is so beautifull... very bairagmyi

anyone heard the sung version by Bhai Bakhsheesh Singh?
the tune, the tone, everything really makes u feel the bairaag..

Thank you for posting it

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh
What hope is there left for my ugly self?
Even the decorations I wore did nothing to entice my lord.
I cry and wither, and try to sing,
but my voice comes out cracked and I cry to myself.
Will he ever hear my never-ending cry?
or will I just keep waiting, until I can take it no longer and die?
Bhein Ji, If Guru Sahib inspires you for a certain shabad to read as Hukamnama; then that is certainly a special case. You will do, what you like.

But in case you read THAT HUKAMNAMA SHABAD for the Sangat; then you will have to satisfy the audience, if someone like me dares to question.

Bhein Ji is blessed one.smiling smiley
1kaur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MB Singh Wrote:
>
> >
> > Bhein Ji, for Hukamnama to be random and a
> COMMAND
> > ; we have to overlook the personal "pull"
> factor,
> > I think. And, may be, if we have urge to read
> > certain SHABAD, we can do that after the
> reading
> > of HUKAMNAMA SHABAD.
>
> veerji, i don't mean "personal" pull, i mean
> sometimes i think guru sahib tells us to read a
> certain shabad. isn't this also hukam?

Bhenji It seems strange that Guru Sahib would be telling you to do something that goes against Rehat Maryada. Taking Hukumnama from the left ang has been a tradition since Baba Buddha Ji was the first granthi.

Perhaps Guru Sahib is telling you to read a certain shabad after you read the Hukumnama as that shabad will better explain the Hukum more clearer?
May 19, 2010 01:08AM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Bhai Kulbir Singh Jeo,
am I missing something or did you do humble vichaar of the previous day's Hukamnama at Sri Darbar and not the one that is pasted in this particular post?

Please forgive me for my meager understanding.

Wahegure Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
May 19, 2010 06:51AM
i pasted the url from panthkhalsa.org, so the hukamnama has changed so the file has changed.

here is the shabad jee

ਸੂਹੀਕਬੀਰਜੀ||
ਥਰਹਰਕੰਪੈਬਾਲਾਜੀਉ||
ਨਾਜਾਨਉਕਿਆਕਰਸੀਪੀਉ||੧||
ਰੈਨਿਗਈਮਤਦਿਨੁਭੀਜਾਇ||
ਭਵਰਗਏਬਗਬੈਠੇਆਇ||੧||ਰਹਾਉ||
ਕਾਚੈਕਰਵੈਰਹੈਨਪਾਨੀ||
ਹੰਸੁਚਲਿਆਕਾਇਆਕੁਮਲਾਨੀ||੨||
ਕੁਆਰਕੰਨਿਆਜੈਸੇਕਰਤਸੀਗਾਰਾ||
ਕਿਉਰਲੀਆਮਾਨੈਬਾਝੁਭਤਾਰਾ||੩||
ਕਾਗਉਡਾਵਤਭੁਜਾਪਿਰਾਨੀ||
ਕਹਿਕਬੀਰਇਹਕਥਾਸਿਰਾਨੀ||੪||੨||
May 19, 2010 10:09AM
Sukhdeep Singh Wrote:

> Bhenji It seems strange that Guru Sahib would be
> telling you to do something that goes against
> Rehat Maryada.

you mean like taking keskee as kakkar instead of kes? winking smiley

but yes, i get your point. i will follow maryada then read the other shabad. smiling smiley
May 19, 2010 12:57PM
MB Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bhein Ji, If Guru Sahib inspires you for a certain
> shabad to read as Hukamnama; then that is
> certainly a special case. You will do, what you
> like.
>
> But in case you read THAT HUKAMNAMA SHABAD for the
> Sangat; then you will have to satisfy the
> audience, if someone like me dares to question.
>
> Bhein Ji is blessed one.smiling smiley

i don't read hukamnama for sangat, my gurmukhi reading ability is very weak. i only read at home. smiling smiley

and veerji, EVERY singh is blessed! grinning smiley
May 22, 2010 09:52AM
Waheguru Waheguru.. this is so beautiful

And this is a great thread. I like the idea of everyone contributing their ideas of what they got out of the shabad in their own ways. It's unique to be doing gurbani veechar on a forum, I think, its interesting how people put down their thoughts and feelings (.ie. Sukhdev Singh's veechar in the form of a poem).

Let's have more of these kinds of threads, for people like me whose understanding of gurbani is very limited.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login