ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Imitating Mahapurakhs with funny results

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
This is an old writeup that you folks may enjoy today:

This is a funny incident that took place in my life about a year ago. I was all pumped up after reading one of Bhai Sahib’s book. I was at work and during break time I decided to go to the nearby park and do some Khanda Kadkauna (Naam japna). In the park I found a secluded area and sat there japping Naam.

There were bushes around and I got the furna that if a snake or anything like that came to me, I wouldn’t be worried. I remembered the story of Baba Harnam Singh Rampur khere wale who at one time was doing bhagti and saw a very dangerous cobra approaching him. At first he decided to get up but then he thought that this snake too had Vaheguru in it; therefore, it would not hurt him. He kept sitting there. The cobra came, and stood there with its hood up for some moments. Then it went around Baba jee and again stood in front of Baba jee. All this time, Baba jee just kept doing Naam. Soon the cobra left and Baba jee realized the power of Naam.

Thinking of Baba jee, I too affirmed to myself that if I get in such situation, I would stay still and stable like Baba jee. Soon I forgot about all these thoughts and started getting absorbed in Naam. About 15 minutes passed by. Sometimes I would do abhyaas totally inside and at other times I was doing swaas swaas and hardly audible.

At one time, for about few moments I did swaas swaas Gurrrrroooooo vaaahe gurrrrrroooooo little louder than before. Still it was not that loud. One had to be sitting close by to hear the sound. All of sudden felt a gush of hot air on my face. I had no thought in my mind. I opened my eyes, and was shocked beyond belief to see a huge scary thing staring at me. All of sudden, out of reflex action, I said “GUUUURRRRRROOOOOOOOO” at the top of my voice. The scary thing staring at me also cried out a loud cry. We both moved away from each other.

That’s when I realized that it was pit-bull that had been standing hardly an inch from my face. I had a good laugh. I thought of Baba Harnam Singh jee and laughed even more. I said to myself, "Hor rees kar Mahapurkha dee".

Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Hahah, nice one smiling smiley
hahahaha good one!
hahahagrinning smiley
Hahahahahaha!! The funniest thing i've ever read! The truth is Bhai sahib ji, the dog just like the snake left hearing Naam from you!
And Bhai Sahib Ji felt hot air of the dog, who was an inch away and Bhai Sahib was unharmed. Wow. It is not funny imitation result. It is all Power of NAAM. It is truth as Amrit Vela Ji says.

Haaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.smiling smiley
Haha Veer Ji very funny

your story of the pitbull reminded me of a childhood memory.

One day me and my friends were at the Gurdwara it so happened that a viscious pit bull ran through the Gurdwara fence and started preying on sangat. Everybody was in complete fear . All of the sangat were running everywhere. Some in the Darbar Sahib, some in the Langar Hall , others hid in their cars located in the parking lot. There was complete fear surrounding the environment and peace was nowhere to be found. Everybody was looking for a place to hide from the viscious dog. Anybody who has seen a pit bull fight knows how dangerous these dogs are.

In the midst of this madness the pitbull attacked my friends and got a lockjaw on his leg. Its next to impossible to remove the lock jaw of a pit bull. Many older adults try to kick, and punch the pit bull but no way was this dog letting go. All of a sudden a tall looking Nihang Singh with a glowing face appeared from the Darbar Sahib. He told everybody in a calm voice to move away. When he came its seemed as though all time had just paused there was complete stillness in the minds of sangat and peace started to fill the air. The Nihang Singh prudently grabbed a brick from the side of the Gurdwara. He then gently holded the pitbull by the neck like the way a mother holds her infant baby. It seemed he was acknowledging WaaheGuru in this dog. He then started to do Naam Abhyiaas and banged the muzzle of the pitbull with the brick. After this the pitbull let go and was helpless.

Everybody especially my friend was in great joy when the dog released. They started to praise the Singh. But he didnt care for the praise he didnt even wait to listen to any thanks or praise he just went back inside the Darbar Sahib like nothing ever happened.
That's a truly inspiring story Sukhdeep Singh jeeo. A true Sikh is who can remember Naam during both good times and hard times. The fact that this Nihung Singh jee was able to japp Naam during this difficult time tells volumes about his spiritual avastha.

Kulbir Singh
Veer Ji it seems like he was one of those Gurmukhs who always did naam japp
I noticed that when he grabbed the pitbull by the throat he started japping naam vocally so the dog could hear. Its as if he was not seeing the dog as a dog but instead seeing him as an atma. He seemed completely connected to everything. His Khalsa heart truly made our kaljug hearts feel safe. I have rarely seen a Singh display so much compassion and courage. Truly he was a son of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.
great sakhi bhai sukhdeep singh jee
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login