ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HELP ! Sarbloh Batta on Induction Stove

Posted by jaskirat 
Daas will be there in Canada for few months and wish to know if the Sarbloh Batta will work on Induction Stove or not.

Here in India, the LPG gas stove has a burner with a groove and a frame above it to hold the Batta in still position. Also, I have a previous experience of cooking on grill or coil based induction stove. It was not perfect as LPG but I was able to manage to keep the Batta in still position on the coil plate.

From what I have heard is that, the coil based induction stoves have been slowly phased out. Usually, when landlords goes for renovating their home they are mostly installing granite based induction. This seems to have gained more popularity.

So the question is, will the convex bottom surface of Batta get properly heated on that flat granite surface induction stove? Has anybody tried that? Can someone give a try and provide the feedback? It will be of great help !

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook

So the question is, will the convex bottom surface of Batta get properly heated on that flat granite surface induction stove? Has anybody tried that? Can someone give a try and provide the feedback? It will be of great help !

In case of a Sarbloh bata with convex base, only the lowermost part of the base will get heated as rest of the bata will be out of the magnetic field's range. Also, it will keep tumbling around on the flat stove-top like a bop bag. Thus it won't be practical to use convex base bata on an induction stove. Rather, any Sarbloh utensil with a flat base would work well, in a way that the whole base will get uniformly heated.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login