ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Requirements of Sarbloh Bibek

Posted by .Singh. 
Requirements of Sarbloh Bibek
November 13, 2018 05:50PM
VJKK VJKF

Maharaj di Kirpa di naal, I would like to start keeping sarbloh bibek but I'm very confused about the rules. Many sarbloh bibeki singhs and bibian have told me their diets and I don't quite understand how they can do certain things if (going by what I'm hearing but no actual clarification) sarbloh bibek states you must only eat and drink out of food prepared and served in/from utensils of sarbloh and only from rehiti amritdhari gursikhs

1) How can you drink milk if it prepared in factories obv not by amritdharis and prepared in huge machines not made of sarbloh and stored in plastic bottles in supermarkets where just about all sikhs will by their dudh from?

2) How can you drink water if it is prepared using all these chemicals and in all these factories and is served through a non-sarbloh tap that is not using sarbloh and not prepared by rehit amritdharis?

3) How can you make roti if the atta that we get from the shops is stored in cardboard/paper bags and prepared and sorted by non-rehit non-amritdharis?

4) How can you eat bread if again as above it doesn't follow that conduct?

5) Can you even eat dhaal or chholeh if they come from packets and tins?

The same thing with nuts (served in plastic bags), butter and you could even argue parshad in a gurdwara?

Can someone please state the rules of what is required for a sarbloh bibek because I can't find anything online that has guidelines laid down?

Forgive me for anything I've said that may have offended anyone - I'm the biggest fool and I don't know anything.

Vaheguru Ji.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Requirements of Sarbloh Bibek
November 14, 2018 10:39PM
Understanding Bibek can be overwhelming for a beginner and more so if an individual comes from a family who have forgotten the Rehit being practiced in Puratan times.

Like a child, the beginner has a lot of questions popping up in their mind. This is understood. At the same, the beginner has to evaluate whether s/he is a true seeker or just a wanderer. The true seeker will need to completely surrender to Hukam. On the other hand, no matter how many convincing answers can be given to wanderer, s/he will remain engrossed in 'Kintu-Parantu'.

It is good to know that you have a desire to start keeping Sarbloh Bibek. My personal advice would be to start with small steps and don't expect big things from day one. Start with what you can and don't focus too much on questions related to plastic / cardboards / factory-food / chemicals etc. at the moment.

Few things that you can start with is:
1. Stop consuming outside food from restaurants, dhabas, canteens, malls, road side eatery etc etc.
2. Completely stop eating/drinking processed or packaged food items from factories. For example: biscuit, bread, pickel, nuts, juices etc etc. If not completely then reduce the consumption and slowly eliminate it.
3. Try to fetch the food materials in raw and natural form.
4. Lastly, get one 'Batta' and one 'Karchi' and start cooking your 'Dal-Sabzi' by yourself.

If you start practicing above 4 points then rest of the things will fall in place. You can start doing Sangat of Bibekis and slowly learn rest of the stuff. With time all your questions, related to plastic / cardboards / factory-food / chemicals etc., will get answered automatically.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
November 20, 2018 12:59AM
jaskirat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Understanding Bibek can be overwhelming for a
> beginner and more so if an individual comes from a
> family who have forgotten the Rehit being
> practiced in Puratan times.
>
> Like a child, the beginner has a lot of questions
> popping up in their mind. This is understood. At
> the same, the beginner has to evaluate whether
> s/he is a true seeker or just a wanderer. The true
> seeker will need to completely surrender to Hukam.
> On the other hand, no matter how many convincing
> answers can be given to wanderer, s/he will remain
> engrossed in 'Kintu-Parantu'.
>
> It is good to know that you have a desire to start
> keeping Sarbloh Bibek. My personal advice would be
> to start with small steps and don't expect big
> things from day one. Start with what you can and
> don't focus too much on questions related to
> plastic / cardboards / factory-food / chemicals
> etc. at the moment.
>
> Few things that you can start with is:
> 1. Stop consuming outside food from restaurants,
> dhabas, canteens, malls, road side eatery etc
> etc.
> 2. Completely stop eating/drinking processed or
> packaged food items from factories. For example:
> biscuit, bread, pickel, nuts, juices etc etc. If
> not completely then reduce the consumption and
> slowly eliminate it.
> 3. Try to fetch the food materials in raw and
> natural form.
> 4. Lastly, get one 'Batta' and one 'Karchi' and
> start cooking your 'Dal-Sabzi' by yourself.
>
> If you start practicing above 4 points then rest
> of the things will fall in place. You can start
> doing Sangat of Bibekis and slowly learn rest of
> the stuff. With time all your questions, related
> to plastic / cardboards / factory-food / chemicals
> etc., will get answered automatically.

VJKK VJKF Ji

Dhanvaad Ji. Does it make it pure if I were to buy stuff like chhole and cook them in sarbloh? Does the food become pure if you cook it in sarbloh?
.Singh. Ji, please do a search on the website. Plenty of discussions have been done on this topic.
November 21, 2018 05:41AM
.Singh.
VJKK VJKF Ji

Dhanvaad Ji. Does it make it pure if I were to buy stuff like chhole and cook them in sarbloh? Does the food become pure if you cook it in sarbloh?

Veer Ji you should recite bani while cooking.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login