Ridh Sidh

Posted by Mokhamsingh 
Ridh Sidh
October 07, 2018 06:58AM
[youtu.be]

Supernatural Powers

Following are some Supernatural Powers:

Ridhi-Sidhi

Please know that these powers can only be earned with constant meditation and Simran on the one and only Waheguru.

These are supernatural powers, and include Ridhi, Sidhi, Nau-Nidhi, Budhi, and Mukti -

Ridhi

It is attainment, success, progress, and affluence. Literally, Ridhi also means cooked-food. The practitioner of the Naam becomes widely known (influential), and the people start bringing him or her all sorts of foods, eatables, gifts, and other commodities - one of his attainments.

Sidhi

Occult, i.e. supernatural powers. One can be present at more than one places at one and the same time, can make prophesies, become invisible, get power to fly, can make things happen, bless (and curse) others, produce things from nowhere, bring back life to the dead, and solve problems of the others. His or her Hamzad (astral-self) can separate from the gross body and visit places etc. Such powers come naturally as well. Power to change his body with another on verge of the other’s death, can develop. Some may get the power to die at will, and even of automatic self-immolation of his or her dead body. The practitioner does not usually long or work for them. He is not supposed to display his or her prowess. Moreover, these are considered to be of no great merit, are interference in the Lord’s plans, and are a hindrance in the God realization. These do not lead to emancipation - Ridh-e sidh-e sabhu mohu haae Naamu naa vassaae Manne aa-ae Supernatural powers are attachments, These do not permit the Naam to get set in the mind. 5-593-18

Sidhis are 18. (Shabdarath, S,G,P.C., 1986, Page 10).

Minor Sidhis

These are ten:

Door-Darshan - to see all, clairvoyance.
Door-Sarvan - to hear all, clairaudience.
Par-Kaya Parvesh - ability to enter other’s body. To rejuvenate, he may discard his own old body and enter that of a (dying) young person.
Annuram - freedom from hunger and thirst.
Kaamroop - adopt desired form, ability to change the form to that of another person.
Savichhatt-Mirtu - to die at will, to die the way one wants to.
Sankalap Sidhi - to get desires fulfilled, to have all that one wants.
Apprittehatt-Gatee - ability to go anywhere without any hindrance or obstruction.
Mano-Veg - to go anywhere at the speed of thought.
Sur-Kareer.a - to have enjoyment along with gods, to join them in enjoyments (merry making).
Major Sidhis

These are eight:

Anima - ability to become very small, minute.
Mahema - to become big, gain colossal size.
Garima - to become heavy, gain an excessive weight.
Laghima - to become light, subtle.
Praptee - to get success, achieve goals, and get fulfilled.
Prakamya - to read the minds of other people.
Eeshihta (Isatva) - lordliness, and power to persuade others.
Vashihta (Vasitva) - to control other’s mind. Self control - control over all senses.
Nau-Nidhi

Main article: Nau Nidh
Nidhis are nine types of treasures - (Page 506, Gur Shabad Ratnakar, Kahn Singh, Bhasha Vibhag, 1960. Shabdarath, S,G,P.C., 1986, Page 10).

Padam-Nidhi - attainment of sons, grand sons, gold, silver, i.e. the precious metals.
Mahan-Padam - one gets diamonds, rubies and other gems and jewels (precious stones).
Kharab - riches of all kinds.
Kund - trading in gold.
Nil - trading in precious stones, jewels, and gems.
Sankh - delicious eatables (Procuring from nowhere).
Kachhap - clothes and food-grains in abundance, no shortage.
Mukund - mastery in arts, music, and poetry.
Makar - gives the art of using weapons and sovereignty on others.
Nidhis give property, products of land and sea, servants, health, wisdom, animals and conveyance etc. An adept gets accepted, respected, and honored by everyone. The people start giving him each and every thingimaginable.

Budhi

Wisdom. He becomes a Brahm-Giani: one with the knowledge about God - a realized person. This confirms the practitioner into -

Bharosa - faith. A deep faith and dependence on God. A firm faith in Waheguru (God) is the first and the foremost experience of the practitioner of the Naam-Jaap. He becomes a firm believer that God is one and there is none other like Him, He is the Creator, Doer, everywhere, Omnipotent and every thingis under His will.
Leenta - an absolute attachment (absorption) to God.
Santokh - contentment (on destiny).
Detachment - from the dear ones and the worldly possessions.
Hukam - acceptance of the will of God. It is total surrender to Him.
Sehaj - equilibrium, equipoise.
Anand - perpetual delight, permanent joy.
Vismaad - ecstasy: Joy plus wonderment, forgetting the self.
Nidar - benevolence of God. He believes in the mercy of God as an instrument of his attainments, and that his own efforts mean nothing. This attitude keeps him free from ego. His efforts are needed to make him fit for the mercy of God.
Mukti or Moksh

Liberation from the worldly attachments, transmigration, and from the cycle of birth and death (reincarnation). These are the characteristics of a Mukat (emancipated, liberated person).

Char-Padarath

Four boons These are - Dharam, Arath, Kaam, and Moksh. These four are the usual goals of life for everyone - an ethical discipline of life, assets to fulfill the needs, marriage and children, and in the end liberation.

Dharam - discipline. Understanding of his or her duties i.e. virtues (ethics).
Arath - assets. He or she has no dearth of money - precious metals, pearls, and stones. Gets all the wealth.
Kaam - desires. His or her all desires get fulfilled and it covers marriage and children.
Moksh - redemption (liberation). He or she attains emancipation.
Traaekaal-Drishti, Vaak-Sidhi

Traaekaal Drishti - Triple-Vision (three-dimensional), all knowing. He can see (know) all that happened in the past, is going on now, and will come tomorrow (omniscient). The powers of intuition and prophecy develop, he will know things before these happen, can make predictions and foretell his own end. These experiences should be taken as indicators of progress. Boasting about them creates an ego, which hinders further advancement of the practitioner. Commonly, the people think that these should be kept secret. Of course, one should share these only with the right persons. Such things motivate others to do the Naam-Jaap. The Guru advises to recite His name and to attach others to do so. Vaak-Sidhi - Whatever he or she says, comes to pass (happens). It is generally advised that anyone practicing the Naam, should never let anything unwanted escape from his or her mouth.

Samm-Drishti, Turi-aa-Avastha

Samm-Drishti - No discrimination. Everyone is one and the same to him. He perceives God in every thingand everyone. Turiyaa Avastha - Chautha-Padd (Fourth Dimension) - Going higher to the three states of Maya (mundane, the worldly things) i.e. ego, evil and virtue. The world is a play of these three dimensions. Turiaa Avastha means the Fourth State i.e. detachment from these three characteristics of the world, and transcending them (Transcendental Meditation).

Deh Abhav

One feels that one’s body is no more. The body-sense disappears. With the Naam-Jaap, one rises to such a level of absorption in God that one has no more to do with the body. When there is no body sense, there is no affliction or pain. He or she gets detached from the physical existence, and goes above the fear of disease and death. There is no disease or death for such a realized person. To keep him or her alive, others have to take his or her care.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Ridh Sidh
October 09, 2018 04:16AM
ਅਕਥ ਕੀ ਕਥਾ ਸੁਣੇਇ ॥
अकथ की कथा सुणेइ ॥
Akath kī kathā suṇe▫e.
Whoever hears the description of the indescribable,

ਰਿਧਿ ਬੁਧਿ ਸਿਧਿ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਹੋਇ ॥੧॥
रिधि बुधि सिधि गिआनु सदा सुखु होइ ॥१॥
Riḏẖ buḏẖ siḏẖ gi▫ān saḏā sukẖ ho▫e. ||1||
is blessed with wealth, intelligence, perfection, spiritual wisdom and eternal peace. ||1||
October 09, 2018 07:11AM
What is the purpose of this post?
October 09, 2018 07:32AM
Mohkam Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is the purpose of this post?

A detailed description of Ridh sidh....

Waheguru...
October 09, 2018 04:11PM

A detailed description of Ridh sidh....

Waheguru...

I did not ask what is written. I can very well read that. I asked what is the purpose of the post?
October 09, 2018 10:34PM
i believe there is possibility such people abuse power by taking control of body of blessed Sikh, so as to rob blessings, know secrets...Vahiguroo
October 11, 2018 02:58AM

i believe there is possibility such people abuse power by taking control of body of blessed Sikh, so as to rob blessings, know secrets...Vahiguroo

That does not happen ks jeeo. Guru Sahib protects his Gursikhs from such people who misuse their powers.
October 11, 2018 04:49AM

Thanks for the post Mokhamsingh Ji, quite informative.

……………...with constant meditation and Simran is very true.

Its automatic, who gets which one & than one has to be careful. If one gets too much into Ridhi Sidhi than one's progress can come to standstill and it can hinder into your ultimate goal of jivanmukta or as you rightly said Param mukti.

One best part is to use it wisely, once your are going through this phase, one can request darshan of Guru Sahib Ji....Waheguru, Waheguru, Waheguru, Waheguru, Waheguru...…… & not to use for your personal gain for material things.

A very useful post with lot of information and though provoking.....

Please forgive me......as my intellect is limited ……as I don't know much...……...to err is human

Waheguru...……………………….
October 11, 2018 02:47PM
ks Wrote:
> i believe there is possibility such people abuse
> power by taking control of body of blessed Sikh,
> so as to rob blessings, know secrets...Vahiguroo

ਇਸੁ ਧਨ ਕਉ ਤਸਕਰੁ ਜੋਹਿ ਨ ਸਕਈ ਨਾ ਓਚਕਾ ਲੈ ਜਾਇ ॥

Is ḏẖan ka▫o ṯaskar johi na sak▫ī nā ocẖkā lai jā▫e.

Thieves cannot steal this wealth, nor can robbers take it away.

Waheguru....
October 11, 2018 02:51PM
Mohkam Singh Wrote:
> A detailed description of Ridh sidh....
>
> Waheguru...
>
> I did not ask what is written. I can very well
> read that. I asked what is the purpose of the
> post?

Khalsa Ji,

The purpose of this post was to share this detailed information, with the Sangat on this forum. If this post has caused any offence, or violated the terms and conditions of this site, then please accept my apologies...

Waheguru...
October 12, 2018 06:31AM
Excellent Post!

Well as far as my limited understanding is this post mean lot of different things for lot of different people.

One can achieve what one's heart desire. Anything & everything is possible ……………...with constant meditation and Simran.

Possibilities are endless but one has to decide what they really want. As written in Gurugranth Sahib Ji rewards are according to what you are seeking for.

Key is ………..constant meditation and Simran.

Gurbani is the Panacea...……….once you start looking inside ….amazing things happen beyond one's imagination.....

Waheguru...…...
October 12, 2018 09:07AM
Dhan Vaho Gurmukho Brahmgyani Jio_/\_
I had a experience of being suffocated by invincible evil and only with much effort to utter Vahiguroo, that I live to share..but the unheard of Vaho Keertan I used to hear in my ears, hirdey...more..is no more since ji_/\_as this evil left after removing baksheesh within me, because I felt empty since...
meri matt toree bhul chuk muaf
October 13, 2018 05:04AM
…......……...evil left after removing baksheesh within me, because I felt empty since..

Well KS Ji...... Bhai Kulbir Singh Ji can better explain you as my intellect & under standing is very limited or next to nothing

ਜਉ ਤਉ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਖੇਲਣ ਕਾ ਚਾਉ ॥
जउ तउ प्रेम खेलण का चाउ ॥
Ja▫o ṯa▫o parem kẖelaṇ kā cẖā▫o.
If you desire to play this game of love with Me,

ਸਿਰੁ ਧਰਿ ਤਲੀ ਗਲੀ ਮੇਰੀ ਆਉ ॥
सिरु धरि तली गली मेरी आउ ॥
Sir ḏẖar ṯalī galī merī ā▫o.
then step onto My Path with your head in hand.

ਇਤੁ ਮਾਰਗਿ ਪੈਰੁ ਧਰੀਜੈ ॥
इतु मारगि पैरु धरीजै ॥
Iṯ mārag pair ḏẖarījai.
When you place your feet on this Path,

ਸਿਰੁ ਦੀਜੈ ਕਾਣਿ ਨ ਕੀਜੈ ॥੨੦॥
सिरु दीजै काणि न कीजै ॥२०॥
Sir ḏījai kāṇ na kījai. ||20||
give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion. ||20||

KS Ji …...there are set backs in this path but you never loose what you have gained. It will be accounted for either in this life time or next one...……...but the unheard of Vaho Keertan I used to hear in my ears, hirdey………… if you are referring to Ajap Japp…...it does not go away....one has to calm his mind...……...Shabad kamai………..is accumulated...……………...its not a easy path....takes few life times.....if you take one step towards Vaheguru Ji ….Waheguru ji take 2 steps towards you...……….and all these baksih or vardaan or powers God can grant to slave apart from providing basic necessities of life....I feel out of place giving you this advice as I am not well versed or have no knowledge ….there are more intelligent and knowledgeable people on this site...…….please forgive.... as I am a lowly person with limited intellect......God bless......……..please take note that you may be a better person than me....so please forgive me...………..... to err is human my bad.....
Waheguru…………………………
October 18, 2018 10:30PM

there are set backs in this path but you never loose what you have gained

What to say about anything else, one can even lose one's Jot Vigaas. Read Bhai Hira Singh Daudpuri's chapter in book Rangle Sajjan for more details.
October 21, 2018 07:43AM
Lakh baria dhanvat Vaho Vahiguroo Guru Khalsa Brahmgyani Sevak Jio,
You are surely lakh baria better than this kiri tul na hovni Jio_/\_
Paviterr Charna hath jorr benti bhul chuk muaf...mohei na bisaro Ram Guru Saioh Jio_/\_
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login