ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2 Questions about Experiences had during Naam Abhyias

Posted by ssingh26 
1. What does it mean when your shoulders start twitching during simran?

2. Is it ok/inline with Gurmat for others to randomly start screaming, crying, to fall down, or to sporadically roll around during Naam Abhyias? I find it quite irritating as it destroys the concentration that I have tried building up.

Bhul Chuk Muaaf if this Moorakh Daas said something wrong.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
That is abut second part of your question. Veer Ji

If somebody randomly, happens to show such sounds/actions; and those are out of his/her control and those are unintentional; we in the SANGAT should bear with it. Close family members or elderly Gursikhs can politely discuss with that person, at appropriate time; about his/her situation/experiences.There are sensitive souls, which experience differently. Nothing happens around us, undesired.

At personal level, one should try to keep the mystic experiences within heart and body. Feeling the presence and respect about the SANGAT around us, should be beneficial for our SIMRAN session.

I may be wrong. Please consult senior Gursikhs about that.
yes its normal I have seen many singhs crying and smiling/laughing during naam abyass
ssingh26

Is it ok/inline with Gurmat for others to randomly start screaming, crying, to fall down, or to sporadically roll around during Naam Abhyias? I find it quite irritating as it destroys the concentration that I have tried building up.

The kind of blissful and spiritual experiences one receives by doing jaap of Gurmat-Naam is recorded in Gurbani. Im not sure it mentions anywhere in Gurbani where Gurmukh are screaming, crying, falling , or sporadically roll around. I personally not have seen Gurmukhs do these things but I have seen young inexperienced people do such things. If one is experiencing other things outside of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji it can only mean two things.

1. The abhyiasi is not doing Gurmat Naam Abhyiaas they are using some other method of naam jaap. Alot of yogis ( practing Hatth Yoga) and naam dharis ( after Baba Raam Singh Ji) do these things. If you jap naam which is not in accordance to Gurmat it can have some neurological effects which can lead to erratic behaviors such as randomly crying or screaming.

2. If some one is screaming, crying, or sporadically rolling all over the place its a possibility they are getting thrashed by Shaheed Singhs for some type of of Paap they are doing or have done.

You are right such behavior is a major distraction. Sangat should deal with the problem appropriately. Such people that dont jaap naam accordingly can pesh and get naamdrir. Those that are getting beaten up by Shaheed Singhs can also pesh to be forgiven for their transgressions.
Vahiguroo Guru Nanak kirpa,
This paapi murakh consider crying, rolling, screaming etc during Naam Simran is due to maya jorr in environment they suffer as I do EVERY SVAAS because even in home, no anand being amongst jalandha jagat neighbors, Sangat, maya favoring majority sikhs, sarkar, work colleauges, neighbors et al...; but I try to remember when Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Jio jail chittian experience to not drown in dukh because Bhai Sahib Jio lost Kirpan brought to Him by Shaheed Sadhu Singh, to prepare for upcoming physical dukh from prison warden_/\_, but with constant focus on Naam, despite distractions, Bhai Sahib remained in Anand despite extreme cold, other very painful prison life .
Vahiguroo is beyond viewing our weaknesses because it is His tests, game of life...?
bhul chuk muaf Choji Gobinda Jio EK TUHi♡
Truth is maya jorr in form of rss, et al takimg over our Gurduara, interfere in our bhagti, nindak our devout amritdhari Khalsa Panth; so we feel pressure to conform to living as them vs Vahiguroo rehit atey Hukam...Guru Nanak Gursikh Soormey bahn dehn laaj rakhin_/\_
[youtu.be]
Spiritual experiences.

* Out of body experience.

* Simran goes into auto pilot mode. (Ajapa Jaap)

* Seeing glimpses of light.

* Hearing melodious sounds.

* Experiencing sweet fragrance.

* Low gentle rhythms in the body.

* Darshan of Gurus & Devi Devtas.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login