ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ardas/Bani for a child

Posted by SS 
Ardas/Bani for a child
June 25, 2018 09:07AM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sangat Ji I'm writing this post with a bit of a heavy heart. My wife and I are trying for a baby. We have done countless ardas to Satuguru Ji and we also do paath on a daily basis in addition to me doing my nitnem everyday.

Sangat Ji I'm sorry if it seems like im bragging but what I'm trying to say is me and my wife are trying and we're both doing bani as much as we can and still we've not had any good news. We have been trying for a few months and I'm starting to worry if something may be wrong. We went to the doctor and the doctor said she would only progress our concerns if we don't conceive for a year.

Sangat Ji please guide daas. Should if there's any particular bani I can read etc.

Apologies if I've said anything wrong.

Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Ardas/Bani for a child
June 29, 2018 03:17PM
There is nothing to be concerned about at this stage Singh Sahib. What your dr is saying is quite correct. Many couples try for numerous years before conceiving. Please carry on with the bani reading and post us the good news in due course. Guru Rakha.
July 01, 2018 10:36PM
[youtu.be]
Just like any other thing in our life, the amount of children we will have is written in our pre-ordained destiny. The reason we have or do not have children is because of our past Karams. If it is because of some previous bad Karma or for any other reason we are unable to conceive a child then the only solution is to go to Guru Sahib and do Ardaas with full Sharda. Along with this do as many Paths dedicated to this specific task to ensure our wish is fulfilled. The following Sakhi of Mata Sulakhani should give encouragement that no matter what the circumstance, the ultimate giver is Guru Sahib.

Sulakhani had been married for many years but was yet without any child. She asked many learned people how she might have a child and they all replied, 'there has been no child written in your destiny.' Mata Sulakhani heard about the greatness of Guru Hargobind and was convinced he would help her. Guru Hargobind was passing near her village of Chabba and Mata Sulakhani went to wait for him on the path holding a pen and ink. When Guru Sahib approached, she called out in a rhyme which translated is, 'Oh one with a beautiful beard and white dastaar, I make a request before Guru Hargobind! My name is Sulakhani and my village is Chabba, I am without any offspring and want to bear children.' Guru Hargobind Sahib smiled and said, 'Maiee, it is not written in your destiny.' With great faith, Mata Sulakhani replied, 'You are the one who is the writer here and you were the writer before, so if you have not written already, then write it now!' Guru Sahib took the pen and while still on his horse began to write a 1, Guru Sahib's horse kicked his hoof and the 1 became a 7. Mata Sulakhani did indeed go on to become the mother of 7 sons and they became Sikhs.

Source: [www.sikhiwiki.org]
July 07, 2018 05:22AM
Waheguru!
GurFateh Veer Ji!

Just wanted to echo the sentiments that have been already shared in this thread. Additionally, there may be some other things you and Bhain Jee can do. For more details, check out parts 1 and 2 of the Maa De Farz Series here: [www.sikhfamilylife.com] (it's an ongoing series, with posts published every other week)...

Part 1: [www.sikhfamilylife.com]

Part 2: [www.sikhfamilylife.com]

I feel like part 2 may be of most interest to you at this moment. In the post, it explains that sometimes, why it may take time for a child to be entrusted to a family...

Guru Rakha, Veer Ji! smiling smiley
August 29, 2018 08:38AM

Sangat Ji, daas has been thinking of going to Baba Budha Ji Gurdwara (in Amritsar) and doing an ardas but due to work restrictions I'm going to be able to go any time soon. My parents are visiting Punjab very soon and whenever they go they always have Guru Sahib Jis darshan at Baba Budha Ji Gurdwara.

As I won't be able to visit any time soon myself and therefore we won't be able to give/receive missi roti parshad. I was thinking of sending a rumala sahib for Guru Granth Sahib Ji with my parents so they have matha tek it for me and my wife. Please could sangat Ji advise on what size rumala can be present to guru ji at Baba Buddha Jis asthan?

Would this seva be accepted? I really wish I could do more. Sangat Ji, please advise what other seva daas could possibly do?

If daas has said anything wrong please think of me as your chhota veer and guru ji's daas and please forgive me.

August 29, 2018 10:20PM
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Veer Ji, from my limited understanding, it's always best to do Seva ourselves. Additionally, I think that Guru Sahib Ji has SO many Rumalla Sahibs that are given as Seva. From what I understand, it would be much better to go to Gurdwara and do Seva - Jorreh (Shoe) Seva, Charru Seva, washing dishes, helping to prepare langar, etc. Also, making a habit of doing this Seva as much as you can, would be ideal. For those of us who do seva for a purpose (like obtaining a child), it doesn't always happen after one time of Seva. Sometimes certain things are written for us and through Seva, Naam, Bani, these things can change.

Furthermore, it may be better to use the money instead to help Gareeb lok pay for school fees, necessary medical operations, food, clothes, etc. Guru Ji has said that "Gareeb Da Mooh, Guru Da Golak Hai." In fact, our Guru Sahiban have history of advising their Sikhs and wives to do the same (giving to lorrh-van) when having trouble with conceiving a child. For more information on what Sikhs and Guru's own wives were told to do for children, see the links above for www.sikhfamilylife.com

Additionally, are you and your wife doing any separate paath for a child? Doing whatever you can, in addition to your Nitnem, would also be helpful, followed by an ardaas asking for Guru Sahib Jee to send you a Gursikh child.

The latest post, Maa De Farz Part 8 that's coming out this Friday (August 31, 2018) may also address this issue of the blessing of a child and may be of interest to you.

Bhul Chukk Maaf Kardo Ji, if I've said anything wrong.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!
Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login