ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Questions

Posted by Jasmeet Singh 
Questions
May 25, 2018 06:19AM
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh
I saw the following questions, in another discussion and found them interesting. But they were not answered unfortunately, so I wish to raise them here again.

Quoting Damandeep Singh:

Some questions are there in my mind:

1.) How did Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji gather the Bani of the Bhagats?

2.) How and when did the 15 Bhagats become Sikhs of Guru Sahib Ji if some of them lived before arrival or Guru Sahib Ji?

3.) How was their Bani Sachkhandi-Bani?

4.) Regarding "Adam" being mentioned in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji:

Bhagat Kabir Ji takes an example of Adam being suspended from the paradise. Does that mean that Gurbani (Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji or Bhagat Kabir Ji) believed Adam to be the first human? Or is it that Bhagat Ji just took the example as a mythical example to put his point of Jeevan Mukti and "Man Preet Charan Kamlaa Re"?

Detailed answers to these questions would be very interesting for me.

End of Quoting
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Questions
May 26, 2018 03:35PM
For a detailed description about Bhagat Bani how its recited and how its dhur ki bani refer to chapters 6 and 7 in the following Ebook.
[issuu.com]

* Gursikhs do not accept the non Gursikh view that Guru Nanak Dev Ji was a social reformer who collected the teaching of Hindu and Muslims saints and merged them with his own " writings". This is not an accepted Gurmat view for Gurmat seekers.

Concerning Adam, Bhagat Kabeer Ji is just using this story as a reference. He is not giving credit to authenticity of the Islamic or Judaic version of Genesis.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login