ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bhagat Sunder

Posted by Vista 
Bhagat Sunder
April 30, 2010 12:52PM
I've been looking for information on Bhagat Sunder Jee, but could only find the the following.

Bhagat Sunder: 6 hymns: Baba Sunder (1560-1610) was the great grandson of Guru Amar Das. His composition called Sadd (Calling) was written at the request of Siree Guru Arjun Dev Jee after the Jyoti-Jyot of Siree Guru Ram Dass Jee.

If anyone else has any sakhiyaan about Bhagat Jee or knows the Sakhi of when he wrote Raamkalee Sadd ~ The Call Of Death it would be greatly appreciated
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Bhagat Sunder
April 30, 2010 01:07PM
Here is an old writeup on Ramkali Sadd:

Siri Guru Amardaas jee Maharaaj jee’s Paavan Aagman Divas, Avtar Purab is tomorrow (9 Jeth, or 23 May). What a great day it is! Siri Guru Amardaas’s greatness cannot be expressed in words. In Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee, Siri Guru Amardaas jee’s praise and reference is found in the following Baanis:

1) Ramkali Sadd: This baani written by Sunder jee, the great grandson of Siri Guru Amardaas jee, describes Siri Guru jee’s last days on this planet.

2) Ramkali kee Vaar (Satte Balwand wali) – In this baani there is one paure that describes Satguru jee’s praise in most beautiful words.

3) Bhatt Saviye – Saviye Mahalle teejay, chauthay and panjway contain explicit details of Siri Guru Amardaas jee’s greatness.

We will go through these baanis today and in coming days, and try to understand what Gurbani says about Siri Guru Amardaas jee. Apart from the aforementioned baanis, one can read Siri Guru Amardaas jee’s own baani and find out how sweet, how lovely, how deep yet how simple is Siri Guru jee’s baani. Siri Guru jee’s baani is Siri Guru jee’s seena, his hirda, his heart. Siri Anand Sahib is a perfect example of Siri Guru jee’s heart. How simple this baani is to understand yet how deep spiritual subjects have been touched in this baani.

Ramkali Sadd

The baani begins with praise of Siri Guru Amardaas jee and explains how Siri Guru jee reached the greatest position of guruship by the kirpa of Siri Guru Nanak Dev jee and Siri Guru Angad Dev jee. When the hukam of Vaheguru to depart from Earth reached Siri Guru jee, Siri Guru jee readily accepted Vaheguru jee’s will (Bhaana). Siri Guru jee, who was the holder and custodian of treasure of Naam treasure, with extreme humility implored and did ardaas before Vaheguru jee to bless him with Gurmat Naam that is free of maya (Naranjan) and that takes away all fear of Jamdoots and death. Satguru jee’s humble ardaas was heard by Vaheguru and so pleased was Vaheguru hearing Satguru jee’s ardaas that Vaheguru jee merged Satguru jee with him and said to Siri Guru jee, “Dhan Dhan” and “Shabaash”. This is stated in the last pankiti of second pauri of Ramkali Sadd:

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਕੀ ਬੇਨਤੀ ਪਾਈ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭਿ ਸੁਣੀ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ਜੀਉ ॥
ਹਰਿ ਧਾਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮਿਲਾਇਆ ਧਨੁ ਧਨੁ ਕਹੈ ਸਾਬਾਸਿ ਜੀਉ ॥੨॥

Reading third pauri of this baani, one realizes how sweet Siri Guru jee’s speech is and how caring He is. Sangat had realized that Siri Guru jee was going to depart from here to Sachkhand. Gursikhs of Siri Guru jee were so sad that the sorrow was unbearable for them. Siri Guru jee realized the sorrow of sangat and called the sangat over to him and addressed them very lovingly as follows: “Listen to me O my Sikhs, you are my sons and brothers. Vaheguru has announced his bhaana to me and has asked me to come to him. Vaheguru is lovingly calling me over and I have accepted his bhaana. Vaheguru is saying Shabaash to me.” Then Sundar jee the one who wrote this baani explains that so is Guru or a Bhagat who accepts the bhaana (will) of Vaheguru and in whom divine celestial music (Anhad shabad) rings continuously.

Sangat got very sad hearing the news of inevitable departure of Siri Guru jee. Again Siri Guru jee addressed Gursikhs very lovingly, “You all are my sons, brothers and family. Think of this deeply, within yourself. The will of Vaheguru cannot be altered and as a result I have to go to Vaheguru jee.” Refer to pankitis below:

ਮੇਰੇ ਸਿਖ ਸੁਣਹੁ ਪੁਤ ਭਾਈਹੋ ਮੇਰੈ ਹਰਿ ਭਾਣਾ ਆਉ ਮੈ ਪਾਸਿ ਜੀਉ ॥
ਹਰਿ ਭਾਣਾ ਗੁਰ ਭਾਇਆ ਮੇਰਾ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਕਰੇ ਸਾਬਾਸਿ ਜੀਉ ॥
ਭਗਤੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਸੋਈ ਜਿਸੁ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਭਾਣਾ ਭਾਵਏ ॥
ਆਨੰਦ ਅਨਹਦ ਵਜਹਿ ਵਾਜੇ ਹਰਿ ਆਪਿ ਗਲਿ ਮੇਲਾਵਏ ॥
ਤੁਸੀ ਪੁਤ ਭਾਈ ਪਰਵਾਰੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨਿ ਵੇਖਹੁ ਕਰਿ ਨਿਰਜਾਸਿ ਜੀਉ ॥
ਧੁਰਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਪਰਵਾਣਾ ਫਿਰੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਜਾਇ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਪਾਸਿ ਜੀਉ ॥੩॥

Then Siri Guru jee gave hukam to Sangat as follows: “No one should cry after me. One who cries will not be my beloved. When a friend gets respect, honour, friends rejoice it. Now you all are my sons and brothers. Should you be crying when your Guru is going to be merged in Vaheguru and get honoured in the next world.” Hearing this sangat consoled. Then Satguru jee, while living on Earth, established Siri Guru Raamdaas jee on his seat. He ordered everyone to bow before Siri Guru Ramdaas jee.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਭਾਣੈ ਆਪਣੈ ਬਹਿ ਪਰਵਾਰੁ ਸਦਾਇਆ ॥
ਮਤ ਮੈ ਪਿਛੈ ਕੋਈ ਰੋਵਸੀ ਸੋ ਮੈ ਮੂਲਿ ਨ ਭਾਇਆ ॥
ਮਿਤੁ ਪੈਝੈ ਮਿਤੁ ਬਿਗਸੈ ਜਿਸੁ ਮਿਤ ਕੀ ਪੈਜ ਭਾਵਏ ॥
ਤੁਸੀ ਵੀਚਾਰਿ ਦੇਖਹੁ ਪੁਤ ਭਾਈ ਹਰਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਪੈਨਾਵਏ ॥
ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਪਰਤਖਿ ਹੋਦੈ ਬਹਿ ਰਾਜੁ ਆਪਿ ਟਿਕਾਇਆ ॥
ਸਭਿ ਸਿਖ ਬੰਧਪ ਪੁਤ ਭਾਈ ਰਾਮਦਾਸ ਪੈਰੀ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੪॥

In the end, Siri Guru jee said, “After me, do continuous kirtan of Gurbani. Let Pandits of Kesho Gopal i.e. Gursikhs of Vaheguru come and do kirtan of Gurbani instead of katha of Garud Puran. Remember that only katha of Vaheguru, i.e. Gurbani alone should be sung after me.

Sangat was moved by Siri Guru jee’s amrit roopi speech. They obeyed the hukam of Siri Guru jee of establishing Siri Guru Ramdaas jee and Siri Guru jee’s son Baba Mohri was the first one to do matha-tek (bow) before Siri Guru Ramdaas jee. There were some who refused to recognized Siri Guru Ramdaas jee but Siri Guru Amardaas jee personally brought them over and had them bow before Satguru jee. Reference Gurbani:

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਜਿ ਬੋਲਿਆ ਗੁਰਸਿਖਾ ਮੰਨਿ ਲਈ ਰਜਾਇ ਜੀਉ ॥
ਮੋਹਰੀ ਪੁਤੁ ਸਨਮੁਖੁ ਹੋਇਆ ਰਾਮਦਾਸੈ ਪੈਰੀ ਪਾਇ ਜੀਉ ॥
ਸਭ ਪਵੈ ਪੈਰੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਕੇਰੀ ਜਿਥੈ ਗੁਰੂ ਆਪੁ ਰਖਿਆ ॥
ਕੋਈ ਕਰਿ ਬਖੀਲੀ ਨਿਵੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਫਿਰਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਆਣਿ ਨਿਵਾਇਆ ॥

Reading this baani we get some idea how much love and respect sangat of Gobindwal had for Siri Guru jee and how loving and caring Satguru jee is.

Daas will try to write about Siri Guru jee from Ramkali kee Vaar and Bhattan de saviye soon.

Let Siri Guru jee's Gurpurab be a special day for us. Let's do more paath, more simran and read these baanis where Siri Guru jee's praise is mentioned.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login